PDA

View Full Version : Deep Shower Thoughts Thread

ttokkii
10-03-2016, 12:42 AM
I figured we should start a tongue-in-cheek or even serious-at-times shower thoughts thread! So go wild. What are some things that you think of?

How do blind people know when they've finished wiping their butts?

Night Fury
10-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Whenever I'm in the shower I do a George Costanza and think of amazing and elaborate come backs to every kind of altercation I've ever had in my life.

Bubba
10-03-2016, 11:58 AM
"Bringing this beer into the shower with me was an excellent idea"

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-04-2016, 04:39 AM
The most recent ones were about the deconstruction of modern Western societies eurocentric/Christocentric understanding of religion and the relationship between metaphysical, epistemological, and ethical questions and how they relate to one another. In the latter case, I was mainly thinking about the relationship of certainty and uncertainty in our society and how that has impact on our ethical framework, which is failing because an ethics based on sameness poses a metaphysical violence on the other through either their reduction to sameness/similarity, or in failing that their exclusion. Or in other words, basing ethics on how either "I" would want to be treated (e.g. Golden Rule variations) or how others belong to a certain group that I self-identify with (e.g. "human") are faulty because in the former it universalizes the value of one particular person (or group) over all others, and in the latter by the fact that such categories are ultimately constructions in which membership can be arbitrarily given or taken away (think how easily we consider people we dislike as being non-human, or even our language used to insult people, or the realities of discrimination, past and present, and how easily humanity is taken away from people).

I do realize I sound pretentious. *shrugs* I mean, I have to use my education for something (not my work obviously)!

Vasher
10-06-2016, 01:09 PM
"Bringing this beer into the shower with me was an excellent idea"

^This, and despite all the attention my monkey gets, it still needs "spanking". JK, but seriously, sometimes, here and there. JK. "Bad Monkey!"

And "Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair! Conditioner is better! I leave the hair silky and smooth! Oh, really, fool? Really! Stop looking at me, swan!"

ttokkii
10-06-2016, 01:48 PM
And "Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair! Conditioner is better! I leave the hair silky and smooth! Oh, really, fool? Really! Stop looking at me, swan!"

I haven't seen Billy Madison in yeeaaaarss.

Iceglow
10-10-2016, 12:35 PM
I figured out the meaning of life, the universe and everything. I can't remember the conclusion I came to. But I can remember it being the 42nd thing I thought of.

Yes people, the answer to the immortal question is still 42.