PDA

View Full Version : Ten Pin Bowling!

Bubba
10-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Who here enjoys rolling heavy, over-sized marbles at some bits of wood?! Even if it does follow that tired sports formula of one person/team versus another person/team and use of a ball. I haven't done it for a while but always enjoy it even though I perform terribly.

How do you fare when playing? What is your highest score?

Night Fury
10-05-2016, 04:50 PM
You're right it's a bit formulaic for me Bubba I'm just waiting it out for an original sport.

Formalhaut
10-05-2016, 04:53 PM
You're right it's a bit formulaic for me Bubba I'm just waiting it out for an original sport.

:jess:

Ahem. Oh, I really like bowling. I always have the barriers up though, because there's nothing more soul crushing than whiffing and getting zero. To be honest though, I'm very average. I can do a decent first bowl, but picking off spares? Bleh. Don't have the aim for it.

Psychotic
10-05-2016, 04:54 PM
I am genuinely the worst person ever at it.

ttokkii
10-05-2016, 05:00 PM
I'm totally terrible, and I have a weird-butt way of bowling. Instead of under arm, i like roll it but with the back of my hand facing out instead of my palm. I do enjoy it, nonetheless :D

Shauna
10-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Bowling is alright if you get a decent crowd out but the amount of money spent for what can ultimately take 15 minutes between 2 people is why Matt and I don't go often.

But I'm okay at best in terms of playing the game. Too many gutter balls at all times for my liking though.

Crop
10-05-2016, 05:40 PM
I'm so good they call me Dr X.

One thing I will not do, is play with the sides up. If the general consensus is to play with the sides up, I will sit and watch or go to a nearby Arcade or something until it's over. Nothing more boring than aimlessly throwing a ball down a lane. I mean, why even pay? At least with the sides down there's an element of skill and balance. Makes it more fun anyway, and if you suck just have a laugh with it.