PDA

View Full Version : What makes a sandwich, a sandwich?

ttokkii
10-05-2016, 09:26 PM
At first glance, most of us will think "such a stupid question, it's a sandwich!" But really think about it. What makes a sandwich ?

Are burgers and hotdogs sandwiches ? Two breadsticks and a piece of cheese? Two slices of bread? Does it even have to be bread? Or edible?

These are the most important questions in life.

(This is what happens when I'm bored and left alone too long)

Shauna
10-05-2016, 09:29 PM
There is one thing you will learn about the EoFF community, and that is that we take food far far too seriously and I predict that this topic is one that will start a debate that will end friendships.

ttokkii
10-05-2016, 09:38 PM
My friends and I have had a similar conversation that lasted for hours. It got extremely heated.

Formalhaut
10-05-2016, 10:29 PM
I think we had this one before. Though it was more of a 'is a chicken sandwich a burger or a sandwich' type deal.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-06-2016, 05:09 AM
It has happened before. To wit, it was the successor of the great soup-drink debate.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Night Fury
10-06-2016, 05:54 AM
Okay I'm leaving the forum, I'll be back in 3 weeks when this has all blown over.

Colonel Angus
10-06-2016, 05:57 AM
anything w/ bread, crackers or a bun is technically a sandwich, including hot dogs & hamburgers. #Come@MeBros

Mirage
10-06-2016, 06:44 AM
Hot dogs are sandwiches. Come at us, bros.

Hamburgers are warm sandwiches.

Vermachtnis
10-06-2016, 07:03 AM
Are loafs of bread a bread sandwich.

Mirage
10-06-2016, 07:05 AM
who knows

Pheesh
10-06-2016, 09:17 AM
anything w/ bread, crackers or a bun is technically a sandwich, including hot dogs & hamburgers. #Come@MeBros

A single cracker used to scoop up dip is not a sandwich. A slice of bread used to mop up soup is also not a sandwich. FOH.

Loony BoB
10-06-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm biding my time, guys. Just waiting for the right post.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-06-2016, 04:58 PM

A single cracker used to scoop up dip is not a sandwich. A slice of bread used to mop up soup is also not a sandwich. FOH.

I can agree.

I ain't buyin' that a cracker makes a sandwich unless it's two BIG crackers. Then I guess it's basically a big flat/unleavened bread sandwich. That sounds pretty dry and gross though.

You have to be careful with your bread though. If you scoop up too much sauce, and happen to get some cheese and/or other ingredients then you accidentally made and open-faced sandwich. :eek:

Bubba
10-06-2016, 05:05 PM
If you spread soup onto two slices of bread and put them together... is that then a sandwich that is also a drink?

NeoCracker
10-06-2016, 06:27 PM
All you need to know on the topic. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtVH51B51qU)

Galuf
10-09-2016, 02:55 PM
when you dont know the answer. theres a sure solution.

KITTENS!

thats my answer bye

Iceglow
10-10-2016, 12:50 PM
Soup is definitely a drink. If you spread it on 2 slices of bread and pushed them together, I predict you'll have made a soggy mess that even Mary Berry would be hard pressed to make an innuendo about

Cell
11-29-2016, 07:04 AM
Lots of bacon and brown sauce make a sandwich a true sandwich.

Sephex
11-29-2016, 08:42 AM
*eats two slices of bread between another two slices of bread while reading thread and nodding eagerly*

FFNut
11-29-2016, 08:43 PM
I was just thinking about this a couple minutes ago. I live right next door to my mom and dad now, and since my dad retired he has been baking bread every single day.

Went to to make a sandwich and my dad hadn't baked any break yet today so grabbed some store bought... It was not as good!

Though bread itself self isn't a sandwich, the better the bread is the better the sandwich. Unless you are one of those people who love the KFC burger where deep fried chicken is the top and bottom bun, and then there is more deep fried chicken inside.

qwertysaur
12-03-2016, 01:18 AM
The thing that makes a sandwich a sandwich is not just the glory that becomes what is inside, but the majesty, heart, soul and passion that is crafted into each and every bite of heaven that the lucky one who receives it shall enjoy.

Also you gotta use your hands.

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2016, 09:51 AM
No, you are all heathens!

Two slices of bread. You can put whatever in between, but you need two slices of bread!

BreakfastGrilledCheese
12-07-2016, 07:15 PM
Soup is definitely a drink.

Cereal is breakfast soup.

The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council says that a hotdog isn't a sandwich. I disagree. Everything between a bun / bread slices / folded bread / cracker / etc. is a sandwich.

Throw some stuff in between some carbohydrates and that's a sandwich!

Mirage
12-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Two plates of caramelized sugar with nutella between them. Sandwich!