PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Summon Tourney: Magitek Knight R1

Wolf Kanno
10-22-2016, 09:56 AM
Time for the sixth round of combat between some legendary summoned beasts. Today's battles include:

Doomtrain
Debuting in FFVIII, many fans believe Doomtrain is a fun shout out to the Phantom Train from VI. He's best known for having a pretty convoluted set of steps required to obtain, which is all vaguely hinted at through all those Occult Fan Magazines Squall collects, yet most players will agree he's worth the effort since he works like a damaging Bad Breath attack that even inflicts VIT=0. He has only appeared briefly in spin off materials but I'm sure most of us would love to see this guy come around again.

VS.

Chaos
Named and inspired by the infamous final boss of the Final Fantasy, Chaos debuted in Final Fantasy XII and much like his competition, you had to undertake a very daunting quest to even face him. Chaos has the distinction of being one of the actual good summons in XII, able to use most elements and designed to exploit them with his fast casting, he would eventually use his signature attack Tornado, to smite all his foes.

Our next round is...

The Magus Sisters
Debuting as a memorable set of bosses in FFIV, the trio got the summon treatment in FFX as the games ultimate summon that could only be acquired by defeating a fallen summoner once Yuna had acquired the rest of the Aeons. They are unique from other Aeons because they don't necessarily always follow orders, instead taking suggestions on whether to use their overpowered moves like Passado or just using their classic Reflect black magic Delta Attack. Their signature move has been updated to one of the strongest attacks in the game.

VS.

Siren
Debuting as a formidable boss in FFV, Siren was upgraded to summon status in FFVI and has largely remained a summon since though not always obtainabe. Her signature ability is to sing a song that leaves her opponents speechless and silenced. Her signature appearances have been as the Forgotten Avatar in FFXI, she was featured prominently in Nautilus' entertainment show in FFXIII, and she'll be appearing in the upcoming World of Final Fantasy as well.

Our next round is...

Hashmal
Debuting in FFTactic as the ring leader of the Lucavi seeking to resurrect Ultima. Hashmal has appeared in most of the Ivalice titles and like many of the Espers, made his summon debut in FFXII. Hashmal is fought in the last stretches of the infamous Pharos Light Tower and is one of the few Espers required to battle in the main story. His most useful talent is being one of the only means of the player using Earth elemental attacks besides elemental ammo. While his ultimate move is the same as Titan, his signature basic earth move is called Rock You (Roxxor in the English translation) being one of Matsuno's signature references to the band Queen.

VS.

Shiva
Debuting in FFIII along with all the classic summons, Shiva is actually tied with Bahamut on most appearances in the series as a summon. She has Diamnond Dust her fair share of enemies in the series. Her most iconic appearances have been lurking in the basement of Walz Castle to battle wandering travelers in FFV, taking a mistaken last stand against Celes and the others in the Magitek Research Facility, being a set of twins that turned into a motorcycle for Snow to ride on in FFXIII, and being a beloved queen who died in the frozen north-lands after a coup in her kingdom, the Goddess Altana transformed her into an Avatar of ice in the world of Vana'diel. She has also been shown to appear as a Astral for Noctis in the upcoming FFXV.

and finally...

Remora
A monstrous collection of piranha that paralyze their prey as they consume them. They debuted all the wat back in the original Final Fantasy but got upgraded to summon status in FFV where they paralyzed foes for the party. They have usually appeared as a monster in most entries in the series, but made a return as a summon in FF Airborne Brigade.

VS.

Typhon
Debuting in FFVI as the monstrous companion to Ultros, Typhon got the summon treatment in FFVII as the Typhoon summon materia. Known for his ability to sneeze so hard he blows opponents off the battle field, he served a beef gate for the Dragon Neck Coliseum in VI and has made several cameos in FFXIII-2 and FFXIV as a playable boss alongside Ultros. He's also appeared as a summon in spin-off titles like Dissidia.

Fynn
10-22-2016, 10:14 AM
Hashmal is actually my favorite Esper design-wise! I like big leonine things!

Galuf
10-22-2016, 12:45 PM
Hashmals appearance was pretty funny cos he was so random. However Famfrit was hashmal x2 lol.

Karifean
10-22-2016, 12:48 PM

I feel sorry for you that he's up against Shiva first round ^^;

Fynn
10-22-2016, 01:00 PM

I feel sorry for you that he's up against Shiva first round ^^;

Of course half naked ladies are always gonna win ;) I just wanted to show my support for him and I'm fine with him losing!

Shiva95
10-22-2016, 01:14 PM
Doomtrain, The Magus Sisters, Shiva and Typhon.

Galuf
10-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Holy shit. Shiva 95 voted Shiva! Im so dumbfounded right now

Bubba
10-23-2016, 04:59 PM
Doomtrain, The Magus Sisters, Shiva and Typhon.

Easy.

Vermachtnis
10-24-2016, 06:55 AM
I don't think they'll be any ties this time. And is this the first sweep?

Wolf Kanno
10-24-2016, 07:12 AM
Pretty much, I feel the next one will be more interesting.