PDA

View Full Version : Thirty Days

Wolf Kanno
10-29-2016, 06:45 PM
So we're officially thirty days away from the games release, a title we've technically been waiting for since FFXII was released ten years ago. It's been confirmed to have gone Gold so there is no threat of another delay. We're breaking a bit of ground here with this game being the first Action-RPG in the numbered series and though the game started as a Nomura/Nojima project, since rebranding it has largely been developed by a team that only has minor connections to the main series and lacks many of the big names usually associated with the series.

For non-MMO players, it's been six years since the last numbered entry. Three for the last good one. We've had our Lightning sequels and our Type-0, but this is the actual next numbered installment. Are you excited? Changed your mind about everything? Don't care?

Fynn
10-29-2016, 06:52 PM
My hype has reached critical mass ages ago

And I am devastated because I don't have a PS4

Sephiroth
10-29-2016, 06:56 PM
I just know that uni won't see me the first 3 days I have it.

Depression Moon
10-29-2016, 08:53 PM
I don't have a PS4 so I tend to make myself non-excited for things I probably won't be getting anytime soon. The delay would've diminished it regardless.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-30-2016, 04:24 AM
I am scared that November is going to pass painfully slow. :(

Noctis Caelum
10-31-2016, 05:14 AM
My hype has reached critical mass ages ago

And I am devastated because I don't have a PS4
You could buy the PS4 Pro then. It would be worth it too, especially if you have or are commited to getting a 4K TV. FFXV + PS4 Pro + 4K TV is definitely the best experience money can buy.

Fynn
10-31-2016, 07:06 AM
Nah, I don't really care about such things and don't intend to buy a big TV at all, since we don't watch TV. If I got to get a PS4 now, I'd definitely go with the Luna edition PS4 slim :D

Del Murder
10-31-2016, 06:03 PM
So we're officially thirty days away from the games release next delay announcement
Fixed.

Jinx
10-31-2016, 06:36 PM
Is this game not available for PC?

Aulayna
10-31-2016, 06:53 PM
I have an UCE going to my Nan's back in the UK which I won't be able to collect until Christmas.

I am serially considering purchasing the PS Store version with the season pass as I dunno if I can wait that long xD

Wolf Kanno
10-31-2016, 07:13 PM
So we're officially thirty days away from the games release next delay announcement
Fixed.

It went Gold, which means the game has left the studio to be mass produced as a game disc/download so they can't really delay it any longer. Course they could still potentially be patching bugs for months after it's release if they decide to go the Ubisoft route.

Is this game not available for PC?

Not currently but the developers have said they want to port it to PC pretty soon if they can.

DMKA
11-01-2016, 01:31 AM
The wait is killing me. It's so close!

Bubba
11-01-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm trying desperately to finish my playthrough of Mass Effect 2 before this is released. I'm not doing too bad but I reckon it's gonna be close!

Noctis Caelum
11-01-2016, 09:11 PM
https://i.redd.it/8ropzu5kazux.gif

I guess you can say... the phoenix down animation is lit.

The hype train is in full effect. Not long now.

NeoCracker
11-02-2016, 08:41 AM
After playing the Demo at E3, I'm skipping this one until the price drops. I was very, very unimpressed with the gameplay.

I have enough on my plate as it stands.

Yar
11-02-2016, 07:59 PM
imo It's bound to be a disappointment. It will never live up to its hype.

It's been in development for ten years. In that time, Skyrim has been developed, released, and then even rereleased.

SE is trying to be "innovative" and I fear that with this game their failure to stick with what they know how to do well will bite them in the end.

I just want to see FFXVI already

Del Murder
11-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Nothing could live up to it's hype except a flawless game. 10 years is just too much pressure to put on any one product.

However, I do think it will be good if judged by normal game standards. It may even innovate in several ways. It will be difficult if not impossible to judge FFXV based on the actual product and not the series' legacy or the development leading up to it, so it will be interesting to see how it is reviewed.

I think the fact that people are still hanging around for FFXV after 10 years shows that this series is far from dead. And FFXV clearly has a lot of thought put into it. Hopefully SE learns from all this and takes it into consideration when deciding the future of the franchise.

Wolf Kanno
11-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Yeah I'm going to echo Yar and Del's sentiment that XV will always have a bit of a black spot on its rep thanks to it's atrocious development time and bad timing. So it's most likely going to review well by professional reviewers but I foresee the fanbase crucifying it for all of the above reasons only to look back on it years later a bit more fondly.

With all that said, now that I've had a chance to play both demos, I'm happy this game is picking up where FFXII left off in terms of design direction and we can forget the backstep that was XIII. Still not sure about the gameplay as I enjoyed Duscae's battle mechanics more than the Platinum demo, but I think the final product will be closer to Platinum's version. I do feel they have the main four down pat though. Regardless of the controversy about the "boys club" party, I do feel SE has done a great job so far of making them feel like a strong group of friends.

I don't feel like it will be a bad game but I'm sure many fans will be disappointed in some way or other if they haven't already but let's face it, FF fans are the Trekkies of the video game world and SE has no chance of ever pleasing everyone. Of anything, I'll be happy when XV is released so we can finally move out of the shadow that is the Fabula Nova Crystallis clusterfuck, and finally have a fresh start with the series again.

Fynn
11-02-2016, 09:19 PM
I can't wait for that surprise reveal when they tell us they've actually been working on FFXVI for years and it's an Ito game.

Wolf Kanno
11-02-2016, 09:26 PM
I can't wait for that surprise reveal when they tell us they've actually been working on FFXVI for years and it's an Ito game.

I can't wait for the disappointment when the game is revealed to be a Toriyama game starring a character named Thunder.

Fynn
11-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Oh man... I forgot Toriyama wasn't fired for the XIII trilogy... must have been a dream I had

Sephiroth
11-03-2016, 01:29 AM
Why should we have a Thunder when Thunder is a character in FFXIII-2 already as a part of a troop whose names were inspired by Lightning.

Tyson
11-03-2016, 02:12 AM
It's the final countdown! Dun, dun dun dun.

I'm optimistic, I've been staying away from media for the past couple months as to not spoil myself but I've seen the headlines from the big sites, IGN, Kotaku, Gamespot etc ... saying the first 15 hours are amazing.

I'm slightly wary of trusting them as XIII reviewed very well and was absolute garbage in my opinion. I saw the first hour of gameplay before my media blackout and it looks like it's at the very least going to be the best Square 'Enix' final fantasy game. That's all i can really ask for at this point.

I've never been a die hard fan of the actual gameplay of FF (far more interested in the story, characters and world and the anime and movie were great ways to introduce that)

My 3 days off work have been booked! PS4 Pro is preordered. 4K TV is in my theatre room. Just 26 days to go!

Ffamran mied Bunansa
11-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Ten years of hype and it's finally almost here. It's like a dream.

Noctis Caelum
11-07-2016, 05:44 PM
And here I was hoping for a XV-2 announcement. :P

Slothy
11-08-2016, 05:49 PM
People are still looking forward to this thing? *yawn* Wake me when Persona 5 is released.

Fynn
11-08-2016, 05:55 PM
People are still looking forward to this thing? *yawn* Wake me when Persona 5 is released.

rude

Slothy
11-08-2016, 07:28 PM
In all seriousness though, after 10 years, 3 FFXIII titles, and a few gameplay trailers that did nothing to wow me, I doubt I'll be picking this one up any time soon. If it reviews well with some people I trust then maybe I'll get it on PC someday during a Steam sale. Right now the only thing Square's releasing that I'm remotely interested in is the FFXII remaster. I'm not sure how people have managed to keep their enthusiasm up for this game after all this time. It just isn't for me.

Wolf Kanno
11-08-2016, 09:31 PM
I was in a similar boat to Vivi22 but I'll admit that after I got a chance to play through the demos and watch Brotherhood, I feel Tabata and his team are onto something with this title. Whether it will be great or not is up in the air since ED and Platinum offered two very different battle systems, but I loved how ED gave off a cool FFXII vibe. Like SE ignored XIII looked back on the entry that got a perfect score from Famitsu before the magazine became totally sold out and said, "You know, this game had some really good ideas. Why didn't we follow up on that?" and basically did so.

I'm more excited now than I have ever been for the game, which isn't saying much since I never had much interest even when this was still Versus XIII, but I'm willing to give it a fair shake and it has been seven years since I got to play a new numbered entry. This one at least looks like it's trying to be good whereas the last one I played looked like it was trying too hard. I'm still expecting some leftover of the original Nojima script that was saved over for the re-brand to come along and screw up the story, but at least it might be fun until I get there.

Noctis Caelum
11-09-2016, 12:40 AM
If it were up to me, I'd let you stay in your cryogenic slumber.

This is like going to a bar, and telling everybody there that they're wasting their money and time getting drunk.

Really logical, bud.

DMKA
11-09-2016, 01:47 AM
Yeah I agree with the people saying it's not going to live up to the hype built around it. There's just no way any game ever could live up to THAT much built up hype.

Tyson
11-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Right now the only thing Square's releasing that I'm remotely interested in is the FFXII remaster. I'm not sure how people have managed to keep their enthusiasm up for this game after all this time. It just isn't for me.

I'd rather throw my PlayStation out the window then play a second more of FF XII. Blows my mind people like that game :S

I will admit my hype for XV died from around 2013 to 2015. I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here where the anime and movie have restored my faith and shown me that SE may actually be capable of telling a good story with this game. In the end, if the story and characters are good I'll be happy.

Wolf Kanno
11-09-2016, 10:14 PM
I'd rather throw my PlayStation out the window then play a second more of FF XII. Blows my mind people like that game :S

I'm looking forward to FFXII HD, more than the FFX HD collection since I feel the XII International version offered more of a new experience. Hell I still consider XII to be the last good game in the series, so in terms of FFXV, I've waited ten years to finally play a new FF that might actually be good.

Tyson
11-10-2016, 03:07 AM
I'm looking forward to FFXII HD, more than the FFX HD collection since I feel the XII International version offered more of a new experience. Hell I still consider XII to be the last good game in the series, so in terms of FFXV, I've waited ten years to finally play a new FF that might actually be good.

I'm in the same boat except I consider FFX to be the last good game in the series. Honestly I haven't really enjoyed most games SquareEnix has put out. Only 3 I can think of I liked were FFX-2, Kingdom Hearts 2 and Crisis Core. Although all of those games are direct sequels/prequels of amazing SquaresSoft games haha

FF XV is Square Enix's chance to prove to me they can make a truly great Final Fantasy game.... I hope.

Fynn
11-10-2016, 06:44 AM
Oh yas, bring me that Zodiac Age goodness! When is that coming out again?

Noctis Caelum
11-11-2016, 05:48 AM
Oh yas, bring me that Zodiac Age goodness! When is that coming out again?
No release date yet. I'd imagine sometime in 2017 though, probably along with the VII remake.

Wolf Kanno
11-22-2016, 05:14 PM
So one week....

Del Murder
11-22-2016, 06:33 PM
I hope it's good, but my expectations are low. Not low about the quality, but about it being a game I'm going to like. I'm starting to get sick of these 100 hour open world action-oriented RPG with a bazillion repetitious quest games, though they are popular. But it might even be objectively bad. Who knows.

Regardless of what FFXV ends up being, I'll be happy once it is released because it will finally be over.

Fynn
11-22-2016, 06:35 PM
I mean, so far it kind of looks like the Xenoblade successor that I wanted instead of X, so yeah, I think I'm probably still the most hyped person here

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-23-2016, 04:32 AM
I hope it's good, but my expectations are low. Not low about the quality, but about it being a game I'm going to like. I'm starting to get sick of these 100 hour open world action-oriented RPG with a bazillion repetitious quest games, though they are popular. But it might even be objectively bad. Who knows.

Regardless of what FFXV ends up being, I'll be happy once it is released because it will finally be over.

One of the streamers, from Peru, beat the game in 28 hours but he skipped a bunch of side quests, played on easy difficulty, and even skipped a bunch of cut scenes. So it is kinda one of those you get as much as you put into it kinda things.

Sephiroth
11-23-2016, 05:52 AM
I hate how the ending was already spoiled and the worst, by noticing some dumb youtube comment I couldn't resist and looked up what was spoiled about the ending. At first I was a bit disappointed by what I have read but apparently there is more to it and that made it somewhat okay for me again. I still need to actually see it for myself though. What I really dislike though is who the main villain is. I liked Barthandelus and Caius way more - design-wise.

Fynn
11-23-2016, 06:26 AM
I hate how the ending was already spoiled and the worst, by noticing some dumb youtube comment I couldn't resist and looked up what was spoiled about the ending. At first I was a bit disappointed by what I have read but apparently there is more to it and that made it somewhat okay for me again. I still need to actually see it for myself though. What I really dislike though is who the main villain is. I liked Barthandelus and Caius way more - design-wise.

Honestly, Barthandelus had zero charisma, making him a way worse villain that even the oldest ones such as Garland and the Emperor. And while I can't speak for Caius too much but his design kind of never grabbed me. Like he's this self-insert Dark Sue or something.

So judging by that, the villain is either much worse or much better. Hard to tell because of our differing tastes :p

Sephiroth
11-23-2016, 08:41 AM
I liked his incarnation as Dysley. It felt a lot different from the archetypical Sephiroth, Kuja, Caius, et cetera. And Caius because of his story and the very fact that he is the archetypical anime villain. So I like both sides. Sometimes.

Fynn
11-23-2016, 11:12 AM
I mean, yeah, Dysley was different in that he was old. But that didn't help in making him compelling. Because his motivations were vague, his entire design was forgettable, and not to mention the whole "haha, you may have thought I tried to trick you with that disguise but I knew it wasn't going to work all along, so all of you got fooled! Muahaha!" schtick, he just stands out as an incredibly weak villain and another reason why XIII just comes across as a whole bundle of wasted potential.

With that out of the way, I hope I manage to avoid any spoilers because I think that at this point I'm more excited than ever. Listening to the Abbey Road live performance and the soundtrack alone is enough to send chills down my spine that I haven't felt since the game's original announcement in 2006.