PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Game You've Ever Played

Karifean
10-31-2016, 11:30 AM
What it says on the tin; what's that one game that really gave you the "chills" when you played it?

For me it's probably Higurashi When They Cry, Episode 1 to be specific. There's something incredibly unsettling about the idea of moving to a new rural location and having everyone silently not accept you and wishing you were gone but still keeping up the friendly façade at all times.

Happy Halloween!

Pumpkin
10-31-2016, 02:34 PM
Until Dawn, but I get spooked at everything

Vyk
10-31-2016, 06:14 PM
Until Dawn was really good at capturing that 80s horror it was going for. But that's general horror stuff that still felt safe most of the time, and I didn't feel uneasy when I turned the game off

What really got me, was Alien: Isolation. Where I really felt unsafe the whole time, and even unsettled wandering around my house in the dark afterwards because those feelings were still fresh once the game was off. And it was awesome. I haven't felt that unsettled for a long time

DMKA
11-04-2016, 01:18 AM
P.T.

Wolf Kanno
11-04-2016, 04:11 AM
Probably Fatal Frame, though it really helps to have a good surround system for it, which I don't. :cry:

I would be lying if Silent Hill 2 didn't give me an awkward evening or two as well.