PDA

View Full Version : Spaces not working in quote

Colonel Angus
11-03-2016, 05:20 PM
When I quote a post & try to type something in response, the spacebar won't work. Works fine when I create my own post, just not for quotes.

Jinx
11-03-2016, 05:30 PM
Same thing for me. It does work if you go in and edit your post, though.

Shauna
11-03-2016, 05:34 PM

I am not sure what the issue is, works fine for me.

What skin are you using, browser, etc?

Colonel Angus
11-03-2016, 06:49 PM

I'musingXIV.

Edit:See ^ & Sam is right about the editing.

Shauna
11-03-2016, 06:56 PM

I'musingXIV.

Edit:See ^ & Sam is right about the editing.

You mean Fifteen? I am fine there too. What browser? :3

Jinx
11-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Chrome, Aeris Reborn

Shauna
11-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Chrome, Aeris Reborn

I am struggling to recreate your issue. xD I've been able to do spaces in three separate skins, and two different browsers.

Maybe someone with more tech savvy can take over from here.

Colonel Angus
11-03-2016, 07:34 PM
I'm using Chrome & yes, XV.

Rantz
11-03-2016, 09:29 PM
I can reproduce it in the WYSIWYG editor, but not the plaintext editor. Interestingly, when I switch to the plaintext editor and back again, it works again.

Don't have time to figure out how to fix it right now, sorry. Maybe during the weekend.

Freya
11-10-2016, 03:05 PM
I had this happen to me yesterday. I'm on simplified light, only when quoting.

Yar
11-30-2016, 11:34 PM
I'mhavingthisproblemtoo.I'vefoundthebestwaytofixistorefreshthepage.

Usingthethistheme:

https://s16.postimg.org/fqdwo2mxx/Capture.jpg

Formalhaut
11-30-2016, 11:54 PM
I will just chip in to say I get this as well. Chrome, using the Old Skool (ugh, school with a 'k') skin. It's fine when I'm not quoting, but when I quote, I cannot use spaces once I've hit enter twice to write below the quote. Interestingly, not pressing space and writing immediately after the quote allows me to use spaces. It's... finicky, for the moment, but serviceable.

Shauna
12-01-2016, 08:34 AM
As Rantz seems to have worked out, the problem is the WYSIWYG editor (unless some of you aren't using this one, then we have a whole new problem) - until we get this sorted, a temp fix would be switching to the simple editor via the settings page. Or power through using the little fixes you've all worked out for yourselves!

I'll see if we can get someone to look into this. :)

Rantz
12-01-2016, 08:00 PM
I stumbled upon another weird workaround - if you just type a line break and then move back up a line (leaving the line break below) you can use spaces again. Weirdest bug.

Still haven't had the time/energy to really dig into this.

Rantz
12-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Did some googling and found this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-4/vbulletin-4-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/4356452-space-bar-not-working-on-reply

It seems there won't be any fix for this issue from their end unless they stumble upon some quick solution. There may possibly be a fix in Chrome at some point if it is indeed a browser bug. Until then, probably not much we can do aside from use workarounds and wait, or switch to another forum software (which I don't think is in the cards right now).

In other news, seems vBulletin's support team is keeping up their tradition of acting like petulant children - though some of the other posters there are too, to be fair. Still, it baffles me that any company handles customer service like that.

Vyk
03-21-2017, 04:12 PM
I stumbled upon another weird workaround - if you just type a line break and then move back up a line (leaving the line break below) you can use spaces again. Weirdest bug.

Still haven't had the time/energy to really dig into this.
ha;lkj That worked. Bit of a necro on this thread. But as I've only just become active again, this issue was new to me. So it may be worth necro'ing once in a while as people stumble across the problem over and over until it's fixed...

That work-around sure as hell beats typing a reply somewhere else and then pasting it in. Or ... *gasp* using the advanced reply option (For some reason I much prefer replying on the thread page itself)

Freya
03-21-2017, 08:52 PM
Heck I just ctrl+B to bold something then ctrl+b to unbold it and that works.

Was posting on another forum today that uses vbulletin and it did it there too. So it's not just an us thing.

Colonel Angus
03-22-2017, 04:26 AM
Heck I just ctrl+B to bold something then ctrl+b to unbold it and that works.

Was posting on another forum today that uses vbulletin and it did it there too. So it's not just an us thing.
This works!