PDA

View Full Version : NES Classic Console

Colonel Angus
11-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Not going to be bothered finding if there's an older thread on this, but it's coming out Friday.

Early reviews show the controller only has a 2.5" cord, or in International talk, .762 meter. Yes, the cord on the controller isn't even 1 meter long. :lol:

Other than that, they all say it looks good, plays good.

Mirage
11-04-2016, 04:17 PM
How the fuck do you even play on it with a 0.7 meter cord? Just the distance from where I keep my consoles to the floor is like half of that. Do controllers connect via USB? If so, you could at least get a standard USB extension cord.

Colonel Angus
11-05-2016, 12:25 AM
They use the same connection that the Pro Controllers/nunchucks connect to the Wiimote. So if you want to make it longer, you have to buy a special (non-licensed) extension cord.

Slothy
11-05-2016, 04:35 AM
So with a cord like that you might as well just plop yourself down on the floor right in front of the tv.

Mirage
11-05-2016, 05:11 AM
They use the same connection that the Pro Controllers/nunchucks connect to the Wiimote. So if you want to make it longer, you have to buy a special (non-licensed) extension cord.

Awful. No purchase.

DMKA
11-09-2016, 02:13 AM
I've been playing NES games on my computer the last fifteen years or so.

It's hard for someone like me to see the purpose in this purchase.

theundeadhero
11-09-2016, 04:22 AM
I've been playing NES games on my NES for the past thirty years. No need to buy this.

Mirage
11-09-2016, 09:15 AM
The purpose would, of course, be to play games legally rather than just pirating them.

This is a dumb way to fulfill that purpose though. The games should just be on virtual console on the WiiU or NX instead.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-09-2016, 06:30 PM
The purpose would, of course, be to play games legally rather than just pirating them.

This is a dumb way to fulfill that purpose though. The games should just be on virtual console on the WiiU or NX instead.

Yeah, if this console had the ability to expand memory and accept other NES/SNES games through download it would be more appealing to me.

I mean, yes it'd still be silly, but it would have the nostalgic asthetic I like and be a little more usable than just 30 games.

DMKA
11-09-2016, 07:47 PM

Fair enough. But yeah, I already own a Wii U that could be used for that.

Colonel Angus
11-09-2016, 10:30 PM
I think you guys need to think about this as more of a collector's item.

I've also heard the Virtual Console games don't look as good as the ones on this.

Slothy
11-11-2016, 09:23 PM

Yeah, if this console had the ability to expand memory and accept other NES/SNES games through download it would be more appealing to me.

I mean, yes it'd still be silly, but it would have the nostalgic asthetic I like and be a little more usable than just 30 games.

I've honestly wondered about the viability of gutting one and using it for a raspberry pi emulator box or something similar. Sure, it'd make for an expensive case basically, but it'd be a more versatile one.

Depression Moon
11-11-2016, 11:29 PM
Which one of you bought this? (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Entertainment-System-NES-Classic-Edition-30-Games-Pre-Order-FREE-SHIP-/201715061265?hash=item2ef7279211:g:ThgAAOSw44BYJCNP&rmvSB=true)

Mirage
11-12-2016, 01:31 AM
I think you guys need to think about this as more of a collector's item.

I've also heard the Virtual Console games don't look as good as the ones on this.
That's solely a software issue. Both are connected over hdmi and have the capacity to reproduce the exact same colors and resolution. A software filter could be used in the virtual console to make the games look exactly as they do on the mini NES. The WiiU has internet connectivity and the ability to be updated automatically, so that's a non-issue.

Slothy
11-12-2016, 04:13 AM
Which one of you bought this? (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Entertainment-System-NES-Classic-Edition-30-Games-Pre-Order-FREE-SHIP-/201715061265?hash=item2ef7279211:g:ThgAAOSw44BYJCNP&rmvSB=true)

I don't think anyone in this site is that dumb. Or that rich.

Well, maybe Del is that rich, but he's not stupid. :D

Bubba
11-12-2016, 01:23 PM

I was drunk. I'm just working my way up to telling MissH.

Sephex
11-13-2016, 04:41 AM
I can't if I wanted to. They were not stocked properly at all where I live. My local GameStop apparently only had 10 available and about 30 people wanted them. Walmart didn't even get a shipment. Apparently it is like this everywhere. So, yeah, way to drop the ball like you did with Amiibos, Nintendo.

Slothy
11-13-2016, 02:43 PM
12 at a Walmart in my girlfriends hometown I guess. Her brother wanted to get one and they'd all been sold before the store even opened.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit of they're under producing just to make them seem more popular than they are and drive up interest.

Bubba
11-13-2016, 06:23 PM
It wouldn't surprise me one bit of they're under producing just to make them seem more popular than they are and drive up interest.

This has always been Nintendo's approach.

"No way! This thing sold out in less than two minutes!"

That's because there was only one in the shop and that was the time it took to ring it through the till.

Colonel Angus
11-14-2016, 12:49 AM
I can't if I wanted to. They were not stocked properly at all where I live. My local GameStop apparently only had 10 available and about 30 people wanted them. Walmart didn't even get a shipment. Apparently it is like this everywhere. So, yeah, way to drop the ball like you did with Amiibos, Nintendo.

Both Targets downtown didn't have them either, nor was there any type of display.

Mirage
11-14-2016, 02:58 PM
Boy am i glad I didn't plan on getting this.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Ah yes, the classic Nintendo false scarcity market plan.

I doubt we'd even get this thing if they didn't need some kind of console to remind people that Nintendo can make successful home consoles, after the WiiU has been such a flop. Something to whet appetites before the Switch drops and maybe make a little money.

Colonel Angus
11-14-2016, 10:25 PM
Target's ad for this week advertises the Classic Console. They might be getting some in.