PDA

View Full Version : Favorite board or card games

Scotty_ffgamer
11-08-2016, 02:00 AM
I just saw Pokemon monopoly today which reminded me of a game called Pokemon master trainer or something like that when I was a kid. Anyways, all of that got me thinking that it's been a long time since I've played any games and I've been itching to play some.

What are your favorites?

Karifean
11-08-2016, 02:17 AM
Ever since my family and I have been introduced to Tichu it's been our #1 game. It's so much fun.

Besides that our biggest classics are Die Siedler von Catan (Settlers of Catan) and Heimlich & Co.

Colonel Angus
11-08-2016, 02:42 AM
Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit are #1 for me.

Vermachtnis
11-08-2016, 06:10 AM
I like a good game of Apples and Oranges or the R Cards Against Humanity. I'm really good at anything that let's me pander to the audience.

I just saw Pokemon monopoly today which reminded me of a game called Pokemon master trainer or something like that when I was a kid. Anyways, all of that got me thinking that it's been a long time since I've played any games and I've been itching to play some.

What are your favorites?

Oh, I had that Pokemon Master Trainer game when I was kid too.

Wolf Kanno
11-08-2016, 06:25 PM

Fynn
11-08-2016, 06:40 PM
I actually had that Pokemon Monopoly back in the day!

Some of the most fun I've had was playing the Game of Thrones board game with my family (the first time my wife won, then I won, and interestingly, each of the times we won each one of us was playing Tyrell :p). I also really like Munchkin, however mean that game may be.

Ooh, and I think the coolest game we've ever played was this little card game one of our best friends bought on her trip to Italy for 1 euro - it's called Oriente and it's a small indie game that was so much more fun than anyone expected it to be.

Karifean
11-08-2016, 08:43 PM
I totally forgot about Secret Hitler and Werewolf which are probably my two favorite games, at least the former. Seriously if you're a fan of mafia or similar games you owe it to yourself to give Secret Hitler a try. It's so good.

Pumpkin
11-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Card games: Egyptian Ratscrew
Board games: Clue and Life

Freya
11-10-2016, 08:37 PM

What are your favorites?
Recently played the pokemon game. GREAT game.

krissy
11-11-2016, 12:21 AM
PANDEMIC
https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1534148.jpg

BETRAYAL AT HOUSE ON THE HILL
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/arts/gaming/2015/11/151105_GAME_Betrayal-on-House-on-the-Hill.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

THE RESISTANCE
https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1435202_md.jpg

DMKA
11-11-2016, 12:48 AM
https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1666722.jpg

NeoCracker
11-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Race to the Galaxy is a pretty fun one.

Seven Wonders also has a lot of great points.

Not to well versed in board/card games, but they are fun to bust out from time to time.

Pete for President
11-15-2016, 12:33 AM
Magic: the Gathering is my favourite by far ;D

Rez09
11-17-2016, 02:43 AM
HeroQuest and Key to the Kingdom were my favorite board games growing up, and I'm still quite partial to them -- the former especially, as it is simple enough to play with anyone and offers near infinite replayability, as you can easily create your own adventures using the framework and pieces provided. Too bad I didn't take particularly good care of either game growing up. ._. I also picked up Castle Ravenloft and Wrath of Ashardalon a few years back, and I like those quite a bit as well, though it is a bit harder to create reliable custom scenarios / stories with them due to their highly random nature. I also find a lot of people are hesitant to play them the first due to the DnD license (for whatever reason), which isn't a problem I ever had with HQ or KttK, but everyone seems to get over that quickly once they actually play the games. :) Of the more common board games, Monopoly is far and away my favorite, but generally only with certain house rules and auctions in effect to speed up the game.

Araciel
11-22-2016, 10:43 PM
far too many to name. suffice it to say i have a room lined with shelves stuffed to brimming with games... favourites we come back to again and again lately are sheriff of nottingham, the great dalmuti, vanilla catan, lords of waterdeep, sushi go party, roll for it, etc etc

of course oldies but goldies like poker and euchre and cribbage are always goin, even sometimes rummoli.

Gu-fu-fu
11-29-2016, 07:42 AM
Say Anything is pretty fun for the pandering aspect. I love Carcassonne and actually have the app (which is pretty great) as well as a Kanasta because I used to love playing it with my mom. Basically I lust after all the Tabletop games in general. Also,
Pumpkin

I totally forgot how to play it, but I loved that game muchly.

Lyndis Highwind
11-29-2016, 08:27 AM
Settlers of Catan is my favorite board game all around. I always enjoy playing it, even though I don't usually win.

Pumpkin
11-29-2016, 03:30 PM
Pumpkin

I mean, you get to slap people's hands, so yeah. Much fun

Depression Moon
11-29-2016, 04:14 PM
I don't think I've played a board game in years. My favorite card game shows my nerdiness; Yugioh.

Gu-fu-fu
11-29-2016, 04:33 PM
Pumpkin

I mean, you get to slap people's hands, so yeah. Much fun

He he, it is very "you want these cards? Mwah-ha-ha! Too bad!" in a great way.

FFNut
11-29-2016, 07:26 PM
I have been taking care of my niece and Nephew quite a bit lately (Age 5-7) and bought them the game of Life which they are hooked on. (I'm having a blast playing it too.) also have been playing with them Snakes and Ladders.

As as a kid I had a Ninja Turtles board game that I loved. Forget how to play it now, but it was my go to as a kid.

Now I like pictionary and trivial pursuit.

Also who doesn't like to have the odd game of Beer Pong!

Formalhaut
11-29-2016, 08:26 PM
I love board games, but I really don't get to play them often enough. I suppose my favourites are Clue/Cluedo, Monopoly (but only if allowed to play out) and Cards Against Humanity. I'm also a fan of Cheat.

Basically, I'm up for anything. I only wish I had like a weekly board game club to go to, I'd play them forever.

FFNut
11-29-2016, 08:38 PM
I forgot the best board game of all. RISK. Many great nights with friends having Alliances, and trying to take out everyone before being taken out yourself.