PDA

View Full Version : New XV demo releasing tomorrow (Japan only)

Noctis Caelum
11-10-2016, 09:51 AM
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/11/new-demo-japan-titled-final-fantasy-xv-judgement-disc/

During today’s Active Time Report, a new demo was announced for Japan players titled Final Fantasy XV: Judgement Disc available on November 11th.With Final Fantasy XV releasing in only a few weeks, this demo seems to serve as a way to “judge” the final product. The demo’s contents span from the beginning to half way through Chapter 1 of the game. Expected total playtime for this new demo will be around an hour and a half. While you won’t be able to carry your save from this demo over into the final game, players who complete the demo will be rewarded with a “special” video.
If you make a Japanese PSN account, you'll be able to download and play it. Not in English though, of course.

Fynn
11-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Now this one feels totally unnecessary

Karifean
11-10-2016, 10:05 AM
No kidding.

Sephiroth
11-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Damnit, I don't remember the password for my Japanese account. Hell I am not even sure which name and E-Mail I used.

Tyson
11-10-2016, 12:00 PM
I have a Japanese account but have no interest in downloading this. It's 19 days away, seems silly.

Wolf Kanno
11-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Now this one feels totally unnecessary

Agreed, don't see the point of playing the intro so I can wait two more weeks to play it again and the rest of the game. Course it looks like this demo is really meant for people still on the fence about picking up the game. I get the impression that the design for XV in general caters more towards Western tastes so Japan is turning into the harder sell.

DMKA
11-10-2016, 11:27 PM
The only reason I can think of them doing this is because console/PC/home gaming is at an all time low in Japan and they're hoping this will drum up some word of mouth from the people who play it, as the current number of PS4s and XB1s sold in Japan right now (and thus, the number of people there who are able to play FFXV) is staggeringly low.

Then again, the game would be able to do that on its own when it comes out, so you guys are still probably right about this being completely unnecessary. :p

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-11-2016, 02:01 AM
It is kinda ridiculous but yeah I am downloading it right now. So slow since the connection here is slower than my old place. :/

DMKA
11-11-2016, 04:29 AM
Oh, I wouldn't download it in a heartbeat if it were available in English.

Noctis Caelum
11-11-2016, 05:10 AM
13GB.

http://i.imgur.com/yhq1ej2.jpg

Noctis Caelum
11-11-2016, 05:12 AM
Also, looks like Iris is going to be a special party guest in the game. So... people wanting a female so badly, can finally rejoice, I guess.

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/FFXV-Jump-Scan_11-10-16.jpg

Noctis Caelum
11-12-2016, 12:42 AM
LOL. This glitch was amazing. My own video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlWW2eZJddU

DMKA
11-12-2016, 09:28 PM

So from playing the demo would you say glitches are common, and what do you think of the gameplay. Are battles fun?

Noctis Caelum
11-13-2016, 06:02 AM

So from playing the demo would you say glitches are common, and what do you think of the gameplay. Are battles fun?
It's the only glitch that I came across, although other people are reporting some other silly glitches. Combat is amazing. It's a bit complex at first, and I can see people getting frustrated with it. It's very different, but I think that's why it's so fun. We've never had a Final Fantasy with combat so unlocked and raw like this. Lightning Returns was sort of branching off from the ATB stuff, but it was still kind of limited to it as well.

I think it's incredible.

Magic actually feels POWERFUL. I cast Blizzaga without knowing, and it froze the entire pond that I was standing in, fighting a boss. It also froze the boss, as well as Noctis and Prompto who were the only ones alive. They were shivering and shaking from the cold. Everything about the game just feels so good. They really did a good job with the animations.

DMKA
11-13-2016, 01:45 PM
It's the only glitch that I came across, although other people are reporting some other silly glitches. Combat is amazing. It's a bit complex at first, and I can see people getting frustrated with it. It's very different, but I think that's why it's so fun. We've never had a Final Fantasy with combat so unlocked and raw like this. Lightning Returns was sort of branching off from the ATB stuff, but it was still kind of limited to it as well.

I think it's incredible.

Magic actually feels POWERFUL. I cast Blizzaga without knowing, and it froze the entire pond that I was standing in, fighting a boss. It also froze the boss, as well as Noctis and Prompto who were the only ones alive. They were shivering and shaking from the cold. Everything about the game just feels so good. They really did a good job with the animations.

That's very good to hear. :)

The one thing that has been my concern is getting used to the combat. I remember when I played Episode Duscae and the Platinum Demo I was just...so awful at it. :p