PDA

View Full Version : FF XV should run at close to 60fps....if you have the PS4 Pro

Tyson
11-10-2016, 10:19 PM
http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-aiming-60-fps-ps4-pro-4k-support-planned/

(http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-aiming-60-fps-ps4-pro-4k-support-planned/)
According to the director, they are aiming for two different modes for the game on the PS4 Pro, just like it was the case for Square Enix’s Rise of Tomb Raider. The first mode is native 1080p with unlocked frame rate that targets 60 fps. The second option is upscaled 4K using a rendering mode (e.g checkerboard rendering) with locked 30 fps.
The developers have managed to make the game run at 40 to 50 fps on the PS4 Pro in its current state. They have plans to release a patch in December that will further improve and stabilize the frame rate on PS4 Pro so it runs closer to 60 fps.

I know this was a point of contention for some people on here. I'm glad they are going about it the Tomb Raider way and giving an option between the two. (i personally would prefer the 4k upscale at 30 fps, never noticed fps too much)

DMKA
11-10-2016, 11:31 PM
This is the first news I've heard that gives me even a remote interest in purchasing a Pro.

Of course I don't have a 4K TV and have no plans to get one as of this moment, so I'd feel silly blowing $400 just so I can play FFXV at a higher framerate. :p

Mirage
11-11-2016, 12:46 AM
Fluid gameplay: only for PS4Pro customers.
So it begins.

Fox
11-11-2016, 02:33 AM
Glad to see games giving players the option of 4k or better framerate. I don't think it's a Sony requirement to do that - I guess if you're embracing more and more the concept of upgrading your hardware like a PC then it makes sense to more and more allow the performance options like a PC.

There's no way I'm ever getting a PS4 Pro, so I hope the standard game plays OK with its default framerate. I do prefer a nice smooth 60fps, but I've been playing console games for 20 odd years now. I know what to expect and I won't lament the lack of it as long as it's not stuttering everywhere.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-11-2016, 02:49 AM
The recap from the ATR that happened this morning/last night is that currently the game runs at 40-50fps at 2k. The goal is to have a patch sometime in December to bring it up to 60fps on 2k.

Tyson
11-11-2016, 04:54 AM
This is the first news I've heard that gives me even a remote interest in purchasing a Pro.

Of course I don't have a 4K TV and have no plans to get one as of this moment, so I'd feel silly blowing $400 just so I can play FFXV at a higher framerate. :p

As ashamed as I am to admit it, Final Fantasy XV drove me to sell my old tv and upgrade to a 4K one this month. Picked up my Pro yesterday as well.

I know it's silly, but my 14 year old self would never forgive me if I didn't play Versus XIII the best way possible haha.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-11-2016, 05:05 AM
I still just can't bring myself to buy the pro. I think if it had a 4k Blu ray drive I'd be more willing somewhat, but I feel like the benefits aren't enough to make it worth buying another ps4 for. Might be different if I can see it in action though. Who knows.

Tyson
11-11-2016, 03:08 PM
http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-judgment-disc-demo-ps4-pro-support-comparison-pics-show-huge-difference/

Turns out the new Japanese demo they released today has Pro support, gives a better idea for people who are on the fence......dat asphalt. I'm sure it's even more impressive on the big screen.

Noctis Caelum
11-11-2016, 04:20 PM
I see no difference in those terrible screenshots, lol.

Fynn
11-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Yeah, those do nothing for me, tbh

Aulayna
11-11-2016, 09:30 PM
At this rate I might just wait for the terrible, locked at 30 FPS, PC port.*

*this is purely anecdotal based on how terribly optimised the majority of FF ports to PC have been. Prove me wrong SE.

Mirage
11-12-2016, 02:02 AM
FF13-2 and 13-3 allowed 60fps!

Greater texture detail and and better filtering. Less aggressive LoD and details in the distance, more and better detailed foliage.

Fynn
11-12-2016, 10:34 PM
FF13-2 and 13-3 allowed 60fps!

Greater texture detail and and better filtering. Less aggressive LoD and details in the distance, more and better detailed foliage.

I mean, sure, why not? But that's honestly the last thing I'm looking forward to in the game. In any game, for that matter. Nor does 60fps do it for me anyway.

I get that some people may be excited about this, but I honestly couldn't care less if an already gorgeous game looks just slightly more gorgeous if I buy a more expensive system (and before you say it's not a slight difference, to me it totally is because I literally do not see a difference until someone points it out). And even if I did care more, buying a huge (or expensive) enough tv for this to make a difference is really, really low on my priority list