PDA

View Full Version : SUN AND MOON ARE ALMOST HERE!!!!

Fynn
11-17-2016, 03:23 PM
Guys, these are out tomorrow and all the reviews so far have been fantastic!

And I need to wait until Christmas! :whimper: my body is so ready, though! This is literally me right now

EvCDc9a6ZyM

Del Murder
11-17-2016, 06:41 PM
Yeah, reviews have been very positive. Seems like they changed it up so that it doesn't feel like the same old quest. I'm liking what I've read so far on the streamlining.

I'll probably get Sun because the lion looks cooler and also the time change thing would annoy me.

Fynn
11-17-2016, 06:44 PM
Yeah, reviews have been very positive. Seems like they changed it up so that it doesn't feel like the same old quest. I'm liking what I've read so far on the streamlining.

I'll probably get Sun because the lion looks cooler and also the time change thing would annoy me.

SAME

#teamsun #teamincineroar

Pumpkin
11-17-2016, 06:46 PM
What time change thing?

Fynn
11-17-2016, 06:48 PM
Sun runs on regular time, Moon has it in reverse, so if it's day in real time, it's night in Moon. And vice versa

Pumpkin
11-17-2016, 06:49 PM
Oh oki oki.

I do want Moon though

Galuf
11-17-2016, 10:04 PM
Stop being fast americans.

qwertysaur
11-18-2016, 03:04 AM
So excited to get this tomorrow. I've been good and not spoiled anything for myself other then the trailers. I think the Aether foundation is the real villains of this game though. I just don't trust them, they feel too sterile for the region and they just clash.

Night Fury
11-18-2016, 06:15 AM
It's out today here.

I really want it, and I would buy it today but I honestly just can't justify spending that much money right now on a game.

Bubba
11-18-2016, 04:07 PM
I really enjoyed X & Y but I haven't boarded the hype train with this one at all. I'll probably wait until Pokemon Blonde/Brunette is released in 2018.

Hope you all enjoy this one though!

Fynn
11-18-2016, 04:09 PM
I really enjoyed X & Y but I haven't boarded the hype train with this one at all. I'll probably wait until Pokemon Blonde/Brunette is released in 2018.

Hope you all enjoy this one though!

It's kind of funny how your opinion is completely opposite to mine because I was quite underwhelmed by gen 6 and this looks like it fixes a lot of the issues I had with it!

Different strokes, and I hope you jump right back on the hype train with the next gen ;)

BreakfastGrilledCheese
11-21-2016, 09:45 PM
I grew up with Pokemon watching the show and collecting the Burger King Toys and the Pokedex Books. I've never played the games. (Go doesn't feel like it should count, though I'm still in love with that app.)

So, my hubby and his friends are starting a podcast and were recording when one of the dudes kept going on and on about how good this game felt to play and how it felt nostalgic but new and praise praise praise. I just couldn't handle listening to the hype. I went out and bought it immediately. Go Team Moon!

Pros: I love it.
Cons: I have finals in a week.
Pros: ROWLET!
Cons: I still have finals in a week.

Sun runs on regular time, Moon has it in reverse, so if it's day in real time, it's night in Moon. And vice versa

OH! I was wondering why it was suddenly nighttime when I picked it up to play this morning. I was super confused.

Ultima Shadow
11-27-2016, 06:04 PM
I haven't finished the game yet, but... I can already say that I think Sun/Moon are the best pokemon games made so far. And the plot is certainly the most interesting, by a far shot.

Really, really loving this game.

qwertysaur
11-28-2016, 04:11 AM
I may have accidentally beat totem raticate in one shot. Oops. :p

NeoCracker
11-29-2016, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE=Bubba;3640979]And the plot is certainly the most interesting, by a far shot.

...That is a really, really low bar if this game wins that accolade. :p

(I do still dig the game.)

Aerith's Knight
12-02-2016, 07:24 PM
3DS is a little expensive, but I don't trust that 2DS. What to do, what to do..

Fynn
12-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Go all out and buy a New 3DS :p

Aerith's Knight
12-02-2016, 07:57 PM
That's like 230 euros. Bloody expensive. I've gotten too old, and consoles seem too expensive now.

Even though I bought my first one on a 15 year old's salary at the same price more than a decade ago.

Pumpkin
12-02-2016, 10:13 PM
I have a 2DS and it works well for me. What is it about it that you don't trust?

Night Fury
12-03-2016, 04:18 AM
3DS is expensive but well worth it as a console imo.

Pheesh was kind enough to buy me this for our anniversary today so I've been playing it! Caught a Ledyba and a Slowpoke so far!

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2016, 09:50 AM
I have a 2DS and it works well for me. What is it about it that you don't trust?

It talks about pre-installed (so no other games?), and it looks unwieldly. Is it really the same as a 3DS without the 3D? Because it sounds too good to be true.

And then it usually is.

Fynn
12-03-2016, 10:16 AM
It's pretty much the same. It just doesn't come in XL, so the screens are only as small as those of a regular 3DS

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2016, 10:21 AM
And it doesn't fold, right? Does it still fit in the hand well?

Because the way you describe it, I might buy it in the Sinterklaas sale today.

Fynn
12-03-2016, 10:27 AM
I never had one, so I can't really say, but I've heard it's surprisingly comfortable

I, however, need a 3DS XL so that it can fit into my huge man-hands

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2016, 02:08 PM
This just goes to show how much has changed.

So I shell out 230 euros for a bloody XL + pokemon moon (because sun was sold out, but meh, I have a dayjob anyway).

Then the woman gleefully says: "Charger is not included, it's over there, 14 euros."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That's 50 cents worth of components and 10 cents of plastic, and they're trying to make it seem like this is a bargain? That they decreased the price for those who already had one? Bloody hell. $$$$$, and screw people.

Pumpkin
12-03-2016, 02:45 PM
I find the 2DS pretty comfortable, honestly, and it's sturdy as all get out. It is pretty much the same as the 3DS, but it doesn't play the "new 3DS" games, I don't think. I have no complaints about it.

But it's a bit late for that now :p Sorry about the charger not included, that seems super odd to me. Hopefully you enjoy your new system and new game!

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2016, 02:50 PM
The game seems fine, though the screen looks really low res. I've not seen 240p in games since before 2000. Weird.

edit: I got used to it.

I got a lillith, which I called Litty. Cause it's a cute kitty.