PDA

View Full Version : Skyblade Nuzlockes Pokemon Sun

Skyblade
11-18-2016, 11:59 AM
That's right, Pokémon Sun/Moon are out, and I am celebrating with a (mostly) blind Nuzlocke of Sun.

The first video is up, and the second recorded. I'm going to try to keep them to about thirty minutes apiece, and hopefully coming out regularly once a day.

They are a bit slow as I explore everywhere and talk to everyone, but I hope that you guys enjoy them.

uIpDckl3VPk

Edit:
For those unfamiliar with Nuzlockes, the rules are as follows:
1. You can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter on each route/area. If it runs away or you KO it, you don't get an encounter there.
2. If a Pokemon faints, you cannot use it again, as it is considered "dead".
3. You must nickname every Pokemon.

Jinx
11-18-2016, 02:03 PM
I'll probably watch this, but once I get a bit into the game, myself. I hear that S&M is actually pretty story heavy, so I don't want to spoil myself. :)

Bubba
11-18-2016, 02:07 PM
I think I'm gonna give this generation a miss so I'll probably watch this!

Night Fury
11-18-2016, 02:09 PM
Skyblade this is amazing and I love your narration! It's great to hear your voice haha! I want this game SO much now though :(

Fynn
11-18-2016, 02:20 PM
Still avoiding spoilers until I can play the game, but I'll make sure to watch this once I'm done! It's great that you're doing this. I don;'t think I could ever bring myself to Nuzlocking on a first playthrough.

Skyblade
11-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Well, I'm glad you guys are appreciative of it. Wasn't expecting a reaction this positive. Listening to it, it's clear that my game audio is too loud. Overwhelming my voice, at least early on. I'll have to adjust that (though it won't take effect until after the second episode, since that one is already recorded).

Glad you guys are looking forward to this, and I am going to try to keep it as regular as I can.

Please, feel free to offer criticism or input. As well as Likes. :D

Pumpkin
11-18-2016, 05:30 PM
I'll be watching this soon, just wanted to see I'm glad you're doing this! I'm not going to be able to get the new Pokemon for a little bit and I'm not really adverse to Pokemon spoilers (I play for the cute Pokemans only) so this way I can see what kind of Pokemon I can expect and such.

Fynn
11-18-2016, 06:47 PM
Watched some non-spoilers bits. You have a very pleasant-sounding voice! :D

Have you decided which starter you're going with yet? Did big softy Incineroar win you over? :p

Mirage
11-18-2016, 08:33 PM
so i guess this is the s&m generation huh.

Skyblade
11-19-2016, 05:36 AM
Episode 2 is up.

egovqYCQwN4

I hope you guys are still enjoying this. If I get enough episodes prerecorded, I might start tossing them out faster as people get further and further ahead.

Skyblade
11-19-2016, 03:54 PM
And, it's time for Episode 3. This is going to be about the time I'm going to try to upload the daily videos. Though, again, if I wind up pushing them further, that will be off as well.

Eoge2XPs5W8

Pumpkin
11-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Litten would be my last choice personally, but they're all super cute

Also the new Lasses are presh

Skyblade
11-20-2016, 04:46 PM
_n8LFF25cZM

For those watching: Am I taking too long or going too slow? I feel like there is not much progress made each time, and I'm wondering if I should skip the exploration and talking to all the NPCs, and just push for progress ASAP.

Skyblade
11-21-2016, 04:27 PM
aqOgGfP_HBc

New clothes!

I hope you guys are still watching and enjoying. I mean, in the last episode, I nearly lost a Pokémon to a Metapod! You don't get quality entertainment like that from any other gamer. :)

Fynn
11-21-2016, 04:31 PM
UGH, I so wish I could be watching this, but I'm avoiding spoilers! I'm cheering you on, though! :plumcheer:

Pumpkin
11-21-2016, 04:57 PM
Sorry, I'm a busy bee. I think the pacing in video is pretty good, no complaints there. I still need to watch episodes 3 and 4 though

Freya
11-21-2016, 09:06 PM
You're doing a nuzlocke for SUN?! Are you crazy! It just came out ahhhhh

Skyblade
11-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Another episode complete.

xDlR8p2ZfCI

My work week ends tomorrow, so I should get to record some more, yay!

Skyblade
11-23-2016, 11:41 PM
ELoYmR2pccw

Sorry this one was slow. Next one will likely be slow as well. After that, should go back to usual.

Bubba
11-24-2016, 10:53 PM
Man, I'm so behind on this. Catching up now!

Skyblade
11-26-2016, 05:17 PM
Sorry for the lost days! Between Thanksgiving and some family stuff, I wound up losing my recording time for this past week. I'll try to get back up to snuff, though we may wind up with a few shortened episodes since I'm moving into my work week, if I can get them in at all.

EaxUyKXwMe4

Formalhaut
11-26-2016, 09:17 PM
This looks exciting! I'll try and catch up and make observations.

Skyblade
11-27-2016, 06:08 PM
First trial, first Totem Pokémon, first casualty.

LmdQGf4iDcM

I didn't play that ideally by any stretch. But, at least I can get a couple of new encounters?

Skyblade
11-28-2016, 06:41 PM
2ZW9iRo5VnE

Not the easiest Pokémon game...

Bubba
11-28-2016, 10:39 PM
This is my current nightly bedtime watch. You can keep your box sets! Thoroughly enjoying this. Your commentary is great :D

Galuf
11-29-2016, 10:25 AM
Im no gonna be watchimg cos spoilers but I can start today and I think ill do a nuzloke too. Thanks sir skyblade. (Also I will watch when im done lol) goodluck.

Skyblade
11-29-2016, 05:55 PM
This is my current nightly bedtime watch. You can keep your box sets! Thoroughly enjoying this. Your commentary is great :D

Sorry to disappoint, but I have no opportunity to record today. It's the last day of my work week, so I should be able to start bulk recordings again tomorrow, but I just have to prioritize sleep and staying in good shape for work. Sorry. :(

Bubba
11-29-2016, 07:20 PM
Don't apologise, man! They're coming plenty regular!

I have a busy life so I've only just started episode 4 :D

Bubba
12-03-2016, 01:49 AM
Motoring on with chapter five!

Motoring is probably the wrong word... I'm getting there though. Very close call against that Metapod in C4!

Skyblade
12-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Hey, I got an episode up! Mostly... A little short, but I'm just going to try to keep them coming.
Uo4e58TO0e0

Man, this week has just been insane.

Galuf
12-06-2016, 12:29 AM
Time tae watch a wee bit o skybladeor I would if my phone wasnt a wee *****. I tried looking for your channel on the youtube app. But idk what your name is lol.uhh ill figure it out maybe

Bubba
12-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Time tae watch a wee bit o skybladeor I would if my phone wasnt a wee *****. I tried looking for your channel on the youtube app. But idk what your name is lol.uhh ill figure it out maybe

It's been excellent, Galuf. I'm on episode 7 at the minute. I wasn't clear on the Nuzlocke rules before watching but man... so challenging!

Skyblade
12-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Well, I'm still a lot slower than I would like. But, on the plus side, still remaining unspoiled. Got through the very last part of the game I have foreknowledge of, which is pretty hype.

Two videos done. Nowhere near as much bulk as I wanted. But I'll have one up today, and one up tomorrow. And I think I've worked out a way to get them more throughout the week. Maybe. Working on it, anyway.

Hope you guys are still interested.

xFKLOpI30TE

Skyblade
12-11-2016, 04:48 PM
cdsVHijMxOA

Next episode!

Bubba
12-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Currently on episode nine so it's good to have some waiting in the wings!

Galuf
12-12-2016, 12:11 AM
I will watch more tonight but its pretty good. Glad you chose litten. Inceniroar has a funny z move lol

also I like voice overs cos its what I do on games when im alone xD

Skyblade
12-13-2016, 06:28 PM
Got another one up. Barely.

Very talky episode, with a guest appearance by my favorite Pokémon!

b8YJjH6Vi7s

Skyblade
12-18-2016, 05:59 PM
New teammate!
3tHVosfi2Xs

Bubba
12-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Keep em coming! :D

Skyblade
12-24-2016, 04:37 PM
One a week was much slower than I was hoping. :ohdear:

HdTTMG8IPfM

This is likely my last one before the new year. But I'm trying.

Skyblade
01-07-2017, 10:54 PM
dfigQK-Qw_s

Sorry I missed last week. Going to try to get another out this week. I want to keep the schedule up, it's too easy to miss making an episode, especially with how much is going on.

Skyblade
01-08-2017, 06:48 AM
After reviewing my most recent couple of episodes, I'm concerned that my quality is dropping again. Between repeated info and a lack of filler talk for the less engaging zones, it's just not as interesting as when it started. I need to get to a more stable recording situation so I'm not as rushed when creating them. I'm thinking that I should probably cancel this one, rather than drag it out further, as it will likely be a little over a month before I'm back to full productivity. So, I'll try to plan my next episode a little better, but if I'm unhappy with it as well, I may end this LP.

Skyblade
01-17-2017, 06:03 PM
EwzXCNajl74

Not terrible, but I can see why speed up (either in an emulator or editing) is so popular. It can take forever to get through content. I'm a bit happier with how I did, but I need to get to a more comfortable place with my run, stop taking the long breaks that make me forget my team and such. And get the story moving to a more interesting spot. I feel like there's a lot there, lurking beneath the surface, but it's not revealing itself quickly.

Sorry if you get in before the video finishes processing. I have to go to bed now, and I'm uploading immediately after recording. >.<

Yar
01-19-2017, 04:02 PM
Team Skull makes me uncomfortable.

Skyblade
01-19-2017, 05:54 PM

The Team in general? Or just Grunt A and B, who are all we've seen of them so far?

Anyway, I did manage to get another episode up, yay! Happier with this one. I think keeping it steadier helps me with the quality. Plus, more action in this one.

vka6Ix_f8DU

Again, apologies if it takes a while to upload. Though I will auto-publish it this time. >.<

Yar
01-19-2017, 06:21 PM

The Team in general? Or just Grunt A and B, who are all we've seen of them so far?

idk all the members who throw their hands around and act like pathetic white kids that listen to too much rap music.

Skyblade
01-22-2017, 04:38 PM
1vplYdut9KI

The juxtaposition of that face and that line... Awesome.

Anyway, I'm really going to try to keep these coming as much as I can, but I feel like I have a long way to go. I was hoping to start up Breath of the Wild as it releases, if I could get my Switch set up to record. But it'll depend on how big this game is.

Bubba
01-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Yey! I can catch up with this now I'm back :D

Formalhaut
02-01-2017, 12:20 AM
I promised myself I will get around to this series at some point, and I am now. Just watched Episode One. I really like it! You have a nice, relaxed voice, but I also like your aside commentary; some of the reactions are amusing!

You also have a broad emotional range when you're voicing characters, which is amusing as you attempt to keep each voice-over consistent with previous attempts. I'm sure Kukui had like two or three similar-but-different voices. That's actually not a critique, I think it's rather charming! :)

Talking about Kukui: ugh, I dislike the guy already. He uses yeah way too often. And I'm sorry, no-one should wear a lab coat over a bare chest. I'm not sure how ripped you are underneath, the lab coat is for your own protection, dammit! :p

I'm currently watching Episode Two now. Sorry it took so long for me to start watching these!

Skyblade
02-01-2017, 05:56 AM
I need to go back and relisten to my previous episodes to get a feel for voices I gave characters before I go on again.

Will try to get one more up before the move, but no promises. After I'm settled, should start coming with much more regularity.

Formalhaut
02-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Caught up to the bit just after the first Totem. You got hit with serious bad luck. That one flinch basically cost you three pokemon. Which is... ouch.

The game does seem harder than the others. I watched the episode with the Diglett summoning another Diglett and I was surprised you didn't flee sooner; that battle was going nowhere fast.

Skyblade
02-28-2017, 04:13 PM
2HfHRZkmyN8
fhIxzL-CX3U
wqbarafx2QU
H35CPTjCx0Y
fMT9UyTVtEQ
GalNQvek4uI

Managing to make some speedier progress, but I don't think I'll finish before Breath of the Wild releases. That may slow the schedule somewhat (though maybe you guys will like that LP more), but I will try to finish this in as timely a manner as I can.

Also, I'm aware that the commentary is not as entertaining as it could be, and I'm working to get more conversation topics planned to keep things interesting.

Formalhaut
02-28-2017, 04:28 PM
I think I was like... episode 15 or something. I'll have to check back through the thread and see where I was.

Galuf
02-28-2017, 06:29 PM
Ep 23 thumbnail is awesome. its basically whitneys miltank unleashed upon the land. enraged and unstoppable

Its weird everyone finds the totem lurantis hard, and i did it first try it was pish even if i started with litten i wasnt even using him most of the time. it was s o easy i was waiting for it to summon more enemies but it muste got bored cos i only got to fgight 3 or something.

Formalhaut
02-28-2017, 06:36 PM
Ep 23 thumbnail is awesome. its basically whitneys miltank unleashed upon the land. enraged and unstoppable

Dear God don't get me started on Whitney's smurfing miltank in Gen. II.

Bloody Rollout.

Galuf
02-28-2017, 07:56 PM

Dear God don't get me started on Whitney's smurfing miltank in Gen. II.

Bloody Rollout.

Even now. I Shudder at the thought of poor cynda's demis to the fiend. We must stop all miltanks before they reach the homeland of sinnoh.or maybe even the great arceus will fail to quench its thirst for power.

Bubba
02-28-2017, 08:12 PM
I think I'm at a similar point to Formy. Looking forward to the new episodes!

Skyblade
04-29-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm sorry, everyone. Life has just really sucked lately. I'm actually really surprised I got this done before my work week started.

There's always so much to do. I don't like working on projects while I have chores or other productive activities looming over my head, but I just wind up putting everything off and getting nothing done while I'm in a rut of depression.

gBbeUqNHrBA

Quality is pretty terrible, since I'm settling back in after a couple months without this. So sorry. Not a lot of plot done either. But I'll keep going. Maybe it'll help some.

Bubba
05-02-2017, 04:29 PM
No worries, man. I still need to catch up with this anyway. Hope you're feeling better soon :manhug: