PDA

View Full Version : Square-Enix Japan begins pre-orders for the Final Fantasy XV Ultimania Books.

Wolf Kanno
11-21-2016, 07:10 PM
That's right, "books". The Ultimania has been split into two books, one detailing the scenario and world while the other deals with the battle system. Together, they come to 1,360 pages, making them one of the beefiest Ultimania's to be released for any single entry in the series.

Final Fantasy XV: Scenario Side Contents

Section 1: Characters and World
Section 2: Guidance
Section 3: Scenario
Section 4: Sub-Quests
Section 5: Regalia
Section 6: Skills
Section 7: Mini-Games

Also includes interviews with Tabata and the Art Team, as well as a Q&A session with the development team.

Final Fantasy XV: Battle and Map Side Contents

Section 1: Battle Character
Section 2: Battle System
Section 3: Items
Section 4: Subjugation Requests
Section 5: Sealed Doors
Section 6: Enemies
Section 7: Maps

Book also contains a section on Trophies/Achievements, interview with battle design team, Q&A session with the developers, and setting images.

Both books also contain a poster each. Together they are worth 3,672 yen and will be available December 28th 2016.

Aulayna
11-21-2016, 10:55 PM
I hope this one gets an official English release. Ultimania's are one of the last remaining bastions of JP-only merch that needs a Western-localised release.

Loony BoB
11-23-2016, 02:08 PM
Indeed. I think Encyclopedia Eorzea's instant day one sellout of the initial batch of NA & EU books speaks volumes to how much the FF community would like this kind of thing.

Still, until then, I'll be satisfied with my Piggyback official guide. It'll do.