PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Your Current Self

Loony BoB
11-23-2016, 02:58 PM
So, I don't have any serious intention to ever get a tattoo. It's just not my thing. But whenever I see them online I love to admire the artwork. It makes me wonder what I would get if I were a tattoo kind of person. What about you? If you were to tattoo yourself in some kind of way that would reflect who you are right now, what imagery / words would you get, where, and why?

[link - it's the chocobo image on this page with the yellow and black background, and apparently FFXIV Lodestone actually has layers of images on top of each other so I can't simply copy/paste the image url] (http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9237305048201953789/)
Fat Chocobos Free Company Emblem - This is the Free Company that I nurtured through to being the top FC on my server and I couldn't say enough to praise how wonderful they have been over the years. We're a family, we work hard for each other, and the atmosphere is excellent most of the time (like with any family, there are meh times on occasion). I'd probably get this on my upper arm, like an insignia on the sleeve of a soldier.

http://www.aiyon.com/forums/images/misc/banner.jpg
Aiyon symbol - That's the symbol on the right, not the word 'Aiyon'. Aiyon is a world I created from nothing in high school. I have two books full of information about this world, the characters, the history, the races, the mythology, the whole shebang. I love it to bits. I'll never finish it, but I'm more than content with this symbol that Nait created back in the day for it. Although not Nait's original intent, the symbol is more than just a neat look, it has a dragon-like look to it for me and that captures everything I love about the world. If I got this anywhere it'd probably be on the back of my neck, or just a little lower, at the top of my back.

Jaguar - I love jaguars. I don't know what kinda image I'd get for this tattoo though. Tricky to think up something that really 'nails it' and that is suited towards a tattoo.

http://i.imgur.com/uRoNKZw.jpg
FFVII Logo - If I were to get a tattoo to cover my love of the FF series, it would proooobably be this one. No idea where I'd put it though. I'd probably also consider a FFVII sleeve made up of various imagery/characters/monsters from the series, too.

theundeadhero
11-23-2016, 04:24 PM
If I ever felt like it I would finish my monster band around my left arm. I have the zombie guitarist, but I would get Frankenstein as my bassist, an octopus drummer, and a mummy singer. I don't think I'll ever get around to it, but it would be cool.

Freya
11-23-2016, 08:14 PM
I really like the watercolor tattoos. If I was to get one I'd try to get a watercolor otter. Because I like otters a whole lot.

Something like this I guess
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0a/7e/d5/0a7ed500f3657bc85e7acad09efaca0f.jpg

Fynn
11-23-2016, 08:20 PM
I keep reading the title of this topic as "tattoo your current staff"

Rantz
11-23-2016, 09:25 PM
I'm kinda the other way around. I'd love to sport a tattoo but I'm super indecisive about what of.

jenovajunkie
11-24-2016, 03:40 AM
A tattoo thread, hmm well I have 5; and I'm currently trying to find the right time to get my 6th. I actually have ideas for number 7 already.

I'd like to get many tattoos, but I just don't have the time right now to sit down and come up with the ones that mean the most to me. Here's one I definitely would get!

If anyone was to get a tattoo, there are a lot of things to consider. The quality, cost, and artist. I have been very fortunate to have wonderful artists do my work, kind of.

Mod edit: Just as a heads up, it's best to put images like that behind spoiler tags (which is what I've done here) or even better, link to them. Some people do read EoFF at work! Thank you! ~Psychotic

Pheesh
11-24-2016, 04:03 PM
I'm currently on the wait list for Ondrash Tattoo. I was told it would be up to a 3 year wait when I first got on and it's been about 1 year and 2 months now so I'm just biding my time with that one. I also know exactly what I'll be getting from him because when making a booking with Ondrash you have to give him your idea for a tattoo and he'll only get back to you if he likes it. So I'll be getting a female figure on my chest done in Ondrash's sketch...esque...style? (don't know how you would describe it so nsfw-ish example (http://www.ondrash.com/pictures/ink/13.jpg)) She'll be sitting, curled up, wearing a set of can style headphones with the cord from the headphones running up to my shoulder and then exploding into watercolour splashes down my upper arm, kinda like this (http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/colorful-art-watercolor-tattoo-ondrash-ondrej-konupcik-37.jpg). I've wanted that exact tattoo for about 6 years now, ever since I first saw Ondrash's work back in the day, so I'm incredibly excited for when it finally happens.

Aside from that I flirt with the idea of other tattoo designs, but I'm extremely picky so it takes something either incredibly meaningful or awesome looking to make me say "yeah, I want that on me forever." I have always liked the idea of getting a stave spiraling down my arm with a piece of music I particularly enjoy on it, but it'd be too hard to pick just one, so that probably won't happen.

Bubba
11-24-2016, 04:08 PM
I like otters a whole lot.

Gu-fu-fu
11-29-2016, 07:07 AM
Okay, so I have been thinking a lot about getting a tattoo for the last few years after never seeing myself getting one before. I have a few ideas, but I am still researching awesome tattoo artist thanks to a fic I read that had tons of links to amazing, amazing work.

So, my first idea was to get a few lines from the Spyair song "Beautiful" I love. The ones I am thining of translate to "You love the parts of me I hate...Ino longer fear other people's opinions nor do I doubt myself...things I can't easily throw away now reside inside me". I wanted to do it in the original Japanese (I speak a bit and am learning more) and get them calligraphy-ed out by one of my best friend's who is Japanese. But then I thought about how tattoos in Japan are really looked down on because of the fact that they literally used to tattoo criminals' forheads, and got all worried about cultural appropriation.

Another idea is to get a wing above each hip, around my sides, inspired by the art from CLAMP's Clover manga. So one side would be a single wing in this style 71067 and the other something like 71068, but not with holes and with more emphasis on the draping beads. Maybe something like this style 71069 (but around the black wing).

But then I also just really want to be tattooed by an artist who really is an artist, and I have not picked one yet, especially considering I am on the wait list to be on the wait list for a few. I would most love to be tattooes by Amanda Wachob, Micah Riot, supakitsch, or Arlin FFrench, at least so far. They are all amazing and I could fill pages with my favorites. So I'll limit myself to a few Amanda Wachob works. But yeah, Pheesh and Freya, I think we have similar tastes. And Ondrash looks amazing! 71070710717107271073

jenovajunkie
11-29-2016, 08:05 AM
I have soooo many tattoos on the go, at least in my head. I need one that depicts the existential link between life, creation and death. I was thinking about Aliens, but in Prometheus they have the white serpent thing. But then I was thinking about the black bile stuff that "David" (the Robot) puts in that dude's drink. I also want to get this American Traditional tattoo of Navi from Zelda OOT.

I'm still think I got my pirate ship tattoo figured out, but I have this research paper that I may start over again. Crap it's due in 2 weeks too.

Sephex
11-29-2016, 08:29 AM
I sort of debate if I want a tattoo or not from time to time, but then I fear something like this will happen:

http://i.imgur.com/svDQJx2.jpg

EDIT: Wait, I'll just get a tattoo of this! Problem solved!

Pheesh
11-29-2016, 09:04 AM
I sort of debate if I want a tattoo or not from time to time, but then I fear something like this will happen:

inb4 that comedian shoots up a school or something.

Sephex
11-29-2016, 09:42 AM

inb4 that comedian shoots up a school or something.

FOILED AGAIN!!!

Pike
11-29-2016, 01:13 PM
I have a ton of tattoo ideas but for some reason I'm put off by the idea of ever actually getting one? I think the process scares me.

First would be something Elder Scrolls related. I'd want a picture of the Morrowind moon and star Nerevarine symbol and it would say "Nerevar Guide Me" in the traditional TES font.

Next would be Warcraft related. I'd want a picture of a phoenix clutching an arrow in its talons with the words "In Defense of Quel'Thalas".

My third one would be Dragon Age related but I'm not actually 100% sure on what it would be. I think it would be related to either elves ("And Never Again Will We Submit") or to Anders because everyone hates him but I don't give a flying frickety-frack. Alternatively maybe related to the Grey Wardens, I dunno.

Cell
12-01-2016, 02:55 PM
I've got four, want more, can't afford them yet but have an idea for a Warhammer Khrone symbol or something. Sad, but I played Chaos Marine for ten years.

Christmas
12-03-2016, 04:45 AM
I just posted here without reading wtf the thread starter wrote. :bigsmile:

Anyway, having pictures on your body is great. :bigsmile:

Especially having an erotic picture on your body enables you to jerk off every now and then. :bigsmile:

jenovajunkie
12-04-2016, 05:27 AM
Are you secretly in love with Tove Lo? In support of feminism she tattooed female anatomy on her self. I read it on Tattoodo.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-04-2016, 03:46 PM
If I ever felt like it I would finish my monster band around my left arm. I have the zombie guitarist, but I would get Frankenstein as my bassist, an octopus drummer, and a mummy singer. I don't think I'll ever get around to it, but it would be cool.

This sounds totes awesome. Especially that octopus. I'd hope it has like, four drumsets all around it.

I really like the watercolor tattoos. If I was to get one I'd try to get a watercolor otter. Because I like otters a whole lot.

Something like this I guess
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0a/7e/d5/0a7ed500f3657bc85e7acad09efaca0f.jpg

I love these watercolor ones.

What about you? If you were to tattoo yourself in some kind of way that would reflect who you are right now, what imagery / words would you get, where, and why?

I already have tattoos, and each of them represent a certain time in my life.

On my left shoulder I have a Monster Energy claw logo. This was my first one and I got it not long after joining the Marines. It was basically to commemorate the time I spent with my small group of friends in high school. We called ourselves MCVW (Monster Club Vancouer Washington) because we thought it was cool. We'd spend Friday and Saturday nights after our wrestling tournaments driving all around southwest Washington and northwest Oregon. We drank unhealthy amounts of energy drinks to keep us up.
I want to cover this tattoo up now. Not because it looks dumb (it does though), or because I am ashamed of a dumb tattoo (I'm not. I'd get it again). I just have future plans for a sleeve on that arm and it doesn't mesh with the claw.

On my right shoulder I have a celtic tri-knot with the words "Gra, Dilseacht, Cairdeas" (which translate into "Love, Loyalty, Friendship") surrounding it and my sisters initials at each point of the knot. This is a homage to both part of my heritage (Irish) and to the love of my sisters. This one is noticably imperfect. I had drawn it up for the tattoo artist to give him an idea of what I wanted, and instead of making it even and smooth, he just traced what I'd done and tattoo'd that. In the end I love it even more for it. It is very much MY tattoo.

My third tattoo is a dragon wrapped up and protecting a skeleton key. It is placed over my heart. This one is a direct response to a tattoo my exwife had. She had a heart shaped lock over her heart. We came up with the ideas together so we could have matching tattoos without have each others names. Obviously at the time we were very in love and wanted something that always connected us. I still like it. I think I might get it touched up soon, maybe have some color added into it.

I have a few other tattoos planned, but I haven't gotten around to getting them. Some I've had planned for nearly 6 years.

I want my left arm to be a sleeve that is based around the ocean and its creatures.
I've got it planned to go from a ship on stormy seas at the top all the way down to an angler fish in the dark near my wrist. This one is all about how connected I feel to the ocean and being in the water.

On my right stomach/chest/upper thigh I want a crow or raven sitting on a sword that is stabbed into my upper thigh. In some mythologies ravens are directly connected with the realm of death (I'm a bit of a folklore nerd). I want the sword to have "For Those Lost" etched into it and maybe a pair of blank dog tags hanging down from the handle. I haven't lost a lot of friends in my time in the military, but I've still lost some. This one is partly for them.

I also want a quote tattoo. It would go below my dragon and by in typewriter script. The problem is there are too many good things to be said and I don't want to overdo word tattoos.

BUT! If I were to get a tattoo to represent me and where I am in my life right now. I've actually already thought about this and have come down to two ideas that are nearly the same. Either a nose or a paw print from my dogs. I'd get one on each calf.

jenovajunkie
12-10-2016, 05:33 AM
I'm going to get a tattoo soon, it's going to be a pirate ship. Soon!

Aulayna
12-10-2016, 12:17 PM
I probably would never get a tattoo, it's never something I've really considered and my interests have changed at several points over the years. I can't really think of anything I'd like to have permanently marked on my skin. Maybe the year my Grandad was born and the year he died.

Mirage
12-10-2016, 12:44 PM
I'd get a tattoo of Windurst's nation crest if didn't make me look like an ultra-environmentalist.

jenovajunkie
12-10-2016, 10:14 PM
I'd get a tattoo of Windurst's nation crest if didn't make me look like an ultra-environmentalist.

Man, you hippie. :lol: I'd get it anyways, if you like it.