PDA

View Full Version : How many of my 5 wishes will be granted for FF XVI?

Jarvio
12-01-2016, 01:14 AM
1 - A normal level-up system (Level up by numbers after gaining exp from battles, like from FFIV-IX)
2 - ATB gauge in battles (Like from FFIV-IX) or turn-based in general (either is good)
3 - World Map
4 - Nobuo Uematsu (spelling?) doing the music
5 - A large cast of playable characters (about 8-15), including both male and female

Fynn
12-01-2016, 05:33 AM
I can get behind most but replace the music thing with having Ito on board. Uematsu is good, but other composers have already proven themselves more than worthy (especially Shimomura with her breathtaking FFXV soundtrack), while Hiroyuki Ito is actually responsible for all of the great stuff that we love about FF, like the friggin ATB system, and he's been missing somewhere for so long. Please come back, Ito!

Mirage
12-01-2016, 10:25 AM
You won't get a world map. You won't get Uematsu. You won't get 8+ characters because voice acting costs too much.

Fynn
12-01-2016, 10:46 AM
At least Dragon Quest still does world maps! :p

Also, Uematsu is very much possible nowadays. It seems any hard feeling that were betwen him and SE are gone, so it all comes down to whether they'll hire him or not, which he has done on occassion (with the original release of XIV, for example). Heck, most of SE's current composers are freelance anyway, so really, he's no less likely to score the next game than Shimomura, Sakimoto, or Hamauzu.

Though honestly, like I said before, to me personally it doesn't make a difference anymore since regardless of composer, FF music has always been top notch. Uematsu is far from the only person capable of making music that will make the game feel like a Final Fantasy.

maybee
12-01-2016, 11:31 AM
1 - A normal level-up system (Level up by numbers after gaining exp from battles, like from FFIV-IX)

Maybe, though at the same time, Square loves to experiment and take risks ( FFII, FFIII, FFV, FFVIII, FFX, FFXII ) comes to mind.

2 - ATB gauge in battles (Like from FFIV-IX) or turn-based in general (either is good)

As much as I love and enjoy Turn- Based so much, and not really all that keen on Action RPGs, Square at the moment seems to believe that Turn- Based is something of old and the past. It's not impossible, but Square- Enix seems to think that Action RPGs is the future. Though Square does plan to create a third Bravely game and it's highly possible that they'll create a World Of Final Fantasy 2.

Square speaks with sales, so if turn-based games do well, then Square might reply with a Turn- Based FFXVI.

If Persona 5 sells more than Final Fantasy XV, then watch Square turn around about how they feel about Turn- Based at the moment and confidently make XVI turn- based.

3 - World Map

FFXV has this, so yes, highly possible.

Not very possible, they COULD bring him back to do a other FF title, however they don't seem to have any interest to bring him back for a future project at the moment.

5 - A large cast of playable characters (about 8-15), including both male and female

Remember Square has got to pay voice-actors, so this doesn't seem very likely. It would just be too expensive on them.

Though keep your dreams alive, who knows, FF 16 might become your dream game ! :jess:

Sephiroth
12-01-2016, 01:47 PM
5 wishes

Director: Tabata Hajime
Producer: Kitase Yoshinori
Story: Nojima Kazushige
Character Design: Nomura Tetsuya
Music: Hamauzu Masashi

Those are mine. I don't think any of yours are impossible but you should get used to some more obvious changes even if those elements return somehow.

Fox
12-04-2016, 08:13 PM
3 - World Map

With the success of XV, I doubt we'll see anything but another action RPG from FF in the future. It makes me sad, but I can't see them doing anything else.

I would love this to happen of course. Shimomura-san would be OK, she does some great music. But nobody quite has the same touch with motifs as Uematsu-san does. I'm replaying FFIX at the moment, I'm only to Evil Forest and I've already heard half a dozen arrangements of a single theme. Other composers neglect this element far too much.

This could be feasible. Especially if they get Hiroyuki Ito directing (please god let them get Hiroyuki Ito to direct, it's sure as heck his turn...). I think 8 would probably be your cap.