PDA

View Full Version : Simply wandering by once more.

Momiji
12-01-2016, 03:48 AM
I have been beckoned back with the arrival of FFXV and such I guess.

It's such a weird feeling looking back at EoFF. I joined here nearly 12 years ago at the tender and unabashedly cringe-y age of 15 and looking back is simultaneously entertaining and outright mortifying. I haven't been around much for about five years or more now, and chances are I won't be here super long before I start inevitably drifting around again, but it felt weird to be posting here without saying hi and reminiscing a little.

So hi!

How has everyone been?

Wolf Kanno
12-01-2016, 05:16 AM
Welcome back Team CLAMP!

Fynn
12-01-2016, 05:46 AM
I think I kinda remember you? We probably never talked, though. I was shy like that.

In any case, welcome back!

Big D
12-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Heya, welcome back. A forum like this can be a kind of solo nostalgia trip, for better or worse, depending on just how much you've changed since you first joined up. Goodness knows, I barely recognize myself from the person I used to be way back at the beginning.

Shauna
12-01-2016, 08:39 AM
It's always nice to see some familiar faces, even if just for a wee bit!

Hello again! :)

Psychotic
12-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Jusssssss-tiiiiiiiiiiiiin! :argh:

Loony BoB
12-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Heya Momiji :D Welcome back! I hope you get some fond memory action goin' on.

FFNut
12-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Welcome back. Also nice to meet you!

qwertysaur
12-01-2016, 04:10 PM
CLAMP

Fynn
12-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Wait, we have a team CLAMP?

Why am I not on it?

qwertysaur
12-02-2016, 01:40 AM
CLAMP brigade goes way back to 2009! :bigsmile:

Momiji
12-02-2016, 05:20 AM
Welcome back Team CLAMP!

CLAMP

Wait, we have a team CLAMP?

Why am I not on it?

And now you are! It's that easy. :P

Anyone following the new Cardcaptor Sakura sequel that's being published right now?

Is your username from Fruits Basket? Because if so, Momomiji best character.

Hahaha! Yes, it is. Though I'll level completely with you-- I don't remember a fucking thing about Fruits Basket anymore aside from some of the plot and some of the characters. Momiji was the best though.

(As an aside, the username I usually use these days is Framboise.)

Jusssssss-tiiiiiiiiiiiiin! :argh:

I missed you too, Paul. :love:

Heya, welcome back. A forum like this can be a kind of solo nostalgia trip, for better or worse, depending on just how much you've changed since you first joined up. Goodness knows, I barely recognize myself from the person I used to be way back at the beginning.

This is definitely the case. It's strange, really-- I used to think of myself as a fairly level-headed person back then, but looking back, I realize just how short of a fuse I used to have. Perspective is a hell of a thing-- I would never survive in my current job without the level of patience I have now.

In some senses, I haven't changed at all-- I don't really feel like an adult even though I live completely independently, pay bills, have a job, buy groceries, all that grownup shit, but really I just feel the same way I used to, just with responsibilities and stuff. But hey, I'm surviving, so I must be doing something right.

But looking back, I've definitely mellowed out. My job is stressful, so I've been living my life with a mindset of utilizing my free time in the least stressful ways possible to balance that-- and part of that is simply not sweating small stuff anymore. Being single again has probably made me a bit more cynical and closed off, but I'm far less uptight than I was a few years ago.

I'll consider that a net gain in the life skills department.

Heya Momiji :D Welcome back! I hope you get some fond memory action goin' on.

I have! It's interesting to come back and see how things have changed, both in the general layout and activity of the community. (I confess, I went back to the Aeris Reborn skin because it's the one I've always been most used to.) It's really nice to come back and see familiar names and faces-- and to be remembered despite my absence over the years is heartwarming.

It's nice to see you all again, and nice to meet the new faces.

theundeadhero
12-02-2016, 06:07 AM
Hello! I remember a Momiji, and if you remember me, I suppose I have a few things to apologize for. We all have regrettable former posts :p

Momiji
12-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Hello! I remember a Momiji, and if you remember me, I suppose I have a few things to apologize for. We all have regrettable former posts :p

I remember you! Though, I do not know what you'd have to apologize for anymore-- I know we butted heads in the past, but I no longer recall what for. Knowing me, probably something silly and probably my own fault. :P

Pike
12-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Welcome back :) I don't think we ever talked much but it's nice to see you around again!

Mirage
12-02-2016, 01:28 PM
How could I forget you?

qwertysaur
12-03-2016, 01:04 AM
Now for an actual serious post. I agree 100% with how we all change so much in just a few years. I was a little shit back in 2009 and now we are all grown up. I'm teaching(!!!!) college now and it's weird because I ave a freshman class and they are just like we were. But the amazing thing is that even though we may disappear from here for a period of time, EoFF will always welcome us back like we never left.

Christmas
12-03-2016, 04:39 AM
Welcome back!! Remember me? We used to kill fleas and loot items off dead cockroaches! We have so much fun together until I got married and you killed my firstborn and ate the second. It was sad that you didn't share but we are still cool right? :bigsmile: