PDA

View Full Version : Main Party Character Impressions

Loony BoB
12-01-2016, 01:31 PM
No spoilers, of course. Including secondary party members, no need to mention them here!

Currently I rank them as follows...

Gladiolus - Favourite. I like that he's not just a "kind hearted beef tank" but is also actually a notably smart guy, second only to Ignis in that department I'd say.

Prompto - I thought this guy would seriously annoy me but actually he's very balanced and not too in your face with the "I AM THE SILLY ONE" stuff. He's cool.

Noctis - I thought I'd hate his voice, and while it hasn't been a favourite by any means, it hasn't grated on me at all. Seems good for a main character dude.

Ignis - Just can't really get into liking the guy. I like that he heals me sometimes. I like his food bonuses. But as a personality, I am waiting for a moment for him to really shine. So far he's too much of a cliché intelligent type. I wish he'd show some personality. Here's hoping, though, I'm not quite half way yet.

Fynn
12-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Have you watched Brotherhood, BoB? It really fleshes the dudes out a lot

Loony BoB
12-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Crap, no, I haven't. I need to tear myself away from the game for a bit longer. Maybe next time I'm eating I'll do it. I've only seen the first 1-2 episodes.

Fynn
12-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I was asking because I think Ignis' episode in particular showed a really cool side of him that wasn't really apparent in the promotional materials for the game

Necronopticous
12-01-2016, 11:32 PM
Noctis: Leonardo
Ignis: Donatello
Gladiolus: Raphael
Prompto: Michaelangelo

Bubba
12-02-2016, 02:42 PM
Noctis: Leonardo
Ignis: Donatello
Gladiolus: Raphael
Prompto: Michaelangelo

This is perfect.

maybee
12-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Gladiolus - Least Favourite at the moment, just feels like a macho/ western male stereotype. Just feel like he's one step away from having a bald head, scar on his face, wearing army gear and holding a massive gun.

Prompto -Cute, funny and adorable. Favourite. Love how he's the sunshine of the group. And a Kingdom Hearts fan !

Noctis - Really wasn't ready to like him and was getting prepared for a Advent Children Cloud 2.0, but I love how down to earth he is, how kind and respectable towards animals he is, and how much he loves his friends. Also love how he's also a bit of a baby.

Ignis -Second Favourite. Just love his crisp smooth British sounding accent, his style and his upperclass front- but also isn't a selfish snob at the same time and cares dearly for Noct.

Yar
12-02-2016, 03:50 PM
I want to see them kiss :aimkiss:

qwertysaur
12-03-2016, 03:33 AM
All I can think is bro bro bro bromance, but I am only an hour into the game.

Loony BoB
12-03-2016, 08:23 AM
I want to see them kiss :aimkiss:
I did get a chuckle thinking about all the shipping fans reacting to Prompto talking about how a city was so romantic, and then all the guys reacting by saying something like how great it is that he gets to spend his time in it with them.

EDIT: Found the quote...

Prompto: Wow, this place is so romantic!
Gladio: And you get to enjoy it with us.
Noct: All three of us!
Ignis: You... are a lucky man.

Vermachtnis
12-03-2016, 11:08 AM
So far he's too much of a cliché intelligent type. I wish he'd show some personality. Here's hoping, though, I'm not quite half way yet.

The "Smart" one.
http://i.imgur.com/vCxDquf.gif

Yar
12-03-2016, 12:16 PM
omg

Formalhaut
12-03-2016, 01:18 PM
I feel like this game is ripe for an amusing compilation of bugs and funny moments. That made me chuckle.

Aulayna
12-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Ahahaha that's amazing.