PDA

View Full Version : Highly confused!

Jarvio
12-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Ok, according to the internet, summoners can only cast Shiva as a level 2 summoner/summon ability (at the lowest).

My Reina is able to cast Shiva at level 1 summoner...

However, she couldn't before... but now that Galuf is level 2 summoner, this has also enabled Reina to cast Shiva at level 1. Is this supposed to happen?

Similarly, all of my characters can cast both black and white magic level 2 spells, even though some characters are at level 1 in those classes!

Does reaching a certain class level unlock stuff for EVERYONE then? (As I thought it was just for each character individually...)

I am playing the PS1 Port btw, from the PS Store.

Mirage
12-01-2016, 11:45 PM
When you have the job active, you get access to all spell levels. The spell level limitation only applies if you're equipping a non-native skill. Such as a white mage with black magic.

A lv1 summoner gets access to every single summon in the game, but only while they are on the summoner job.

I'll answer the question you didn't ask: No, you didn't run into a glitch.

theundeadhero
12-01-2016, 11:57 PM
He's right, you know.

Jarvio
12-02-2016, 12:01 AM
When you have the job active, you get access to all spell levels. The spell level limitation only applies if you're equipping a non-native skill. Such as a white mage with black magic.

A lv1 summoner gets access to every single summon in the game, but only while they are on the summoner job.

I'll answer the question you didn't ask: No, you didn't run into a glitch.

Ahh that makes sense. I'll test it out tomorrow. Thanks

Mirage
12-02-2016, 12:05 AM
Don't worry about that. I know this is correct :p.

Jarvio
12-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Am I correct in thinking red mages cannot do cure 3, bolt 3, ice 3, fire 3?

Yar
12-08-2016, 06:25 PM
I think so? Red Mages can only cast magic from the black and white schools up to a certain magic level, regardless of whether they are currently Red Mages or not.

I want to say its up to level 3 or maybe 4. And I'm pretty sure the Cure 3, Bolt 3, Ice 3, Fire 3 spells are like level 5 or 6.

Mirage
12-08-2016, 08:04 PM
They can't. Red mages only get three spell levels from each school.

The game is usually correct, not bugged or glitched.

Jarvio
12-13-2016, 02:42 AM
FFV beaten!

Christmas
06-24-2017, 06:20 AM
Congrats! me too!! Totally crushed the whole game with a mallet!!!! :bigsmile: