PDA

View Full Version : How much did you mind ...

Sephiroth
12-04-2016, 12:01 AM
... the parallels to Final Fantasy VI?

Evil Empire that wants an ancient power
Right Hand of the Emperor is the actual main villain
Main villain killing/transforming the Emperor
Empire tries because of the main villain to "be friendly" to the enemies just to actually get what they want
Main villain is an annoying jokester
MagiTek - though vastly different
Magic being a natural thing but not as easily accessible
Character that somewhat supports the empire and has access to an airship joins your side
Biggs and Wedge being soldiers
World of Ruin
Defeating the main villain means enormous sacrifice of the main character (Esperside of Terra almost killing her, Noctis dying)
Character wakes up years later to reunite with friends and head for the villain
Ultros

Fox
12-04-2016, 12:03 AM
Please mark your spoilers dude!!!!

Sephiroth
12-04-2016, 12:08 AM
Updated.

Loony BoB
12-04-2016, 12:58 AM
"Almost killing her" - so basically not killing her. Just saying. ;)

But I did feel there were some similarities, but that's not a bad thing. It's hard to not have similarities these days to one or more of the older games.

Sephiroth
12-04-2016, 01:03 AM
"Almost killing her" - so basically not killing her. Just saying. ;)

But I did feel there were some similarities, but that's not a bad thing. It's hard to not have similarities these days to one or more of the older games.

Well, the esper side of hers died with Kefka being destroyed as the last one to possess the power of the Statues. I think that is "death" enough as she was in danger.

And yes, of course some things are coincidental in franchises but I get the feeling that with a lot of the other similiarities they actually wanted to bring in more parallels here instead of just for example "okay, let's bring back the word MagiTek or aspect x".

Fynn
12-04-2016, 06:14 AM
Tabata has confirmed on several occasions that VI is his favorite. I honestly can't wait to see all the shout-outs.