PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Songs

Night Fury
12-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Which festive tunes get you in the mood for the big day?

I'm listening to a vintage Mariah Christmas Album and loving it. Resisting the urge to belt it out.

I'm also a massive fan of the really old ones; Bing Crosby, Sinatra, etc!

ah-U9ECRZog

Mirage
12-05-2016, 08:22 AM
i can't stand christmas music. Never have :p

Fynn
12-05-2016, 09:40 AM
I like Let It Snow a whole lot! In general, I'm more a fan of older Christmas music rather than the newer pop thangs

In Poland we actually have a lot of traditional Polish Christmas songs that are uniquely our own. They're all about Jesus and stuff. I'll try to link some stuff later if I find some good recordings.

Jinx
12-06-2016, 01:23 AM
I really like they religious classics. Joy to the World, O Holy Night, Hark the Herold Angels, etc.

Forsaken Lover
12-06-2016, 08:49 AM
CRW2poUfJ34

Bubba
12-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End) by The Darkness.

Any song that ends with the lead singer shouting "Bell End!!" to a group of carol-singing kids gets my vote :lol:

VQhuoY5h2kE

charliepanayi
12-06-2016, 04:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nhbv74Hz54

Aerith's Knight
12-06-2016, 07:35 PM
I remember listening on some twitch stream to some parody Christmas songs. Things like: "It's Christmas in my old rusty buick" or "Santa is a psycho". Like Weird Al parodies. Pretty sweet, but I never found the album.

Crop
12-06-2016, 09:58 PM
"All I want for Christmas" is definitely the pinnacle of Christmas songs for me. Vaughn Monroe's Let It Snow is great too. I've always liked Hanson's version of What Christmas Means To Me too, I think I heard it during a TV advert years ago and found it super catchy.

I love all the classics too of course, those are just my favourites.

FFNut
12-07-2016, 12:27 PM
When I was younger my mom had a Boney M Christmas album. My sisters and my mom would play it non stop every year, and now it just doesn't feel like Christmas without it.

BreakfastGrilledCheese
12-07-2016, 07:02 PM
This year there's a lot of Pentatonix and Straight No Chaser on my playlist.

Mary, Did You Know?
Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)
Lully Lullay
We Three Kinds
Leontovych: Carol of the Bells
O Come, All Ye Faithful
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Noel
Where Are You Christmas
New Kid in Town

Bubba
12-07-2016, 07:06 PM
When I was younger my mom had a Boney M Christmas album. My sisters and my mom would play it non stop every year, and now it just doesn't feel like Christmas without it.

That is borderline child abuse.