PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Films and Required Watching (TV)

Night Fury
12-05-2016, 07:45 AM
Come on, what are the best ones?

I think the absolute best for me is Elf. Just a classic in so many ways.

It's a Wonderful Life gets a shout too.

As for television episodes, I HAVE to watch the Doctor Who Christmas Carol episode, it's so lovely. I also enjoy the Royle Family. It will be even harder to watch them this year, however, after Caroline's passing.

Mirage
12-05-2016, 08:17 AM
this cinematographic masterpiece (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%99i_o%C5%99%C3%AD%C5%A1ky_pro_Popelku)

also i watch the entire lotr extended trilogy with one of my brothers

Fynn
12-05-2016, 09:09 AM
I never got behind this trend in Poland where everybody watches Home Alone every year. I mean, it's an okay movie, but not one Id go out of my way to rewatch even once. But other Poles... there were actual riots when the tv station that airs the movie every year announced around three years ago that they wouldn't do that this time. People actually took to the streets and the station actually reversed their decision.

My favorite Christmas movie has to be Love, actually, because of how smart it is and how every time I watch it I get something new out of it. But I also have a real soft spot for National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation since it's my dad's favorite Christmas flick and it's the thing that aired in my house every Christmas, so I guess I'm as nostalgic for it like most Poles are nostalgic for Home Alone

Cell
12-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Die Hard?
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang?

Psychotic
12-05-2016, 09:15 AM
As for television episodes, I HAVE to watch the Doctor Who Christmas Carol episode, it's so lovely.Yeah, that one is a big favourite of mine too.

Muppets Christmas Carol is one I watch every year. I even pause the movie to watch one of the cut songs on YouTube.

charliepanayi
12-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Elf and Love Actually are nowhere near the best Christmas films. Love Actually isn't even a good film to start with!

The Muppet Christmas Carol is always good. Ditto the obvious stuff like It's A Wonderful Life.

EDIT: Happy now?!

Fynn
12-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Nowhere in the thread title does it say "classic" :p

FFNut
12-05-2016, 02:00 PM
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is a classic also.
Also Home Alone was always my favourite as a kid.

Bubba
12-05-2016, 02:01 PM
I only watched It's A Wonderful Life for the first time a few years ago and it's a beautiful film.

Elf is must along with Die Hard!

Also, I have fond memories of Muppet's Christmas Carol. I went to the cinema with my friend Becky in November 2014 to watch this for the first time. When I got back home that evening I found out I was going to be a father :D

Mirage
12-05-2016, 03:54 PM
I hated it's a wonderful life :(

Jinx
12-05-2016, 04:29 PM
I hate It's a Wonderful Life too, Mirage. xD

I looove Doctor Who Christmas Carol, though. Best Doctor Who Christmas.

My must watches are Christmas Vacation, The Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas, and the classics like Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Year Without a Santa Claus, etc. BUT NEVER FROSTY!!!

I also have a feeling White Christmas from Black Mirror will become a holiday tradition as well.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Christmas vacation is the only one I have to watch every year. It was a tradition in my parents house to watch it on Thanksgiving while decorating the tree.

Del Murder
12-05-2016, 04:47 PM
I watched Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman every year when I was growing up. I put Rudolph on for the kids just yesterday. They liked it but only sat through... 15 minutes of it.

Colonel Angus
12-06-2016, 05:23 AM
The Man Who Came to Dinner

FFNut
12-06-2016, 05:31 AM
Though it's not a must watch, anyone else remeber seeing the band Kiss make a Christmas movie in full make up. It's good for the lol once, but it is cringe worthy.

maybee
12-06-2016, 06:42 AM
The Die Hard movies ! Yeeeahhhhhhh !

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PrrgLmc4Wjo/VkRSQILb9tI/AAAAAAAARws/TTTJJlErC5w/s1600/Die%2BHard.gif

Slothy
12-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Die Hard and Gremlins.

Forsaken Lover
12-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Garfield Christmas Special.

pdjmR8Smzhg

Crop
12-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Not enough Die Hard mentioned man! Are you all forgetting the true meaning of Christmas?!

CesIkS9a0bw

Mr. Carnelian
12-06-2016, 10:40 PM
Ben Hur. The original, obviously. It always seems to be on around Christmas or New Year. Absolute classic.

Loony BoB
12-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Christmas Day TV will never be the same to me until Gordon Ramsay starts doing his special show again. He is so watchable on Christmas for some reason.