PDA

View Full Version : [KH] New HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue Trailer

Aulayna
12-08-2016, 09:28 PM
*eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

fkN9OBVHX-c

Shauna
12-08-2016, 10:26 PM
Ugh they need to stop releasing trailers and just put the game out already.

Fox
12-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Ugh they need to stop releasing trailers and just put the game out already.

Square Enix...

Release game instead of trailers...

I... don't understand this concept :stare:

Shauna
12-08-2016, 11:00 PM
I know, it's a crazed concept, but it might just pay off for them.

Depression Moon
12-12-2016, 01:24 AM
Damn, customization, fighting with Mickey? Fragmentary Passage might be longer than I thought. Could be up to 20hrs.

I love that remix of Simple and Clean. Let me download it Disney.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SoulfulShowyCornsnake.gif

https://giant.gfycat.com/WaterloggedDeficientCreature.gif

Depression Moon
12-14-2016, 04:50 AM
I just noticed, Mickey is using the Shooting Star Keyblade instead of the reverse Kingdom Key in one part of the footage.

Fynn
12-14-2016, 05:30 AM
As he did throughout BbS. If that's footage from 0.2, it makes sense since he hadn't gotten the Kingdom Key-D yet. Maybe they'll actually show how he got it.

DMKA
12-17-2016, 12:36 AM
It seems like they're putting an awful lot of effort into something so short. o__O

Skyblade
12-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Does anyone else sense something different about Aqua? Namely, that she seems to have much better voice direction this time? No longer sounds bored with absolutely everything? The one negative I had against her in Birth By Sleep was the incredible monotone she carried through everything. That seems gone.

Fynn
12-20-2016, 10:54 AM
Idk, I liked Aqua's voice throughout BbS.

Formalhaut
12-20-2016, 10:00 PM
I can kinda see where Skyblade is coming from, but I don't think it was so bad. It only seems bad because the other two had more expressive voices.

Honestly, I was more perturbed by Terra's rather laconic reactions to events both unassuming and striking. I eventually got used to it, and it was eventually rather endearing.

NeoCracker
01-10-2017, 08:49 AM
...We get to play with more Aqua? She was the best part of Birth by Sleep! Hell yeah! (I only just finished it this morning. :p)

Spoilers ahead regarding Birth by Sleep.

Though effectively, there is only one thing about the Kingdom Hearts plot that confuses me, and that is Terra. He lost his body to Xehonort, but this was before he became a Heartless and Nobody. The Heartless was destroyed at the end of Kingdom hearts 1, and considering the Nobodies have no Hearts, you would presume Terra was 'alive' inside the Heartless killed at the end of 1.

Clearly that was never meant to be the case as Birth By Sleep has set him up to play some kind of roll, plus his appearance in this trailer.

I am completely in the dark with Ideas on how they are going to explain this one. o_O

Fynn
01-10-2017, 09:02 AM
It was pretty much explained in BbS. His heart was merged with Xehanorts, and it was purely his will and anger that entered the armor. So the heart was part of the heartless, but not the sentient part.

Sephiroth
01-10-2017, 01:19 PM
As it can be seen in one of the final scenes of Birth by Sleep, Terra's consciousness was still partly linked to his body, therefore being able to co-exist in both the possessed body as well as the armor for awhile, it also fought with Xehanort in there, but Xehanort still was the dominant one on the surface, even after the memory loss. So not everything was kept within the armor alone. Still, with that, by the end of the day, Ansem was the by darkness engulfed Xehanort nonetheless and not Terra.

Also it is not true that Nobodies have no hearts. Xemnas himself explains it in Dream Drop Distance. Nobodies have a "leftover of the original heart" and the Nobody reproduces the missing rest. It was one of the many retcons from "we remember the feeling of having a heart" to this. Just as Xehanort becoming a Heartless was retconned for his "Xehanort replication plan". Because originally he made himself a heartless "just to investigate darkness easier as he could approach it that way", this was amusingly made meaningless by adding the cloaks that protect from darkness and later with Xehanort's explained plan as, in his Ansem form he used the bootstrap paradox to tell his past self to tell what should happen, teach the time manipulation, et cetera.

NeoCracker
01-11-2017, 10:20 AM
It was pretty much explained in BbS. His heart was merged with Xehanorts, and it was purely his will and anger that entered the armor. So the heart was part of the heartless, but not the sentient part.

....So if he was part of the Heartless, shouldn't he theoretically be kind of dead? I mean the heartless was killed at the end of the first game. How exactly is Terra going to be involved at all? Or was the portion of heart left behind in the Nobody (Since apparently that happens, I've yet to actually play 3D) the part that contained Terra's Heart? I mean considering the chat Aqua has in Blank Space with Xehonort, I guess that kind of makes sense?

Sephiroth
01-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Yes, Xemnas still has this connection with Aqua as he is basically nothing but a Xehanort copy, therefore he also consists of remnants of Terra. Still it is true, just as the body of Ansem still reminds of Terra, there basically was still a small part of Terra left. For the sake of simplicity heart-wise they never made it too hard as in "well, his consciousness still had this heart connection with the body even though he was in his armor already, et cetera". Basically Terra had no chance in that body therefore what was still left or linked to it was fairly insignificant when Xehanort became a Heartless. Just as a Heartless is basically nothing but the heart corrupted by darkness and the consciousness controlled by the drive to find hearts, except for strong-willed people/Heartless like Xehanort, Sora, et cetera who still had control, once he became a Heartless this whole "Terra VS Xehanort" thing no longer was a thing. Actually even way earlier as we can see as there was basically nothing left of that inner fight after Xehanort fought Aqua in the final episode. So Xehanort had complete conscious control while Terra remained in the armor and even without the control on the surface Xehanort had to live in a body that deep within had those leftovers of Terra like the connection to Aqua which leads to the scene of Xemnas looking at her armor et cetera.

So long version short: Yes, there were links for Terra and leftovers in his original body but since Xehanort was too strong he never regained control and therefore the Somebody split affected Xehanort's being "and only those remnants of Terra like body, a few memories, et cetera" while Terra's essence remained safe in the armor.

NeoCracker
01-11-2017, 01:19 PM

....So if he was part of the Heartless, shouldn't he theoretically be kind of dead? I mean the heartless was killed at the end of the first game. How exactly is Terra going to be involved at all? Or was the portion of heart left behind in the Nobody (Since apparently that happens, I've yet to actually play 3D) the part that contained Terra's Heart? I mean considering the chat Aqua has in Blank Space with Xehonort, I guess that kind of makes sense?

...COrrection, that guy during Blank Space may have been Ansem, not Xehonort. I'm watching Coding, and I think that makes more sense.

I'll just wait for the new one in a couple weeks.