PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Dessert Inspiration

Lyndis Highwind
12-09-2016, 06:25 AM
So I'm usually in charge of making a dessert or two for our family get together on Christmas. However, I don't really have any idea what to make, so I thought I'd ask you guys what your favorite Christmas desserts are in order to get some inspiration!

So what are guys' favorite desserts to eat on Christmas?

Night Fury
12-09-2016, 07:54 AM
Trifle, cheesecake, pavlova, apple strudel

Formalhaut
12-09-2016, 08:15 AM
There's this nutella puff pastry concoction that is making the rounds on social media, lemme link to it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U8NzADY0Jc). Actually in that one, he makes the puff pastry from scratch, but you could really just use shop bought pastry sheets. I'm actually making it on the weekend, I'll see how it goes!

And that's just the base recipe. You could add nuts, cinnamon, or experiment with other fillings for the puff twist.

There's always Christmas cookies as well, with tree shapes. Or even just the standard circle made into a bauble through icing.

Bri
12-09-2016, 03:53 PM
I always like pecan pie. I had just found out a while back that I dislike any type of cheese cake, fruit cake. We have two Christmas party coming up so I will most likely be making old fashioned peanut butter pie and trying out a new recipe called buttermilk pie as well. What desserts did last year?

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2016, 05:26 PM
What's more christmas-ey than Cinnamon ice cream?