PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping Presents

BreakfastGrilledCheese
12-21-2016, 05:50 PM
Every holiday season I tend to fall in to one of two categories with getting presents wrapped: early or omg-just-throw-it-in-a-bag-and-let's-go-we're-late!

I also go back and forth between just wrapping a gift in pretty paper and putting a bow on it to basically creating a sculpture out of ribbon, ornaments, and string like I'm channeling some kind of Martha Stewart demon. Then there's my husband and father-in-law who are pretty much content just having you close your eyes and then they plop a shopping bag in your lap.

What's your style of wrapping? Elaborate, simple, not at all and are you a last minute or early bird with getting this stuff done?

sharkythesharkdogg
12-21-2016, 10:02 PM
I'm a completely average wrapper-upper.

Occasionally I'll go for a bow or fancy ribbon that I curl with some scissors. That's about as special as I dare.

Night Fury
12-22-2016, 02:56 AM
I'm very in the middle this year. I didn't bother with bows and ribbon, and just got some plain ol' cheap wrapping paper.

I have been known to get really fancy with it! Nothing compares to Pheesh's stepmom though, she curls all of her own ribbons, and sticks ornaments on the wrapped presents and everything.

Literally last year she put really fancy christmas ornaments on our gifts xD

BreakfastGrilledCheese
12-22-2016, 03:12 AM
Literally last year she put really fancy christmas ornaments on our gifts xD

I LOVE when people do that. I'm like, "Free ornament!"

Pumpkin
12-22-2016, 03:54 AM
I'm an awful wrapper but I try. I get nice paper and use bows and stuff. Still looks like garbage though ._.

Sephex
12-22-2016, 04:20 AM
I got my girlfriend to do it for me this year. I asked on a whim and she straight up did it. It was a Christmas miracle!

Mr. Carnelian
12-22-2016, 09:35 AM
My Christmas wrapping technique is saying to Formy "Hey, could you wrap my presents for me? I'm rubbish at wrapping." Then I sit back and play video games whilst he wraps them perfectly. Simples.

Loony BoB
12-22-2016, 11:49 AM
I'm quite good at the initial wrapping part. I can get those things looking proper tidy. The additional stuff like bows and that? Nah, not me. xD

Lyndis Highwind
12-22-2016, 06:57 PM
I used to be awful at it, but I got my mom to show me how she does it because she is amazing at it. Now I love to use pretty wrapping paper and go all out with bows and ribbon. :)

Shauna
12-22-2016, 07:27 PM
I just got all my Christmas wrapping done! I'm alright at it. I try to keep everything neat and tidy, but when I get to like present #20 I get tired.

Formalhaut
12-22-2016, 07:41 PM
My Christmas wrapping technique is saying to Formy "Hey, could you wrap my presents for me? I'm rubbish at wrapping." Then I sit back and play video games whilst he wraps them perfectly. Simples.

Yeah pretty much, and he does this over-polite smug smile because he knows I'll do it.

As it happens, I'm an okay wrapper. I keep offering Sam some lessons, but to no avail.

krissy
12-23-2016, 08:03 AM
today i used a blood sample shipping container as a wrapping container because that is how lazy i am re: wrapping

Formalhaut
12-23-2016, 08:06 AM
today i used a blood sample shipping container as a wrapping container because that is how lazy i am re: wrapping

I had to wrap Sam a present he bought for a gift pot - it was a small metal bird with space for a candle. It needed a box however, as it would be impossible to wrap on its own. We didn't have a small box to hand, so I just emptied out a square tissue box and wrapped that up with the bird still inside it. Worked like a charm.

Chris
12-23-2016, 10:10 AM
No, I do not wrap anything. I guess I am too lazy.