PDA

View Full Version : Christmas baking?

LovelessFirefly6
12-22-2016, 11:13 AM
This year I went crazy baking up a storm for Christmas. Has anyone else done Christmas baking this year? if soo what did you make? I make some chocolate dipper Oreo reindeer and snowmen, chocolate covered candy cane pretzels, turtle pretzels, 3 kinds of cookies... lol just a ton of stuff. I'm Going to do some Christmas goodie bags for my coworkers, and two platters for my family get togethers. I love cooking and cleaning, they are my vice

Night Fury
12-22-2016, 11:56 AM
We don't have an oven at the moment. *sad face*

I usually make Christmas Cakes though as I LOVE fruit cake.

I will be going to a relatives house and making some Christmas shortbread :) I'm giving fudge a go this year too. It's nowhere near as much baking as I'd like to do, but it's something!

LovelessFirefly6
12-23-2016, 03:28 AM
We don't have an oven at the moment. *sad face*

I usually make Christmas Cakes though as I LOVE fruit cake.

I will be going to a relatives house and making some Christmas shortbread :) I'm giving fudge a go this year too. It's nowhere near as much baking as I'd like to do, but it's something!

I like fruitcake as well, and I LOVE fudge. at least you will have that to enjoy :) Shortbread and I have a weird relationship, every time I try to make them they never turn out.

Night Fury
12-23-2016, 10:03 AM
I use this Nigella recipe and I've never gone wrong with it!

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/vanilla-shortbread

My tip for shortbread is to keep your hands cool and the surface cool - then when you've cut your biscuits before you put them in the oven refrigerate them for 15-20 minutes or more!