PDA

View Full Version : Ice Skating!

Formalhaut
12-26-2016, 07:28 PM
So I went ice skating today with Mr. Carny in Switzerland, and it was delightful! It was my first time, but I was... okay, I think.

How are you guys at ice skating? Are you gliding across the ice, or hanging around the edges?

Fox
12-26-2016, 07:48 PM
Me ice skating

https://dncache-mauganscorp.netdna-ssl.com/thumbseg/377/377209-bigthumbnail.jpg

Not quite dancing to Belero yet

FFNut
12-26-2016, 08:04 PM
I played ice Hockey since I was 4. I can skate really well, crossovers and the rest.

Formalhaut
12-26-2016, 11:21 PM
Me ice skating

https://dncache-mauganscorp.netdna-ssl.com/thumbseg/377/377209-bigthumbnail.jpg

Not quite dancing to Belero yet

I told Sam about Bolero, and he had literally no idea what it was. Neither did his older brother. Seriously, did they watch Dancing on Ice when it was on T.V?

Fox
12-26-2016, 11:24 PM
For my mum's generation of Brits, Torvill and Dean was THE sporting highlight of their young adult lives, so I heard a lot about that growing up.

But... pretty much nothing else :D Now all of my ice skating knowledge comes from Yuri!!! On ICE (which if you haven't seen it is the best anime this season so check it out). As for my own skating experience... first time my dad took me roller skating I smashed my head on the wall of the rink, so I didn't try it again for about a decade. Then my friend took me ice skating and I smashed my head on the wall of the rink, so I haven't been since!

Skyblade
12-27-2016, 05:32 AM
I haven't skated in years, but I used to do both figure skating and hockey. It's fun. Just, not a lot of opportunities anymore.

Pike
12-27-2016, 07:04 PM
I actually used to be really good at figure skating when I was a kid, about seven or eight years old or so. Older skaters would compliment me as I zipped around the rink.

That was a loooong time ago though, and I imagine if I tried again I would completely fail at it, hahaha.

BreakfastGrilledCheese
12-28-2016, 01:43 AM
I have never ice skated. I don't think I ever will. I have no sense of coordination.