PDA

View Full Version : New Year, New Me, New Food?

Night Fury
12-28-2016, 10:49 AM
Is anyone else going to be a walking cliche and embark on a new diet when the new year rolls in? I am!

I really need to get rid of my unhealthy habits. I eat junk food and take out far too often, and in general I'm a terrible eater - I will eat nothing all day and then bloat myself at night with a massive meal. I need to get on track.

I think having a regular 9-5 is going to help, I always thrive when I have a routine, back when I was in the UK I was doing amazing with my diet because I planned all of my meals around work. I definitely want to do packed lunch for work - to save money and to also rule out any temptations for cakes and processed foods.

I'd like to eat more plant based meals in the new year. I won't give up a lot of meat and dairy, but if I could do plant based breakfast and lunch 3-4 times a week I would notice a difference in my eating habits I think. Plus it's sooooo cheap! Beans and lentils are super cheap and so easy to jazz up with spices and herbs!

Pheesh and I also got a really nifty slow cooker/pressure cooker which will come in super handy for making lovely veggie soups when winter rolls in. There's also a porridge and yoghurt setting :D

Bubba
12-28-2016, 11:09 AM
walking cliche

Me.

New year, new me. All that bollocks. My diet is awful and I've drank too much over the last few months. Regular exercise, better eating habits, keep a detailed food diary.

I have a friend's stag do on 10th Feb so I want to be in reasonable shape by then. I still won't look amazing but I'll be better. We're all going as WWF wrestlers and I want to look decent as Rowdy Roddy Piper :D

Night Fury
12-28-2016, 11:20 AM
walking cliche

Me.

New year, new me. All that bollocks. My diet is awful and I've drank too much over the last few months. Regular exercise, better eating habits, keep a detailed food diary.

I have a friend's stag do on 10th Feb so I want to be in reasonable shape by then. I still won't look amazing but I'll be better. We're all going as WWF wrestlers and I want to look decent as Rowdy Roddy Piper :D

We'll be walking cliches together! I will support your eating of beans and lettuce and you can support my eating of beans and lettuce!

Bubba
12-28-2016, 03:41 PM
walking cliche

Me.

We'll be walking cliches together! I will support your eating of beans and lettuce and you can support my eating of beans and lettuce!

Freya
12-28-2016, 04:17 PM
Yeah I gotta get back on my low carb thing. It's the only thing that works with me. Which is stupid cause i love bread but whaaatever.

So i'll be there too.

Bubba
12-28-2016, 06:31 PM
Gonna be trying some healthy slow cooker recipes in January so will post my (no doubt terrible) results here.

Cell
01-09-2017, 12:48 PM
I'm trying to eat less junk food and cut down my portion size- that's my main issue. Batch cooking and breaking down into smaller amounts if helping a lot.

Night Fury
01-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Today for lunch I legit had home-made bean bites and carrot sticks.

Then when I got home I ate 5 chocolate chip cookies.... Small steps right?