PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff Thread

charliepanayi
01-02-2017, 08:43 AM
It's playoff time! Who are you tipping/rooting for?

AFC
First round bye: Patriots, Chiefs
Wild card playoffs: Raiders @ Texans, Dolphins @ Steelers

NFC
First round bye: Cowboys, Falcons
Wild card playoffs: Giants @ Packers, Lions @ Seahawks

I'm hoping the Giants can make it past the Packers, but it will be tough, Green Bay are on a roll at the moment. I think the Steelers may surprise a few in the playoffs.
If we do end up with a Patriots v Cowboys Super Bowl I may have to boycott the whole thing.

Wild card weekend predictions: Texans, Steelers, Giants (we can do it!), Seahawks

Del Murder
01-03-2017, 04:45 AM
My poor Raiders. What a horrible end to a hopeful season. I guess they are still in, and could technically beat Houston, but man they sure looked ugly yesterday without Carr.

Tavrobel
01-03-2017, 05:52 AM
McGloin vs. Savage. A matchup for the ages. I am willing to pay $75 million for the opportunity to watch this matchup (http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-will-lose-75-million-televising-raiders-texans-010217).

Meanwhile, the world is waiting in anticipation of another Tom Brady Super Bowl loss to the one, and the only Eli "3LI" Manning, Eli "The GOAT" Manning, Eli "Tom Brady" Manning, Eli "Elisha" Manning.

Because only Vegas would set the odds for the Giants at 18-1.

charliepanayi
01-03-2017, 09:01 AM
The Giants will have to win in Green Bay and most likely Dallas to just reach the NFC Championship game. Even allowing for the Giants already beating Dallas twice this season (and the fact they have done this on the road playoff run before), you can see why the bookies aren't favouring them. The thought of the Giants beating the Patriots yet again is a nice one though.

charliepanayi
01-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Got both games correct last night - but both games were pretty terrible! Hoping for a bit more excitement tonight.

EDIT: OK, three bad games now...

charliepanayi
01-09-2017, 09:09 AM
:(

Hopefully the Packers will crush Dallas next weekend.

Cell
01-09-2017, 12:46 PM
As a Bears fan my season is predictably over, but my colleague is a huge Seahawks fan so I hope they go as far as possible. Good start by battering the Lions.

charliepanayi
01-15-2017, 09:40 AM
Falcons looked pretty good yesterday, and the Patriots unsurprisingly won. Rooting for the Packers today, I think they and the Steelers will win.

Cell
01-16-2017, 03:28 PM
Urgh, the Packers. I really would have liked them and the Pats both to lose, but as expected, they both made it.

charliepanayi
01-16-2017, 03:54 PM
7/8 from my playoff predictions so far, not bad (damn Giants).

Bwahahahahahaha bye bye Dallas. Two playoff wins in twenty years.

charliepanayi
01-23-2017, 08:59 AM
These playoffs haven't been great for competitive games. Hoping Falcons can win the Super Bowl, but obviously the Patriots will win, because as we know only the
Giants and Eli Manning can beat Brady and co in the big game!

Bubba
01-23-2017, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I watched both games last night because I don't value my sleep any more. The Falcons destroyed the Green Bay Mermen. They'll be tough to beat but if anyone can step up in the World Series it'll be Jim Brody! The guy is a legend :D

Bring on Feb 12th!

Cell
01-23-2017, 11:03 AM
Really hoping Arizona can go all the way now.