PDA

View Full Version : Where's your next planned vacation/trip?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-03-2017, 01:29 PM
Sup.

Are there any places you plan to travel this year to explore or relax?

I'm going to Seattle in September. I've got tickets for a music festival I'm looking forward to which may or may not lead to a party at an abandoned asylum afterwards. While i'm there, I plan to meet a few online friends I've talked to over the years and check out some of the local tourist destinations.

Loony BoB
01-03-2017, 01:49 PM
I have this weird thing where I really don't like to travel alone (for me the enjoyment comes from sharing the experience with someone), and now that I'm effectively single I genuinely don't know what I want to do with travel. I occasionally consider going to Japan or Switzerland, to visit Dan or Raine respectively.

Shauna
01-03-2017, 02:02 PM
We have a lot of things on this year, so not sure at all if we're going to leave the country this year. We'll be going to London at the very least.

Night Fury
01-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Well if all goes to plan I'm going on a meditation retreat to Mexico in September. Perks of the job!

I'd also like to get to the UK for a vaaacaaaay 2017 Christmas!

FFNut
01-03-2017, 03:09 PM
I would love to go to either Paris, or travel the UK next year. Love history and would love take my time to see both places.

Aulayna
01-03-2017, 03:11 PM
My next "vacation" is to Disneyland Paris for a weekend for the launch of the 25th Anniversary. Even though it's only about 2 hours away on a train, I'll be staying in a hotel and everything this time and got invited to some event for Annual Pass holders.

Next "leaving the country" vacation will likely either be back to the UK or Ireland.

Freya
01-03-2017, 03:13 PM
BF and I want to go touring castles in the UK at some point! We think it'd be fun. So we're going to try to make steps to saving up for that.

Psychotic
01-03-2017, 04:58 PM
I'm turning 30 this year (ugh) so I'm planning to go away for a weekend or a week or a fortnight or forever for that but have absolutely no ideas.

Fox
01-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Japan!

I fly to Tokyo in April, then we're gonna stay one night in a traditional ryokan near Mt Fuji, then travel down to Kyoto and Osaka for a few days. Then back up to Tokyo for a week, and we fly home just before Golden Week where the entire country becomes 1,000% more crowded. Been saving for this for a year and spent my entire bonus on it as well, so it's The Big One. It's my first holiday outside of the EU since becoming an adult who pays for his own holidays.

Lyndis Highwind
01-03-2017, 06:16 PM
I might be going with my sister and her family to visit her in-laws in Canada, but nothing is official yet.

BreakfastGrilledCheese
01-03-2017, 09:40 PM
I know for sure we'll be traveling to the Blue Ridge Mountains to stay in a place called Little Switzerland NC for our two year wedding anniversary in July.

I'm not sure what other trips will happen this year other than traveling six hours west and east to visit family a few times this year.

Old Manus
01-04-2017, 12:00 PM
I'm making it my life mission to get to a Boxing Day Ashes test in Melbourne, be it in 2017 or sometime later.

fat_moogle
01-04-2017, 01:41 PM
My friend asked me if I wanted to go travelling with him next year. He wants to go to Australia and I'm not sure where else. I need to get away so I'm seriously considering it, I just need the £££.

Mirage
01-04-2017, 01:43 PM
To the United States of America.

Formalhaut
01-04-2017, 01:52 PM
I get the whole 'travelling alone sucks' completely. It just seems empty going away to places by myself. I only really go sightseeing or travelling with Mr. Carny or another friend.

I'm fairly weak on plane travel (not the flying, just the procedures), and everytime I've gone flying I've been with Mr. Carny. I can't imagine going to an airport by myself, though.

Mirage
01-04-2017, 03:21 PM
you get used to it. there's staff you can ask

Freya
01-05-2017, 02:41 PM
One of us needs to win the lottery already and just fly everyone who wants to to a place and then we can party it up!

qwertysaur
01-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Going to a wedding in Florida next week!

Shoden
01-10-2017, 01:29 AM
So far, just Manchester in June to see Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow.
Possibly Birmingham in August too for Kitacon.