PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Mafia Dissidia

Pages : [1] 2

Karifean
01-05-2017, 04:05 PM
You find yourself in the world between worlds, where heroic and chaotic spirits meet to battle in the eternal conflict of Cosmos and Chaos. However, this particular battle may be slightly different from what you are used to. Chaos has shifted their strategy; instead of sending their forces to a full frontal assault on Cosmos, the spirits of Chaos have infiltrated the forces of Cosmos, causing seeds of distrust and discord to spread among former allies who no longer know whom to trust. Simple love and friendship won't solve matters this time; naively trusting the people next to you could very well spell your own doom.

Welcome to Mafia Dissidia. The Final Fantasy battle of wits.

Participants

The participants in the game will be these 'innocent' souls:

FFNut
Scruffington
Formalhaut
Freya
qwertysaur
Aerith's Knight
Shauna
Fox
Fynn

Give it your best, warriors of harmony and discord, Cosmos and Chaos have high expectations of you.

(If you are not on this list but are still interested in joining the game you can send me a private message so long as the game has not officially started yet.)

Setup

As soon as the game begins participants will receive a Mognet Message from me detailing their Identity, their Role and their Alignment. The identity allows one to identify themselves or other people through the narrative. The role is what determines one's special abilities during the game. And finally, the alignment - Warrior of Harmony or Warrior of Discord - decides what your goal is in this game.

Cosmos-aligned players must wipe out all Chaos-aligned players.

Chaos-aligned players must wipe out enough Cosmos-aligned players so that the number of Chaos-aligned players is equal to or higher than the number of Cosmos-aligned players.

Normally I would be more ambiguous as to the number of Chaos-aligned players, but to slightly experienced players it should be relatively obvious that the only plausible number is 2. These two Chaos-aligned players know who the other is and have the unique ability of communicating about the game with one another outside of this topic which the Cosmos-aligned players are not permitted to do under any circumstances. I would ask that the Chaos-aligned players set up a channel through which their communication also goes through me (because I'm interested in seeing what they talk about =P) but in the interest of simplicity they may pick any means of communication they wish, if the alternative would make things needlessly complicated.

As for Identities, identities may be any human playable character or villain from a mainline Final Fantasy game from IV to XV; there's not many limitations there.

Murderer
A Chaos-aligned role. Can kill someone every night. The chosen player is eliminated from the game unless protected by the Protector in the same night. The murderer cannot kill themselves.

Roleblocker
A Chaos-aligned role (in this game at least). Can block the ability of another player every night. Whatever night action the chosen player may have decided to do, it will not go through.

Lackey
A Chaos-aligned role. Can kill someone every night, but only one Lackey may perform a kill per night. If multiple Lackeys decide to do a kill they will all fail, so make sure to communicate. One Lackey being eliminated does not hamper the other Lackeys' ability to kill.

Detective
A Cosmos-aligned role. Can choose someone every night to investigate. The Detective will then be privately informed of the chosen player's alignment.

Protector
A Cosmos-aligned role. Can choose someone every night to protect. The chosen player is immune to being killed by the Murderer or Lackeys for this single night. The same player may be chosen repeatedly, but the Protector cannot protect themselves.

Switcher
Appears on either alignment. Can choose two people every night to switch. Night actions targeting one will target the other instead, and vice versa.

Identifier
Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to investigate. The Identifier will then be privately informed of the chosen player's identity. They will not be informed of their role or ability.

Tracker
Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to track. The Tracker will then be privately informed of who the chosen player used their ability on that night (if anyone). They will not be informed of anything but the chosen player's username.

Watcher
Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to watch. The Watcher will then be privately informed of who used an ability on the chosen player that night. They will not be informed of anything but those players' usernames.

Vanilla
Appears on either alignment. Has no special abilities.

Unless specified otherwise you cannot target yourself with your ability. If you end up targeting yourself anyways due to the Switcher switching you and your intended target, your ability will simply fail.

And what roles will be in this game?

The Chaos side will definitely consist of either one Murderer and a supplementary role or two Lackeys. The supplementary role may be the Roleblocker, but it may also be any of the other 'either alignment' roles in the game.

The Cosmos side will definitely consist of at least a Detective, a Protector and one Vanilla player. The other Cosmos-aligned players may be any role that is not explicitly Chaos-aligned, including more Vanilla players.

And in case anyone is thinking what I expect them to, I will say this upfront.

I guarantee that identities, roles and alignments are randomly assigned, there is no causal link between any of them.

A player with the Kuja identity might end up being a Cosmos-aligned Protector, or he might be a Chaos-aligned Lackey. Both are very much possible.

When a player is eliminated, their identity and alignment is openly revealed but their ability is not. You'll have to deduce what abilities remain in the game by yourselves.

Game Progression

The game is divided into Daytime Phases and Nighttime Phases which alternate, starting with a Daytime Phase.

During daytime phases, all players may vote for a player to be lynched (eliminated from the game). Please state votes clearly, in their own paragraph, like this:

##Vote: Karifean

If you wish to retract your vote you may also change your vote to "No Vote". And finally, you may also vote for "No Death", meaning you vote for nobody to get lynched this daytime phase.

Daytime Phases have a general time limit of 48 hours. However the phase may end early - if at any point during the daytime phase there is an absolute majority of votes for a player (or No Death), the vote is locked down instantly (even if I happen to be offline at the time), votes cannot be changed anymore, and the decision is final.

As a Daytime Phase ends, the Nighttime Phase begins, lasting 24 hours. During this phase players may still post in this topic like normal, but more importantly, all non-Vanilla players may perform their night action. Night actions are all resolved at the same time at the end of the Nighttime Phase, so when you inform me of your action has no bearing on the game.

Please inform me of your night actions via Mognet Message, with your action stated clearly in its own paragraph, like this:

##Kill: LoonyBoB

After Nighttime Phase ends, a writeup will be posted giving a vague impression of what took place

Additional Rules

In the interest of fair play, it's forbidden to quote or take screenshots directly from Mognet Messages from the Game Master (me). The only exception to this is your Identity, which you may quote but not make a screenshot of. So this is fair game:

You are Ramza, Cosmos-aligned Underappreciated Protagonist.

But of course a message like this is easy to fake, and faking these claims is obviously fair game as well ;)

Live Chaos-aligned players have no restrictions on their private communication, however it is forbidden for Cosmos-aligned players to discuss the game with other players outside of this topic. Likewise, it is forbidden for eliminated players to post in this topic or disclose information about the game to any remaining living player.

Do not edit or delete posts. Anything you've said you cannot take back, and it would be unfair if players missed out on information just because they came in late. On the other hand, double-posting is perfectly fine.

Breaking any of the game's rules will get you modkilled, i.e. eliminated instantly. Breaking any of the game's rules for strategic purposes will have your entire team lose immediately. You just don't do that, 'kay?

Finally, if you happen to be absent for several phases in a row, you may also be eliminated. If you know ahead of time you can't participate in the game for a while, make sure to inform me beforehand and we might be able to figure something out.

Further Questions

If anything regarding the game itself is unclear to you, don't hestitate to ask in this topic. I'm here to answer any questions you may have. If your question regards private information about your identity/role/alignment/whatever, you can also of course send me a Mognet message. Also if your question is not directly relevant to everyone else in this game, I'd also like it if you messaged me directly, to keep this topic as free of clutter as possible.

If anyone else still feels like joining the game at this stage I'm certainly open to allowing you to do so since while it means more work and re-setting up for me it also means more players which is yay ^_^

And with that, I bid you good luck. Character Information will be sent out as soon as I have it all figured out (which will still take a bit of time).

Current Game Status

Game Over - Chaos Victory

Winners (Chaos)
Scruffington - Garnet, Chaos-aligned Determined Princess
Fynn - Noctis, Chaos-aligned Beloved Prince

Losers (Cosmos)
qwertysaur - Died on the First Twilight - Seifer, Cosmos-aligned Proud Hero
Shauna - Died on the Second Daylight - Shadow, Cosmos-aligned Tormented Wanderer
Freya - Died on the Second Twilight - Cecil, Cosmos-aligned Redeemed Knight
FFNut - Died on the Third Daylight - Lenna, Cosmos-aligned Inspiring Leader
Aerith's Knight - Died on the Third Twilight - Faris, Cosmos-aligned Royal Pirate
Fox - Missing on the Third Twilight - Cid, Cosmos-aligned Shapeshifting Enigma
Formalhaut - Missing on the Third Twilight - Kefka, Cosmos-aligned Lunatic Mage

Freya
01-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Wait our "identity"? are we getting unique accounts?

Fynn
01-05-2017, 04:17 PM
No, the identities are secret.

Karifean
01-05-2017, 04:18 PM

No that wasn't the idea, you just each have a Final Fantasy character assigned to you. You are free to roleplay them or not, whichever you prefer, but more importantly to the gameplay your identity determines your appearance and the like and can be used to pinpoint you during narrative writeups. So there is both interest in keeping it secret and revealing it, and you may also be able to pinpoint other players in the writeups by process of elimination if many players are open about it.

Meanwhile...

Cosmos gathers their power and summons a new ally to their side.

The White Wizard of Fynn!

Chaos looks at this from afar and laughs, as if looking at a naive child putting too much trust in their supposed 'allies'.

(Oh yeah in case it wasn't clear, Fynn joins the game)

Fynn
01-05-2017, 04:21 PM
*waves*

hi

Fynn
01-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I have one question - I get that the alignments and roles are randomly assigned, but can we choose identities, or are those randomly assigned to us as well?

Karifean
01-05-2017, 04:33 PM
They're randomly assigned as well =P

Fynn
01-05-2017, 04:34 PM
*pleasedontletmebeyuffiepleasedontletmebeyuffie*

qwertysaur
01-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Protip Karifean, have players vote like this:

##Vote: slowpoke

Makes finding votes much easier. :p

Karifean
01-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Nine people could be seen gathered in the parlor of a mansion. The atmosphere was tense as each of them looked around. The people around them were once comrades they had fought alongside, or some of them even enemies they had once faced in a fierce battle. And yet, they had all felt it. When they came to this world between worlds, they had felt their minds being invaded by an unknown force, as if to rip out who they once were and replace it with something else entirely. Even after so many cycles, all of a sudden, they felt as if they could trust no one. As if the people they'd used to consider allies were suddenly strangers they'd never met before. And then they found themselves here, in this mansion separated from their world, without any memory as to how they'd ended up there.

On the table there was a letter that had been read out loud earlier. Its contents were as follows.

Greetings, my brave warriors.

I apologize for isolating you in this place, but the situation is dire. It has become apparent that Chaos was not gathering his forces for an all-out attack after all; instead, he has sent spies to infiltrate us. Thanks to our divinations, we know that out of the nine of you, seven are our allies but two are agents of Chaos. It would be far too dangerous to leave these agents on the loose, so we had to confine all of you to a closed space. And now I entrust you, my warriors, with the task of figuring out who the traitors among us really are.

My dear warriors, do not lose heart. I am certain that if you believe in one another, you will be able to find the traitors in your midst. I trust that you are able to overcome this. Never give up, and never stop thinking.

- Cosmos

Everyone looks at the other people around them. Some eyes are filled with determination, others with caution, others yet with amusement. Some are slightly disappointed that their goddess cannot trust them, others are eager to live up to her expectations. They all knew what god they served, and they would surely finish the task entrusted to them.

On a higher plane of existence, a man in purple clothes with short red hair can be seen sitting down with a smirk, talking to nine other people. "Nothing like a good letter to open a murder mystery." The man stretches and then announces in a loud voice, "The board is finally set up; The rules of the game have been put out in the open and each of you has been assigned one of the pieces. I will make sure this game goes smoothly. Good luck and have fun."

Daylight Phase 1

You have 48 hours to decide on a player to lynch (or decide on not lynching anyone at all).

There are 9 players remaining, so the majority lockdown is at 5 votes. If any player or No Death receives 5 votes, the vote is instantly locked down and Daylight Phase ends prematurely. If there is no majority lockdown, at the end of the day the person with the most votes is eliminated. If there are multiple players with the most votes I get to flip a coin or roll a die.

Have fun!

Scruffington
01-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone. Gl hf.

Fynn
01-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Gl hf yourself.

Looks like we're in for quite the ordeal, huh. Let's just weed out the traitors and lose a bunch of people along the way? Sorry, don't think I can get behind that.

##Vote: No Death

Fox
01-05-2017, 09:53 PM
Let us do battle with honour, or at least the superficial appearance of honour.

Karifean
01-05-2017, 09:57 PM
And I'll just take this moment to remind everyone, once and for all, to please double-post instead of editing posts. Thank you~

Fox
01-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Post editing sure sounds like something an agent of Chaos would do...

Freya
01-05-2017, 10:16 PM
For the first vote and declaration, you try to seem pious and no vote it? SUSPICIOUS :colbert:

Formalhaut
01-05-2017, 10:26 PM
https://s.yimg.com/wv/images/dd44effa962c19353e4e6ba4502fa628_128.png

Well well well, what do we have here? Spies among us? Ha! Masquerading as an innocuous yet harmless threat is my speciality! Who else is better to have on the side of justice! Of order! Of peace!

... ugh, the words form weirdly in my mouth. But truer words have never been spoken! Let us talk endlessly in circles in this enclosed room until we've killed anyone who isn't us! Whoever us is!

FFNut
01-05-2017, 10:31 PM
Sits quietly and observers the room.

Scruffington
01-05-2017, 10:43 PM
In past games I've played, usually players who edit their posts are scum.

qwertysaur
01-05-2017, 10:44 PM
Great, we have an insane clown among us. Don't worry, I'll be sure to lead us to victory.

Formalhaut
01-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Great, we have an insane clown among us. Don't worry, I'll be sure to lead us to victory.

Who asked you, leafyhead?

Just so you know, I won't be doing my attempt at Kefka speech for ever!

qwertysaur
01-05-2017, 10:56 PM

Who asked you, leafyhead?

Cosmos did, and I'll protect her no matter the cost, even if it means putting up with you of all people.

FFNut
01-05-2017, 11:14 PM
Do I just Mognet message night time activities, or daytime also?

Karifean
01-05-2017, 11:17 PM

Only nighttime actions are to be Mognet message'd. Votes during daytime phases are all public.

Fox
01-05-2017, 11:20 PM
Now we already know Fynn has been in league with Chaos thanks to his opinions on Final Fantasy VIII's official soundtrack but the question is did he remain​ an agent of chaos after those dark times?

FFNut
01-06-2017, 01:01 AM

Only nighttime actions are to be Mognet message'd. Votes during daytime phases are all public.

sounds good. Thank you.

FFNut
01-06-2017, 01:02 AM
So Fynn may just be a target now... Hmmm I need to think on this as I re-read the thread.

Scruffington
01-06-2017, 01:35 AM
So Fynn may just be a target now... Hmmm I need to think on this as I re-read the thread.

What makes you say that?

FFNut
01-06-2017, 01:38 AM
I was just trying to rattle him to see if he would give any hint away on what side he was on.

Scruffington
01-06-2017, 02:05 AM
I was just trying to rattle him to see if he would give any hint away on what side he was on.

And you think stating your intentions out loud like this is going to accomplish that? Haha.

Freya
01-06-2017, 02:38 AM
He also has a night ability apparently :monster:

Fynn
01-06-2017, 06:16 AM
Wow.

Fynn
01-06-2017, 06:29 AM
My first mafia and people are already accusing me of being the bad guy because I didn't know you shouldn't edit posts?

What is this, people? This is not how we defeat the forces of Chaos!

And who's Fynn? I am Noctis Lusic Caelum -

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/9/93/Regis_and_Older_Noctis.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160817195146

Formalhaut
01-06-2017, 08:05 AM
My first mafia and people are already accusing me of being the bad guy because I didn't know you shouldn't edit posts?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/9/93/Regis_and_Older_Noctis.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160817195146

Apparently Fynn's secret role ability is growing old. I look forward to seeing how the forces of Chaos use this to their advantage.

Formalhaut
01-06-2017, 08:08 AM
Though honestly, does anything of real relevance get discussed on Day One? It's not like there's alot to go on.

Yes there is!

No, there's not.

Yes there is!

There really isn't. No-one's even died yet.

I know, what a travesty.

Fox
01-06-2017, 08:58 AM

Apparently Fynn's secret role ability is growing old. I look forward to seeing how the forces of Chaos use this to their advantage.

Well, if he's evil at least we can always just let father time do his thing.

Now, who am I? Well, I'm everyone's favourite trans-dimensional shapeshifter:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/53/54/90/5354901985788410a1bb3477b991774a.jpghttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a97/Fantasy_Gamer/ff8_cid.jpghttp://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/b/bc/Cid_frog_ff9.png/revision/latest?cb=20090814160304

Shauna
01-06-2017, 11:41 AM
top o' the morning to you gents, I see the day 1 fun is well on its way

Already a No Death vote? Quick to get your vote out, eh Fynn? Why so eager to get the Day Phase out of the way? All we can do is talk, it's the only tool we have, shouldn't be praying this time away even if it is to vote for nobody to die.

And then we have FFNut who openly tells everyone that they have a night skill - or is it a day skill? Not necessarily a bad thing, but it is a strange thing to question in-thread. I feel that this is a newbie mistake, but it doesn't stop it giving all the bad feelings.

Fynn
01-06-2017, 01:17 PM
And what about you? What makes you feel empowered to suspect us at this point?

Shauna
01-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Suspect everyone, it's the name of the game.

Scruffington
01-06-2017, 01:43 PM
A few thoughts of mine:

Either FFNut is trolling or he really does have an ability. Which is a pretty big slip to make as town...you don't want to reveal your role if it's important. However if he does have an ability, it doesn't necessarily mean he's town either.

I believe that voting for no lynch on day one is pretty standard. Day 1 offers very little to no information, and random lynching can actually cause us to throw the game with so few players.

Shauna
01-06-2017, 01:51 PM
When we usually play here, we never have the option of No Death, which is obviously going to colour how a lot of us play. Uh oh.

Fox
01-06-2017, 01:53 PM
I'm going to trust everybody day 1 seeing as there's no evidence to play with yet. Maybe if we all sit down and have a nice chat and a game of triple triad the traitors will understand the error of their ways, give themselves up and rejoin the good guys before anyone gets hurt.

So on that note, everyone sit your ass down and drink your god damn TEA.

Fynn
01-06-2017, 02:41 PM
I'm going to trust everybody day 1 seeing as there's no evidence to play with yet. Maybe if we all sit down and have a nice chat and a game of triple triad the traitors will understand the error of their ways, give themselves up and rejoin the good guys before anyone gets hurt.

So on that note, everyone sit your ass down and drink your god damn TEA.

You guys... are the best.

Freya
01-06-2017, 02:57 PM
See I'm not a fan of that no death thing. Because if you're a chaos aligned person, then it's easy to just say "oh no, I didn't want to kill any day one! I"m a good person!" It's too easy to use it as an easy out for your innocence.

Fynn
01-06-2017, 02:59 PM
I mean, I get your point, but it does seem odd to just eliminate someone without anything happening

Freya
01-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Already a No Death vote? Quick to get your vote out, eh Fynn? Why so eager to get the Day Phase out of the way? All we can do is talk, it's the only tool we have, shouldn't be praying this time away even if it is to vote for nobody to die. .

Often times people will give up their motives without realizing it by just talking! So the quick to vote, or no vote in this case, gives a bit too much of a knee-jerk reaction for me to be comfortable with. We have 48 hrs in the day! Plenty of time to discuss and yet, people are quick to stop using the one tool we have and just hands-up it.

Fynn
01-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Dude. I've literally never done this before. The only mafia I ever played was irl and you could never lynch anyone before the first murder. Sorry if I can't play the game right.

Freya
01-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Oh goodness, don't get upset. I'm not making a slight against you personally. I'm just overly suspicious of everyone!

Fynn
01-06-2017, 03:17 PM
I'm not. I'm just used to slightly different rules. And now that's made me suspicious, which is fair enough.

Scruffington
01-06-2017, 03:51 PM
When we usually play here, we never have the option of No Death, which is obviously going to colour how a lot of us play. Uh oh.

That's not how mafia is played, lol. You always have the option to not lynch.

See I'm not a fan of that no death thing. Because if you're a chaos aligned person, then it's easy to just say "oh no, I didn't want to kill any day one! I"m a good person!" It's too easy to use it as an easy out for your innocence.

So potentially random lynching an innocent town based off of zero evidence and complete guesswork is a good idea?

Chances are you're not going to just randomly guess who the mafia is with a day one lynch. D1 lynches are incredibly dumb if you're playing town.

Freya
01-06-2017, 04:17 PM

That's not how mafia is played, lol. You always have the option to not lynch.

Please stop telling people the way they play games is wrong. It's just different than your experience.

Fynn
01-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Whatever anyone says, no the end Karifean makes the rules here. Whether we like them or not, they are what they are.

Scruffington
01-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Please stop telling people the way they play games is wrong. It's just different than your experience.

I never said that the way they play games is "wrong." Please don't put words in my mouth.

I said that it isn't how mafia is played, because it isn't. Traditional mafia games always have the option to vote no-lynch during day phase, regardless if it is Day 1 or 10. The way things may have been done here isn't wrong, but it isn't traditional nor is it the way mafia is normally played.

Shauna
01-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Not complaining, just saying that I (and probably a few others) will have to rethink how to play to take into account the fact that we have the option of a No Lynch scenario. :p

Scruffington
01-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Not complaining, just saying that I (and probably a few others) will have to rethink how to play to take into account the fact that we have the option of a No Lynch scenario. :p

It does add a little bit of strategy to the game. You usually don't want to lynch anyone until there's enough info or reason to do so, and nothing is really concrete on day 1.

Sometimes you don't even want to lynch in later day phases. It all depends. :)

Formalhaut
01-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Oh flipping heck I thought we moved passed the whole 'let's discuss how we all play Mafia differently' topic. Just let people be people. Let people make perceived errors or mistakes. Let people reveal all, or keep their cards close to their chest. For some people, this is their first time playing Mafia, so let's not bombard them with rule variations and alterations that might confuse them.

As far as I'm concerned, the rules Karifean posted are the rules of Mafia until this game is over.

Some people prefer playing with No Death, others like to omit No Death. Well whatever, because we're playing with No Death and I'm open to new ways of playing Mafia. I've never had it so you could choose not to kill someone, so that's interesting.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone is just as suspicious as each other, but that also means I don't really suspect anyone either above the rest of the bunch. So for what it's worth:

##VOTE: No Death

I can't wait until the Night Phase has started so we'll actually have stuff to talk about during the day.

Aww, I was rather enjoying the circular conversations.

Hush you.

Anyway, by my count, that is 3 votes for No Death. 5 is the Lock-down Point.

Fynn, Fox and Formalhaut have all voted for No Death. Which is a damn fine alliteration there if I do say so myself.

Formalhaut
01-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Like Shauna, I haven't a care what the rule is. Mafia is fun, traditional or non-traditional! Sorry if I sounded terse in my previous post, it's just I've already heard this argument before and don't want Day 1 to just descend to discussions on rules.

It'll be interesting. The only two Mafia games I've played have been on EoFF, with the omission of No Death. What usually happened in these games at Day One is an inactive character who didn't post would get lynched, which is as close to 'No Death' as you'll get without actually lynching someone of import.

FFNut
01-06-2017, 04:59 PM
This being the first time I played, and people seem to think I have every ability for asking questions as I read the rules on the first post...

Formalhaut
01-06-2017, 05:04 PM
And the alliteration continues! That's 4 votes for No Death.

Freya
01-06-2017, 05:10 PM
dang I kinda wanna also do it for that sweet alliteration. I'm all about alliteration

Formalhaut
01-06-2017, 05:12 PM
dang I kinda wanna also do it for that sweet alliteration. I'm all about alliteration

It's as good a reason as any other on Day One :p

qwertysaur
01-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Wow a lot happened while I was asleep. Here is what I see. A textbook bandwagon. Because if one more person votes no death then the day immediately will end and that is bad for the town. I'll help stop your temptation though Freya.

##Vote:Formalhaut

The night time is the time of the mafia, let's not rush what we have.

Formalhaut
01-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Wow a lot happened while I was asleep. Here is what I see. A textbook bandwagon. Because if one more person votes no death then the day immediately will end and that is bad for the town. I'll help stop your temptation though Freya.

I knew you were out to get me, leafyhead!

A fair point, but what is there to discuss? More circular arguments? Gardening? Favourite pizza toppings? I'm all for talking, but we need something concrete to discuss. And unless someone chucks out a daytime role ability for the funnies, we won't really get a concrete point to discuss until after the night has ended.

Having said that, I suppose there's nothing lost in having the 48 hours play out. But then I can't really see anything gained with having 48 hours play out on Day One either. Maybe I'm just impatient.

Either way though, I'm not going to countervote against you, Qwerty, because while I disagree on stance, yours is obviously committed to thinking about the town's best interests.

Still, it hurts being the first player to be voted. It's almost like you want me dead, or something.

FFNut
01-06-2017, 06:34 PM
The reason I voted No Death is we really don't have any info on anyone yet. To take a pop shot at someone early with very little info is both bold and a little silly as it could hurt your chances latter. There is lots of time to kill coming up. No need to rush on half truths and gut feelings... Yet.

Fynn
01-06-2017, 06:43 PM
The reason I voted No Death is we really don't have any info on anyone yet. To take a pop shot at someone early with very little info is both bold and a little silly as it could hurt your chances latter. There is lots of time to kill coming up. No need to rush on half truths and gut feelings... Yet.

Yeah, poor Formy

Formalhaut
01-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Yeah, you guys, why do you have to be so suspicious of me. It isn't like we're playing a game of Mafia or something.

FFNut
01-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Plus you pulled Kefka which is one of the most evil of all villains.

Freya
01-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Aerith's Knight has been inactive so far. Wondering if that's deliberate for staying low or he just hasn't checked.

Scruffington
01-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Oh flipping heck I thought we moved passed the whole 'let's discuss how we all play Mafia differently' topic. Just let people be people. Let people make perceived errors or mistakes. Let people reveal all, or keep their cards close to their chest. For some people, this is their first time playing Mafia, so let's not bombard them with rule variations and alterations that might confuse them.

The only reason I even brought it up here was because I wanted some context from Shauna about the lack of "no-lynch" option in past games.

Then Freya was trying to put words in my mouth and suggest I said something I clearly hadn't, so I wanted to explain my thoughts further. I didn't have any interest in discussing mafia rules outside of the "no-lynch" part, which is relevant to both this particular game and this specific day.

Formalhaut
01-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Eh, I was mainly just venting to no-one in particular. I've been hearing this back and forth in this thread and the last, it kinda gets boring when you think about it :p

Anyway, yes Freya I was about to comment on Aerith's Knight's absence as well. How long do we actually have left of Day One?

Freya
01-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Well in 2 mins it'll have been 24 hrs from the first "GO GO" post so... 24 more hours?

Formalhaut
01-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Well in 2 mins it'll have been 24 hrs from the first "GO GO" post so... 24 more hours?

Well, that's plenty of time to micro-analyse every post thus far. Thanks for the time-check Freya!

Formalhaut
01-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Talking about checks, it is time for another vote check!

No Death - 4/5 (Fynn, Fox, Formalhaut, FFNut)

Formalhaut - 1/5 (Qwertysaur)

Freya
01-06-2017, 09:42 PM
That leaves:

Scruffington
Freya
Aerith's Knight
Shauna

Having not voted yet.

That being said

##Vote: Shauna

Her pop in recap and pop out was just a bit too brief. Maybe that will get you to join in more, shauna! :D

I think AK may actually just be inactive

qwertysaur
01-07-2017, 12:08 AM
Here is why I'm against no lynching so fast

Firstly it ends the day and that's the time where the mafia can strike, as I've said before

Secondly it's just not sustainable. We need to eventually vote on people to lynch because the mafia are not going to just kill themselves for us. A no lynch is the safest vote for them because it has almost no risk.

Fox
01-07-2017, 12:19 AM
Fine, I'm convinced, random punishment before any crime is committed it is! We're taking the US Police Force approach. So I'm changing my vote.

##Vote: Formalhaut

Reasons:
1) He already has a vote against him. And if we're going to randomly murder someone in the hope they're a bad guy we may as well commit to it.
2) Kefka's kinda a notorious jerk
3) I keep spelling his name wrong and if he gets eliminated I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Formalhaut
01-07-2017, 01:29 AM
##Vote: Formalhaut

Reasons:
1) He already has a vote against him. And if we're going to randomly murder someone in the hope they're a bad guy we may as well commit to it.
2) Kefka's kinda a notorious jerk
3) I keep spelling his name wrong and if he gets eliminated I don't have to worry about that anymore.

1) I mean, fair enough, but randomly murdering someone in the hope they're a bad guy is exactly the kind of thing I don't want to happen.

2) Hey, that's just clown profiling there.

3) Literally everybody calls me Formy. That's a full five letters you can disregard right there.

But you know, kill me if you want. I'm sure that's not going to bite the town in the ass later down the line.

FFNut
01-07-2017, 01:33 AM
This has been great to read through. Think I picked up on a few little hints from people.

Formalhaut
01-07-2017, 01:33 AM
Anyway, time for another vote check.

No Death - 3/5 (Fynn, Fox, Formalhaut, FFNut)

Formalhaut - 2/5 (Qwertysaur, Fox)

Shauna - 1/5 (Freya)

(Aerith's Knight, Scruffington and Shauna are yet to cast a vote)

Formalhaut
01-07-2017, 01:40 AM
But just to briefly add to a point I made previously, Karifean said there was 9 players, and 2 mafia. Randomly killing someone with little more reason than "eh, they'll do" has a statistically higher chance of inadvertently killing a town person. This is a bad thing.

Fynn
01-07-2017, 05:58 AM
But just to briefly add to a point I made previously, Karifean said there was 9 players, and 2 mafia. Randomly killing someone with little more reason than "eh, they'll do" has a statistically higher chance of inadvertently killing a town person. This is a bad thing.

Agreed. At this point, by choosing to kill someone at random we have a greater chance of diminishing our own numbers instead of actually hurting the forces of Chaos. And we don't know who has what talent - is there even a protector that stands a chance to protect someone from getting killed at night? This way, we can go from 7 to 5 incredibly fast, which is why I'm fundamentally against lynching on day one.

FFNut
01-07-2017, 06:03 AM
Like both Formy and Fynn said. The heads will roll soon enough. Would like to get a good feel of who is on my team first. I like how we must figure out who is on by looking at posts alone.

Aerith's Knight
01-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Aerith's Knight has been inactive so far. Wondering if that's deliberate for staying low or he just hasn't checked.

Hasn't checked. Although it's a shame there's no alt accounts. The roleplaying that could've been had.

Aerith's Knight
01-07-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm gonna jump on the Formaulhaut bandwagon and vote for him. That way someone else gets to choose whether there is no death or a lynch. It's more interesting that way.

Plus, since there's no alt, someone else can be salty for once. :lol:

##vote: Formalhaut

Fox
01-07-2017, 11:18 AM
But you know, kill me if you want. I'm sure that's not going to bite the town in the ass later down the line.

This is a town where justice = lynching suspected traitors without trial. It's already beyond the point of saving. Anyone who survives will have blood on their hands!

Aerith's Knight
01-07-2017, 11:30 AM

This is a town where justice = lynching suspected traitors without trial. It's already beyond the point of saving. Anyone who survives will have blood on their hands!

Will someone please think of the children!?

Fox
01-07-2017, 11:35 AM

Will someone please think of the children!?

...You think the children​ could be the traitors!? Dark...

Fynn
01-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Honrstly, is it too late to make alt accounts? Cause that would be so much cooler! Roleplaying ftw!

FFNut
01-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Alt accounts would have made things very fun and interesting agreed.

Aerith's Knight
01-07-2017, 02:46 PM
I actually made one, but then I realized that the character alignment is probably the same as in the games, and it would ruin it.

Shauna
01-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Why are you trying to get the day to end, Formalhaut? You insist that there's nothing to talk about, pushing the ol' "Day One is useless!" line, but that's simply not true.

We can discuss how defensive Fynn gets as soon as anyone says his name.

We can discuss how FFNut has brushed off the fact that he asked a question that only someone with a night or day skill would ask. He says he was just clarifying the rules, but the way that question was phrased...

AK strolls in, throws down a fun bandwagon vote and pushes Formalhaut closer to lynch. Hoping someone else will come in and just put that final vote on the guy?

We can discuss how you're trying to guilt the town into not voting you Formy. I mean, we're playing Mafia. We know that voting for someone carries the chance that we'll get a wrong lynch. But sure, keep telling us that we're definitely getting it wrong if you get offed. Only a townie would ever say this, it's not like the Mafia would want to stay alive either.

##Vote: FFNut

Sorry bud, can't look past your slip up.

FFNut
01-07-2017, 04:03 PM
I'm ok with getting voted. I don't think I slipped up though. I asked a question being a total newbie to the game that was in the rules from the original post. If it wasn't in the forum already I would have Mognetted the question.

Freya
01-07-2017, 05:16 PM
There's shauna!

Also switching my vote to

##vote: aerith's knight

I know you know better than to toss a near close bandwagon vote like that. What to make someone else choose the final nail? Puhlease

Formalhaut
01-07-2017, 05:18 PM
We can discuss how you're trying to guilt the town into not voting you Formy. I mean, we're playing Mafia. We know that voting for someone carries the chance that we'll get a wrong lynch. But sure, keep telling us that we're definitely getting it wrong if you get offed. Only a townie would ever say this, it's not like the Mafia would want to stay alive either.

I mean sure, obviously no-one wants to gets killed. And I reject the notion that I'm 'guilting' the town. You make it sound like I'm some manipulative devil.

But if we look at it the other way, would someone who is mafia be so open about their reasoning, who has posted a fair amount and made themselves vulnerable: would that person be a mafia? The whole point of the mafia in daytime phases is to not bring undue attention to themselves. Either I'm the worst mafia player alive (which is a fair point) or I'm genuinely just laying down my thoughts on the situation and discussing events as they unfold. Hey, almost as if that's the whole point of the daytime phase!

Though for what it's worth: ##VOTE: NO DEATH.

I will state now however: why vote for FFNut? You spend a great deal of time trashing me (two paragraphs worth), and then decide to vote for FFNut, as opposed to placing a final vote on me.

Formalhaut
01-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Anyway, time for another vote check.

Formalhaut - 3/5 (Qwertysaur, Fox, Aerith's Knight)

No Death - 2/5 (Fynn, Fox, Formalhaut, FFNut)

FFNut - 1/5 (Shauna)

Shauna - 0/5 (Freya)

(Scruffington is yet to cast a vote)

Am I counting this right? By the looks of it, I have 3 votes, not 4 (which would bring me 1 away from death).

Shauna
01-07-2017, 05:30 PM
I said why I voted for FFNut.

Just because I point out things about you doesn't mean you have to be the only one I can comment on or consider voting. x}

Formalhaut
01-07-2017, 05:36 PM
I suppose... I'm just curious as to why you decided not to hitch a ride on the bandwagon. I hear its very popular :p

Scruffington
01-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Not really a fan of Aerith's Knight thus far.

It's not just the bandwagon vote that's kind of suspect, but the 3 off-topic posts that contribute nothing to the game. Like he just swooped in, dropped a vote, memed it up, and then peaced out again. No commitment or effort towards helping the town.

That said, it's day 1. No reason to lynch anyone.

Aerith's Knight
01-07-2017, 06:00 PM
There's shauna!

Also switching my vote to

##vote: aerith's knight

I know you know better than to toss a near close bandwagon vote like that. What to make someone else choose the final nail? Puhlease

Well... yeah. :bigsmile:

But your vote of impudence is noted. I will track all your votes of insults. :p

##vote: Freya

Bwahaha, what are you going to do now, eeeh?

Freya
01-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Yeah cause that looks good too, :p

Karifean
01-07-2017, 07:23 PM
With about two hours remaining, the tally currently stands at:

No Death - 3 votes (Fynn, FFNut, Scruffington)
Formalhaut - 2 votes (qwertysaur, Fox)
FFNut - 1 vote (Shauna)
Aerith's Knight - 1 vote (Freya)
Freya - 1 vote (Aerith's Knight)

No vote cast - Formalhaut

Formalhaut
01-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I'm sitting on the fence. Mainly because while people may have slipped up, or done something somewhat suspicious, I can't say with any certainty that said person is mafia. Not at this stage. It's all rather circumstantial. And at Day One, there's barely a body of evidence on any one person.

Has anyone seen Qwerty today?

Karifean
01-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Several of the nine people argued about the benefits and disadvantages of sacrificing one of them right away, but could not come to a satisfactory conclusion. After a while they all felt like they needed some space and everyone went off on their own. In the end, the argument had only served to tire them all out.

Nighttime Phase 1

Players with an ability, you have 24 hours to send me a Mognet Message with your Night Action.

Sleep well...

Formalhaut
01-07-2017, 09:33 PM

Well that was a day. First there was rambling, then bandwagoning, then more rambling, and now darkness... mwhahah *cough* *cough* no, that's from my old ways. I am on the side of light, and must laugh appropriately. Tehehee!

Fox
01-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Can't sleep, clowns'll eat me. Can't sleep, clowns'll eat me. Can't-

qwertysaur
01-07-2017, 10:09 PM
FYI we are supposed to be asleep. No talking. :p

Formalhaut
01-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Can't sleep, clowns'll eat me. Can't sleep, clowns'll eat me. Can't-

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111167114/4598821-1566904355-kefka.jpg

Sleep well, Fox!

Formalhaut
01-07-2017, 10:13 PM
As a Daytime Phase ends, the Nighttime Phase begins, lasting 24 hours. During this phase players may still post in this topic like normal, but more importantly, all non-Vanilla players may perform their night action.

Far as I'm aware we can talk, but honestly I'm limiting what I'm posting to humorous vignettes of Kefka. And even then, I don't really intend to post much at all during the night.

Fynn
01-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Someone's excited about nighttime ;)

FFNut
01-08-2017, 03:26 PM
I'm just sitting waiting to see if I wake up or not.

Formalhaut
01-08-2017, 07:44 PM
*Yawn*

Is it time, yet? *Checks watch*

*Goes back to sleep*

FFNut
01-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Are we alive or dead... I am excited to see what lies ahead.

Karifean
01-08-2017, 09:31 PM
A black-haired adolescent was relaxing in his room, deciding to get some much-needed sleep after the stressful day. An androgynous person who apparently couldn't decide what hair color suited them best was observing them through a crack in the door. When they realized the man was not planning on heading out that night, they decided to leave them alone.

While returning to their room, they passed by a man clad in white armor who was heading into the room right next to theirs. The armored man was met with the smiling face of a girl and decided to keep her company for a while, worried she might get attacked. When the man realized nobody was going to come, he decided to call it a night, casting a protective spell on the room before he left, just in case.

A few corridors away, a blonde man with a confident smile on his face was wandering around, looking for the colorfully clothed man who had drawn much attention to themselves with his creepy way of talking during the day. He found him in his room and decided to make some small talk with him, asking him a few questions while closely observing his mannerisms. They were soon joined by an older man whom both the blonde man and his conversation partner knew. The older man seemed interested in joining their conversation, so they talked for a few hours about their situation. Over time the older man gradually recovered some of his memories regarding the colorful man.

After some time, the men decided it was time to get some sleep, so the blonde man and the older man left the room and went their separate ways, both in a good mood. However, as the blonde man rounded a corner, he was suddenly met with the eerie, unsettling smile of a girl. He instinctively realized the person before him was not his ally and drew his blade, but it was already too late; the girl started chanting and the next thing the man knew he was floating in the air unable to move, and before he could react any further he felt himself being ripped apart. But even that feeling left him only moments after, and he would never move ever again.

qwertysaur has died, he was Seifer, Cosmos-aligned Proud Hero.

Daylight Phase 2

Good morning, everyone.

You have 48 hours to decide on a player to lynch (or decide on not lynching anyone at all).

There are 8 players remaining, so the majority lockdown is at 5 votes. If any player or No Death receives 5 votes, the vote is instantly locked down and Daylight Phase ends prematurely. If there is no majority lockdown, at the end of the day the person with the most votes is eliminated. If there are multiple players with the most votes I get to flip a coin or roll a die.

Formalhaut
01-08-2017, 09:37 PM
Well, smurf.

FFNut
01-08-2017, 09:39 PM
I am alive to see another day!

Fynn
01-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Wow. These descriptions are far more detailed than I expected!

Fox
01-08-2017, 09:55 PM
My cunning plan of "let's hope the traitors see the error of their ways" seems to have failed. Today, we mourn the loss of a good man. A jerk, to be sure. A self-important jerk with mommy issues. A self-important jerk with mommy issues and a temper who would always send his lackeys to deal with you instead of talking to you directly.

But a good man nonetheless.

It occurs to me as I look at the remains of my dearly departed... I won't say friend - it was Seifer after all - but all, that we haven't all yet been introduced. Those of you who have kept your identity secret until now, would you be so kind as to introduce yourselves?

FFNut
01-08-2017, 09:57 PM
I will be happy to say I am Lenna

Fox
I wanna edit the post to fix my 'ally' typo but I'm not going to. Put it down to me being the Cid from a game with a notoriously poor localisation.

FFNut
With fair skin and Pink hair.

Formalhaut
01-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Now that we have a confirmed Town, I've managed to collate together all the relevant posts Qwerty/Seifer ever posted.

Here is why I'm against no lynching so fast

Firstly it ends the day and that's the time where the mafia can strike, as I've said before

Secondly it's just not sustainable. We need to eventually vote on people to lynch because the mafia are not going to just kill themselves for us. A no lynch is the safest vote for them because it has almost no risk.

FYI we are supposed to be asleep. No talking. :p

To summarise, basically along with about half of the posting gang, Qwerty was not in favour of 'No Death'. He decided to vote for the third person to vote for No Death, and plead the argument against voting for No Death.

Qwerty didn't really say anything much else. What we need to discern is what the Mafia would gain from killing Qwertysaur specifically. They could have killed anyone in town. Yet they decide to kill Qwerty. Understanding this is essential if we are going to decide who is likely to me a Mafia member.

FFNut
01-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Formy's post gives some great information. Enough for me to go

## Vote: Fynn

Formalhaut
01-08-2017, 10:06 PM
And your reasons, Nutty?

Fox
01-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Let's look at what we know about the circumstances of his death also:

he was suddenly met with the eerie, unsettling smile of a girl. He instinctively realized the person before him was not his ally and drew his blade, but it was already too late; the girl started chanting and the next thing the man knew he was floating in the air unable to move, and before he could react any further he felt himself being ripped apart. But even that feeling left him only moments after, and he would never move ever again.

The murderer in this instance is a female character. If we're telling the truth about who we are, then Fynn (Noctis), Formy (Kefka) and myself (Cid) can't be the killer. Although we could still be the accomplice of course.

FFNut
01-08-2017, 10:09 PM
My vote for Fynn is simple that he was the first to push No Death. Also he went out of his way to say I'm Cosmo and we need to get those Chaos players. He wanted us to think Cosmo, and end the day quickly. May still change my vote if I see new evidence, but at the moment I have Fynn as a Chaos member. Not sure who the killer is though.

Formalhaut
01-08-2017, 10:18 PM

he was suddenly met with the eerie, unsettling smile of a girl. He instinctively realized the person before him was not his ally and drew his blade, but it was already too late; the girl started chanting and the next thing the man knew he was floating in the air unable to move, and before he could react any further he felt himself being ripped apart. But even that feeling left him only moments after, and he would never move ever again.

The murderer in this instance is a female character. If we're telling the truth about who we are, then Fynn (Noctis), Formy (Kefka) and myself (Cid) can't be the killer. Although we could still be the accomplice of course.I have a question about these write-ups. They're fantastic Karifean, but when you mention the gender, or a hair colour or whatever: are they an accurate portrayal, or a sort of 'story' concept that we shouldn't take as gospel?

Just so we're aware when crafting theories. I've never played a game of Mafia when we've had detailed write-ups like this. I'm happy with them, I just need some clarification, thanks! :D

Karifean
01-08-2017, 10:23 PM
I have a question about these write-ups. They're fantastic Karifean, but when you mention the gender, or a hair colour or whatever: are they an accurate portrayal, or a sort of 'story' concept that we shouldn't take as gospel?

Just so we're aware when crafting theories. I've never played a game of Mafia when we've had detailed write-ups like this. I'm happy with them, I just need some clarification, thanks! :D

They are an accurate recounting of the events that transpired during the night.

FFNut
01-08-2017, 10:24 PM
I will second the write-ups are great Karifean.

Formalhaut
01-08-2017, 10:26 PM
My vote for Fynn is simple that he was the first to push No Death. Also he went out of his way to say I'm Cosmo and we need to get those Chaos players. He wanted us to think Cosmo, and end the day quickly. May still change my vote if I see new evidence, but at the moment I have Fynn as a Chaos member. Not sure who the killer is though.

He was indeed the first person to push for No Death. Than in and of itself isn't enough for me to place strong suspicion on him. I'd like to hear Fynn's thoughts before deciding one way or another.

FFNut
01-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Re-reading everything I am now convinced Fynn is a Cosmos player. So I will change my vote before long. Just don't know what to change it to yet.

FFNut
01-08-2017, 10:30 PM

No that wasn't the idea, you just each have a Final Fantasy character assigned to you. You are free to roleplay them or not, whichever you prefer, but more importantly to the gameplay your identity determines your appearance and the like and can be used to pinpoint you during narrative writeups. So there is both interest in keeping it secret and revealing it, and you may also be able to pinpoint other players in the writeups by process of elimination if many players are open about it.

Meanwhile...

Chaos looks at this from afar and laughs, as if looking at a naive child putting too much trust in their supposed 'allies'.

Why I think Fynn is Cosmos team. We were basically told so.

Formalhaut
01-08-2017, 10:33 PM
Okay, thanks Karifean. With that knowledge then, what Fox said is broadly accurate. I'd be interesting to ask what people's persona are. I know it isn't obligatory, and people could be lying, but if everyone voices who they are, we might learn something.

Scruffington
01-08-2017, 10:33 PM

The murderer in this instance is a female character. If we're telling the truth about who we are, then Fynn (Noctis), Formy (Kefka) and myself (Cid) can't be the killer. Although we could still be the accomplice of course.

I think that's a fair assessment to make given the wording of the post. However there is still definitely the possibility that someone will lie. Having said that, I don't believe that Fynn or Formy are being deceitful as their character claims are too brazen and easily counter-claimable.

I will reveal my character as Garnet. I understand this could potentially put a target on my back, but I'm willing to do so for the sake of transparency.

Formalhaut
01-08-2017, 10:41 PM

Meanwhile...

Eh, that's probably just an example. It would rather give the game away wouldn't it? I'd wait for Karifean to confirm, but as far as I'm concerned, any post before the official opener post is to be disregarded.

Karifean
01-08-2017, 10:44 PM

Meanwhile...

Eh, that's probably just an example. It would rather give the game away wouldn't it? I'd wait for Karifean to confirm, but as far as I'm concerned, any post before the official opener post is to be disregarded.

That post was made quite a while before identities, roles and alignments were even distributed. >_>

FFNut
01-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Ok I will disregard that post.

Formalhaut
01-08-2017, 10:48 PM
We wouldn't want to let Fynn off the hook so early :p

FFNut
01-08-2017, 10:50 PM
Still don't know who Chaos is, but also a random vote may invoke talk and have them give something up too.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 07:23 AM
I mean, sure, I pushed for No Death. But if you take a look at my reasoning for it, my idea was simply to not kill anyone until we have anything to go with, as I usually play mafia beginning with the night phase. Considering we now have 6 warriors of Cosmos instead of the hypothetical 5, I'd say my reasoning was sound. It was never my intention to refrain from lynching later on. But of course, I could be just saying that, you might think. That aside, do you really think I'd kill someone for disagreeing with my vote, Nutty? Wouldn't make me a very smart guy, would it ;)

Another thing I'd like to talk about is the character identities. I don't really think we can trust what people say in that regard, especially those revealed today. Karifean stated precisely in the rules that we may lie about this, and after the revelation of how detailed the nighttime descriptions are. That said, they're still a bit vague, and we can still assume someone lied about their identity beforehand. So theoretically, even though I said I drew Noctis, that doesn't mean that really is the case. I think the only person we can safely assume is completely honest about their identity is Formy since Keflavik was pretty clearly part of that description. So either he got it or was really lucky in guessing that someone had it - in which case the person who actually got Kefka knows that he's lying. That said, that doesn't mean he's truthful about everything - he could very well be working for Chaos but just decided to do nothing that night. I kind of don't know what to think about Scruffy's revelation, to be honest, since the only person in the description that would match Dagger was the killer. So either he's actually a vanilla townie, which is why he didn't actually get mentioned, laying the cards on the table to prove his innocence, or the actual killer. I need to hear what other people say about him before I can make a decision.

With all that said, so far I'm more or less convinced it was Nutty, however. Unless I missed something, there was no mention of someone who could be Lenna - and no one else - and judging from the previous round, I think it's pretty safe to assume Nutty has a nighttime ability, and I'm pretty sure all abilities were represented in the description. And then there's the fact he was so quick to not only reveal his character, seemingly so as to clear himself of all suspicion, as well as accuse me. Granted, all this could simply be newbie mistakes, but I can't help but feel very suspicious.

I won't cast my vote yet, though, since 1) an early vote didn't seem to win me much fans on the first day :p and 2) I realize my accusation of Nutty may be reactionary to his accusation of me, so I want to see what other people have to say first.

Shauna
01-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Poor qwerty. But I generally disagree that we have to look into why qwerty was killed off. He didn't say anything of any real note. He was a town. He's a threat to the mafia by existing.

Also, it's not really worth anything now that we know admitting our gender could be a potential mark against us - but I am Shadow, that there ninja guy from that one game.

However, this brings me to my next thought. Before it was even thought to be relevant, FFNut threw down he was Lenna. When this was revealed to be a relevant piece of information, Nutty goes from convinced that Fynn was definitely a bad guy with some really flimsy backing, to convinced that Fynn is actually a good guy with even more flimsy reasoning - but hasn't yet unvoted him. You can unvote to a No Vote, there's no reason to keep a vote on someone you supposedly are happy is a good guy. The unclear flip flopping is getting all the red flags raised. A mafia trying to take himself out of the limelight after realising he's drawn all sorts of unnecessary attention to himself? Or just a newbie making mistakes?

Fynn, what do you mean that there was no mention of someone who could be Lenna?

Fynn
01-09-2017, 11:15 AM
I'll explain.

A black-haired adolescent was relaxing in his room, deciding to get some much-needed sleep after the stressful day. An androgynous person who apparently couldn't decide what hair color suited them best was observing them through a crack in the door. When they realized the man was not planning on heading out that night, they decided to leave them alone.

While returning to their room, they passed by a man clad in white armor who was heading into the room right next to theirs. The armored man was met with the smiling face of a girl and decided to keep her company for a while, worried she might get attacked. When the man realized nobody was going to come, he decided to call it a night, casting a protective spell on the room before he left, just in case.

A few corridors away, a blonde man with a confident smile on his face was wandering around, looking for the colorfully clothed man who had drawn much attention to themselves with his creepy way of talking during the day. He found him in his room and decided to make some small talk with him, asking him a few questions while closely observing his mannerisms. They were soon joined by an older man whom both the blonde man and his conversation partner knew. The older man seemed interested in joining their conversation, so they talked for a few hours about their situation. Over time the older man gradually recovered some of his memories regarding the colorful man.

After some time, the men decided it was time to get some sleep, so the blonde man and the older man left the room and went their separate ways, both in a good mood. However, as the blonde man rounded a corner, he was suddenly met with the eerie, unsettling smile of a girl. He instinctively realized the person before him was not his ally and drew his blade, but it was already too late; the girl started chanting and the next thing the man knew he was floating in the air unable to move, and before he could react any further he felt himself being ripped apart. But even that feeling left him only moments after, and he would never move ever again.

qwertysaur has died, he was Seifer, Cosmos-aligned Proud Hero.

Based on this, there are several people who took certain actions at night. Let's see how many we have.

So, in order, we have:
- a black-haired adolescent
- an androgynous person who can't decide on hair color
- a man in white armor
- a girl
- a blond man
- a colorfully clothed man
- an older man
- (another girl?)

Depending on whether the girl described as the killer is the same girl as the one protected earlier, there were seven or eight characters described.

What I meant before was that none of the two girls was explicitly described as pink-haired or anything else that might directly point to Lenna. I didn't mean there wasn't anyone that couldn't be Lenna, but there was no one person mentioned that could only be Lenna. The girl could be Dagger, Porom, Relm, etc.

That said, both might actually be the same girl, or both Nutty and Scruffy could be telling the truth about their identities, so they might be both of the girls described. That would suggest either of them is the killer, unless the mysterious ninth person is another girl. But if you're telling the truth, Shauna, then you are the ninth person because Shadow doesn't appear on this list.

Trying to deduce who these characters are, based on common knowledge of FF and what people have claimed their characters are, here are some possibilities of who each person is:

- black-haired adolescent - Noctis (it could easily be some other guy, like Zack, but considering I've revealed myself as Noctis, I'm guessing this is me)
- androgynous character - most likely Faris (either blond or purple hair depending on artwork - it fits)
- man in white armor - Cecil comes to mind
- a girl - either Lenna or Dagger, if both Scruffy and FFNut are telling the truth
- a blond man - confirmed to be Seifer
- a colorfully clothed man - definitely Kefka
- an older man - Fox's Cid, most likely
- a girl - again, either Lenna or Dagger

If we assume everyone so far has revealed their true identity, that only leaves Shauna's Shadow as unmentioned in the nighttime report.

This would point to either Scruffy or Nutty being the killer. But the problem is, if the girl protected by the knight and the girl who killed Seifer are the same person, that actually leaves two open spaces, and people could be lying.

Of course, cosidering there are roles such as the roleblocker and the switcher, it might be hard to deduce just from that who the Chaos representatives are. And then there's the fact that all the identifying roles - of which we have at least two, unless someone was idle, so Fox's Cid and the now deceased Seifer - can be of either alignment.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 11:17 AM
After another reread, I've noticed there's another "man" described as not leaving the room. If Shauna's telling the truth about her identity, this would most likely be her. This would suggest that she's one of the three people who did not act last night.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Of course, not acting does not need to imply someone is just a vanilla townie. We don't have to use our nighttime ability, after all.

Shauna
01-09-2017, 11:21 AM
That is certainly some digging and analysing you've done! Interesting stuff.

FFNut
01-09-2017, 12:25 PM
I had 47 hours at that time to change my vote and watch to see what others said. Don't know why you would wish me to vote 7 times, or be in such a rush to change it so quickly. Was just waiting to see what people wrote so if I change my vote, I only do it once and not fill the thread with votes making it tougher to get an exact count correct.

Shauna
01-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Just putting some thoughts out here.

The androgynous person investigated the adolescent in some way. Detective, Identifier, Tracker, Watcher? I'm assuming Detective going from what Karifean stated in the OP.

This can surely only be a Protector, the man in the white armour.

I am struggling with this one. Does this mean that qwerty investigated Formalhaut? I am assuming the colourful man who drew attention to himself is Kefka. But then why did the older man get involved? Why are the three of them interacting? What does this mean!? Is this just fluff to throw us off? I doubt it as they are an accurate account of what happened in the night. Any ideas what this interaction means?

Shauna
01-09-2017, 01:04 PM
Actually scratch that thought on the Detective, there could be another investigative role in play. I don't even know why I said it.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 01:10 PM
I'm guessing the old man is Fox, and that both he and Qwerty investigated Formy.

FFNut
01-09-2017, 01:11 PM
I am thinking the same as Fynn in that regard.

Fox
01-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Bear in mind I'm Cid, so I could change from day to day! Last night I was an old man, tomorrow I could be an Oglop, it's up to Kari-chan!

Shauna
01-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Could be. I think the wording of it is throwing me off, as it seems to imply that there is somehow interactions between the three of them together. But when I read it a bit closer - the blond man was investigating the colourful man. And the old man got some information about the colourful man too. So there's no direct link stated between the blond man and the old man.

Drew all the aggro yesterday, Formy! :p

Shauna
01-09-2017, 01:15 PM
So if you were the old man, are you confirming that you investigated Formy last night, Fox?

Fynn
01-09-2017, 01:19 PM
Here's a list of potential roles these people could have:

Roleblocker
A Chaos-aligned role (in this game at least). Can block the ability of another player every night. Whatever night action the chosen player may have decided to do, it will not go through.

Detective
A Cosmos-aligned role. Can choose someone every night to investigate. The Detective will then be privately informed of the chosen player's alignment.

Identifier
Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to investigate. The Identifier will then be privately informed of the chosen player's identity. They will not be informed of their role or ability.

Tracker
Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to track. The Tracker will then be privately informed of who the chosen player used their ability on that night (if anyone). They will not be informed of anything but the chosen player's username.

Watcher
Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to watch. The Watcher will then be privately informed of who used an ability on the chosen player that night. They will not be informed of anything but those players' usernames.

I think it's a good idea to separate those two categories into two groups - one that could potentially have been used by Faris, and the other two by Cid and Seifer (using names I assume were right but don't have to be, but it's still easier than using "androgynous person", etc.)

I think Faris could be any one of the above roles, but my best bet is the roleblocker, watcher, and tracker, since those three involve the actions of the players rather than their identities.

Cid and Seifer could very well be any role aside from the roleblocker, I think, but I think the detective and investigator are the most likely, since they've been described as confronting Kefka and probing for information.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 01:23 PM
Now that I've mulled it over, I don't think Faris is a roleblocker, either. Judging by the description, I'm fairly confident they're a tracker at this point, since they've been described as watching what Noctis is doing, not what is being done to Noctis.

FFNut
01-09-2017, 01:40 PM
I have been looking and re-reading again, and again. Now the man in white armor saved me with a protection spell on night one. Lenna being Vanillia in this game has no powers of her own so putting out a vote got people talking as that is the only way for me/her to gather information. If all is who they say they are we have two girls, one a killer.

People could have lied to us of course as I suspect one person isn't who they say they are.

Shauna
01-09-2017, 01:41 PM
How do you know it was you who was protected?

Fynn
01-09-2017, 01:43 PM
People could have lied to us of course as I suspect one person isn't who they say they are.

Just one? :p

FFNut
01-09-2017, 01:47 PM
I am going off two girls, one a killer. I am the other female character. That is if no one is lying about their identity. I can only assume using logic that it was me that was saved. That being said I do believe someone is lying about their identity (which is permitted within the rules of the game) and I think I know who is to keep a target off thus persons back.

FFNut
01-09-2017, 01:50 PM
That being said I have decided to change my vote off Fynn as the vote as Shauna pointed out was a little washy. However it had its desired effect in getting people to talk and pointed to a suspect for me. I will hold off changing it until latter however as I wish for the day time to continue.

Shauna
01-09-2017, 01:50 PM
Protectors can protect mafia. There is also nothing stopping the person who was protected also being a killer. You're making incredible leaps here to tell us that you are 100% vanilla with no possible night activities. :p

Fynn
01-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Yeah, that's why I said I'm not entirely sure if there is actually one or two girls. It is quite likely that the girl who was protected by the knight and the girl that did the killing were one and the same.

FFNut
01-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Very true I will accept your assessment there, but I have given the true reason for the quick vote on Fynn. It was simply for getting the information needed to get information. Why else would I just toss a vote that fast? The thread is the only way I can gather any information.

Shauna
01-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Karifean referred to people the same throughout the flavour text. The blond man was the blonde man throughout, as was the old man. A girl was referred to the same way in both the protect and the kill description. Lends support to the idea that the girl mentioned in both paragraphs are the same. Or maybe it is a red herring.

That doesn't mean that there is only one girl in play though. If we assume that the girl is the same in both, that brings a total to 7 players mentioned. Two players did nothing during the night. One of them could be a girl.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Very true I will accept your assessment there, but I have given the true reason for the quick vote on Fynn. It was simply for getting the information needed to get information. Why else would I just toss a vote that fast? The thread is the only way I can gather any information.

I'm only here on a lunch break so I'll get back to this formally once work ends. I will say two things quickly while I'm here. Firstly, I am getting increasingly suspicious of FFNut. I can kinda understand the whole 'vote anyone for the sake of conversation' line, but st the same time: it is making you very suspicious, especially as you now retract your vote in the face of reasonable doubt. As a town, not being suspicious is probably the most important thing for your side, because a townie getting lynched is not helpful for town. Honestly, I wasn't entirely successful in that during my first day, so I can't blame you here, but at least I didn't spuriously vote someone or announce I had a night activity.

My second point is related: Christ was I really that suspicious to be investigated twice? I suppose it makes sense as I was Day One's bandwagon target. You would want to confirm whether or not the person closest to lynch was mafia or not. I await Fox's announcement, if we're assuming Fox is the old man.

Fox
01-09-2017, 02:21 PM
My second point is related: Christ was I really that suspicious to be investigated twice? I suppose it makes sense as I was Day One's bandwagon target. You would want to confirm whether or not the person closest to lynch was mafia or not. I await Fox's announcement, if we're assuming Fox is the old man.

As you said; it was just clown profiling. Nothing personal!

Freya
01-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Oh wow, you guys have talked a lot. I was kind of busy all weekend (I got minecraft for the ps4 and got lost in caves so I had to live there for hours on end.)

I'll have to go over all the posts since the day started but wow, the flavor text seemed to give a lot away. That's new.

FFNut
01-09-2017, 02:51 PM
So going off FF logic this is what I am taking off of the events of the night.

A girl was the killer.

The old man may have been Cid, Seifer knew him and Cid was the SeeD head master.

The man in the White Armor could be be Cecil, Firion.

There is a few more things I am wondering about as either Fynn wasn't alone, or the person watching him was with someone else.

Shauna
01-09-2017, 03:00 PM
There is a few more things I am wondering about as either Fynn wasn't alone, or the person watching him was with someone else.

Can you elaborate here? I have no idea what part referred to Fynn?

Shauna
01-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Also I thought you were "a girl". Admitting you did something bad, eh? :p

FFNut
01-09-2017, 03:11 PM
If you read it kept saying they and ther. Reading again I am convinced the multi coloured hair person who watched Fynn was the one not alone. Also I am not convinced you are indeed shadow. Convenient after the killer was called a female you come off as a male shrouded in mystery. You also point the finger to a female and push as to get the daytime vote for a Cosmo, so they do the work for you while you get a free kill now then a kill in the night. Very Chaos of you really.

Freya
01-09-2017, 03:19 PM

I'm going to focus on this.

We had two people investigating formy, or the colorful creepy talking clown man.

The Blonde man went to Formy. They had some small talk and the Blonde man asked questions.

Then an older man joins them. They apparently know him? Then the old man "recovered" some of his memories by talking to formy?

Shauna said they don't know each other but then there's the part where the blonde man and the colorful man know the old man?

They were soon joined by an older man whom both the blonde man and his conversation partner knew.

So i'm not sure how they "know" each other. Because I was under the impression we only have 2 chaos aligned people in a game of this size. So if they both knew the older man, that would be all three of them chaos and that's too many. So I'm wondering if the "knew him" is more of a throw away line.

Over time the older man gradually recovered some of his memories regarding the colorful man.

This line shows that the old man learn something, or "remembered" something about the colorful man so they probably aren't aligned.

Seifer being the blonde man, he got nuked and was cosmos aligned. So how would he have "known" the older man. That's just throwing me for a loop.

Some of you already dissected this but I wanted to get all my thoughts in order about it.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 03:19 PM
I mean, that is a fair point. Shauna did announce her character at a pretty convenient spot.

Freya
01-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Bear in mind I'm Cid, so I could change from day to day! Last night I was an old man, tomorrow I could be an Oglop, it's up to Kari-chan!

If you are cid, if you are the old man, what did you find when you interacted with "the colorful man"?

FFNut
01-09-2017, 03:23 PM
I am thinking the older man is Cid. It works with both Seifer, and Kefka as Cid was the person who gave Kefka his power, and also was Seifer's head Master.

Freya
01-09-2017, 03:26 PM
So if you were the old man, are you confirming that you investigated Formy last night, Fox?

If you are cid, if you are the old man, what did you find when you interacted with "the colorful man"?

I did not see shauna had already asked this, but fox didn't answer it.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 03:30 PM
I also distinctly remember asking for Fox "to confirm", but no official confirmation had been given. I mean, it isn't as if Fox/Cid is screaming to anyone who will listen that I am mafia, but he is being suspiciously closed about the result of the investigation.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Actually, yeah, now that I read the thing again, there is actually no talk of a ninth person.

-black-haired adolescent gets watched
-androgynous person watches
-knight in white armor protects
-girl is protected
-another (or same) girl kills
-blond guy watches colorful man, is killed
-old man watches colorful man, lives
-colofrul man is watches

Out of this, we know that five people performed actions - the androgynous person, the knight (supposedly male), the girl (non-descript), the old man, and Seifer (who died). We also have two to three more people who had actions performed on them. There's the adolescent, the colorful man, and the girl, if she isn't the same girl that was the killer.

That means, there were 7 to 8 people described, depending on whether there was one or two little girls. That means, we have no tangible evidence on who on or two people are.

The people who revealed their identities after the murder were Scruffington, FFNut, and Shauna. Honestly, the smartest move in this case, if you were to lie about your identity, would be to reveal yourself as someone who isn;t the killer, nor appeared in the description. That way, you can take on a false identity without risking being exposed as a fraud. Nutty and Scruffy both revealed their identities as girls, but if both of the references to a girl in the description pertain to one character, we could potentially have two more girls that haven't been revealed. Therefore, Shauna could actually be another girl - the one who actually did the murder. Or perhaps just another girl but she still chose to lie in order to protect herself.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 03:34 PM
You guys do realize that anything he reveals could work against him, whether it's from Cosmos or Chaos?

Aside from the Detective, the investigative roles can be any of the two alignments. Whatever he knows, he's the safest from his opposing side if he keeps it to himself. That way, he can gently nudge you in the right direction if he's Cosmos, and quietly sabotage everything at night if he's Chaos.

Shauna
01-09-2017, 03:40 PM
I think it's more likely that they and their are being used in the singular sense. Why do you think it would refer to more than one person?

Is it Chaos to question the thoughts and actions of any player? You are the one who is erratically posting with claims grabbed from all over the shop.

You claim to have a skill. But not really because you were just asking a question.

In the space of 27 minutes you go from being convinced that Fynn is bad, to being convinced that he is good, and based on... nothing, really. Your evidence that he was bad was flimsy, and your evidence was written off as not relevant. Yet you are still now of the opinion that Fynn is good. Why? Technically nothing has changed since your initial vote, yet you no longer greatly suspect Fynn. What changed in your head?

You're not in a rush to change votes or even remove your vote from the now-innocent-in-your-eyes Fynn, but you're in a rush to get your first vote out within 31 minutes of the day starting. Why is there a rush for your vote to be out, but not for any other voting actions? You say you needed to do this, but why?

You claim you are the girl who was protected. When asked about this, you remind us that you are definitely vanilla town with no choice but to vote immediately despite this having no relation to what you're being asked about. In fact, I still don't know why you think you were the protected one. But that doesn't matter anymore because now you are not the protected girl because the protected girl is the murderer.

You bounce all over the place, and I am struggling to follow your line of thinking. I am asking questions for you to clarify what the heck is going on in your head. Yet, you are getting defensive, going back to things nobody has mentioned in hours and pointing your finger at me, instead of just answering the questions.

Freya
01-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Man this is throwing me for a loop. How does Kefka know Cid? Seifer would know Old Man Cid via the games they're from but Kefka wouldn't know Cid but Cid "Remembers" things about Kefka.

Unless Cid's flavor of "knowing" things about people is flavor texty. That Fox does "change" cids. Because as a Cid you're in every game, and you know everything about each game and it's characters.

Shauna
01-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Fox also revealed he was Cid after the murder, and has been happily going along with our assumption that he did an investigation. Could be riding the wave of this potentially wrong assumption!

Also yes, I said who I was. I don't think there would ever be any safe time to reveal that after what we uncovered. But it is what it is.

Shauna
01-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Also my big post up there was to FFNut, in case it wasn't clear. xD

Fynn
01-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Pretty sure that aside from the basic roles we can surmise, the description is pretty much just flavor-texty.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I got it, and mine was a response to Freya XD

There might not have been a safer time, true, but there was also no real reason to reveal your identity at this point aside from defending yourself from accusations. Freya and AK are actually yet to reveal their identities, and though I'm pretty certain as to what AK's is, it's you and Freya that kind of have me doubting which one of you has been revealed in the text, and which one is in the shadow.

While FFNut's repeated claims really do feel suspicious, I still think there's a possibility that these are just newbie mistakes. And if after knowing that the killer is a little girl you still reveal yourself as a little girl, you might just have nothing to hide, hence I'm getting less and less suspicious of the confirmed girls at this point.

Freya
01-09-2017, 03:48 PM
I dunno, i'm pretty confident now that if Fox is Cid, and that is accurate, that I've figured out his role :monster: I should have kept that all to myself now in hindsight to not out him.... but meh :gator: it's been posted, can't edit it out or anything.

That is, if Fox is actually cid and cid is the old man referred to and the flavor text aligns with his role the way I'm thinking it does.

I mean, a knight as a protector? These roles fit their identities. It would make sense that Cid knows everyone but just has to "remember" it when using their action.

FFNut
01-09-2017, 03:58 PM
I still don't believe Shauna is Shadow. She really is drawing at strings to point a finger. Don't think we would be told the killer was a woman if there are only two woman in play in this game. Wondering about a vote why I haven't changed it yet? I have already said why and it would go with logic that my reasonings were sound on not changing it yet. Still find it very convenient that no matter what I type you draw at staws to poke holes and point a defining finger my way as to influence a vote to lynch without casting the vote yourself.

Like I said and openly admitted that my vote for Fynn knowing it could be removed was to find out information as I have no night powers. It has however pointed to a false identity and someone who wants Cosmos to kill no matter what.

Scruff and I both knew we were putting a target on our back as a female, but I did it not as a mistake, but to rather show that I am indeed a Cosmos player with nothing to hide.

You our however has hidden everything about yourself in the game. I'm that Shadow guy... From that one game... You mean a guy who hides in the shadows and kills? It's like you subconsciously picked a killer being a killer yourself

Was going to wait a few hours but

##Vote: Shauna

Fynn
01-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Alright then. so far we have:

Shauna: 1/5 (FFNut)

Shauna
01-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Newbie mistakes are always something I keep in mind, but at the same time if you disregard everything that is ever done as a newbie mistakes then it can make an easy scum slipping under the radar. When do you stop handwaving weird posting behaviour as newbie stress? It is a difficult question to answer! And anyway, he revealed he was Lenna before it was truly highlighted that the flavour text was more than just fluff.

Nobody had any reason to reveal anything. Honestly, I chose to because it was asked of me. I have nothing to hide. This obviously only goes as far as any trust for me (which should be low) but, as I said, it is what it is.

And again, FFNut doesn't really answer any questions, and instead points more fingers and insists that asking questions and getting clarification is evil. Remember kids, talking is the only tool we have, and if doing so is seen as a bad thing...

Fynn
01-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Nobody had any reason to reveal anything. Honestly, I chose to because it was asked of me. I have nothing to hide. This obviously only goes as far as any trust for me (which should be low) but, as I said, it is what it is.

It actually wasn't. You specifically said you're doing it because the gender of our character could become a source of suspicion, without anyone asking you the question ;)

Shauna
01-09-2017, 04:17 PM
It occurs to me as I look at the remains of my dearly departed... I won't say friend - it was Seifer after all - but all, that we haven't all yet been introduced. Those of you who have kept your identity secret until now, would you be so kind as to introduce yourselves?

Here's the request that I mentioned happened.

Also, it's not really worth anything now that we know admitting our gender could be a potential mark against us - but I am Shadow, that there ninja guy from that one game.

And here's my response. I don't really see how your version of events could be gleaned here, but if you want to elaborate?

Fynn
01-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Ah, I stand corrected. Haven't noticed that.

Fox
01-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Fox also revealed he was Cid after the murder, and has been happily going along with our assumption that he did an investigation. Could be riding the wave of this potentially wrong assumption!

Also yes, I said who I was. I don't think there would ever be any safe time to reveal that after what we uncovered. But it is what it is.

In case it matters, I had already told you I was Cid before the murder as well.

I did indeed do an investigation, although I would like to keep the results of it to myself for now. I've already shown some of my cards, I'd like to keep my skill at least partially ambiguous for the time being!

Shauna
01-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Haha, you totally did. It being in image form allowed it to be completely omitted from my brain. Apologies!

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Heading back home now. I've been keeping tabs with developments throughout the day, and I'll give where I'm at soon.

Aerith's Knight
01-09-2017, 05:52 PM
I don't think it's worth it to look at character descriptions. We don't have alt accounts, nor multiple factions, so it won't do much. We won't find out the gender or whatever until the person is deceased, and at that point we know what the alignment is already.

Of course, in context of your own gender and role, you could probably find out something. Or try to anyway. Interesting stuff, I think we should keep this type of descriptions, even in games with an alt account.

So, a new day, a new lynch. Let's get this started then. I haven't forgotten, Freya! : D

##vote: Freya

Just to get things rolling. I've got a feeling she was covering for Formalhaut, and the two are dirty mafia! But then again, as everyone knows I'm me, my judgement is rarely to be trusted.

Hmm, apparently I forgot to read the last page, I'll do that now.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 05:57 PM
I'm back! I'll re-read through various things and go from there.

Aerith's Knight
01-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Alright, pfew, got through most of it.

Considering that Fynn was watched and nobody cried fuss about it, we can probably be sure that Fynn is a townie. I base this mostly on the fact that there are 2 mafia, and both have roles. And I'm guessing one was doing the killing, and the other using its power. Speculation, but grounded in (mafia) reality, I'd say.

Fynn is now my bro.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Alright, pfew, got through most of it.

Considering that Fynn was watched and nobody cried fuss about it, we can probably be sure that Fynn is a townie. I base this mostly on the fact that there are 2 mafia, and both have roles. And I'm guessing one was doing the killing, and the other using its power. Speculation, but grounded in (mafia) reality, I'd say.

Fynn is now my bro.

Well on that logic I was investigated twice and no-one kicked up a fuss about that. :p

I think it is safe to assume that both mafia probably have a power role. It'd just be rather unbalanced for there to be a mafia member with no role whatsoever. Furthermore, while there might be time to not use a power role during night, I don't see the first night role to be a time to restrain yourself. Thus, I agree both mafia used a power role last night. It'd be highly unusual for the mafia to not utilise what they have.

FFNut
01-09-2017, 06:09 PM
I agree with Formy here. If you had a power, why not use it. I am also saying this as thinking that the Choas know who each other is.

Scruffington
01-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Sorry for the inactivity. I have a few thoughts on how things have transpired so far.

The 'androgynous' person: If this does refer to Faris, this means that there are in fact three females in the game. Not two (the other claims being Lenna and myself as Garnet).
What this means is that if you suspect a girl committed the killing as the death post indicates, there are actually at least three possible culprits based off of the character profiles.

Roles in the game: I think people are looking into the death post too heavily. A lot of the time these posts are just for flavor or story purposes, and the actions performed don't necessarily reflect the roles present in the game. If the post did reveal roles present in the game, I think far too much information would be revealed. I definitely think that some of the mafia staples like the Doctor and Sheriff are present, but I wouldn't read too much into them.

Possible mafia roles: Since we don't know Seifer's specific role, it's entirely plausible that one of the mafia roles is a Janitor. They would be able to conceal the body's identity and prevent town from learning what he was. Of course it's also possible that the host simply doesn't reveal the identity of a player when they die. I also think there's a possibility of there being a Disguiser in the mafia. This would allow them to swap identities with another player, making the kill appearing as though it were performed by someone else. I don't have any basis for believing this to be the case, but it's still plausible.

Me personally, I believe there is one Janitor and one vanilla mafia. There would likely have to be at least one vanilla mafia considering the smaller number of players. The other role would likely be supportive or deceptive, with the Janitor fitting that description.

Suspects: I don't want to just throw more ambiguity out there, so I'll share some of my thoughts on who I suspect. If there is someone who is lying about their identity, I would suspect Shauna. Shadow is a character that seems the safest to lie about with the least likelihood of being counter-claimed, however it doesn't exactly fit in with the game's characters so far. If we believe the rest of people's claims, most of the characters are part of the main cast of their games. AFAIK Shadow is not really a part of the main crew in VI.

I also think that if it is the case that a female character really did kill qwertysaur, then it is logically between myself, FFNut, or an as of yet unidentified Faris. If someone claimed that character role, I must have missed it.

Freya
01-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Roles in the game: I think people are looking into the death post too heavily. A lot of the time these posts are just for flavor or story purposes, and the actions performed don't necessarily reflect the roles present in the game. If the post did reveal roles present in the game, I think far too much information would be revealed. I definitely think that some of the mafia staples like the Doctor and Sheriff are present, but I wouldn't read too much into them.

No they're accurate descriptions. Karifean confirmed it. So we do need to pay attention to them. It is not just flavor text/story purpose.

I have a question about these write-ups. They're fantastic Karifean, but when you mention the gender, or a hair colour or whatever: are they an accurate portrayal, or a sort of 'story' concept that we shouldn't take as gospel?

They are an accurate recounting of the events that transpired during the night.

As for the roles, scruff, Karifean also posted them in the intro thread of what they could possibly be.

Here's the spoiler from the first post.

Murderer
A Chaos-aligned role. Can kill someone every night. The chosen player is eliminated from the game unless protected by the Protector in the same night. The murderer cannot kill themselves.

Roleblocker

Lackey
A Chaos-aligned role. Can kill someone every night, but only one Lackey may perform a kill per night. If multiple Lackeys decide to do a kill they will all fail, so make sure to communicate. One Lackey being eliminated does not hamper the other Lackeys' ability to kill.

Detective

Protector
A Cosmos-aligned role. Can choose someone every night to protect. The chosen player is immune to being killed by the Murderer or Lackeys for this single night. The same player may be chosen repeatedly, but the Protector cannot protect themselves.

Switcher
Appears on either alignment. Can choose two people every night to switch. Night actions targeting one will target the other instead, and vice versa.

Identifier

Tracker

Watcher

Vanilla
Appears on either alignment. Has no special abilities.

Unless specified otherwise you cannot target yourself with your ability. If you end up targeting yourself anyways due to the Switcher switching you and your intended target, your ability will simply fail.

And what roles will be in this game?

The Chaos side will definitely consist of either one Murderer and a supplementary role or two Lackeys. The supplementary role may be the Roleblocker, but it may also be any of the other 'either alignment' roles in the game.

The Cosmos side will definitely consist of at least a Detective, a Protector and one Vanilla player. The other Cosmos-aligned players may be any role that is not explicitly Chaos-aligned, including more Vanilla players.

Shauna
01-09-2017, 06:29 PM
On top of what Freya has said, Karifean specified in his OP that the roles of each individual would not be revealed:

When a player is eliminated, their identity and alignment is openly revealed but their ability is not. You'll have to deduce what abilities remain in the game by yourselves.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 06:30 PM
I mean, yeah, they're accurate, but I don't think their lore has anything to do with the characters. So I don't really think CID "remembering" anything about the victim has any relevance. Unless we are supposed to imagine him as Cid Kramer because some detail from his appearance may play a role in a future reveal?

Fynn
01-09-2017, 06:33 PM
On top of what Freya has said, Karifean specified in his OP that the roles of each individual would not be revealed:

So that would mean that we are missing either a detective or an identifier. So that leaves CID as the other. Depending on what that role is, he may be guaranteed Cosmos, or potentially Chaos. While Faris is either a tracker or a roadblocker, I think, making them another potential Chaos member.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Okay, thanks Karifean. With that knowledge then, what Fox said is broadly accurate. I'd be interesting to ask what people's persona are. I know it isn't obligatory, and people could be lying, but if everyone voices who they are, we might learn something.

Yeah, just to confirm to everyone that both me and Fox did kinda ask people to say who they were. I'm not putting much stock into them, because people could be lying or claiming something they are not. It is interesting though discussing the members here who have always claimed who they are (not knowing how much detail would be in write-ups), and those who claimed post-reveal.

I'm not saying everyone who claimed a persona post-reveal are Mafia, but it is definitely something to keep in mind as more details come through.

I think the only person we can safely assume is completely honest about their identity is Formy since Keflavik was pretty clearly part of that description. So either he got it or was really lucky in guessing that someone had it - in which case the person who actually got Kefka knows that he's lying. That said, that doesn't mean he's truthful about everything - he could very well be working for Chaos but just decided to do nothing that night.

Maybe I've not played enough Mafia games, but what does not doing anything gain? Especially so early on. I mean, if you're mafia, it's day six, and the heat is on you, then sure, but at Day One, it doesn't make sense not to do anything.

Poor qwerty. But I generally disagree that we have to look into why qwerty was killed off. He didn't say anything of any real note. He was a town. He's a threat to the mafia by existing.

True enough. As the days linger on though, it'd be worth considering how active that person was in conversation, to see whether they had any theories that would've spooked the mafia, or another reason. At this stage, it could very well be a 'eh, he'll do'.

Here's a list of potential roles these people could have:

Roleblocker

Detective

Identifier

Tracker

Watcher

Can I just say those five similar but different roles confuse the heck out of me.

Scruffington
01-09-2017, 06:36 PM
That's kind of stupid. The formatting of the initial post in this thread is awful; I literally didn't even see the role list until just now.

I also think that the death post revealed way too much information. There's no way everyone should have access to who was investigated by whom, who was protected, etc.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Still, most of those roles can be any alignment, unlike in regular mafia where specific alignments have specific roles. It still makes things vague, just in a different fashion.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Yeah, the majority of the roles are either/or. There's still plenty of room for debate in these.

Scruffington
01-09-2017, 06:45 PM
Yeah, the majority of the roles are either/or. There's still plenty of room for debate in these.

I disagree. Why would mafia have multiple abilities in a game with only ~7 town? I think at least one mafia has an ability, but the other would likely just be vanilla. It would make the game broken otherwise.

The game is honestly completely broken at this point. We have a bunch of character claims, known roles, and now we can see who performed which action against whom in the death post?

Aerith's Knight
01-09-2017, 06:46 PM
I also think that if it is the case that a female character really did kill qwertysaur, then it is logically between myself, FFNut, or an as of yet unidentified Faris. If someone claimed that character role, I must have missed it.

Good point. I hadn't noticed that you guys claimed the girl roles. 1 in 3 chance is not bad. Especially since I have not much else to go on now.

##unvote: Freya

Hmmmmm... Normally I would vote FFnut, as you wouldn't point it out if it incriminates you in a way. But you are a veteran mafia player, by your own account, so I don't know... You could be misleading... Or banking on the mysterious third. For now, though:

##vote: Scruffington

Scruffy will die the way he lived.

*opens boobie magazine*

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 06:49 PM
The game is honestly completely broken at this point. We have a bunch of character claims, known roles, and now we can see who performed which action against whom in the death post?

Yet nothing concrete. If the game was broken we'd know who was who. As it happens, there's plenty of doubt still bubbling away.

And we have a list of potential roles that are included, but not a clue who might be who. And character claiming is basically role claiming. I mean, yes, this game is run rather differently from how I've played it before, but I wouldn't say it is a bad thing. I'd certainly wait until after the game was finished before providing feedback.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Well, since the votes are rolling out, and people can still change them later on, I guess it's time to

##vote: Shauna

The way she pointed at Nutty makes a lot of sense now that I consider the option that she might be the third girl in disguise. Since Scruffy and Nutty went out of their way to reveal that they're girls despite knowing that the killer was a girl, and Shauna followed after with a statement that she's Shadow, which cannot be proven in any way since he wasn't in the narrative, this seems like the soundest choice at the moment. I might still change my vote should someone convince me otherwise, but so far it really makes sense to me.

Aerith's Knight
01-09-2017, 06:55 PM
Saying your gendel/role/whatever first doesn't make you cosmos. Classic mafia move.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 06:55 PM
Other candidates I feel would fit are Freya and Aerith's Knight since they have both stayed silent when it comes to revealing their identities, though I have my personal suspicions in that regard. Again, might be completely off the mark, but that's the way I see it at the moment.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 06:59 PM
By that logic, Nutty is still more suspicious than Scruffy in that regard, IMO. He was first and was so happy to share with us all that he's vanilla. Still, I still kinda think that might have been a newbie mistake that Shauna used to her advantage. I can see Scruffy's move as being an attempt to make it more evident that he's Cosmos, but in my opinion he's still not off the hook. It's just that the others are sending me way more red flags.

Scruffington
01-09-2017, 07:10 PM
Let me just break this down with a game-breaking post:

-black-haired adolescent gets watched
This is Noctis (Fynn), who was watched by someone

-androgynous person watches
This is Faris (???), a "watcher"

-knight in white armor protects
This is (???), a Doctor

-girl is protected
This is either Lenna (FFNut) or Garnet (myself)

-another (or same) girl kills
This is either Lenna (FFNut), Garnet (myself) or Faris (???)

-blond guy watches colorful man, is killed
This is Seifer (qwertysaur), who watched Kefka (Formalhaut)

-old man watches colorful man, lives
This is Cid (Fox), who watched Kefka (Formalhaut)

-colofrul man is watched
This is Kefka (Formalhaut)

Based off of this, we can conclude a multitude of roles:

Noctis (Fynn) did not appear to perform an action.
Seifer (qwertysaur) watched someone. He is a Detective, Watcher, Tracker, or Identifier.
Garnet (Scruffington) did not appear to perform an action.
Cid (Fox) watched someone. He is a Detective, Watcher, Tracker, or Identifier.
Kefka (Formalhaut) was watched and did not appear to perform an action.
Lenna (FFNut) did not appear to perform an action.
Shadow (Shauna) did not appear to perform an action.
(Faris) watched someone. She is a Detective, Watcher, Tracker, or Identifier.
(???) protected Lenna, Faris or Garnet. They are a Doctor.

This means that we have three confirmed investigative roles and players:
Seifer (qwertysaur), Cid (Fox) and Faris (???).

We have a confirmed Doctor:
Freya (???)

And a few players who did not perform any actions:
Garnet (Scruffington), Noctis (Fynn), Lenna (FFNut), Kefka (Formalhaut), and Shadow (Shauna).

Out of this pool of five players who did not perform an action:
- 1 is a Detective, Watcher, Tracker, or Identifier
- 1 is a Murderer
- 1 is a Lackey
- 1 is a Roleblocker
- 1 is a Vanilla Town
- 1 is a Switcher

Since the mafia has a supplementary role, 2/5 of these positions must be mafia. This also means that 2/5 of the following players are mafia:
Garnet (Scruffington), Noctis (Fynn), Lenna (FFNut), Kefka (Formalhaut), and Shadow (Shauna).

This is why you don't reveal so much in the death post. This game is over.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 07:10 PM
I want to discuss my thoughts about who is trending suspicious for me:

FFNut: It's almost too obvious at this point, which has the effect of making me question how genuinely Mafia-like he is. The thing is: if Nutty is Mafia, his Mafia partner must be advising him against further penalty. If Nutty was Mafia, tripping up once is acceptable, understandable. If I was his partner, I'd be telling him to stay low, don't say [x], don't vote for [x], especially knowing that Nutty is new to Mafia. If they were communicating like they should be, Nutty shouldn't be making so many obvious, subsequent suspicious errors.

Which is why I'm torn. On the one hand, Nutty is an obvious candidate for lynch. On the other hand, if he was Mafia, I'm honestly surprised his Mafia partner hasn't told him to stay low. It's tricky. It might be the case that the suspicion gets too much and I'll vote for Nutty, but it almost seems too obvious.

Aerith's Knight: Pops in, votes, leaves. Aerith's Day One vote was for the bandwagon, Day Two has seen a very early vote for Freya because she was covering for me, yet links to no posts that may hint at that. He seems very sure I'm Mafia. The reasoning seems decent enough on paper, but there wasn't a lot of evidence for it. He's posting more though, which is good. I kinda want to see more from him.

Shauna: Her votes for FFNut seem so obvious. On Day One, she encourages a Formalhaut bandwagon, devoting two paragraphs as to my suspicion, before deciding to vote for FFNut, which wouldn't have amounted to much, and didn't. I'm only half suspicious of this because Shauna did say why she was voting for Nutty, for all the reasons covered elsewhere. But encouraging one bandwagon while voting for another is a decent way to draw attention off of yourself if said bandwagon turns out to be town.

Otherwise, her obsession with FFNut is something to watch. Shauna has been commenting on other business, but being inquisitorial towards FFNut has been my main impression of her posts, having not trawled through all the pages because who has time for that? Claiming Shadow is suspicious but not damning.

Scruffy: What posts aren't ranting about the game (sorry!) are fairly astute, though most seem to draw on existing Mafia knowledge. I'd like to hear more about his thoughts on individuals. He's certainly experienced, I'd like to see him talk more.

Freya: Hard to get a read on. I haven't really looked at her posts properly yet. Whether or not that's a good thing or not kinda depends.

Fox: Been rather quiet. Went on a bandwagon in Day One. I don't remember any obvious posts today. Ugh, my memory is bad.

Fynn: Has the least red flags in my opinion. There's not really much else to say, really. Not many red flags crop up.

Freya
01-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Remember that moment when I said "I'm not big on revealing much in flavor text." And Scruffington was all, no I'm going to argue this a lot!

Good times scruff.

Scruffington
01-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Remember that moment when I said "I'm not big on revealing much in flavor text." And Scruffington was all, no I'm going to argue this a lot!

Good times scruff.

OOC: That wasn't what I was arguing for, though.

My whole point was just to clarify which faction performs kills. That was literally it. Not "girl killed x" but "mafia/Serial Killer killed x". And investigations should always be PM'd, never revealed openly to the public.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 07:24 PM
OOC: but they're not completely revealed - no one really knows what Seifer, CID, and Faris found out!

Freya
01-09-2017, 07:24 PM
To be honest though, Identities are NOT revealed. Everything everyone is telling you could be a lie on their identity. They could be Tidus and say they are Cloud. Or whatever. It's pretty trusting to assume everything is who they say they are.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Or we could you know, play the game, let it end, give feedback and make for an even better Mafia game next time.

Scruffington
01-09-2017, 07:28 PM
To be honest though, Identities are NOT revealed. Everything everyone is telling you could be a lie on their identity. They could be Tidus and say they are Cloud. Or whatever. It's pretty trusting to assume everything is who they say they are.

They aren't revealed, but I have no reason to doubt anyone's claims. They didn't reveal their roles after all; just their characters. It just so happens that their character's actions were revealed in the death post, thus exposing their role within the game.

FFNut
01-09-2017, 07:30 PM
I also thought I was able to explain any questions towards me. If not feel free to ask again and I will answer.

Freya
01-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Yeah let's take all talk ABOUT the mafia gameplay to the other thread and leave this one for actual game discussion. Sorry if I encouraged that behavior.

Scruffington
01-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Also we can confirm now that Aerith's Knight is Faris. Freya is the Doctor and cannot be Faris.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Also we can confirm now that Aerith's Knight is Faris. Freya is the Doctor and cannot be Faris.

But Aerith's Knight is Aerith!

Fynn
01-09-2017, 07:35 PM
The reason to doubt them is very simple - this is mafia. Trust no one.

Seven to eight characters were revealed - that leaves one or two people that can claim to be whatever they want for now. Then there are two characters whom we do not know which players they are. That leaves us with four people - out of eight - with identities that could be completely false.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 07:36 PM

How?

Fox
01-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Honestly I dunno how anyone can be suspicious of an old Oglop who went to space in Balamb Garden.

I don't have super compelling suspicions any way in particular right now other than FFNut whose reasoning seems to change with the direction of the wind, and I definitely don't think I would be able to take a reasonable guess at who the 2nd (non-murdering) Mafia member is. The only thing I know with confidence is that the killer was a female character, so I'm tempted to take a crack at lynching someone we suspect to be a female character.

...That paragraph sounded a lot more like a literal witch hunt than I had anticipated.

Scruffington
01-09-2017, 07:46 PM

How?

Sorry, I meant to clarify my post. It's not 100% which of Aerith's Knight or Freya is the Doctor, but it's a 50/50. I believe it's Freya. And it ultimately does not matter who has what role, because both are town.

Fynn
01-09-2017, 07:48 PM
So just to sum up the votes we have thus far:

Shauna - 2/5 (FFNut, Fynn)

Scruffington - 1/5 (Aerith's Knight)

Freya - 0/5 Aerith's Knight

Fynn
01-09-2017, 07:50 PM

How?

Sorry, I meant to clarify my post. It's not 100% which of Aerith's Knight or Freya is the Doctor, but it's a 50/50. I believe it's Freya. And it ultimately does not matter who has what role, because both are town.

Not really, since Faris can still very well be Chaos-aligned. Cecil (I think) is the one we can be sure of.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Wait, there's a Cecil?

Fynn
01-09-2017, 07:53 PM
I mean, at least I assume the knight in white armor is Cecil.

Freya
01-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Maybe White isn't literal? Could be like... just shining? Maybe it's Steiner!

Fynn
01-09-2017, 08:06 PM
It doesn't really matter at this point. I used Cecil as a shorthand, and we'll probably not know who it really is until the end of their game - or at least the end of the game for them ;)

Pumpkin
01-09-2017, 08:16 PM
##vote: Don Quixote

Karifean
01-09-2017, 08:19 PM
A mysterious benevolent voyager appears.

The man with red hair in purple clothing watches it curiously with a smile on his face, deciding on the best course of action. He decides to leave it be for the time being.

Freya
01-09-2017, 08:20 PM
##vote: Don Quixote
YOU'RE FUNNY YOU NON PLAYER YOU!

A mysterious benevolent voyager appears.

The man with red hair in purple clothing watches it curiously with a smile on his face, deciding on the best course of action. He decides to leave it be for the time being.

What. WHAT?

Fynn
01-09-2017, 08:21 PM
(He's talking about himself)

Freya
01-09-2017, 08:27 PM
(Oh xD I didn't realize, EVERYTHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME)

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Well, that happened.

Aerith's Knight
01-09-2017, 09:12 PM

But Aerith's Knight is Aerith!

EL GASP! No, I'm not. I just had a 'period' of fandom about 10-12 years ago. >_>

Aerith is still best girl.

How?

Well, I mean, he's right. So I'll give him that.

That meaaaaans...

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
01-09-2017, 09:12 PM
I can use this account. Finally.

: D

Nah, jk, made it for fun. Won't use it from now on.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 09:15 PM
That's Faris? Kinda looks like James from Pokemon's Team Rocket.

Aerith's Knight
01-09-2017, 09:20 PM
It's the standard from the EoFF avatars.

There are better pictures on the internet, let me tell you.

Anyway, Scruffy has my jib. He knows too much. He's too dangerous. If he's the mafia, then we're all screwed!

Get him!

FFNut
01-09-2017, 09:23 PM
I am staying steadfast with my vote as is now. Shauna is either the third girl, or she is the helper... I think.

Formalhaut
01-09-2017, 09:30 PM
I feel like we've been mired in meta discussions about stuff that isn't strictly Mafia. Of course, talking is all we have, and that pesky Mafia is happy for us to waste our time. So let's get back to discussion. Having weighed up the people, and looking at who I personally feel is the most suspicious:

##VOTE: Shauna

This is not final. I'd like Shauna to defend herself first, without mentioning the name 'FFNut'. Because I think I've heard enough of why FFNut is so damn suspicious :p

Shauna
01-09-2017, 10:40 PM
Asking someone to defend themselves is pretty much just a death sentence. If you want to vote me, then do it. If from all the actions today, you're thinking I'm top of the list, then nothing I can say will change your mind. :p But since you asked so nicely, here's a defence, for all that it's worth.

As far as I can tell, the reason I'm suspicious is because I asked questions to someone who has been acting incredibly shady, and because I said I was Shadow when we were asked to reveal our characters.

Well, the latter is never going to change, no matter how much you all think it doesn't fit the narrative. I'm Shadow! I have no night action! That's the only defence I have, and it's only worth as much weight as any of you will put in it. I myself said earlier that everyone will say that they're town, so it's generally worthless.

And on the first count... that's what we're supposed to do. Talk. Find out why people are thinking the way they do. If someone says something off, call them out and find out why they said it. Which brings me to your own concern from yesterday, that I asked you questions about your actions, while at that same time feeling that someone else was raising more red flags? Why is that suspicious, exactly? Asking questions and pointing things out isn't the same as accusing them of being Mafia.