PDA

View Full Version : FFIX Mafia Game Thread - Day 3 - The Final Day

Psychotic
01-13-2017, 06:29 PM
FFIX Mafia

Someone had fallen, that much was certain. Their broken body lay sprawled at unnatural angles, and a thin pillar of blood trickled from their mouth. The townsfolk in Alexandria were shocked. Moving closer, the identity of the victim became clear. But... she was a dragoon... her sense of balance was perfect. She could never have fallen, could she? No, she must've been pushed! Murder! Murder most foul! Arise, townsfolk, arise!

[M] Freya was an Unfortunate Dragoon played by Freya!

VOTING
When voting, please do it in this format
##vote: name

You can also unvote for people. This takes the same form:
##unvote: name

You can also vote for no lynch:
##vote: nolynch

If a majority is reached, the one with majority will be lynched. If it’s a tie then there will be a sudden death. If time for the day ends, the one with the most votes will be lynched.

BASIC RULES
• Unless specifically mentioned in your Assignment PMs, all Mafia related discussion must happen in the Official game thread. Please do not discuss the game using instant messengers, IRC, Private Messages, voice chats, phone calls, snail mail etc. etc. No, we can't enforce this because we can't spy on you, but we would appreciate it if you followed this simple rule.
• Do not reveal your role privately to each other. You can of course role claim as part of your strategy in this thread. Just don't do it outside the game.
• Play nice. Even if you are using second accounts, don't resort to flaming and whatnot. Kill each other without resorting to being mean.
• Please make all posts in the Game thread under your specific Mafia accounts.
• Play fair. Also known as the "don't be an ass" rule. Being an ass includes cheating, diverging completely from your assigned role, going back and deleting or editing all your posts, using asshole-ish methods to find out information about other people's roles, etc.
• Do NOT use your Mafia accounts to post in any non-Mafia related threads.
• All of the roles were assigned randomly to a player and then those were randomly assigned to the character.
• Don’t share with others who you are or what your password is or what your role is.

ROLES IN USE

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Sane Cop
1 Doctor
3 Townies

You are a Mafia Roleblocker

Win Conditions:

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Abilities:

You may PM your fellow scum, REDACTED
You have a factional night-kill meaning that each night one of you may night-kill a player. You must choose which one of you will do this and PM me.
Once per night you may target a player, thus blocking all role traits for the current night phase. The targeted player will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing . You must PM me to tell me who you wish to block.

You are a Mafia Goon

Win Conditions:

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Abilities:

You may PM your fellow scum, REDACTED
You have a factional night-kill meaning that each night one of you may night-kill a player. You must choose which one of you will do this and PM me.

You are a Doctor

Win Conditions:

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:

Once per night you may target a player to be protected, this will protect them from one kill for one night. The targeted player is not informed that they were protected. You will not be informed if you protected the player from a kill.

You are a Cop

Win Conditions:

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:

Each night you may target a player to be inspected, thus discovering their alignment. You will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing either [B]Innocent or Guilty

You are a Vanilla Townie

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

You have no abilities, your strength is your vote and intellect.

Players

[M] Beatrix - Vanilla Townie played by Fynn, lynched on Day 1
[M] Eiko
[M] Kuja - Vanilla Townie played by Mr. Carnelian, killed on Night 1.
[M] Quina
[M] Steiner - Doctor, played by Scruffington on Day 1 and qwertysaur on Day 2 - Killed on Night 2
[M] Vivi
[M] Zidane - Mafia Roleblocker played by Karifean, lynched on Day 2.

[M] Anise
01-13-2017, 06:33 PM
Hello everyone! Let's all get along well!

Psychotic
01-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Day 1 begins now!

In terms of a deadline, there isn't one just yet. Let's see how we go and if it looks like we're going nowhere I'll impose one.

[M] Gaius
01-13-2017, 06:36 PM
Zidane! Can I catch frogs now?

[M] Gaius
01-13-2017, 06:39 PM
Also also! Psy, can you outline what each role does? Some people still no play much mafia

Psychotic
01-13-2017, 06:50 PM
I'll post the role PMs in the OP once I'm home. :)

[M] Athena
01-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Greetings.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-13-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm Eiko, you probably don't remember me because you just stuck with Zidane/Garnet/Vivi/Steiner.

But I was actually a pretty important character in FFIX! I used white magic and could summon creatures who could cast reflect on the whole party, a very useful ability in any situation! Let's go, team!

Yay, I've got the kid. At least this means no-one will lynch me due to censorship restrictions. You can't kill a kid on screen!

Wait, this is actually a dark and gritty Mafia game? Nooooooooooo.

[M] Elize
01-13-2017, 07:02 PM
Umm... *waves hi* hello everybody.

[M] Anise
01-13-2017, 07:02 PM
Don't worry. I'm sure nobody will just up and kill off the most lovable characters.

[M] Gaius
01-13-2017, 07:04 PM
I have an unfair advantage by being too likable a character for sure.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-13-2017, 07:08 PM
I'm the most likeable character! Just look at this little guy! I can summon him just my using my mind!

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/a/a7/FFIX_Carbuncle.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/150?cb=20120521180049

Anyway, while we're all introducing ourselves. Where's Amarant? I find it suspicious he's not around just as our much beloved late party member is killed.

I've got my eye on him!

[M] Elize
01-13-2017, 07:16 PM
Well *Shuffles feet* shall we begin the game?

[M] Gaius
01-13-2017, 07:23 PM
But Kuja and Beatrix aren't here yet. Maybe they're having their own private little night phase :bro:

[M] Caprica
01-13-2017, 07:32 PM
It is I, Kuja!

[M] Athena
01-13-2017, 07:33 PM
##Vote: Kuja

It's the bad guy. Get him.

[M] Gaius
01-13-2017, 07:36 PM
Steiner;3649772']##Vote: Kuja

'Least he never stole Supersoft which was against his knightly oaths probably

[M] Caprica
01-13-2017, 07:37 PM
Steiner;3649772']It's the bad guy. Get him.

I always saw myself as more of a tortured anti-hero.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-13-2017, 07:40 PM
Freya! No... Such a travesty. You were a fine warrior. One who has proven herself time and time again.

Your death shall not be in vain.

I will bring justice to this kingdom!

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-13-2017, 07:41 PM
Steiner;3649772']##Vote: Kuja

I trust you, Steiner. I still haven't forgotten... Well, never mind that now.

##vote: Kuja

[M] Elize
01-13-2017, 07:47 PM
Day one we are all here.

Psychotic
01-13-2017, 08:01 PM
I've edited in the role PMs into the OP. The day can last as long or as short as you want! Four to get a majority.

[M] Gaius
01-13-2017, 08:01 PM
Last time Steiner and Beatrix teamed up I remember Alexandria getting destroyed.

##vote: Steiner

Psychotic
01-13-2017, 08:03 PM
Oh, one more thing. You're all in invisible mode and that's for a reason. Don't disable it!

[M] Caprica
01-13-2017, 08:04 PM
Quick to gang up on me, aren't they? Quite suspicious, I'd say. Bear in mind that I'm already halfway to being lynched.

[M] Athena
01-13-2017, 08:07 PM
Kuja;3649788']Quick to gang up on me, aren't they? Quite suspicious, I'd say. Bear in mind that I'm already halfway to being lynched.

Nothing suspicious about voting for a mafia.

[M] Elize
01-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Kuja: 2 votes
Steiner: 1 vote

the count so far.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Steiner;3649790']
Kuja;3649788']Quick to gang up on me, aren't they? Quite suspicious, I'd say. Bear in mind that I'm already halfway to being lynched.

What's your reason? Besides 'he's the villain'?

[M] Elize
01-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Agree don't want to jump on someone just because others do. Best to wait a bit first. See what everyone says.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-13-2017, 08:25 PM
Except at this point we have nothing to go on. Might as well shoot blindly, hoping we can avenge our fallen comrade.

So far every argument he's used was an appeal to emotion. Nothing convinces me he's not mafia.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Beatrix;3649796']Except at this point we have nothing to go on. Might as well shoot blindly, hoping we can avenge our fallen comrade.

So far every argument he's used was an appeal to emotion. Nothing convinces me he's not mafia.

What else can Kuja use? We've literally just started the game. And while he's appealing to emotion, aren't you also appealing to emotion as well, namely that of revenge? Some people have barely had any time to make any form of statement yet. A few have only posted once, and that was just to announce they're here.

As we know from arguments made in previous games, shooting blindly is more likely to hit a stray Town than a Mafia. The probability reveals it all.

[M] Athena
01-13-2017, 08:31 PM
Eiko;3649793']
Steiner;3649790']

What's your reason? Besides 'he's the villain'?

Sorry, didn't realize my vote read "Eiko."

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Eiko;3649797']
Beatrix;3649796']Except at this point we have nothing to go on. Might as well shoot blindly, hoping we can avenge our fallen comrade.

What else can Kuja use? We've literally just started the game. And while he's appealing to emotion, aren't you also appealing to emotion as well, namely that of revenge? Some people have barely had any time to make any form of statement yet. A few have only posted once, and that was just to announce they're here.

As we know from arguments made in previous games, shooting blindly is more likely to hit a stray Town than a Mafia. The probability reveals it all.

Yes, because lynching no one on the first day paid off so well the last time

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-13-2017, 08:35 PM
I'm not saying we don't lynch someone, though. We could at least make an attempt at Day One conversation before concluding we don't know anything and stab blindly.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-13-2017, 08:38 PM
The end justifies the means.

[M] Gaius
01-13-2017, 08:55 PM
My vote for Steiner was because he was the first one to vote for a lynch today. ...not exactly much of a reason but it's slightly less scattershot than completely random.

[M] Anise
01-13-2017, 08:56 PM
Heh, I believe old man Steiner over here was baiting for some interesting reactions. A good way to ward off the old "it's Day 1, we have nothing to talk about" argument.

I find Beatrix's reaction to it more curious... seems to me she was trying to get on Steiner's good side.

[M] Athena
01-13-2017, 08:58 PM
Quina;3649805']My vote for Steiner was because he was the first one to vote for a lynch today. ...not exactly much of a reason but it's slightly less scattershot than completely random.

Who are you talking to?

[M] Gaius
01-13-2017, 09:02 PM
Steiner;3649807']
Quina;3649805']My vote for Steiner was because he was the first one to vote for a lynch today. ...not exactly much of a reason but it's slightly less scattershot than completely random.

Who are you talking to?

Depends who's reading I guess?

We could at least make an attempt at Day One conversation

It's "Making an attempt at Day One conversation"

[M] Elize
01-13-2017, 09:08 PM
I too have been waiting for people to discuss things and begin conversation. Don't want to jump an innocent on nothing. Lets not just kill to kill, but let's get a Mafia.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-13-2017, 09:16 PM
What is it you wish to discuss, then?

I say the time is to act, but I am willing to listen to what everyone have to say for themselves. I refuse to revoke my vote, however, as I think we shouldn't dally much longer.

As an Alexandrian knight, I... know Steiner. Perhaps my trust in him is misguided, considering he may no longer be the same person, but I have no other idea on who to vote for at this point. My guess that it's Kuja is as good as any.

[M] Elize
01-13-2017, 09:31 PM
Kuja: 2 Votes
Steiner: 1 Vote

However Beatrix is acting suspicious really pushing for a quick lynch and jumping on to coat tails to do it.

##Vote: Beatrix

[M] Athena
01-13-2017, 09:51 PM
Quina;3649810']Depends who's reading I guess?

It just seems kind of weird that you would randomly try to justify your vote to seemingly no one.

[M] Gaius
01-13-2017, 10:15 PM
Steiner;3649837']
Quina;3649810']Depends who's reading I guess?

It just seems kind of weird that you would randomly try to justify your vote to seemingly no one.

Sorry, I don't get what's weird about what I said, it seemed topical when Eiko mentioned we shouldn't vote blindly. :shrug: I guess it's to be expected though, when there's not much else to talk about.

Psychotic
01-13-2017, 10:31 PM
Right, I reckon it's time to put a limit out there. You've all got 12 hours from this post until day 1 ends. Whoever has the most votes at this time will be lynched unless a majority is reached beforehand.

[M] Athena
01-13-2017, 10:37 PM
Quina;3649844']Sorry, I don't get what's weird about what I said, it seemed topical when Eiko mentioned we shouldn't vote blindly. :shrug: I guess it's to be expected though, when there's not much else to talk about.

Uh huh. Usually people rationalize their votes as they are voting. Or if their vote was questioned. You weren't under any pressure to explain yourself, yet you chose to anyways.

##Vote: Quina

[M] Anise
01-14-2017, 03:40 AM
I was kinda hoping there would be more to go off of at this point, but I really need to go to sleep already and I likely won't be up before the lynch.

##Vote: Beatrix

Steiner did bring up an interesting point about Quina's random explanation, but at the moment I'm more suspicious of Beatrix for jumping on Steiner's suggestion like that. It's not a particularly strong suspicion mind you, as I can easily see that as someone just taking roleplaying too far (I'm not a fan of roleplaying actually influencing one's decisions, myself). But, well, if I don't pick someone I just self-vote automatically, which would suck, and voting for no lynch is not a good idea either.

See you in the morning.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-14-2017, 06:31 AM
##unvote: Kuja

##vote: Quina

Tbh, I'm not any more suspicious of Quina than I am of Kuja, but I don't want to be the only one with two votes at this point.

As for taking roleplaying "too far" - there's literally not much else to discuss at this point, nor base your accusations on at this point. Might as well go all out and think "what would x character do".

In all, I think Eiko is actually more suspicious at this point, defending Kuja so vehemently from the beginning even though nobody really has anything to go on, and we need a day one lynch to progress. So why stop it? Still, can't change my vote to her yet since I don't want to be the only one with two votes.

Psychotic
01-14-2017, 08:35 AM
Kuja (0): Steiner Beatrix
Steiner (1): Quina
Beatrix (2): Vivi, Zidane
Quina (2): Steiner, Beatrix

Not voting: Eiko, Kuja

I decided to be nice and assume Steiner meant to unvote Kuja before voting Quina. :p At the moment we're looking at a couple of hours left but might well extend - sudden death seems to be on the cards as it stands.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-14-2017, 09:45 AM
It's worth pointing out that neither Eiko or Kuja have voted yet, and one was trying to get the other out of harm's way before. Could it be that they were waiting for a bandwagon to form so that they could quickly get rid of one of us? Once they log in, they can now easily remove either me or Quina out of the equation.

[M] Gaius
01-14-2017, 10:19 AM
Beatrix;3649892']##unvote: Kuja

Tbh, I'm not any more suspicious of Quina than I am of Kuja, but I don't want to be the only one with two votes at this point.

Still, can't change my vote to her yet since I don't want to be the only one with two votes.

Remember that not voting counts as a vote against yourself, so until they vote for someone Kuja and Eiko are really on 1. So with yours, Kuja already had 2 votes and changing to me hasn't really accomplished much.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-14-2017, 10:46 AM
Fair point, though I did assume that they will still show up before voting ends.

How much time do we have left, Psychotic? If it's not enough for them to realistically show, I'll change my vote.

Psychotic
01-14-2017, 10:46 AM
Quina;3649904']
Beatrix;3649892']##unvote: Kuja

Still, can't change my vote to her yet since I don't want to be the only one with two votes.

Remember that not voting counts as a vote against yourself, so until they vote for someone Kuja and Eiko are really on 1. So with yours, Kuja already had 2 votes and changing to me hasn't really accomplished much.I accidentally left that rule in from larger mafia games where it's more relevant but deleted it after 5 minutes when I saw my mistake. :shobon: Apologies, I had hoped nobody had seen it. So you're not wrong in what you say and neither was Beatrix.

Anyway, the deadline has passed and now we sit with 2 votes for Beatrix and 2 votes for Quina so we'll go into sudden death. Next vote for either will seal it.

[M] Gaius
01-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Oh, well in that case:

##unvote: Steiner

##vote: Beatrix

Sorry, B, I don't particularly want to vote for you, but who knows what Eiko/Kuja are thinking, and I have to protect myself.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-14-2017, 10:52 AM
Congrats, town

Psychotic
01-14-2017, 10:56 AM
Sparks flew at the start of day 1. Accusations were in the air, thick and fast. The Knights of Alexandria were certain that the chef amphibian must be responsible for the death of Freya. Zidane and Vivi were more suspicious of Beatrix - after all, nobody who reduces people to 1 HP and then just leaves can be up to any good. Eiko and Kuja, the purple haired duo, remained silent. In the end, Quina shrugged its shoulders, announced "I no can eat until it weaker" and pointed at Beatrix.

Alas, alas, for Beatrix was a Vanilla Townie played by the handsome and charming Fynn.

Night 1 begins now, please get your actions in :)

Psychotic
01-14-2017, 06:35 PM
The town went to bed in shame, feeling guilt at their lynching of the innocent Beatrix. As each one of them nestled beneath the covers and drifted into sleep, dreams came to each one of them.

Eiko dreamed of moogles, playing a jaunty tune on their flute.
Quina dreamed of tasty yummy frogs!
Steiner dreamed of polishing his armour.
Vivi dreamed of having many fine and healthy sons.
Zidane dreamed of the softest butt you ever did see.
Kuja dreamed of being shot in the head. Wait, that wasn't a dream!

Kuja was a Vanilla Townie played by the unfortunate (given that this is his first rodeo!) Mr. Carnelian.

Day 2 begins!

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 06:43 PM
*rolls up sleeves and puts on his hat* Good morning everybody.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-14-2017, 06:45 PM
Well, that happened. Allow me to play a requiem for his soul, before I drop role-play and actually start the day properly.

[M] Gaius
01-14-2017, 06:45 PM
Morning.

You know... considering how guilty we all felt about lynching the innocent Beatrix, we sure all had nice dreams.

Except Kuja. RIP to your and your wonderfully girly hair :(

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 07:26 PM
I am noticing a lot of silence. Almost speaks louder than words.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-14-2017, 07:30 PM
That's true, but best not to place too much stock into absence just yet.

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 08:38 PM
So my random thoughts on the events of the night. We first Lynch Beatrix who ended up being town.

Then the Mafia twist the knife so to speak by taking out Kuja who gave some suspicion towards some votes.

We need to talk so we can lynch a mafia today or they will win. The worst thing we can do is stay silent as we are giving them a easy win as they won't start the conversation.

[M] Gaius
01-14-2017, 08:50 PM
Kuja had a total of three posts, only one of which was relevant to the game.

Steiner and Beatrix voted for him, which maybe could be seen as a bold mafia team move... but we know Beatrix was town, so it probably wasn't that.

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 09:00 PM
My thoughts pull towards Zidane, and Eiko.

Eiko has tried to block conversation once now. See let's wait for others to log on.
It just seems odd that we shouldn't start and let others catch up and add to it. I am only about 45% sure on Eiko though as that comment could have been innocent.

Zidane however I am way more sure of and that is coming from him not posting. I know it sounds odd but I am positive Zidane is played by Scruff. We were waiting on Scruff to play a night move earlier. A roll of the dice is what I think killed Kuja. There was no reason to kill Kuja. Scruff was also logged in after and never once posted in the thread here as Zidane, or in the discussion as him. It is the silence that makes me doubt him.

Psychotic
01-14-2017, 09:03 PM
You shouldn't try to speculate on identities behind the account publicly. They're there to be kept secret until death. Thank you! :)

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 09:04 PM
Sorry I will keep it quiet. Do you wish for me to edit it out?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-14-2017, 09:08 PM
Sure, let's talk. Talking is very important, and this day has begun surprisingly leisurely.

I have a question for you, Vivi. You state that talking is very important (which it is). Why then, were you so quiet in Day One? You made according to my notes, you made only three posts that contributed to the conversation. Two of them was agreeing with existing opinion, the other to vote for Beatrix.

Talking about inaction, Zidane has been quiet. He made even less posts than you. both were about Beatrix. He hasn't posted yet today, but there's still time.

Not sure about Steiner. I'm currently happy to entertain the notion that he was baiting Kuja into saying something, but there's a barbedness in his posting I cannot ignore.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-14-2017, 09:13 PM
Eiko;3649998']That's true, but best not to place too much stock into absence just yet.

Also, I just want to say I didn't say 'let's not talk', just that 'people not having turned up yet isn't an immediate Mafia tell'. I'm not beating Zidane and Steiner with that particular stick... yet. The longer they leave it, the most weighty that stick will become.

I mean, I was the person advocating for a longer day yesterday!

Psychotic
01-14-2017, 09:13 PM
Vivi;3650006']Sorry I will keep it quiet. Do you wish for me to edit it out?No worries, what's done is done. It's also too late to remove it but it would also be unfair to Zidane to have no right of reply. So I'll confirm Zidane is not Scruff and say no more. It's more in the spirit of the game to focus on actual in thread behaviour.

Carry on and enjoy!

[M] Gaius
01-14-2017, 09:14 PM
Trying hard to put aside the speculation about Zidane's identity, Vivi, you said:

We were waiting on (Zidane) to play a night move earlier

How do you come to the conclusion that that one player in particular was the one we were waiting for? Night moves are all secret, and 4 of the remaining 5 players have one available.

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 09:15 PM
I have been quit due to game inactivity. However I have tried today tried to stir conversation twice. I was the first one to post after the night to try and get the day going. Then when it was stone dead I posted again saying let's talk! It seems I am trying to get things moving forward to extend the day instead of getting a time limit to shorten the day and have us shoot blindly again. You once again say ohh theirs time. Meanwhile if we don't post we get less time. We do need to talk more to find out. We guess wrong today and it's game over. Mafia win.

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 09:20 PM
Quina;3650010']Trying hard to put aside the speculation about Zidane's identity, Vivi, you said:

We were waiting on (Zidane) to play a night move earlier

How do you come to the conclusion that that one player in particular was the one we were waiting for? Night moves are all secret, and 4 of the remaining 5 players have one available.

It may have been me over thinking the game. This is why I really want to talk it out. We are in our own heads going through all possible outcomes and we get a tunnel vision in thought. However someone else puts out what they are thinking and it may help us get out of that tunnel and think outside the box.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Vivi;3650012']IYou once again say ohh theirs time. Meanwhile if we don't post we get less time.

I'm pretty sure Psy is savvy enough to set a deadline if the conversation is going no-where. It isn't sheer volume of posts, but where the conversation is at. I'm not trying to shut anyone's mouth up, and I'm trying to suss out Mafia just as much as you are.

What motivations the Mafia had for killing Kuja may very well be random. An obvious tactic would be to kill someone unrelated like Zidane or Vivi, therefore increasing the amount of pressure on myself and Kuja, given that rumours of us being connected were bubbling on Day One. Come Day Two with a Town death, and I can see that being a talking point.

But instead, it was Kuja who was killed. No-one is immediately a suspect based on that kill. At a guess, Steiner's character may be in question for voting Kuja first, being the first vote of the game. Or, alternatively, the Mafia may have killed Kuja in the hopes that the person who defended him the most (myself) would be caught in suspicion, on the grounds that I was pretending to defend him in public while stabbing him in the back at night. Both are possible reasons why the Mafia would kill Kuja. It might be totally random, but a good Mafia wouldn't take such decisions to chance. They would assess the Day One situation and make their kill based on who is the easiest target to manipulate into lynching.

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 09:35 PM
That's just it. The Kuja kill made no sense at all. It felt like a random shot. Their were better targets to be hit.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-14-2017, 09:44 PM
Ngh, I can't deny that. The fact remains they didn't go the obvious tactic. Either it is random, or they have another plan in mind.

What complicates matters is when you consider Day One actions. Beatrix is unmistakably Town, but we didn't know that at the time. Had I been awake, Beatrix would have been one of the more likely targets for my vote, it was pretty much 50/50. I didn't vote in the end, and Beatrix flipped Town. What's annoying is that Beatrix's actions seemed dodgy (if not outright scummy) at the time. In Day One, 'dodgy' is enough for a lynch. Thus she got lynched. Trying to figure out the Mafia amongst the well-meaning Town members is made more difficult given the 'reasonableness' of the vote.

As Beatrix herself said: why not Kuja? In that same vein one could argue, why not Beatrix? It makes sensing the actions behind the lynch harder to discern. One could point at Quina breaking the deadlock, but that was only to save themselves, which is an understandable response, which doesn't flip Town or Mafia.

[M] Gaius
01-14-2017, 10:02 PM
Let's not forget that at the end of Day One, we still had a doctor. So there was someone who couldn't be killed due to the protection. Maybe Mafia thought that Kuja was unlikely to be protected, so there were better odds of the kill succeeding.

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 10:12 PM
don't know if the doctor would have been huge in that situation as we really didn't have much to go on. Trying to figure out the doctor out of the text or who they will protect is as much of a shot in the dark as us doing the Lynching. We really don't have much to go on as of yet.

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 10:28 PM
So let's go over what we know.

1. The Kuja kill seemed rather random.
2. ??? What are we missing?

Psychotic
01-14-2017, 10:56 PM
Okay, I have replaced Steiner. Have fun~

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 11:00 PM
I am glad Phy has given us a time limit. A random vote at this stage is dangerous as the two mafia can jump on it and it is game over with3 being the majority needed. It is an automatic win for them. We must get it right.

[M] Gaius
01-14-2017, 11:01 PM
Yeah. I'm going to bed now so we will resume this in the morning!

[M] Athena
01-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Hi I'm new Steiner. I skimmed the thread already and I'll go through it again, just wanted to say hello.

[M] Gaius
01-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Welcome, Rusty mkII

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 11:07 PM
Welcome new Steiner

[M] Athena
01-14-2017, 11:15 PM
So I have read the thread and here is what I think.

First there is no point in guessing why the mafia targeted Kuja. They did and that's it.

Second we should not speculate at all on our power roles. Mafia do have a roleblocker so if the doctor claims then the doctor is useless. Same with the cop, I think he or she should only claim if the investigation came up mafia or if we are heading for lynching a town.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-14-2017, 11:19 PM
What did you do with the real Steiner, you imposter, you, you Mafia scum! :p

As for the actions of the doctor; usually it is a crapshoot at Day One. Choosing not to protect Kuja makes sense assuming you thought the Mafia would take the logical step and keep Kuja alive for lynch bandwagon potential. But it's hard to say.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-14-2017, 11:28 PM
Yeah, the roleblocker can really complicate things and mess things up for Town. Given that two of our Vanilla Town is dead, there's a very decent chance they'll block a role.

[M] Elize
01-14-2017, 11:36 PM
You would think they would block the Doctor as long as it's alive to kill as they see fit which really seems weird. Don't know why they would block a investigation at this point.

[M] Anise
01-15-2017, 12:35 AM
What the hell, I'm absent for a bit and I'm already being suspected over it? I didn't keep quiet by choice, I was preoccupied until now. Sorry about that, but I couldn't really help it.

First things first, RIP Beatrix and Kuja, my brother. Second things second, welcome new Steiner. Third things third, let's talk about who to lynch. Anybody have any suggestions? I am somewhat suspicious of a certain someone myself; but I'd like to hear if anyone else has any suspicions, on whatever basis it might be.

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 12:46 AM
Feel free to share your thoughts as ours have been in the thread we are at a dead end and would love more incite.

[M] Anise
01-15-2017, 01:15 AM
Alright then. I'm suspicious of Quina. Steiner made a good point previous day phase about them justifying themselves for no real reason, and their posts today also make more sense if they are Mafia - of course Quina would have an idea as to why the Mafia chose Kuja, even though nobody else can come up with anything.

What do you think?

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 01:36 AM
I had suspicions on Quiana too, her wanting to talk if she is could be her not used to being town, or that she is a rather new to mafia also. I may have to re-read what Quina has written to supply more info on her. I am also suspicious of Steiner as though the player has been replaced it was a little washy for a quick vote day one then log out to never log back in.

I'd hate to vote Steiner though as a new player stepped up and should have a chance to play. However the first thing really kinda sticks with me a bit.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 04:43 AM
I am leaning towards Vivi being likely as scum right now. A lot of his posts today are very off putting. He wants us to speculate on things like what the mafia are thinking of and what happened at night.

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 05:12 AM
I disagree there but I see you posted for reaction. I'll say it was me who has tried to open all talking. The more people talk the more information we all have to make an informed decision for a lynch and get a mafia player.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 05:36 AM
Of course you will say you disagree. I'm accusing you of being mafia and you would be insane to just agree with me xD.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 06:35 AM
So let's have fun.

There are 5 players left
Eiko
Quina
Steiner
Vivi
Zidane

2 are mafia. Name who you think they are right now.

I would say Vivi and Eiko are the two that I would select myself, though I admit I'm not confident in Eiko now and need to keep playing and watching her.

[M] Gaius
01-15-2017, 10:41 AM
I'd probably also say Vivi, that post about "we were waiting for Zidane to play his night role" just doesn't sit right with me. It doesn't make any sense at all which is more of a red flag than I get from anyone else.

The other would be Zidane, who is looking to turn my speculation on why Kuja may have been targeted into something incriminating. But we've all been discussing the mafia's motives, why was my speculation special?

[M] Anise
01-15-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm leaning towards Quina and Eiko. Quina for reasons stated above, Eiko because if there's anyone who could gain something from having Kuja killed, it would be her. It dispels the theory that Eiko and Kuja are Mafia in cahoots and draws attention away from her, putting her in a pretty good position if she's Mafia.

Psychotic
01-15-2017, 01:50 PM
Just so you all know, we have a shade under 5 hours left.

0 votes yet, and it takes 3 to get a majority and as soon as we have that majority, the day will end prematurely - so be careful how you place your votes. You all know the set up and thus you also know what lynching a town member today will do!

I'd say it's lynch or lose but technically if you didn't lynch anyone and then the Doctor protected the person the mafia targeted tonight you'd be okay. You'd be in the exact same position then as you are now, 3 town to 2 mafia.

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 01:56 PM
Just 5 hours left. Like Phy said one wrong vote and the game is over. We should use this time wisely.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 02:03 PM
So Vivi. Who do you think is the mafia? 2 members.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Might as well do this first:

##VOTE: Zidane

The primary two targets Zidane has pointed the finger at has been Quina and myself. Not Vivi, interestingly. In regards to Vivi, I cannot deny there is a lingering suspicion I can't shake off, but I get the feeling like I'm being led to believe that. Both Quina and Steiner are also suspicious of Vivi, as evidenced here:

I am leaning towards Vivi being likely as scum right now. A lot of his posts today are very off putting. He wants us to speculate on things like what the mafia are thinking of and what happened at night.

That post about "we were waiting for Zidane to play his night role" just doesn't sit right with me.

Steiner's accusation just sounds weak. "He wants us to speculate on things like what the mafia are thinking of" sounds actually kinda reasonable. Quina's evidence hits harder, and is also what makes me suspicious of Vivi. Further compounding my distrust of Vivi is the fact that he was so eager to get things moving today, when he didn't really make an attempt yesterday.

I have been quit due to game inactivity. However I have tried today tried to stir conversation twice.

If things were so quiet on Day One, there was little attempt at sparking the conversation then. Perhaps there is a reason why Vivi has redoubled efforts today - we are at Lynch or Lose. But it strikes me as a distinct shift in game strategy.

______

Despite this, I'm voting for Zidane. Why?

On Day One, Zidane didn't too much. With the exception of roleplay posts, he made only two posts that day:

Heh, I believe old man Steiner over here was baiting for some interesting reactions. A good way to ward off the old "it's Day 1, we have nothing to talk about" argument. I find Beatrix's reaction to it more curious... seems to me she was trying to get on Steiner's good side

Steiner did bring up an interesting point about Quina's random explanation, but at the moment I'm more suspicious of Beatrix for jumping on Steiner's suggestion like that.

Other than that, there wasn't much attempt at teasing out what other people thought or trying to posit any other theories. It's not damning, because the same could be said for others.

Today, Zidane made some interesting posts. I'm disregarding him turning up late as I believe him about simply not being around. Seems unfair to beat him with a stick over it.

I am somewhat suspicious of a certain someone myself; but I'd like to hear if anyone else has any suspicions, on whatever basis it might be.

Why hold back? As Vivi has said to death, talking is everything. It could be benign, getting others to talk. It could also be a strategy to have someone else open up with a Quina suspicion, and then just jump on that suggestion with a nod and an agreeable post like "I also agree with that!". It makes things redirect less back to you.

Eventually, Zidane ends up talking about it regardless:

Alright then. I'm suspicious of Quina. Steiner made a good point previous day phase about them justifying themselves for no real reason, and their posts today also make more sense if they are Mafia - of course Quina would have an idea as to why the Mafia chose Kuja, even though nobody else can come up with anything.

Seems fair enough, right? What piques my interest is this, posted afterwards:

I'm leaning towards Quina and Eiko. Quina for reasons stated above, Eiko because if there's anyone who could gain something from having Kuja killed, it would be her. It dispels the theory that Eiko and Kuja are Mafia in cahoots and draws attention away from her, putting her in a pretty good position if she's Mafia.

His later post completely contradicts his own reason for suspicion over Quina, namely that only Quina has an idea as to why the mafia chose Kuja. He ends up forming his own Kuja kill theory not long after. I'll also state as well that Zidane's Kuja kill theory is something I have already postulated myself, earlier in the thread:

But instead, it was Kuja who was killed. No-one is immediately a suspect based on that kill. At a guess, Steiner's character may be in question for voting Kuja first, being the first vote of the game. Or, alternatively, the Mafia may have killed Kuja in the hopes that the person who defended him the most (myself) would be caught in suspicion, on the grounds that I was pretending to defend him in public while stabbing him in the back at night. Both are possible reasons why the Mafia would kill Kuja. It might be totally random, but a good Mafia wouldn't take such decisions to chance. They would assess the Day One situation and make their kill based on who is the easiest target to manipulate into lynching.

If I was mafia, outing my own killing strategy would be counter-intuitive, no?

It isn't much, and I could very well be wrong. But my gut (and a smattering of posts) say Zidane, so I'm voting Zidane.

[M] Anise
01-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Dude, hang on. I'll respond to your accusation, but please remove your vote in the meantime. You're giving the Mafia an easy way to lock it down.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 02:17 PM
If you wish:

##UNVOTE: Zidane

[M] Anise
01-15-2017, 02:28 PM
To put it simply, you're quite right. I was trying to get someone else to implicate Quina so I would have an easy excuse to vote along. It would've been the preferred outcome. Now that it's come to this, however, I feel the time has come to reveal.

I'm the cop in this game.

I was suspicious of Quina on Day 1, but it still could've certainly been a townie mistake. So I decided to confirm or deny my suspicions tonight. And lo and behold, Quina is Mafia-aligned. Since there's a roleblocker in the game however, I felt it too big a risk to just up and reveal myself; if Quina was the Mafia Goon, I would be rendered useless for the town even if the Doc were to protect me. But now that it's come to this, well, I'm willing to bet on us achieving victory by unmasking the other Mafia through conventional means.

My suspicion of you was, indeed, bullshit. Steiner had asked for us to state two suspicions, so I just went with the first thing I thought of and tried to empathize that Quina is the one I *actually* suspect. I noticed it was pretty much contradictory halfway through, but I figured maybe I can bait the other mafia to jump on it, as an excuse to start being "suspicious" of you. Then I could reveal and there would've been more to go off of for the other mafia. Didn't think I'd get accused over it. But well, what happens happens.

So with that being said, I can actually do this *without* risking a Mafia victory.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 02:41 PM
I asked for 2 because it's designed to help you (the cop) pick who to investigate tonight. If a lot of people think say Eiko for example is suspicious I think it would be a strong move to investigate her. Either everyone is correct and you confirm it. Or everyone is wrong and you save the town from making a horrible mistake.

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 02:42 PM
Quina would make some scenes, I am also suspicious of Steiner. It is the aggressive finger pointing and day one actions. I know the player has been replaced and it is tough to dig yourself out of a hole someone else dug. Still undecided on my vote but it will be for either Steiner or Quina. Don't know which one yet.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Remember Vivi, day 1 Steiner is a different person than me. Same role, just different person in the account.

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 02:49 PM
I have said that twice Steiner and have said you deserve the chance to play too. Since I have two people in my thoughts and Steiner deserves a chance to play.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 02:50 PM
Though it must be challenging when you are suspicious of the first Steiner and the second one is suspicious of you :p

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 02:52 PM
Zidane;3650097']My suspicion of you was, indeed, bulltrout. Steiner had asked for us to state two suspicions, so I just went with the first thing I thought of and tried to empathize that Quina is the one I *actually* suspect.

For only 'pretending' to implicate me you produced a fairly full-fat theory as to why I could be mafia.

You claim Cop. That is patently, absolutely, positively false.

##VOTE: Zidane

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 02:53 PM
In the end it's a game. I never take a game personal. You have the right to be suspicious of me too as I do to you.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 02:56 PM
And now the game gets interesting.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
The vote is:

Quina: 2/3 (Zidane, Vivi)
Zidane: 1/3 (Eiko)

(Quina and Steiner yet to vote)

Quina is one vote away from lynch. Zidane is patently lying about his role, and so unless he's a very risk-taking Town, he is absolutely Mafia. A mafia wouldn't implicate another mafia, so Quina is most likely Town.

Zidane relies too much on Steiner's 'let's all announce our top two!' statement as a reason to also implicate me. In my opinion, Zidane and Steiner are most likely Mafia, as their theories, and their posts, bounce off each other too much.

[M] Elize
##Unvote: Quina

May still put it in but don't want to just end it. Though I will most likely vote Quina unless new evidence comes in. We still have 3.5 hours or so.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Eiko, I think we all know the implications of your vote, what was your night action?

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 02:59 PM
Oh there it is. :p

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 03:02 PM
My night action was to investigate [M] Quina. Unfortunately, my investigation was blocked by the Mafia roleblocker.

You wonder why conversation was somewhat like treacle at the start of this day? I was relying purely on existing conversation. I analysed Zidane's posts for any inconsistencies and well, that elicited a reaction.

I was torn between investigating Steiner and Quina. I eventually ended up going for Quina because they were the second bandwagon of Day One, being locked into a sudden death with Beatrix. I wanted to see if Quina was also Town, or a mafia bandwagon gone somewhat dicey.

[M] Anise
01-15-2017, 03:02 PM
Of course I made a theory that made sense. I'm not an idiot.

So now that I've exposed your partner you're starting to panick, are you. Well looks like we'll be spared a headache when it comes to finding the remaining Mafia next day phase.

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 03:06 PM
Though I had doubts earlier on Eiko they were dropped and I believe Eiko is town. My suspicions at the moment are:

Steiner
Zidane=Quina
Eiko

Eiko is the only one I think is town for sure.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Zidane;3650113']
So now that I've exposed your partner you're starting to panick, are you. Well looks like we'll be spared a headache when it comes to finding the remaining Mafia next day phase.

If we lynch a Town, we will not obtain another Day Phase unless our Doctor pulls off a protection. And I could say the same thing about you. I expose contradictory statements in your posts, you therefore claim cop to give yourself a chance.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 03:09 PM
I find it amusing that I top your lists Vivi and Eiko. I welcome any investigations tonight if that is what it comes to.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Actually we lynch a town we just lose. Even if the doctor gets the right person, It will be 2 town and 2 mafia, and they can speedlynch and win instantly.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 03:14 PM
... and pin the blame on Quina (sorry, hit post by mistake too early).

I will say: the reason why Quina is down on my suspicion list isn't really because of they have said. What makes me believe Quina is less suspicious is the person falsely claiming cop targeting Quina. As I have mentioned previously, a Mafia wouldn't lynch another (unless they are truly desperate and start bussing each other).

If people are doubting my statement, I advice you to instead lynch me instead. I am a cop. One who has already been blocked once (and in danger of being blocked again, most likely). While I believe Quina is town, I am not sure whether Quina is Vanilla or the Doctor. My role has been impaired irreparably. The Doctor still has a chance.

Of course, if we end up lynching the roleblocker, then that's all to the good.

In summary then, Zidane's claim has made himself definitely Mafia in my eyes, and Steiner is likely Mafia based on their mutual interactions so far in the thread.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 03:16 PM
Oh yeah, you're right. I apologise: I'm not used to Day TWO being a lynch or lose situation.

Disregard part of my earlier statement, then.

In terms of who I think is most suspicious:

Zidane (definitely)
Steiner (likely)
Vivi = Quina

You're not the top of my list, Steiner.

[M] Anise
01-15-2017, 03:18 PM
But of course, you knew that we *will* get another Day Phase because if my claim went through uncontested, a Mafia would be executed.

And now you say lynch you instead of Quina? If you really were a townie, you would not say that because lynching you means an instant loss for the Townies.

Well, the Mafia are Quina and Eiko. Quina because I investigated them and found them out to be a Mafia. Eiko because they realized they would be in trouble if Quina was executed now and therefore quickly counterclaimed cop to get me hanged instead, giving the Mafia victory.

It's also curious that I'm up against two people while nobody comes over to my aid quickly, isn't it? Probably because the two other people on my team are townies who don't know who to trust yet. Since the other Mafia has revealed themselves, we will win if we lynch one of them now and the other tomorrow. So long as you don't place your trust in Eiko instead of me, we got this.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 03:22 PM
good. I'm your number 2. I can deal with that. So are you going to investigate me tonight? Because hopefully we get the roleblocker today.

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 03:23 PM
Interesting post from Zidane. I wouldn't vote Eiko because I am 90% sure Eiko is town. The two mafia would jump on, but those would be the only two to jump on it.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Zidane;3650120']But of course, you knew that we *will* get another Day Phase because if my claim went through uncontested, a Mafia would be executed.

And now you say lynch you instead of Quina? If you really were a townie, you would not say that because lynching you means an instant loss for the Townies.

Which I have said to disregard. As I have stated, I am not used to Day Two having such low numbers in a Mafia game. I thought there would be another phase, but there isn't. I can't nothing more than that.

Well, the Mafia are Quina and Eiko. Quina because I investigated them and found them out to be a Mafia. Eiko because they realized they would be in trouble if Quina was executed now and therefore quickly counterclaimed cop to get me hanged instead, giving the Mafia victory.

It's also curious that I'm up against two people while nobody comes over to my aid quickly, isn't it? Probably because the two other people on my team are townies who don't know who to trust yet.

Or alternatively, no-one has come to your 'aid' yet because they are attempting to distance themselves from you, who is in danger of being lynched.

If we assume Quina and I was Mafia, why would I rush to Quina's 'aid' so fast, and so openly? Better to have Quina be sacrificed than for us both to go down in flames.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Regardless, we've come (somewhat) to an impasse. You either believe Quina and Eiko are Mafia, or Zidane and (likely) Steiner are Mafia. Those are the two theories in Day Two.

I won't tell anyone who to vote. I believe Zidane is Mafia, so I am voting for Zidane. We have two or three hours left in the day. I advise anyone yet to vote to take their time, and vote according to which they weigh most strongly.

[M] Anise
01-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Or maybe because you feared after I stated a 'suspicion' of you that you would be the next most suspicious one on the list after Quina flips Mafia. So you decided to try and end the game now when Steiner and Vivi still think you're rather trustworthy.

In the end it's up to Steiner and Vivi to make the call. I've said my piece. I'm certain you and Quina are the mafia here, and I can only hope Steiner and Vivi trust me.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 03:33 PM
On the last part of Eikos statement on voting I agree 100%. We need to take the vote carefully because this is where we make it or break it.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 03:35 PM
I'm taking both Eiko and Zidanes claims into account before I vote. I do want to hear from Quina still.

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 03:36 PM
This is why I took off my vote for Quina. To easy for Mafia to jump if I am wrong and end the game. I will say I have seen more evidence now. Still not sure who to vote for sure but am interested in a few things.

First what is the harm of Mafia claiming Cop role. There is none as the remain safe at the night, and pull influence to swing votes for town to lynch their own.

Eiko is the one I trust most in this game. Wether Eiko is cop or not I do not know. However I do believe Eiko is town.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 03:38 PM
Here's the current Vote Tally:

Quina: 1/3 (Zidane)

Zidane: 1/3 (Eiko)

(Quina, Steiner and Vivi yet to vote)

I'd like a time check by Psy, if that's alright. We have what, 2 hours remaining?

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 03:40 PM
We have just over 3 hours left.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 03:40 PM
I would like to hear Quina's thoughts, to be honest. Quina was very active in Day One and the beginning of Day Two. I think Quina might be busy IRL, which would be a shame just as the Day started getting frightfully interesting.

Psychotic
01-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Steiner;3650133']We have just over 3 hours left.
Yes indeed.

[M] Athena
01-15-2017, 03:53 PM
The main thing about Quina looking back at day 1 again is s/he was really focused on not dying. That is something that I'm having trouble looking past.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Steiner;3650139']The main thing about Quina looking back at day 1 again is s/he was really focused on not dying. That is something that I'm having trouble looking past.

Can I just say you make some really strange comments, Steiner. Is that so strange, not wanting to be killed off? I think pretty much every player in Mafia would try and not be killed.

You make similar comments about Vivi:

Is wanting to speculate on what mafia might be thinking and what happened during the night phase so sinister?

[M] Gaius
01-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Sorry folks, I was hoping to get on a couple of hours ago but my dad called then I had to get to the shop before it closed! I'll catch up with the thread in a few minutes, looks like I missed a bunch!

[M] Gaius
01-15-2017, 04:18 PM
WOW.

OK, so...

And lo and behold, Quina is Mafia-aligned.

As I'm sure you all expected: I refute this. I'm innocent, therefore you can't be the cop, therefore you must be mafia. Absolutely 100%.

Also: there is no way both Zidane and Eiko can be town cops. Therefore one of them is mafia - I would find it very suspicious to not vote for one of them. I'm definitely going for Zidane, obviously, because he is directly accusing me of being Mafia. But even if he had accused someone else I would probably vote Zidane because of the way he times his claim. As soon as he knew Eiko was gonna vote for him and had a case made against him, he pulled out the "actually I'm a cop!" routine to try and discredit Eiko. It felt like a complete overreaction.

looking back at day 1 again is s/he was really focused on not dying.

Um... guilty as charged?? :lol:

I make no apologies for not wanting to die. Town or mafia, I wanna live!

​##Vote: Zidane

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 04:37 PM
I am on the fence still on who to vote. I have been waiting for Steiner to vote as I think he is Mafia and would show who is who. Quina and Zidane I have as equal. However I do trust Eiko. Need a few more minutes to read through all the information.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 04:43 PM
If Steiner votes Quina, you could say that Steiner was Mafia.

If Steiner votes Zidane, you could say that he was bussing his other Mafia partner to make him look less suspicious.

Steiner's votes can be read in two different ways, which... doesn't really help, to be honest.

[M] Gaius
01-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Vivi;3650145']I am on the fence still on who to vote. I have been waiting for Steiner to vote as I think he is Mafia and would show who is who. Quina and Zidane I have as equal. However I do trust Eiko. Need a few more minutes to read through all the information.

You trust Eiko...

Eiko says 100% it is Zidane.

Me and Zidane are still equal? o.O

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 04:48 PM
After re-reading everything it was a point Quina made that made up my mind for the locked in vote. I was suspicious of Zidane, and the I'm the cop really had me thinking. It is the obvious timing of it that Quina pointed out that has me not convinced of Quinn's innocence, but Zidane's guilt. There was no reason to claim cop at that point. It was a direct finger point which I who was on the fence shamefully fell for right away. Sorry Quina.

##Vote: Zidane

That is 3 votes. Ohh I hope I am not left with egg on my face for trusting Eiko.

Psychotic
01-15-2017, 04:54 PM
"I'm the cop!" boasted Zidane, swaggering into town. "And he..." he fumbled "she...?" before deciding upon "It!" with a triumphant finger pointed at Quina, "It is guilty! Trust me, I'm the law!"

The rest of the town stood with their mouths agape. How can a no good monkey tailed thief rise to the rank of police officer in this town? They prepared the gallows. Zidane gulped. "It was the frog!" he insisted. "I'm telling you all, it was the frog!"

As it turns out, Zidane was a Mafia Roleblocker played by the devious and sneaky Karifean! Well done town. Night actions if you please!

Psychotic
01-15-2017, 05:23 PM
Eiko strutted her stuff back home. She had been instrumental in the downfall of a rotten murderer, and felt good about the upcoming Day 3.

But then... a sudden chill took a hold of her. What if... what if there were reprisals? The mafia weren't finished. There was still an evil one among them. Surely after she had clashed so forcefully with Zidane that the mafia would make her their number one target?

She gulped. And then... a loud clanking broke the silence. Oh no. Oh no no no. It must be Steiner. The metallic stomping of that old rusty knight! He must be coming for her! After that, silence. Still, Eiko did not sleep. He may come for her at any time.

In the morning, she learned that the ominous clanking she had heard was not the sound of a murderer. No, it was the desperate struggle of a victim.

Steiner was a Doctor played firstly by Scruffington and then qwertysaur.

Day 3 begins now. Three of you remain. One mafia, two town. There is no time limit - the day can only end when one of you has two votes. Let's do this.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 05:26 PM
Well, okay fine, I was HALF right with my theory.

I investigated Steiner, and he also turned out to be innocent.

Well, that leaves either Quina or Vivi. This is very interesting indeed.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Whoever killed Steiner obviously did so with the idea that I would investigate him, effectively making my investigation null... AGAIN. Seriously, I've had no luck this game.

We have a bussing situation, here. I know I am innocent. Either Quina or Vivi bussed their fellow Mafia on Day Two.

[M] Gaius
01-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Well... I think this one is going to be fairly simple from my point of view.

Eiko has claimed to be the cop along with Zidane. Either she was lying about that as well as well as Zidane, or she actually is the cop.

That makes the last vanilla town me or Vivi. Even if Vivi claimed cop at this point I don't think there's anyway I could believe him over Eiko so:

​##Vote: Vivi

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 05:33 PM
It makes this vote for me easy as Eiko was the one I trust in this game. Eiko is also known town.

[M] Gaius
01-15-2017, 05:37 PM
No pressure Eiko, but your vote decides the game xD

[M] Elize
01-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Yes. Take your time as I am locked in.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 05:38 PM
WHY ME :crying:

I'll collect my thoughts and post in a few hours with a verdict. Lemme just lose myself in Dragon Age for a bit and take a breather.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
01-15-2017, 11:12 PM
Firstly, I should say this now: if I end up choosing wrongly, I accept all responsibility for Town's defeat. I was so certain that Steiner was likely Zidane's Mafia partner, I didn't consider investigating someone else instead of Steiner. They ended up using that to their advantage, killing Steiner and effectively making my investigation null for the second time; the first investigation was luckily blocked.

In my defence, it wasn't as if Steiner was acting angelic. Some very peculiar posts accusing several members of rather benign motivations (how dare they want to live! how dare he want to know the mafia's motivations!) seemed like an attempt to start a bandwagon. I would like to say with hindsight I would've been able to see through this had I another chance, but... unlikely.

But let's get on with this. First, I'll summarise my thoughts on both Quina and Vivi.

The Case against Quina

Quina was always at a moderate level of suspicion, never falling, but never quite rising, either. Let's look at each day in turn:

Day One

Quina initially voted for Steiner, which isn't terribly suspicious, as like Steiner and Beatrix, it sounded like a role-play vote.

Much of the suspicion centred around Quina focused on this one post, quoted below:

My vote for Steiner was because he was the first one to vote for a lynch today. ...not exactly much of a reason but it's slightly less scattershot than completely random.

Steiner's main argument for voting Quina was based on the theory that this was unsolicited. On reviewing the posts before this one, this is partially unsubstantiated. Before Quina's post, I stated: "We could at least make an attempt at Day One conversation before concluding we don't know anything and stab blindly."

It can be inferred that Quina might have been responding indirectly to my assertion that we should hold back from lynching. Quina then states why they have decided to lynch Steiner. I say partially, primarily because this is the only real evidence I could find, and it does come across as slightly forward. Still, it could be seen as helpful, laying all the cards out.

No other posts on Day One really give anything away. Quina eventually voted for Beatrix under pain of death, which doesn't give much away.

Day Two

From the beginning, Quina has been relatively suspicious of Vivi. Disregarding introductory posts, Quina's first major post in Day Two was questioning Vivi's first major post, quoted below:

Quina never quite let this one go.

That post about "we were waiting for Zidane to play his night role" just doesn't sit right with me. It doesn't make any sense at all which is more of a red flag than I get from anyone else.

Other posts during this day centred around the Eiko vs. Zidane debate. Quina also theorised that Zidane was suspicious, "The other would be Zidane, who is looking to turn my speculation on why Kuja may have been targeted into something incriminating." Quina then had IRL issues, and then resurfaced to vote against Zidane.

The Case against Vivi

Vivi always appeared helpful throughout both days, but this should be viewed objectively and without bias. So, let's review:

Day One

Not much to mention to be honest. After some light role-play, Vivi's first real post was:

I too have been waiting for people to discuss things and begin conversation. Don't want to jump an innocent on nothing. Let’s not just kill to kill, but let's get a Mafia

However Beatrix is acting suspicious really pushing for a quick lynch and jumping on to coat tails to do it.

That pretty much sums it up. Nothing here particularly clunks, but it is notable that Vivi does not add anything to the table. All of the posts is Vivi agreeing with others, as opposed to any real original thought behind them. Still, it is Day One, so it isn't something to beat him with. It was something I had in my notes for that day.

Day Two

After a relatively quiet Day One, Vivi comes back with a vengeance in Day Two. I noted this to be odd in my log: I always found sudden changes in activity (that isn't due to IRL) to be unusual. it suggests game strategy, which is something Town players shouldn't think of. As Town, you post and suss it out. Only if you have a power role should you choose to limit your posting, and I am the detective, and our doctor is dead. I might be overthinking this, but it clunked in my thinking.

Anyway, regardless of motive, Vivi really pressed forward in Day Two, even causing me to fall under his suspicion. This also seemed odd. I was accused of blocking conversation, when all I really said was we shouldn't cast undue suspicion on those absent an hour into the day. Vivi's gusto to getting the day moving seemed at odds with Day One. Vivi claimed " I have been quit due to game inactivity." Day Two was even more inactive at first, yet Vivi didn't make an attempt to stir the 'inactive' Day One conversation further.

The most important point to make about Vivi during the early stages of Day Two was this:

Zidane however I am way more sure of and that is coming from him not posting. I know it sounds odd but I am positive Zidane is played by Scruff. We were waiting on Scruff to play a night move earlier. A roll of the dice is what I think killed Kuja.

Replace Scruff for Zidane in this quote. Why would Vivi suspect Scruff had a night role? Quina pointed this out, and I can't dispel it. Vivi later try to claim nothing of it, stating: "It may have been me over thinking the game. This is why I really want to talk it out." It doesn't seem like a fairly strong counter. It's basically saying "I was confused!" We must also consider that Zidane is Mafia. it didn't seem terribly bad at the time, but with Zidane as Mafia, it becomes more so.

Later on, Steiner becomes suspicious of Vivi. While much of Steiner's accusations seem... fairly weak, it is surprising because Qwerty is a pretty good player of Mafia. He mentions Vivi's posts as being "off-putting." Steiner is Town, not a Mafia trying to throw around nonsense posts. What was it about Vivi's posts that were so off-putting? If only Steiner posted more often.

The latter stage of Day Two centred on the whole cop business. Vivi ended up being lynchmaker. Central to Vivi voting for Zidane was the lack of suspicion Vivi had over me. While I'm glad of it, no reason was given as to why. At the start of the day, i was suspicious. Then something changed. It might've been my post against Zidane, but then why would Vivi take my word over Zidane? It's a question I still can't answer.

At the end, after some umming and ahhing, Vivi voted for Zidane.

Conclusion

Ugh, I'm going to be wrong, aren't I?

##VOTE: Vivi

After everything, having summarised all the suspicious posts and interesting quirks, Vivi just has... more. There's the night role post, or the way I'm suddenly Vivi's best friend in the game, or the sudden mini-gun of posts on Day Two. When I look at Quina, there just isn't as much questionable behaviour.

So yes, I'm going to go for Vivi. If I'm wrong, then I'm sorry, and that's a well played game of Mafia, there, Quina. :)

[M] Gaius
01-15-2017, 11:22 PM
BLnpA_bxMy8

Psychotic
01-16-2017, 08:00 AM
Vivi stood with his staff pointed at Quina, and Quina pointed its staff right back at him. Eiko stood between them. She was unsure who to believe. Round and round in circles the arguments went. Was it Vivi? Was it Quina? No, surely it must be Vivi. Ah, but then why did Quina...?
"No," she said. "No." The two foes turned. "As the cop of this here town, I know who the mafia is." She pointed at a disbelieving Vivi.
"No hard feelings," he whispered as the noose was tied around his neck. Did I do the right thing? wondered Eiko.

Vivi was a Vanilla Townie played by the exuberant FFNut!

Eiko let out a little noise of terror. "YOU?!" she wheeled around to Quina, who gave a non committal shrug. "B-but how?" Eiko spluttered. "Why?"
"I do what I want," replied Quina, thrusting its frog fork into Eiko's chest, killing her instantly. "You have problem?"

Eiko was a Cop played by the steadfast and determined Formalhaut.

That of course leaves our winner Quina, who was a Mafia Goon played by the absolutely majestic Fox.

Thanks for playing, everyone! :quina: