PDA

View Full Version : You ever get "travel cravings"?

Fynn
01-20-2017, 03:28 PM
This is such a weird thing, now that I think about it, but I don't think there's a better way to describe it.

The whole day today I've been fantasizing about going to Mexico. There is no reason for it, I have no idea where this thought came from, I just have this sudden strong need to go there. I think I used to have stuff like this happen to me in the past like with Hawaii.

Anyone else get this? Maybe this is because I don't travely a lot and would like to do that more often.

Psychotic
01-20-2017, 07:03 PM
For some reason I fancy going to Vienna. I don't really know much about what's in Vienna. But hey fuck it, Vienna!

Freya
01-20-2017, 07:06 PM
I really want to see alaska. I just.. I want to see it! They're supposed to have bears and lots of trees and wilderness and I wanna go.

starlet
01-20-2017, 09:45 PM
All the time! Some people call it wanderlust too and I mean... I just wanna go everywhere and see all the things.

Depression Moon
01-20-2017, 11:36 PM
I've been fantasizing leaving the house.

Mirage
01-20-2017, 11:50 PM
Literally all the time. Must be that nomadic genetic heritage.

Crystal and I have already decided that we want to visit half of the countries in the world so...

drotato
01-21-2017, 04:57 AM
god, all the time. i wanna visit a lot of places in general, but some of them are top of the list for me and i can't wait to travel.

such as Scandinavia, Guatemala, and Italy. I am obsessed with Norse mythology and such, and wanna visit places all over Scandinavia. i really wanna visit the rain forest Guatemala. and Italy just has so much art and culture that is fascinating to me.

ugh. someday.

Colonel Angus
01-22-2017, 03:31 AM
Yes, but then I remember most travel involves airlines so smurf that.

Vasher
01-23-2017, 03:03 AM
The whole day today I've been fantasizing about going to Mexico.

I'm used to frequent travel, but haven't been as often, of late, because "babies". Got some great destinations planned for this year, though.

I was a frequent visitor to Mexico. In high school, I would pick up Oakley "Full Metal Jacket" glasses for next to nothing in Tijuana. Used to go to the Marti Gra 'esque celebration in Rosarito, and chartered fishing boats year, after year, out of Ensenada. Haven't been since the onset of heavy drug war violence.

As a fellow Caucasian, your inclination to travel there could only mean one thing, a predisposition to decapitation. Sorry that I'm the bearer of bad news.

Bubba
01-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Not having children till my thirties meant I've crossed a lot of destinations from my bucket list already :D Still some places I need to see though!

West coast of America - San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas
Hawaii - I want to play ukulele with Jake Shimabukuro in a hammock. Not the same hammock as that will hinder my playing and I want to impress him
Rugby in Warwickshire - Psychotic says it's the most beautiful and exotic place on the planet Earth.

Vasher
01-24-2017, 02:19 PM
Not having children till my thirties meant I've crossed a lot of destinations from my bucket list already :D Still some places I need to see though!

West coast of America - San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas
Hawaii - I want to play ukulele with Jake Shimabukuro in a hammock. Not the same hammock as that will hinder my playing and I want to impress him
Rugby in Warwickshire - Psychotic says it's the most beautiful and exotic place on the planet Earth.

If you ever make it out to Las Vegas/Los Angeles, let me know. You may not know me, but my wife and I are fun/genuine people and enjoy fun/genuine people. You seem like you fit the bill, your wife must too (duh). :D

Vasher
01-24-2017, 02:22 PM
Oh, and favorites for me, so far, are Germany and the Caribbean Island of Roatan. Maui (Hawaiian Island) is beautiful as well. Holds a special place
in my heart, was married there.

Loony BoB
01-24-2017, 03:34 PM
I'm weird in that there are a lot of places I'd love to go, and I have the funds required and more than enough holiday time to go see them... but I don't. Basically for me, I have to have someone to go with, and there are surprisingly few close friends of mine that will just shut up and take my money. There's also the fact I live alone with a cat who hates everyone but me, and I am a bit weird about leaving her on her own for lengthy periods because of that.

Bubba
01-24-2017, 03:42 PM
If you ever make it out to Las Vegas/Los Angeles, let me know. You may not know me, but my wife and I are fun/genuine people and enjoy fun/genuine people. You seem like you fit the bill, your wife must too (duh). :D

That I will, my friend!

Basically for me, I have to have someone to go with, and there are surprisingly few close friends of mine that will just shut up and take my money.

Not to worry, BoB. Your saviour is here! I will happily take your money in exchange for my company on our world adventures :D

BoB and Bubba Take the World 2017!

I'll start a thread and we can discuss travel arrangements on there.

starlet
01-24-2017, 10:09 PM
Oh, and favorites for me, so far, are Germany and the Caribbean Island of Roatan. Maui (Hawaiian Island) is beautiful as well. Holds a special place
in my heart, was married there.

Germany is indeed fucking lovely, can confirm. Unfortunately we only really got to see northern Germany and not Munich. And I really want to go back for Gotik wave treffen in Leipzig one of these years, it looks like so much fun~

chionos
01-25-2017, 07:03 AM
I could spend my whole life traveling, but I don't. I love road trips, but I don't take them.

I'd love to visit all the great libraries in Europe, drink all the different beers, see something new every day. At some point I need to ask myself why I'm wishing I would do these things instead of just doing them. Perhaps it'll be the theme of my midlife crisis.