PDA

View Full Version : Old Habits Die Hard With A Vengeance

Quindiana Jones
01-22-2017, 10:30 PM
I suddenly stopped biting my fingernails in 2016, and now I don't know what I'm supposed to do with myself.

This is a lifetime long habit that disappeared overnight, and now my fingers have weird trout on the end of them.

Pros:

Scratching is oh so good now.
Levelled up my nose picking game.
Tippy tapping the tabletops has basically become a full time occupation.

Cons:

How fast do they grow?! Good god.
Scratching is oh so dangerous now.
My nose keeps bleeding.
I no longer have any tables.

What habits have you lost in your life? Did you do so with great effort, or did you simply grow out of them? What challenges did you face? And, most importantly...

Does anyone know anywhere in Bristol I can get a good manicure? :blush:

GrimmReaper
01-23-2017, 12:13 AM
Unrelated; I too pick my nose, but as a driving habit.

As far as habits dropped; I have dropped a couple mannerisms and such, but then I also started new different habits as a result (like purposefully putting my hands in my pockets as a secret act of defiance)

Bubba
01-23-2017, 12:45 PM
I have serious problems biting my fingernails. I will bite them right down to the point where it's painful/draws blood. When I'm older I'm basically gonna have hands like Jeremy Beadle.

Quindiana Jones
01-26-2017, 07:23 PM
That image makes me think of Deadpool. Can't imagine why....

Formalhaut
01-26-2017, 10:58 PM
I used to be rather bad at biting my nails, but I stopped a long time ago. Now, I don't even know why. It just seems unnecessary. Having said that, I used to eat paper as a kid, so who am I to judge?

qwertysaur
01-26-2017, 11:10 PM
Another former nail biter here. I also have a weird habit of walking in circles while on the telephone.

Laddy
01-27-2017, 04:03 PM
I run my hands through why hair far too often when it's inappropriate or unhygienic. See also: picking at blemishes.

I need to stop looking at myself in the mirror. It's so tempting though! :(