PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Last Jedi (aka Episode VIII)

charliepanayi
01-23-2017, 05:24 PM
It has a name now anyway. Commence hype and predictions for the film here.

Fynn
01-23-2017, 05:27 PM
Luke dies

Formalhaut
01-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Sounds pretty scary, eh?

Bubba
01-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Luke dies

I was gonna follow straight on with "Leia dies" then I remembered :(

Fox
01-23-2017, 08:58 PM
Jedi is plural as well as singular. Maybe there's a secret planet full of the bastards

charliepanayi
01-23-2017, 10:56 PM
So it's like Aliens?

Vincent, Thunder God
01-24-2017, 01:10 AM
Luke dies

Apparently Carrie had filmed all of her scenes for VIII so she'll be in it at least, but the writers will have to find a way to write her off in IX.

Sephex
01-24-2017, 05:20 AM
My first instinct upon hearing the title was also thinking that Luke will die, but that seems a bit too obvious. The title could refer to the fact that Luke doesn't consider himself a Jedi and Rey becomes one by the end of the film. Or Luke does indeed die, but the title will make sense in some other way by that point in the film.

No matter what, color me excited. It will be nice to see Mark Hamill back in action with more than a slow turn and look of despair/determination! My only fear is that even if everything else in the movie feels different (like comparing Empire to A New Hope at the time), having Luke instead of Han as "mentor man" might feel repetitive.

krissy
01-24-2017, 05:26 AM
TRAINING MONTAGE WITH SMASH MOUTH'S 'ALL STAR (wars)'

maybee
01-24-2017, 06:50 AM
TRAINING MONTAGE WITH SMASH MOUTH'S 'ALL STAR (wars)'

Just pictured Luke farting and in a scottish voice saying to Rey " Better out than in ".

Fox
01-24-2017, 08:27 AM
Luke dies

Apparently Carrie had filmed all of her scenes for VIII so she'll be in it at least, but the writers will have to find a way to write her off in IX.

They're gonna blow up another planet aren't they

Vincent, Thunder God
01-24-2017, 08:31 PM
Luke dies

They're gonna blow up another planet aren't they

I didn't think of that. I guess that would be the easiest way to write in her death offscreen but it would be a pretty lame death for such an important character.

Slothy
01-24-2017, 08:38 PM
My first instinct upon hearing the title was also thinking that Luke will die, but that seems a bit too obvious. The title could refer to the fact that Luke doesn't consider himself a Jedi and Rey becomes one by the end of the film. Or Luke does indeed die, but the title will make sense in some other way by that point in the film.

Or it could just refer to the fact that Luke is presently the Last Jedi and will be a major player in the film.

Aulayna
01-24-2017, 11:49 PM
Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Well the Force apparently wasn't very strong.

It's a joke. Please don't hurt me.

Sephex
01-25-2017, 02:26 AM

Or it could just refer to the fact that Luke is presently the Last Jedi and will be a major player in the film.

It could be that simple too, yes. After making that post I recalled that Yoda said in Return of the Jedi that once he passes, the last of the Jedi Luke will be.

Cell
01-25-2017, 10:52 AM
Could be that the guardians of the Force in future films might not technically be Jedi (like Donnie Yen's character in Rogue One) or some sort of mixed users, who combine elements of the dark side with the force.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

Or something.

maybee
01-25-2017, 04:52 PM

Hmm yeah agree with this theory,this movie is just going to be heavily Luke focused and be about his return.

Del Murder
01-25-2017, 11:32 PM
Could be that the guardians of the Force in future films might not technically be Jedi (like Donnie Yen's character in Rogue One) or some sort of mixed users, who combine elements of the dark side with the force.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

Or something.
That was my thought too. Perhaps the only way to end this destructive conflict of light and dark once and for all is to blend them. The Force is with everyone, not just Jedi.

Scruffington
01-26-2017, 03:32 AM
Really excited for Episode VIII. TFA was a fantastic movie. I definitely need to rewatch it soon.

Sephiroth
01-27-2017, 04:49 AM
I thought that Luke is gonna die once I was out of the movie for the first time.

charliepanayi
04-14-2017, 05:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

Sephex
04-14-2017, 06:41 PM

hype

Formalhaut
04-14-2017, 06:48 PM
:omgomg:

Del Murder
04-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Will this be the Empire of this trilogy? This trailer certainly is paving the way for that.

charliepanayi
12-14-2017, 06:33 PM
Bump as it's out now!

Jinx
12-14-2017, 08:52 PM
SEEING IT IN 3 HOURS

Jinx
12-14-2017, 08:56 PM
There, changed back to my ol' Leia set for the occasion. :flirt:

Del Murder
12-14-2017, 08:58 PM
My company's holiday party this year involves a private screening of The Last Jedi. Super stoked!

Jinx
12-14-2017, 09:11 PM
My company's holiday party this year involves a private screening of The Last Jedi. Super stoked!

That's pretty cool, when do you get to see it?

Del Murder
12-14-2017, 09:22 PM
Tomorrow afternoon.

Shauna
12-14-2017, 09:32 PM
yeah it was neat

Jinx
12-15-2017, 03:06 AM
-Billie Lourd in twin buns. GG, Star Wars.
-I really, really loved that they showed minor moments between background Resistance characters, like the dude who nodded to his friend, and she replying by tapping on the window, before they got killed. Just those sweet, small touches show that ALL of the characters in this world have a story, friends, and are fighting for a reason. It made the stakes feel so much bigger, come later on in the plot.
-I'm glad they're not going for a FinnxRey romance. I really enjoy them as friends, and the clear course that Finn and Rose are growing closer, but then Finn and Rey's hug was so sweet. I dunno, that's something really touching about people who love each other, but who aren't in love with each other, showing affection like that.
-This movie was funny. Like REALLY funny. I have to say, we were with a tough crowd, though. At times Rob and I were the only ones laughing at clear comedic moments.
-I LOVE what they did with Yoda. Start out with young, CGI Yoda, switch to old, puppet Yoda. I'm glad they brought back his goofiness too. THAT'S the Yoda we all know and love.
-I don't like what they did with Hux. They turned him from a vaguely imposing threat to just a sniveling ponce. Kudos to Domhnall Gleeson for giving it his all, but dang, that was not great.
-I feel like the dropped the ball with Phasma. It's clearly they either never had a plan for her character, or they rewrote the movie so that she no longer fit in. She was completely anticlimactic.
-Adam Driver is looking bae, and Daisy Ridley has gained weight and no longer looks waifish, but ripped as fucked. Did you see that girl's guns? Goddamn.
-I really wanted her to choose to be with Ben and go dark. Man, that would've been something.
-That said, the look she gave Ben as she got on the Falcon and closed the door, and the look Ben had...dang. He really realized that he's all alone now. His uncle, his mother, his only friend. None of them believe in him any more. But, while Luke said to Ben that he wasn't there to save his soul, he said to Leia that there is always a gleam that someone might change. I really don't think good Ben is gone forever.
-POE HOLLERIN' AT REY THO...which, by the way, Rob and I noted that calling them Reypo sounds terrible. Nononono.
-Luke brushing off his shoulders, and that final fuck you "I'll see you around, kid". OOH, you go, brother.
-I really loved the ending scene--whether now, or in the future, hope lives, and the fight will go on.

I think that's all I have for now. Can't wait to see what everyone else thinks.

Bubba
12-15-2017, 08:47 AM
WAS IT GOOD?

BETTER OR WORSE THAN THE FORCE AWAKENS?

Jinx
12-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Very good, much better than The Force Awakens. Easily my favorite Star Wars film.

Freya
12-15-2017, 02:51 PM
Oh i'm going to see it tonight! So hyped!

Psychotic
12-15-2017, 04:15 PM
Just saw it. It's good!

Luke said something in the trailer like "This is not going to go the way you think" and he was pretty spot on. I did not predict a couple of the twists and turns!

Porgs? Porgs. I know they're only there to sell toys but I liked 'em a lot more than the OGs of that realm, Ewoks and Jar Jar.

Shauna
12-15-2017, 05:18 PM
nah man crystal critters are where it's at

Jinx
12-15-2017, 05:38 PM
nah man crystal critters are where it's at

THIS THO

Psychotic
12-15-2017, 06:53 PM
Both tbqh

Also jinx on your first point wasn't that in TFA too

Jinx
12-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Both tbqh

Also jinx on your first point wasn't that in TFA too

very possibly and I either didn't note it at the time, or forgot about it!

Scotty_ffgamer
12-15-2017, 08:29 PM
It was a fun movie to watch, but I had a lot of issues with it. I feel like I’m one of the only ones who wasn’t a huge fan.

Psychotic
12-15-2017, 09:18 PM
It was a fun movie to watch, but I had a lot of issues with it. I feel like I’m one of the only ones who wasn’t a huge fan.Nah I've seen a lot of people online with some issues. Rotten Tomatoes has 93% critics liking it but 57% of audiences.

Here's my biggest issues:
Flying Space Jesus Leia.
The Marvelification of Star Wars in that every scene has to have someone trying to cram a witty one liner into it. Don't get me wrong, I smurfing love a good one liner but it's becoming a bit oversaturated. In particular the opening of the movie with Poe/Hux was pretty meh and "Oh Kylo Ren senpai put on a shirt baka!!!!!!" ugh.
The Finn/Rose arc was kinda pointless and not overly engaging.
Captain Phasma? Pointless. General Hux? Are you going for bumbling buffoon or sociopath general? Pick one and stick to it.

But like you, I had a good time with it and I think it was fun. I also think the positives outweighted the negatives.

In particular Adam Driver knocked it out of the park. I was never on the "oh he's just an angsty kid this SUCKS!" train. Yeah, no trout he is, look at the pressure he must've been under with legendary Space Heroes as his parents and mentor. It doesn't make him a bad villain. Indeed, you really felt raw smurfing hate coming from him when he saw Luke. The Snoke kill was smurfing great too, genuinely thought he'd do a Vader U-Turn. Honestly, he is what prequel Anakin should've been.
Although as mentioned I am not a fan of the need to make everything a one liner, not all of the humour was forced and some of the more visual gags were enjoyable.
Some really iconic and mindblowing moments. The red room fight, hyperspace kamikaze and Luke's last stand (if you can call it that) will all live long in the memory.
Although I moaned about Finn's story, I actually like his personal character arc transforming from trying to run away to trying to sacrifice himself. The transition felt natural.
Ditto Poe.
Old school Yoda. May be a bit member-berry, but I don't care. I dug it.
Luke. Crotchety/regretful old man Luke was an interesting new take on him (as opposed to the tranquil Jedi Master role of Yoda/Obi Wan) but the old Luke still spilled out for example when he saw R2. And, you know, Binary Sunset.
I like that Rey's parents are actually nobody. I've seen people online trying to claim that's Kylo Ren lying, but the hall of mirrors scene basically slaps you in the smurfing face with it.

charliepanayi
12-15-2017, 10:49 PM
The reactions have been pretty divisive but I wouldn't place too much stock in the audience score on Rotten Tomatoes anyway - Justice League has 80% on there!

Scotty_ffgamer
12-15-2017, 11:37 PM
The humor really bugged me. There were some genuinely funny moments like when Luke was messing with Rei as she was told to reach out with the force, but I did think they were trying too hard to be funny. I agree it felt like what Marvel does with the witty one liners.

I also kind of hated the build up and outcome of the Finn and Rose plot line. I didn’t see any good reason for the admiral not to say what her plan was. It almost seemed just to try to make another twist that she actually had a plan and to make the point of her wanting to do what’s right more so than to seem a hero. I liked the Finn and Rose interactions, but the reasoning for the adventure fell flat for me.

Why even have Phasma make it into this movie?

Snoke was ultimately disappointing. I wanted something... more? Kylo Ren is the better and more interesting villain, and I kind of like how things turned out. I would have liked to have some more moments spent making Snoke more interesting though.

I would have liked Luke to survive. I’m sure we’ll get some more force ghost fun with him. My feelings about his end ultimately depends on the next movie.

These are the points that bothered me the most. It’s still a ton of fun to watch. I was also annoyed because we ended up with people we knew sitting next to us, and they were being pretty annoying. It just soured the experience a bit. I’m still excited to see how they conclude everything, though.

Jinx
12-15-2017, 11:47 PM
I also kind of hated the build up and outcome of the Finn and Rose plot line. I didn’t see any good reason for the admiral not to say what her plan was. It almost seemed just to try to make another twist that she actually had a plan and to make the point of her wanting to do what’s right more so than to seem a hero. I liked the Finn and Rose interactions, but the reasoning for the adventure fell flat for me.

While I get what you're saying, I feel in this kase (see key is dead) of "Oh if people just told what they're thinking, that would have avoided a lot of issues!" It this kase is served a purpose--it was meant to 1. desimate the Resistanse for the next film and 2. grow Finn (and I guess Rose too) and espesially Poe to show them that doing whatever the fuk you want bekause you feel like you're right has real konsequenses. And part of working together as a group is listening to the people in kharge--in sirkumstanses like this, they got there for a reason. They know what's up. It was really important to show Poe that it's not always about being a "hero", espesially sinse it's klear he is being prepped to bekome the next leader of the Resistanse. From a narrative standpoint, I'm almost sertain they intended to kill Leia off, even before Fisher passed away.

that said, it still did feel a little kontrived

Scotty_ffgamer
12-16-2017, 12:10 AM

While I get what you're saying, I feel in this kase (see key is dead) of "Oh if people just told what they're thinking, that would have avoided a lot of issues!" It this kase is served a purpose--it was meant to 1. desimate the Resistanse for the next film and 2. grow Finn (and I guess Rose too) and espesially Poe to show them that doing whatever the fuk you want bekause you feel like you're right has real konsequenses. And part of working together as a group is listening to the people in kharge--in sirkumstanses like this, they got there for a reason. They know what's up. It was really important to show Poe that it's not always about being a "hero", espesially sinse it's klear he is being prepped to bekome the next leader of the Resistanse. From a narrative standpoint, I'm almost sertain they intended to kill Leia off, even before Fisher passed away.

that said, it still did feel a little kontrived

I understand the purpose it served, and I can agree with what you said. It just felt a bit off to me how they did it. It wasn’t enough to ruin the movie for me or anything, and what it accomplished was important. I’m interested to see how Poe especially continues to grow as a leader in the next movie.

Chibi Youkai
12-16-2017, 02:44 AM
There was a lot that was good and bad about the movie. Honestly, the more I talk about it with people, the better it seems to get.

It was incredibly nuanced, and subtle in many places. For instance, I thought that his feet not moving, and him being all matrix-y was just bad cgi, but it turns out that should have been a red flag. The same thing with the books showing up at the end. Everyone seems to have picked up on something different, and that very much makes me want to see it again, to find all the little things. Have to agree with everyone else on some points. The humor was way too forced in some points, and space wizard leia was a little much. My fiancee's headcannon is that Kylo saved her, and I kind of like that idea a little bit better.

It seems like episode IX is going to happen after a time jump, probably of at least a few years. That way the kid with the broom has time to grow up and become a potential jedi. Because seriously, that broom totally jumped into his hand. That would also allow them to write Leia out in the opening crawl, saying she died of complications, or something.

Freya
12-16-2017, 06:18 PM
It was "alright" in my opinion.

Sephex
12-17-2017, 12:01 AM
I can understand why people have issues with this movie, but I liked it a lot. I wasn't blown away by it (aside from some damn top tier cinematography), but I absolutely adore Luke in this movie. Mark Hamill did a fantastic job in this movie. I'm on my phone and don't want to go into spoilers, but I will say that I feel the movie dragged at certain points and the pacing of the film was all over the place at times. I don't see why some people are butt hurt about Porgs. There are so many middle aged try hards that feel so obligated to hate them because they are for kids.

Yeah. Imagine that. Imagine elements in Star Wars movies that are geared for kids. Wow. Never happened before now.

Anyway, sorry about the tangent. The Porgs are nothing more than a mild distraction anyway. I don't see what the fuss is about.

Anyway, yeah, it got a bit goofy and it was a weird Star Wars movie, but man do I love that they went nuts with it and took some actual risks in how they made this film. I actually think this one is going to age better as more time passes. I'm not saying it's like The Empire Strikes Back (besides super superficial things, it certain does not feel like a rehash of that movie), but a lot of reactions to this movie are similar to how audiences percieved ESB when it was brand new. I don't think it will ever be considered that brilliant or revered, but I predict a few years down the line more people will appriciate it more.

Well, that's my thoughts. Have at it I guess because we all must have the same opinion or else the world will end.

Freya
12-17-2017, 02:41 AM
I kinda super adore the porgs, myself.

Fox
12-17-2017, 04:32 AM
My thoughts are similar to others - it was good, not great, better than Force Awakens, some really surprising things, some really dumb things.

It was incredibly nuanced, and subtle in many places. For instance, I thought that his feet not moving, and him being all matrix-y was just bad cgi, but it turns out that should have been a red flag.

By far the biggest red flag that I missed at the time (which Kylo Ren in particular should have figured out), was that Luke got out his blue lightsaber. You know, the one that was destroyed by Ren and Rey's force tug of war on Snoke's ship.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-17-2017, 05:44 AM
I liked the Porgs. They were amusing without feeling like they were overused. Cinemetography was pretty great too. After thinking about it, I kind of want to see it again already, so that definitely means I feel more positive than negative about it.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-17-2017, 05:59 AM

Jinx
12-17-2017, 06:43 AM
Porgs are A+.

Let's be real--most of us here love Star Wars, but they are not great films. They're actually objectively bad and campy. Judging a film because it caters to kids--when every fucking Star Wars film has catered to kids--is asinine. THESE. ARE. NOT. GOOD. FILMS. YOU. CAN. STILL. LOVE. THEM. BUT. THEY. ARE. NOT. GOOD.

okay, glad we cleared that up.

maybee
12-17-2017, 08:16 AM
Reason why this is the best Star Wars movie ever made.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ForcefulDesertedGavial-size_restricted.gif

Chibi Youkai
12-17-2017, 04:12 PM
My thoughts are similar to others - it was good, not great, better than Force Awakens, some really surprising things, some really dumb things.

It was incredibly nuanced, and subtle in many places. For instance, I thought that his feet not moving, and him being all matrix-y was just bad cgi, but it turns out that should have been a red flag.

By far the biggest red flag that I missed at the time (which Kylo Ren in particular should have figured out), was that Luke got out his blue lightsaber. You know, the one that was destroyed by Ren and Rey's force tug of war on Snoke's ship.

It took me a bit to realize what was going on with that too. Once I picked up on it, was super confused. Also, the fact that he looks different when talking to Leia and Kylo. He looks a lot younger when talking with kylo. Less gray, less scraggly.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-17-2017, 05:24 PM
They kind of ruined Hux with all the comic relief. There was too much of it. Not to say he couldn't have been in a funny scene, but in the first movie he was a very serious character. He was Hitler-Lite. Any chance of him being a good foil for Kylo is done.

In The Force Awakens they both had value to Snoke. Kylo was the stronger individual with the power of the force, but Hux had the power of the army behind him, like this saga's Grand Moff Tarkin.

I don't doubt that the end result would have been Kylo overpowering Hux and taking control of the army anyway, so I guess I just didn't like the goofy execution.

Sephex
12-17-2017, 06:33 PM
Porgs are A+.

Let's be real--most of us here love Star Wars, but they are not great films. They're actually objectively bad and campy. Judging a film because it caters to kids--when every smurfing Star Wars film has catered to kids--is asinine. THESE. ARE. NOT. GOOD. FILMS. YOU. CAN. STILL. LOVE. THEM. BUT. THEY. ARE. NOT. GOOD.

I'll agree with you on them not being good in terms of overall story telling. The original trilogy should always be recognized as the ground breaking for technical reasons (special effects, editing, music/sound), but yeah, anyone who says the OT had this flawless story or whatever is kidding themselves. If Star Wars didn't exist until a few years ago (and assuming the original debuted as a mega hit in the modern day) both Empire Strikes Back and especially Return of the Jedi would have got crucified by fans.

Darth Vader is this imposing, high ranked hench man with ties to the old ways of The Force.
No wait, he's the hero's father.
Oh, Obi-Wan said he told Luke the truth from a certain point of view. ... ... ... okay.
Oh wait, Leia is also Luke's sister. Don't worry about the sexual tension in the last two films.
Okay, we blew up the thing we also blew up in the first movie, but this time the Empire is finished because the main bad guy is dead. The rest of the forces just gave up.

Jinx
12-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Porgs are A+.

Let's be real--most of us here love Star Wars, but they are not great films. They're actually objectively bad and campy. Judging a film because it caters to kids--when every smurfing Star Wars film has catered to kids--is asinine. THESE. ARE. NOT. GOOD. FILMS. YOU. CAN. STILL. LOVE. THEM. BUT. THEY. ARE. NOT. GOOD.

I'll agree with you on them not being good in terms of overall story telling. The original trilogy should always be recognized as the ground breaking for technical reasons (special effects, editing, music/sound), but yeah, anyone who says the OT had this flawless story or whatever is kidding themselves. If Star Wars didn't exist until a few years ago (and assuming the original debuted as a mega hit in the modern day) both Empire Strikes Back and especially Return of the Jedi would have got crucified by fans.

Darth Vader is this imposing, high ranked hench man with ties to the old ways of The Force.
No wait, he's the hero's father.
Oh, Obi-Wan said he told Luke the truth from a certain point of view. ... ... ... okay.
Oh wait, Leia is also Luke's sister. Don't worry about the sexual tension in the last two films.
Okay, we blew up the thing we also blew up in the first movie, but this time the Empire is finished because the main bad guy is dead. The rest of the forces just gave up.

Oh, definitely. The series has always been amazing with SFX, and the original trilogy paved the way for what we have today. I won't ever argue that, and the original series has mostly held up, despite its age. That's really hard to do (although definitely the benefit of using non-computer special effects).

I mainly meant the story, and definitely the acting.

charliepanayi
12-17-2017, 08:18 PM
Hux

Didn't really have an issue with Hux in this one, his position has always been set as the Hammy British Guy and I never saw him as menacing or intimidating to start with.

Mr. Carnelian
12-17-2017, 11:20 PM
I've seen it twice this weekend, with two different sets of friends. Loved it both times. One of the most unexpected elements was the smouldering intensity between Kylo and Rey. The tension was palpable.

Raistlin
12-18-2017, 01:14 AM
It was ok. The movie was a mess, but has some good moments, good humor, and quality acting.

Pros:

In addition to the above, I like how the movie turned a couple tropes on their head. I like how Poe's mutiny actually smurfed everything up and the Vice-Admiral was right all along. And I think it's fully justified she didn't sit down and go over the details of her plan and reasoning with Poe, because Poe was an upstart asshole underling who was just demoted for insubordination. She was in charge and expected people to just do what she goddamn said. I liked Poe's development into a real leader by the end.

Overall, I thought the last chunk of the movie helped save what was, up until that point, a 6/10 movie at best. The story converging and becoming more coherent and less jumpy, along with Poe and Finn's development, really helped save the movie for me.

Rey kicked ass as always.

Cons:

The writing for the first half at least was a jumbled mess. The only good scene on the island was Luke and Yoda. Everything else was rushed and disjointed.

Leia surviving was retarded. Laughably, cartoonishly bad. Which was a shame, because her death that early was a surprise that still could have weighed on Kylo Ren. It was dumb.

Most of the villains outside of Snoke and Kylo seem pointless and poorly used. Even Snoke's death seemed anticlimactic, as I think we needed more background on him to develop him as the badass he appeared.

The entire casino city adventure seemed reminiscent of a random RPG fetch quest.

Spuuky
12-18-2017, 06:08 AM
I basically agree with what Raistlin said. Except Finn wasn't good.

Del Murder
12-18-2017, 10:16 PM
I've seen it once. I plan to see it again with Miriel. I'll reserve my thoughts until then, but so far I mostly agree with Raistlin.

Freya
12-19-2017, 01:58 AM
He's a doll. Rose was a sweet. Their whole story was fun but it was just so out of place with the rest of the movie. It felt like an unnecessary sidequest. Benicio del Toro's character seemed... not utilized well enough. He was great but I wasn't sure why I should care about that whole situation. Phasma was under used... again. Finn possibly sacrificing himself would have made more of an impact but the whole saving of him thing seemed cheap cop out and left me wondering why include that whole side plot of his.

Had the thing been just about that story of Finn and Rose, it would have been fine. Had it just been about Rey, that would have been fine. It just seemed to fragment it all in pacing putting those two plots together.

Loony BoB
12-21-2017, 09:09 AM
I rewatched The Force Awakens just before watching this, and I just feel like I got more thrill out of watching TFA than I did out of the entirely new movie. I think I just feel like the entire thing was a loss, from start to finish, and nothing that happened gave me any sense of satisfaction because of that. Even the death of Snoke just felt so simple and not as dramatic as they'd hoped. They shouldn't have focused on what was happening because it gave away the drama before it even happened.

I guess the middle movies are always this way? I can't remember.

Christmas
08-21-2022, 02:05 AM
I am quite divided with The Last Jedi but Rise of Skywalker shattered everything. :(