PDA

View Full Version : A New Announcement from SE Tomorrow

Depression Moon
01-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Square Enix has an “exciting announcement” planned for tomorrow, January 26, the company has teased.
In a blog post (http://na.square-enix.com/us/node/6947), the company said, “Keep an eye on our #SquareEnix social feeds tomorrow for an exciting announcement!”

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/01/square-enix-teases-exciting-announcement-january-26#vtzR8wqCh0qTWyy1.99

Colonel Angus
01-25-2017, 09:17 PM
On a maybe not so side note, Marvel also has an announcement tomorrow morning (?). People are buzzing that this may be to announce Marvel characters being included in Kingdom Hearts.

Formalhaut
01-25-2017, 09:18 PM
Is it another mobile game?

Colonel Angus
01-25-2017, 09:21 PM
Final Fantasy XIII-4: Lightning's Puzzle Blast!

Del Murder
01-25-2017, 11:34 PM
I'm more surprised on days when they don't have some announcement to plug.

Scruffington
01-25-2017, 11:37 PM
FF12 release date.

FinalxxSin
01-26-2017, 01:22 AM
FFXII already released in 2006. FFXII: The Zodiac Age (HD Remaster) is hopefully going to get released this year on plan. I don't know what the announcement is going to be about. I hope it isn't another damn mobile game though.......

Scruffington
01-26-2017, 02:24 AM
FFXII already released in 2006. FFXII: The Zodiac Age (HD Remaster) is hopefully going to get released this year on plan. I don't know what the announcement is going to be about. I hope it isn't another damn mobile game though.......

Uh, right. Don't know why you feel the need to regurgitate commonly known 11 year old facts, but alright.

FinalxxSin
01-26-2017, 03:08 AM
Uh, right. Don't know why you feel the need to regurgitate commonly known 11 year old facts, but alright.
A common thing that you made a mistake on. That's why you were corrected.

Scruffington
01-26-2017, 03:18 AM
A common thing that you made a mistake on. That's why you were corrected.

I think it was pretty obvious what I was referring to. There's a fine line between correcting a mistake and being needlessly picky. Makes it seem like you're "correcting" just to be an ass.

Learn to pick and choose your battles. This isn't one worth fighting.

FinalxxSin
01-26-2017, 04:04 AM
I read things as they are. Save your advice for yourself. You should have never responded in the first place.

Sephiroth
01-26-2017, 04:45 AM
I read things as they are. Save your advice for yourself. You should have never responded in the first place.

You clearly did not. It was very obvious that he was talking about the HD Remaster with extra content/International Zodiac Job System and not the original FFXII or the original IZJS. No one who thinks for more than 5 seconds and is a fan of the franchise as well as knows there is a 13, 14, 15, etc. would think that 12 is yet to be released. And if you want to be so nitpicky to go by mentioned name and not specific game reflected through an obvious intention - you are wrong. FFXII Zodiac Age is classified as a FF12 nonetheless, it is all part of the super class "Final Fantasy XII".

At this point this is polemical, I do not know why you two argue so often.

Fynn
01-26-2017, 05:28 AM
If they announce a Marvel world for KHIII I might just kill myself

Bubba
01-26-2017, 08:17 AM
*Sings Why Can't We Be Friends*

Less of the sniping, people.

Just think, they could be releasing FFXVI and FFXVII this year as well! I suppose it would explain why FFXV took them ten years...

Shauna
01-26-2017, 02:16 PM
You were all wrong

http://www.gamezone.com/news/lord-of-vermilion-4-announced-by-square-enix-3450147

Fynn
01-26-2017, 02:20 PM
Oh yes. Just what I've been waiting for. A(nother?) sequel to a card game that I vaguely knew existed but never really cared about. At all.

How does this keep happening

Shauna
01-26-2017, 02:21 PM
Square Enix does a lot of things, not every announcement is catered to you! ;)

I'm sure the game's many fans in Japan are excited about this.

Fynn
01-26-2017, 02:22 PM
I mean, sure, but when websites are all like "omg, get hyped!" and then it turns out to be something completely irrelevant in the West, that's kind of a letdown.

Yar
01-26-2017, 02:30 PM
lmfao you all fell for it

Fynn
01-26-2017, 02:34 PM
I'm just happy Marvel isn't coming to Kingdom Hearts, thank God

Shauna
01-26-2017, 02:49 PM
The hype train's only destination is disappointment.

charliepanayi
01-26-2017, 03:22 PM
https://www.facebook.com/SquareEnix/videos/10154988382349461/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Shauna
01-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Two announcements in one day? Aren't we lucky.

Freya
01-26-2017, 03:33 PM
rq_V6WHSmQs

Loony BoB
01-26-2017, 04:12 PM
Interesting. I'm not sure I'd play a Thor game or anything, but an Avengers game done well could be really interesting. Not sure how they'd really manage it though - SE excel in having characters that slowly grow into their abilities, and I'm not sure that would really work with the Avengers who tend to have access to all their power right from the start?

Still, very intriguing.

Freya
01-26-2017, 04:28 PM
This one is being done by Edios and if you were a fan of the recent tomb raiders, than you'll probably like this, is what i'm assuming. We really don't know much yet! Without that actual SE oversight, we may actually get it in a timely manner? That's so bad to say, I just have less faith in SE for its flagship FF series and KH series than literally any of their other games. I think these smaller groups are able to push things through and finish them quicker than the main group working on the FFs and KHs.

Plus with marvel breathing down their backs, I doubt it will take long to see something come from this. Its one thing to internally put pressure on each other but it's another when that huge monster of a beast Marvel is saying something.

Which to be honest, I'm curious why Disney isn't more pushy with the KH series. Well Disney owns marvel too... But I dunno, with their Marvel movie schedule that they are staying strict too, I think a game would have to be pretty strict on scheduling too.

Jinx
01-26-2017, 06:13 PM
Yf1iMdMy1x4

Colonel Angus
01-27-2017, 12:00 AM
Squeenix will have the game out in a timely manner because they have someone to answer to. I'm sure Marvel will be pretty patient, though, as they've waited this long to find a company to make an Avengers based game (of the non-Lego variety).

Depression Moon
01-27-2017, 02:19 AM
This one is being done by Edios and if you were a fan of the recent tomb raiders, than you'll probably like this, is what i'm assuming. We really don't know much yet! Without that actual SE oversight, we may actually get it in a timely manner? That's so bad to say, I just have less faith in SE for its flagship FF series and KH series than literally any of their other games. I think these smaller groups are able to push things through and finish them quicker than the main group working on the FFs and KHs.

Plus with marvel breathing down their backs, I doubt it will take long to see something come from this. Its one thing to internally put pressure on each other but it's another when that huge monster of a beast Marvel is saying something.

Which to be honest, I'm curious why Disney isn't more pushy with the KH series. Well Disney owns marvel too... But I dunno, with their Marvel movie schedule that they are staying strict too, I think a game would have to be pretty strict on scheduling too.
Disney probably doesn't care about KH a whole lot.

Squeenix will have the game out in a timely manner because they have someone to answer to. I'm sure Marvel will be pretty patient, though, as they've waited this long to find a company to make an Avengers based game (of the non-Lego variety).

Well Square seems to do fine releasing games from Eidos/Crystal Dynamics and this is who will be developing this Avengers game. I've only played the new Tomb Raider reboot for them so I'm underwhelmed by this news.

Sephiroth
01-27-2017, 03:07 AM
I love the new Tomb Raider games and I love Avengers. And I love Action games. And I love whatever is made by those who work with Square. This could be one interesting thing.

Laddy
01-27-2017, 04:09 PM
o wow idc

Del Murder
01-27-2017, 05:16 PM
If this Avengers game becomes the Arkham Asylum on the Marvel side then color me intrigued.

Scruffington
01-27-2017, 06:10 PM
I don't really care about this one much to be honest.

The only Marvel games I care about are Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite and Insomniac's new Spider-Man game.