PDA

View Full Version : Kids are Dumb

Laddy
01-27-2017, 04:24 PM
What dumb or silly misconceptions did you have when you were a kid?

I was a bit of an insufferable bastard as a kid. I thought most everyone outside of my immediate family was a plant or a robot who existed purely as obstacles in my oath to unmitigated greatness. Kind of like a Truman Show concept but with more infantile narcissism.

Fynn
01-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Because my mom tutored a girl with glasses whose name was Paulina, at a certain point I was convinced that all girls who have glasses are named Paulina.

So on my first day in kindergarten I called this girl in glasses Paulina. She was like "My name is Bożena," and I was like "Nah, you're Paulina".

Freya
01-27-2017, 05:33 PM
I thought glasses did make you smarter. So I wanted them really really badly. So they do eye tests at school and I convinced myself I was going to lie to get glasses! I made myself sick thinking about lying, I didn't even go through with it. Then I went on a mission to prove I was smart WITHOUT glasses. Take that you glasses wearing people.

qwertysaur
01-27-2017, 05:35 PM
My little brother had this great train of thought.

The Chinese food delivery driver had a green car. So did his Koreans friends Mom.
So all Asians drove green cars, and all green cars are driven by Asians.

blew his 6 year old mind when my cousin got a green car. :p

Mr. Carnelian
01-27-2017, 05:54 PM
Until the age of 6, I had the bizarre impression that the chickens I'd seen running around on a farm and the chicken I ate were two entirely different things. When confronted about this idea and asked where I thought this "eating chicken" came from, I suggested "Maybe trees?". Stranger still, I didn't have this idea regarding pork and pigs, or beef and cows.

Shauna
01-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Cats are girls and dogs are boys obviously

Quindiana Jones
01-30-2017, 07:01 PM
Look at everyone, with these "When I was proper young" stories.

I was 13 when I found out "lisp" wasn't pronounced "lithp". :colbert:

Scruffington
02-05-2017, 12:38 AM
I thought that life would be easier when you became an adult. Boy was I wrong.

Feelsbadman

Mr. Carnelian
02-05-2017, 02:10 AM
Growing up, I had the impression that my Mum was a centre-left progressive. Pfff, no. She's actually a right-of-centre liberal.

krissy
02-05-2017, 03:04 PM
dads give birth to boys
moms give birth to girls

sharkythesharkdogg
02-10-2017, 05:44 PM
In 5th grade, maybe 4th grade, a kid brought his rabbit to show and tell.

He was in the middle of explaining how you can tell this one was a girl rabbit because "it has two buttholes" when the teacher had to step, and the rest of the class starting laughing pretty hard.

I can't remember stupid things I did/thought. I know they happened, but I guess my mind has blocked them out.

Cell
02-16-2017, 08:52 AM
That being a kid sucked and being an adult would make everything cool.

I wish I knew what I was on at the time.