PDA

View Full Version : More Cup Noodles

Aulayna
01-31-2017, 11:04 AM
Some food and drink stuff unveiled on the 30th Anniversary stream yesterday.

15 variations of FF themed Cup Noodles as well as an Ultima Fork to eat them with.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3fG5JfVUAAF5Nu.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3fHx-RVMAAaXah.jpg

Also Ifrit Rouge and Shiva Blanc wine:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3fJUVFUMAEGglB.jpg

And cakes:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3fJ3JSVUAAPN_Q.jpg

Psychotic
01-31-2017, 11:13 AM
Cup Noodles? Meh.

Cake? Cake shaped like Final Fantasy critters? Alright, now you're talking my language Square-Enix. Where's this game-dev been, huh?

Fynn
01-31-2017, 11:18 AM
what is even happening

Scruffington
01-31-2017, 02:09 PM
Pretty disappointing stuff from SE honestly. I know all of this is really for fun and totally not serious, but I miss the time when Final Fantasy meant more than just a few jokes about eating Cup Noodles.

Then again, SE barely promoted this event. Perhaps it's my fault for having any expectations.

Fynn
01-31-2017, 02:19 PM
I mean, it's not really anything new. Back when FFXII came out they promoted the whole Potion thing, and then there were the FFXIII elixirs.

All dumb as shit

Scruffington
01-31-2017, 02:29 PM
I mean, it's not really anything new. Back when FFXII came out they promoted the whole Potion thing, and then there were the FFXIII elixirs.

All dumb as trout

I remember those. Still, they weren't promoted or advertised in-game like Cup Noodles are. This has by far the most marketing and discussion of any non-FF products I've seen.

I'm glad we agree it's all pretty dumb. :P

Psychotic
01-31-2017, 02:40 PM
Don't forget the FFIX Coca Cola shilling!

Del Murder
02-03-2017, 04:38 PM
The cakes look delicious. Well maybe not cactaur. Something about a green cake turns me off.

Formalhaut
02-03-2017, 06:03 PM
The cakes look nice, but yeah, I agree that this is all a tad farcical :p

maybee
02-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Disappointed that there was no Kuja thong underwear for sale.

For shame SE.

Elly
02-04-2017, 12:30 PM
lol, they always said they modeled after Hollywood, now they have product placement in games like they do in movies...

honestly, even though it's kinda funny i have no problem with it... movie producers need money to finance a movie, they get sponsors... it happens on television too, product placement beyond the commercials and right into the shows... it's pretty much the norm and i already expected the video game industry to follow suit, it was just a matter of time... i'm not shocked or disappointed, it was expected...

Scruffington
02-04-2017, 11:56 PM
lol, they always said they modeled after Hollywood, now they have product placement in games like they do in movies...

honestly, even though it's kinda funny i have no problem with it... movie producers need money to finance a movie, they get sponsors... it happens on television too, product placement beyond the commercials and right into the shows... it's pretty much the norm and i already expected the video game industry to follow suit, it was just a matter of time... i'm not shocked or disappointed, it was expected...

Gaming companies already have additional ways of making money through DLC and microtransactions. Square Enix is no stranger to doing both.

Elly
02-05-2017, 05:56 AM
oh i know, game companies have been trying and sometimes succeeding in getting Product Placement into their games since the PS2... but with it becoming more prevalent i just don't think anyone should find it surprising... i remember on PS3 there was this one fiasco with Wipeout, they showed full motion advertisements on the billboards and it caused major frame drops in the game making it almost unplayable, they had to remove the full motion ads in favor of static ones... other developers may have tried earlier but i took notice of it during the time of the PS2, i remember one of the Matrix games having Mountain Dew machines or something like that in it, regardless of the brand it was a real world soda company... i'm not counting games like Cool Spot and Sneak King those were made by their companies (in this example 7•Up and Burger King) specifically to sell their food and drinks...

Rez09
02-09-2017, 12:18 AM
That cactuar hockey puck is amazing.