PDA

View Full Version : PSX verses PS2, 3, and 4

Saber
02-02-2017, 11:31 PM
Sure the games are now old and out of date but we PS1 gamers can say this.

1. We had the most Final Fantasy game titles released. We had Final Fantasy I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX all on 1 system. When I recall PS2 only having Final Fantasy X, XI, and XII. Sadly Final Fantasy XIII was the main game for the PS3 era. Also the PS4 is still new and I won't go there.

2. We seen Squaresoft become really successful and seen the transition to Squarenix. The games changed but the fanbase still stayed strong.

3. We didn't have analog controllers for most of our games. That is right, most PS1 controllers weren't fleshed out with two joysticks. We had to buy memory cards and didn't have to worry about updates!

4. We were the first to play 3d games! Yeah before there was great graphics like X and after, there was 2d games and that was fine to many players.

5. PS2 was backwards compatible making all our games just as great!

There is many things PS1 players liked about the square-soft titles. Mainly graphics and well accepted gameplay. Sure there are imports on almost all systems but VII, VIII, and IX were really well received. /end-rant

Fynn
02-03-2017, 05:51 AM
The PS1 era is probably also the last time when SE really experimented with new IPs with stuff like Parasite Eve, Xenogears, Threads of Fate, and Brave Fencer Musashk. The only new successful thing from SE on the PS2 was Kingdom Hearts.

Squall Leonhart Loire
02-03-2017, 07:09 AM
The PS1 era is probably also the last time when SE really experimented with new IPs with stuff like Parasite Eve, Xenogears, Threads of Fate, and Brave Fencer Musashk. The only new successful thing from SE on the PS2 was Kingdom Hearts.
This.

Skyblade
02-03-2017, 07:35 AM

1. We had the most Final Fantasy game titles released. We had Final Fantasy I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX all on 1 system. When I recall PS2 only having Final Fantasy X, XI, and XII. Sadly Final Fantasy XIII was the main game for the PS3 era. Also the PS4 is still new and I won't go there.

And? Any of the other systems can make the same claim, either through backwards compatibility or through the PS Store.

I'm sorry, I don't think counting ports or remakes of the original games should really count as a selling point here, because it's becoming harder and harder to find a system that doesn't let you have all your FF games on one system. I own them all on PC. Has the PC had a greater era of game releases than any of the consoles? No. No it doesn't.

The PSX had VII, VIII, and IX. PS2 had X, XI, and XII. PS3 had XIII, XIII-2, and XIII-3. PS4 has XV (it may be new, but they've already had a mid-console generation update to it, so I don't mind counting it).

Saber
02-03-2017, 08:30 AM

And? Any of the other systems can make the same claim, either through backwards compatibility or through the PS Store.

PSone had more hard copies of the games. I think that is the point I was making. You can download from PS network but that takes memory and systems to do it.