View Full Version : Persona 5 | Official Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Scruffington
02-05-2017, 12:05 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Persona_5_cover_art.jpg

Release Date
----------------

WW: April 4, 2017

We are now officially two months away from the worldwide release of Persona 5, the latest installment of the Persona series from Atlus. The game is currently available in Japan, and its sole review score is a 39/40 from Famitsu.

What are you most excited about in Persona 5?

Fox
02-05-2017, 01:08 AM
It's gonna be my first Persona game and I'm going pretty much blind! I think this is the one where they don't have dual audio though which is super annoying for me. I'd rather play in Japanese for the practice but I'm not good enough yet to have all the text in Japanese as well...

Oh well. It's a small thing. I'm super pumped for this game and avoiding most of the run up media for it. I've watched a few trailers and this is the first game I've ever seen that I would be willing to buy for the UI design alone. It's like Jet Set Radio but in an equipment menu. Beautiful.

Formalhaut
02-05-2017, 01:16 AM
I've already been listening to some of my favourite music tracks. Unfortunately, most of my favourite tracks don't involve the lead singer for this game, Lyn, but I think I've mentioned how I feel about her in previous threads.

The combat system looks amazing though, with all the new additions. Can't wait to play it!

Mirage
02-05-2017, 04:25 AM
how can you make an official thread when you're not staff and not the game's developers? :p

Squall Leonhart Loire
02-05-2017, 05:20 AM
weeaboo nerd game. have fun with you waifus you weebs *sarcasm*

Getting this and I know it'll be better than Sasuke's Boy-band Trip XV.

Fynn
02-08-2017, 08:19 AM
how can you make an official thread when you're not staff and not the game's developers? :p

Shhhh. Let people be active and excited about things. You know, you should try it yourself someday! :p

I've already been listening to some of my favourite music tracks. Unfortunately, most of my favourite tracks don't involve the lead singer for this game, Lyn, but I think I've mentioned how I feel about her in previous threads.

The combat system looks amazing though, with all the new additions. Can't wait to play it!

Do you intend to tell me you DON'T think Rivers in the Desert is the best ducking thing in existence?!

Also, I have tons of spoilers. But that's okay since I won't have a PS4 for a while now.

And do we really have to resort to putting games into each other like that?

Mirage
02-08-2017, 02:13 PM
i... i can be excited too!

Fynn
02-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Do it

Slothy
02-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Also, I have tons of spoilers. But that's okay since I won't have a PS4 for a while now.

You know it's being released for the PS3 as well right? Or do you just specifically want the PS4 version because you like suffering?

Fynn
02-08-2017, 02:34 PM
I have neither and refuse to buy a dead console

Slothy
02-08-2017, 03:13 PM
That seems a bit silly to me. The PS3 has a pretty great library of games you could get caught up on and isn't very expensive anymore.

Fynn
02-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Most games that interest me on that platform are already available through other means that are accessible to me. And not only are video games and related things 50% more expensive in Europe, I live in a country the economy of which is pretty crap and I'm saving for a house, so the most I can afford is like, buying a 3DS game every six months. So I think my reasoning's pretty sound in this. I'd rather wait to buy a PS4 later since it already has more titles that interest me AND it will be getting more games in the future.

Slothy
02-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Fair enough. I do hear houses are expensive. It's why I've preferred to stick the old tried and true cardboard box for all of my housing needs. :exdee:

Fynn
02-08-2017, 03:22 PM
I've sadly reached a point that that won't suffice :(

Mirage
02-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Do it

I am!

I'm just feeling miserable because i'm sick and haven't been able to eat more than two slices of bread since sunday.

Fynn
02-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Try harder

Formalhaut
02-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Do you intend to tell me you DON'T think Rivers in the Desert is the best ducking thing in existence?!

Don't put words into my mouth! :p I really like Rivers in the Desert, and it is actually one of Lyn's better vocal performances. I just don't think she delivers on Last Surprise and Beneath the Mask, which is a shame, because I otherwise really like the battle theme for this game.

Fynn
02-08-2017, 03:46 PM
She does and you're deaf :colbert:

Formalhaut
02-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Well, that's that then. :colbert:

Pumpkin
02-08-2017, 04:13 PM
My favourite personas is the one that looks like a peepee

Fynn
02-08-2017, 04:14 PM
A peepee on a chariot, Pumpkin, don't forget!

Pumpkin
02-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Even better

Mirage
02-08-2017, 04:23 PM
o hay are you guys talking about mara (http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/a/ab/Mara.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20111001020039)?

Fynn
02-08-2017, 04:25 PM
How did you guess?

Cthulhu is pretty rad, tho

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/0/0e/Cthulhu2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080806040825

Honestly, MegaTen has a ton of penis demons

Slothy
02-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Would we want it any other way? What's life without a lot of penises?

Fynn
02-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Honestly, I think Cthulhu is my favorite because at first you don't see it but then it's like "Woah! Hello there!"

Fynn
02-09-2017, 06:03 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I was kind of hesitant regarding Persona 5's music at first since the new vocalist didn't feel like a good fit. But after listening to it a few times, damn did it grow on me! Lyn has a fantastic voice that has a really original, jazzy quality to it, matching perfectly to the stylistics of the songs.

So what do you guys think of the soundtrack? Or maybe you're holding out on listening to it until you get to play the game? What are your favorite tracks? Mine is definitely Rivers in the Desert!

KukSVxgsQkg

Mirage
02-09-2017, 06:04 PM
your link is broken

Fynn
02-09-2017, 06:06 PM
your face is broken

Mirage
02-09-2017, 06:08 PM
thanks i needed a pep talk

Fynn
02-09-2017, 06:09 PM
you're welcome, nerd

Mirage
02-09-2017, 07:59 PM
i can't really say i'm feeling this song, though. it's not doing much for me.

Formalhaut
02-09-2017, 08:01 PM
I've listened to a good sampling, and most of the music is first-rate. It's jazzy and contemporary. It certainly isn't dull, and fits the setting and mood very well. Whoever chose contemporary jazz as the OST theme should be applauded.

I feel like Lyn is really good at the choruses (especially in Rivers in the Desert) but I can't help but think the quality wanes during the verses. Parts of songs where it's quieter are where it is most evident. "On razor's edge now" during Rivers in the Desert is sung very abruptly. The words don't follow through to the next, they're... isolated? I don't know, describing singing is hard.

And to be honest, I can't help but feel I'm being a little harsh. English isn't Lyn's first language, and honestly she does a good job overall (I know I couldn't sing in Japanese, that's for sure). It's just when I'm listening to these songs (which is often, as they're on my iPod) a few parts clunk. The rest is great.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Does anyone have advice about which version to buy?

Originally I was just going to get the PS3 version but now I'm not sure (I own both consoles). It seems the main difference with the PS4 version is an increase in resolution, but it's about $20 more expensive (here in Canada anyway). I heard that maybe the load times are a bit faster as well. However the battery life of the controller will be longer on the PS3. Which version are you guys buying?

Squall Leonhart Loire
02-18-2017, 11:17 PM
Niche anime weeaboo title that's going to sell 5 copies here in the west. Who cares about it?

Slothy
02-18-2017, 11:57 PM
Niche anime weeaboo title that's going to sell 5 copies here in the west. Who cares about it?

Far more than 5 people. And if you don't I'm curious why you bothered to come in here just to share some negativity and harsh everyone's buzz?

Squall Leonhart Loire
02-18-2017, 11:58 PM

Far more than 5 people. And if you don't I'm curious why you bothered to come in here just to share some negativity and harsh everyone's buzz?Harsh everyone's buzz? Nobody in real life cares about Persona. Only JRPGs people care about are Pokemon, FF, and KH.

Slothy
02-19-2017, 12:40 AM
Still not sure why you insist on joining a fan site for a JRPG series, name yourself after a JRPG character, then proceed to be a bit of a jerk to people around here who are actually excited about a JRPG. This really shouldn't be a surprising situation to you as a clear fan of at least one JRPG.

Squall Leonhart Loire
02-19-2017, 01:07 AM
Final Fantasy is not a JRPG series. It has Western settings and Western characters. Calling Final Fantasy a JRPG series is like calling Dark Souls a JRPG. It is nothing like one.

Slothy
02-19-2017, 04:50 AM
That is factually incorrect but whatever.

Squall Leonhart Loire
02-19-2017, 05:05 AM
The first six Final Fantasy games were heavily influenced by western European fantasy. The games for the most part always had European settings with European looking characters. Later on, the franchise grew to take heavy western themes. VIII and IX in particular. What JRPGs do this? Millions of people, even millions of non-gamers, play Final Fantasy but no other JRPGs. Maybe Kingdom Hearts or Pokemon but that's it.

Fynn
02-19-2017, 06:28 AM
Dragon Quest, the quintessential JRPG has a very Western setting in every installment, so your argument is moot? And Persona's popularity has grown significantly, so it definitely won't be bought by just five people.

What's your deal anyway? You come into random threads about games you don't care about and are just so negative in the least constructive way possible? Go hug a cat or something, you're wasting your life away like this.

Squall Leonhart Loire
02-19-2017, 07:30 AM
I have no life.

Psychotic
02-19-2017, 08:41 AM
I have no life.I'm sorry for you about that but the act's getting old. Knock it off.

Forsaken Lover
02-19-2017, 11:37 AM
I've heard this is the best Persona game yet, even from big fans of both the old games and 3 and 4. Anything that can potentially surpass the greatness that was P4G is worth all my moneys so I'm gonna get that special edition off Amazon. I'm gonna get a backpack! It's like I'm back in school again, getting BS pop quizzes from my teacher who either calls me a degenerate dumbass or who wants to sleep with me

That was everyone else's high school experience too, right?

Elly
03-03-2017, 12:41 PM
it comes out today, i'm going to pick up my "Take Your Heart" Edition when GameStop opens at 10... hope everyone enjoys the game, and it attracts new players as well, think i'll continue playing Horizon until time to pick it up and the inevitable 8+ hour Day One Patch finishes installing...

Fynn
03-03-2017, 12:46 PM
Persona doesnt come out until April, sadly

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-03-2017, 01:38 PM
I think 2 will still be the best Persona.

Elly
03-03-2017, 04:31 PM
aaawww, first Feb. 14, then Mar. 3, now April, that sux...

Scruffington
03-03-2017, 06:38 PM
aaawww, first Feb. 14, then Mar. 3, now April, that sux...

Nah it never was supposed to release today. It was supposed to release on Feb 14 but got pushed back to April 4.

Thankfully that day is pretty close. :)

Formalhaut
03-04-2017, 12:46 AM
Argh, but Mass Effect: Andromeda is being released mid-March which is too close and bunched up together!

I'll have to get Persona 5 in the summer, I think.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-04-2017, 01:03 AM
Argh, but Mass Effect: Andromeda is being released mid-March which is too close and bunched up together!

Get the JRPG. JRPG is always the right choice.

Slothy
03-04-2017, 02:05 PM

I need a new graphics card for Andromeda (which I can't afford right now), but I can play Persona 5 on the PS3 I already own so that's my choice made for me really.

Mirage
03-05-2017, 04:47 AM

I need a new graphics card for Andromeda (which I can't afford right now), but I can play Persona 5 on the PS3 I already own so that's my choice made for me really.

What do you have at the moment?

Slothy
03-05-2017, 12:25 PM
GTX 560 Ti.

Might be able to press my luck but meh. I think I'll just wait anyway because I can only afford one of the games right now anyway (not really, but screw it, I'm buying Persona 5 anyway).

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-08-2017, 03:50 PM
This was random and weird:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/2v41pp/i_didnt_know_soulja_boy_was_a_persona_fan/

Skyblade
04-08-2017, 07:03 PM
This game is amazing so far, and I love it, and I want to talk about it but spoilers, and oh my gosh, it's great, but no one is talking about it and not enough of my friends have a PS4 to play it, and I have no one to talk to about my awesome speculations and other questions that are arising, and it's a fantastic game that deserves more discussion and... :omgomg:

I like it so far.

Formalhaut
04-08-2017, 08:26 PM
This game is amazing so far, and I love it, and I want to talk about it but spoilers, and oh my gosh, it's great, but no one is talking about it and not enough of my friends have a PS4 to play it, and I have no one to talk to about my awesome speculations and other questions that are arising, and it's a fantastic game that deserves more discussion and... :omgomg:

I like it so far.

Oh trust me, the moment summer arrives and I've got some disposable, I'm dropping it on Persona 5.

Fynn
04-08-2017, 08:41 PM
While I still need a PS4. It's so painful seeing everyone enjoying it while I have to wait :(

Slothy
04-08-2017, 10:18 PM
While I still need a PS4. It's so painful seeing everyone enjoying it while I have to wait :(

I have to wait too so we can both suffer together.

Elly
04-09-2017, 12:27 PM
it's also on PS3 if you don't have a PS4 yet...
yeah this game oozes with style and awesomeness, i pretty much only play it every other day so i don't burn-out... this is one game i don't want to burn-out on halfway through...

Fynn
04-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Don't have a PS3 either :(

Vyk
04-09-2017, 06:40 PM
Don't have a PS3 either :( I'm in awe at how much you may have missed out on in the past generation and a half, or did something happen? Either way I feel for you, it'd be a daunting task to catch up now, but it sucks that you're missing out on newer greats as well :/

Fynn
04-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Don't mind. Had a Wii plus all the handhelds, which are really all I care about, plus I have a decent gaming PC. So really, not missing much

Pumpkin
04-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Except games like P5 and FFXV that you're super hype to play

Fynn
04-09-2017, 07:14 PM
I mean, I'm not that miffed I missed the PS3 era. I am upset I can't get a PS4 yet

(Also don't forget the KH Remix compilation, 2.8, the Zodiac Age...)

Mirage
04-09-2017, 07:24 PM
ffxiiizjs is probably gonna be on steam as well. just wait a few months and i'm sure ff15 is there too

Formalhaut
04-09-2017, 07:25 PM
The PS4 may have had a slow start, but it is rapidly building up steam.

Fynn
04-09-2017, 07:33 PM
ffxiiizjs is probably gonna be on steam as well. just wait a few months and i'm sure ff15 is there too

Ok but KH and Persona are pretty much guaranteed NOT to have a Steam release

Formalhaut
04-09-2017, 07:50 PM
To be honest I'd invest in a PS4 anyway (once you can). So many games out this year that I want for it, not to mention any games later on down the line.

Pumpkin
04-09-2017, 07:52 PM
I love all my PS consoles, so many games that I like!

Formalhaut
04-09-2017, 07:54 PM
Need to go back to the PS3 though soon and finish the KH games, as well as a few others I've abandoned.

Though seeing how I'm playing ME: A that might take me a year.

Vyk
04-09-2017, 08:19 PM
There's also most of the Tales games, though newer ones are at least seeing PC releases

Fynn
04-09-2017, 08:26 PM
I do want to get a PS4 eventually. But there's so much other stuff I have to spend my money on right now.

Elly
04-09-2017, 10:30 PM
that would be the PS3, it started at the back and didn't surpass the others until the final stretch... the PS4 hit the ground running and left the other consoles coughing in the dust-cloud at the gate...

yeah Fynn, i feel for ya man, but when you get your PS4 it's gonna be some of the most awesome gaming fun ever... it's tax season, maybe invest some of those returns into one...

Vyk
04-09-2017, 10:48 PM
Well I did end up acquiring the game, waiting for the Japanese audio patch to download and compare the two before I commit to really playing it

Mirage
04-09-2017, 11:04 PM
that would be the PS3, it started at the back and didn't surpass the others until the final stretch... the PS4 hit the ground running and left the other consoles coughing in the dust-cloud at the gate...

yeah Fynn, i feel for ya man, but when you get your PS4 it's gonna be some of the most awesome gaming fun ever... it's tax season, maybe invest some of those returns into one...

i'm not so sure about that. it just had more power, and a few but good exclusives. the rest was just rehashes from ps3. game-wise, it had a slow start

Vyk
04-10-2017, 12:14 AM
A lot of people bought a PS3 initially as a multi-functional blu-ray player, and if I remember correctly, it was still cheaper than actual blu-ray players of the time, which were $700 - 1000, and this one just happened to play games, as scarce as any good games were at the time. The PS4 was bought for games, and didn't take nearly as long for the good ones to start showing up. Plus, the PS3 started from behind, the Wii dominated the industry when it came out and the 360 was a lot cheaper and easier to port PC games to. The PS4 learned from that lesson and so it's more computer'y and easier to port games to, easier to develop for in general, and more widely enjoyed by the gaming audience. It's been dominating this generation since it started, even if it didn't start out with all stellar games. At least if my memory is true at any rate. I didn't bother to verify any of this

Edit: (hours later, but no need to double-post) Finally finished installing the Japanese audio and played the first hour twice, once for each language, and really they are pretty spot-on with each other. They put very similar voices to characters in each language. So there's not really much to sway preference other than bias. I'm probably gonna have to stick with English, but I like having the option. I've heard a lot of complaints about squeaky high pitched mousey voices in the Japanese version though, and the last thing I need in my Persona games is more P4Golden version of Chie. I've heard someone call the English version "bored white girl" voice acting, which is way more tolerable to my ears. I'll take girls similar to PS2 P4 Chie over P4Golden Chie

maybee
04-10-2017, 04:30 AM
BEST JRPG GAME SINCE FINAL FANTASY X, HOLY trout

edit : Fynn don't look. Pretend it says XII.

Fynn
04-10-2017, 06:02 AM
P4G Chie is a treasure Vyk what the hell

Formalhaut
04-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Oh yeah, I've heard the original voice acting for Chie and it really does not fit her character. P4G Chie is the best by a mile.

Fynn
04-10-2017, 12:17 PM
I've played both. Original Chie was fine and the Golden one did seem grating at first, but once I got used to the different take, I was completely on board. So much energy! Erin Fitzgerald was a bold choice but also one I think paid off incredibly well!

Vyk
04-10-2017, 04:02 PM
I like Fitzgerald as Teepo in Xillia, but having that same hyper ear-grating pitch and whine drove me nuts. And I don't know that she actually grows on you, she actually calms down about a quarter of the way through the game. But that's still a ridiculous 20 hours of shrieking, and I ended up losing interest in the game not long after that, so it was so not worth it. I plan on picking the game back up sometime, but it will probably be with the PS2 version because of that. I don't hate Erin Fitzgerald, but I do hate that version of Chie

Edit: I don't know if anyone watched the English dub of Excel Saga, and I enjoyed that show, but Excel was the most annoying character in anime history to me, and P4G Chie reminds me of Excel way too much. I guess I'm not down with that particular trope/archetype. PS2 Chie seemed more real to me. And I know people are like "That's how teenagers act", but no, I was a teenager, and nobody's voice grated on my nerves like that. Not to mention everyone else in the cast has a normal human voice. Why does she have to be a caricature of a teenage stereotype instead a real person like everyone else? Just my personal preference, but I'll never be convinced otherwise. She's just too wrong for me. I could relate to her when she was a calm energetic and just into kung fu movies. But when she's a cartoon she's completely unrelatable to me

Scruffington
04-10-2017, 06:09 PM
I'm still only in early May. Really need to crack down and spend some more time with this game. :P

Also...it's OST is fantastic.

Del Murder
04-10-2017, 08:26 PM
Any chance of this coming out in a portable form? All the other Persona games were ported to PSP or Vita but I'm not sure Vita can handle a PS4 game. I want to play this but this series is such a great one to play a little here or there on the go since it is not very fast paced.

Vyk
04-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Honestly it's style is not very different to Persona 4. So it could be done, but it would take some work, as I'm sure all the models and resolution are way too high. They'd have to go through and tone everything down. But I don't think the engine itself is "too powerful" for the Vita. Just models and textures are too intensive. If there were a wide enough market for it, I'd almost bank on them scaling it back and doing a port. But with the Vita floundering in the water, who knows

Fynn
04-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I agree with Del. Persona works so well as a handheld game

Del Murder
04-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Poor Vita. It really is a fantastic piece of equipment. Hell, Switch is basically a souped up Vita you can play on your TV.

If it is all just scaling down models and textures, then that is definitely doable. Just a question of if it is worth it for them. P4G is like the best Vita game out there.

Mirage
04-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Super high-pitched voices almost never work in english. P4G is no exception.

That said, i typically find them bad in japanese as well.

Skyblade
04-11-2017, 12:18 AM
Hopefully if the Switch continues to sell out in Japan, ATLUS will consider porting the game to it, and then we could play it on a handheld system. I don't believe there's actually a technical exclusivity deal, they've just typically developed the games on the system due to the Japanese market share. If that share changes, or demand is high enough over there to make it profitable, it's a possibility, maybe.

Vyk
04-11-2017, 01:37 AM
Its probably a profitable idea now anyway, I doubt it would take as much work to port it to the Switch, so it'd be pretty easy money. Seems win/win honestly

Scruffington
04-16-2017, 02:55 PM
WUWQFnC2zqU

Wolf Kanno
04-21-2017, 03:49 AM
In a surprise twist, Yahtzee, the online comedic reviewer who has more than a couple of times stated how much he despises modern JRPGs, actually gave Persona 5 a fairly good review (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117081-Persona-5-Review).

Fynn
04-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Not too surprosed, tbh? He has changed his stance towards JRPGs a bit lately. He enjoyed FFXV too

Wolf Kanno
04-21-2017, 05:56 PM
Not too surprosed, tbh? He has changed his stance towards JRPGs a bit lately. He enjoyed FFXV too

I feel like "enjoyed" is a bit too strong a word concerning his FFXV review, I would say he didn't hate it. At least he enjoyed it more than FFXIII and Lightning Returns, which isn't difficult to imagine.

Vincent, Thunder God
04-24-2017, 06:20 PM
Yeah I was glad that Yatzhee was somewhat positive about it and I think it kind of makes sense because I think that he enjoys games that are unique in their presentation of story or that have an element that maybe he hasn't been exposed to yet (which must be rare). Given the fact that he doesn't play JRPGs as much there are probably some things he's missed out on. He did a review of Earthbound a while back and he enjoyed that as well. I wonder if he's played Mother 3 or not.

LunarWeaver
04-25-2017, 02:24 PM
Beat it at 102 hours. That's a lot of hearing that battle theme. I really loved it though. So many systems working so well together. Smooth gameplay, intriguing characters and story...

Although I came to resent my anime cat after a while. Like, I'm not sleepy. I don't want to go to bed. Stop telling me to go to bed. You go to bed, bitch.

Skyblade
04-25-2017, 04:54 PM
t8fCEyYiRU8

Wolf Kanno
05-01-2017, 08:49 AM
Felt I should share this:

n6Ji9wSZqZM

Wolf Kanno
05-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Felt I should share this as well.

n0vOOVTQLhQ

Wolf Kanno
05-05-2017, 05:25 AM
The director of the game just gave a thank you to the Western fans.
(http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/04/persona-5-director-katsura-hashino-shares-special-thank-message-fans/)
Translated over at Siliconera.

Skyblade
05-05-2017, 10:14 AM
(http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/04/persona-5-director-katsura-hashino-shares-special-thank-message-fans/)

I'm not sure I agree on the "source of villains" thing, but it's still a very nice response to the fans.

Also, they've apparently rolled back their streaming/recording suggestions to only block stuff after Nov 19th now.

maybee
05-05-2017, 10:28 AM

Awwwwh that's so nice !!! :ohdear:

Wolf Kanno
05-05-2017, 05:42 PM
I feel the most interesting bits of info from the letter was that he implied he isn't working on Persona 6 and his team will be pursuing different projects. Makes me wonder what the future of Persona will be.

Scruffington
05-05-2017, 06:12 PM
I feel the most interesting bits of info from the letter was that he implied he isn't working on Persona 6 and his team will be pursuing different projects. Makes me wonder what the future of Persona will be.

I believe I read an article somewhere that the team wants Persona 6 to surpass Persona 5.

It's going to be hard to accomplish. Persona 5 is a fantastic game. But I have complete faith in Atlus to do a good job. Persona is one of the best JRPG series out there right now.

Skyblade
05-07-2017, 09:03 AM
It's really hard to be mad at ATLUS for the video restrictions when people put up unlabeled videos with major frickin' spoilers for some of the later parts of the game.

Dang it, that sucks. :(

Wolf Kanno
05-07-2017, 05:48 PM
I feel people were more annoyed with Atlus on how they went about it instead of why. I think if Atlus had initially approached it as "hey guys, don't spoil the game for others and make sure label thing appropriately, it would have been fine. Still, that sucks man.

Vyk
05-07-2017, 11:52 PM
Agreed. Ask nicely, make reasonable points, strongly urge. Don't threaten your fans. I'm honestly more worried about certain entertainers and creators being able to survive than whether Atlus would survive without my one purchase. What if someone never saw the notification and ended up having their channel demonitized for a month because Atlus was being petty. So I got petty and got the game used. And even that was frustrating. I've taken a long hiatus because I've gotten critical attacks from normal enemies who immediately follow up on the same character: my main character. 3 game overs due to Lucky Punch, and one random regular critical hit. I get that the games are supposed to be difficult, but having that happen 2 or 3 days in a row totally took the wind out of my sail, and it's before I've even been able to come up with a Persona strong to physical. I haven't even bothered to look up what's available that I may have missed. I haven't played in a couple weeks, and not sure if I'll get back into it at this point. But at least GameStop got my money, and I got some nice PS4 themes out of the deal. Long story short, I'm not sure spoilers even matter to me anymore. So Atlus being a putz means I'm even less inclined to agree with them

Scruffington
05-10-2017, 01:03 PM
On 11/19 right now.

Finally nearing the end of this awesome game. One of the absolute best JRPGs of all time, period.

Scruffington
05-14-2017, 04:37 AM
Finally beat it.

Persona 5 is one of the greatest games of all time.

Psychotic
05-16-2017, 07:20 PM
We're on 11/21. It's a good game with some really enjoyable and likeable characters. There has been some great and wonderful writing, although if I had to make a criticism of the game it would be that at times there has also been some surprisingly poor writing in comparison.

The whole smurfing plan with Akechi and those subtle hints throughout the game. Wow. smurfing wow. Tense and slick drama. Masterfully executed. Jaw was on the floor. 10 and a half out of smurfing ten.

But then it shoots itself in the foot with the follow up scene with Shido and Akechi. They literally just went through the entirety of their stuff in a way normal people just wouldn't smurfing do. "Haha, remember when we did that evil thing?" "I then followed you because you are a cool guy." "Yes, we then killed that guy too. To achieve our plans." "Yes. Our plans. Let me repeat what those are to you." It was the complete opposite of the basic "Show, don't tell" rule and disappointingly jarring, particularly when we'd filled in most of the blanks they were explaining ourselves.

Hey ho, doesn't ruin the good stuff by any means. Just something that irked me and I wanted to vent!

Wolf Kanno
05-16-2017, 11:00 PM
I finished Bloodborne yesterday, so I'll finally be able to start this tonight. :cool:

Pumpkin
05-17-2017, 12:12 AM
I'm liking Ann more than I thought I would

Fynn
05-17-2017, 05:19 AM
WOULD you say Ann is best girl?

Pumpkin
05-17-2017, 05:24 AM
I haven't met other girls yet so I don't know.

WHY do you ask?

Psychotic
05-17-2017, 06:48 AM
WOULD you say Ann is best girl?Maybe. I think all of the playable girls are likeable although Ann has the advantage of being with you the longest.

Pumpkin
05-17-2017, 06:51 AM
I'm pretty salty about mid-May to be honest. It's just one thing after another and I lost a lot of potential freetime and I hate it when the games railroad me like that

Wolf Kanno
05-17-2017, 06:31 PM
Just started last night and I'm getting ready to do the first Palace dungeon officially. Holy hell the UI and loading transitions for this game are insane. No wonder it took them almost ten years to make this game. So far I'm digging everything, and I'm appreciating several of the design call backs to P2. The way the narrative has been working is also really well done so far. The game does a great job of giving you the feeling of oppression and does a better job of showing the ugly side of high school life. The game has brought back some of the bleakness from P2 and P3, and the story feels more multilayered than the last two installments. If I had any minor gripes, it's that the game is a bit too tutorial heavy at times. I'll finally be able to really check out battles and dungeon design with tonight's playthrough. I'm digging all of the characters so far.

Pumpkin
05-17-2017, 07:45 PM
I also don't like that I have to take more than a day to do a dungeon. Valuable time people!!

The have you gained weight thing with Ann was pretty friggin funny though

Scruffington
05-18-2017, 03:30 PM
I also don't like that I have to take more than a day to do a dungeon. Valuable time people!!

The have you gained weight thing with Ann was pretty friggin funny though

Well, after you get through the opening infiltration parts of each dungeon, you can clear them in a single day. :P

Of course by "clear" I just meant reaching the treasure. It does take about 3 days to do a dungeon. Reach treasure > Calling card > Steal heart.

SP Adhesive 3 is a godsend for one-day dungeon clears.

Psychotic
05-18-2017, 03:40 PM
Just started last night and I'm getting ready to do the first Palace dungeon officially. Holy hell the UI and loading transitions for this game are insane. Just want to chime in and agree with this. As it's the first Persona I'd seen I was expecting a much more traditional RPG UI but what it has instead blew my mind. It is one hell of a stylish game. It's something where you could see a screenshot of it and instantly know what game it is.

Scruffington
05-18-2017, 03:43 PM
Just started last night and I'm getting ready to do the first Palace dungeon officially. Holy hell the UI and loading transitions for this game are insane. Just want to chime in and agree with this. As it's the first Persona I'd seen I was expecting a much more traditional RPG UI but what it has instead blew my mind. It is one hell of a stylish game. It's something where you could see a screenshot of it and instantly know what game it is.

The presentation alone makes Persona 5 one of the best games of all time.

I honestly have no idea how they could ever top it in Persona 6. But it makes me excited to think about how they would.

Skyblade
05-18-2017, 04:54 PM
The stylishness and attention to detail are directly responsible for all the memes flying around. All of which I enjoy.

Also, I only just realized that our teacher shares a voice actor with Yukari Takeba. I won't be able to unhear that, and I feel like an idiot for not noticing sooner. I thought it was familiar, but...

Pumpkin
05-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Unpopular opinion of the year but I hate the UI x)

Fynn
05-18-2017, 05:02 PM
I love it and I don't even get to play it

This world is unfair :G

Wolf Kanno
05-19-2017, 12:12 AM
I love the Death Arcana, brings back fond memories of my favorite side quest in Fallout 3. Also, I think I may have a crush on her. :love:

There are some really neat ideas in this game which builds on less thought out ones from the earlier installments. I think one element that really sticks out of me about this game in comparison to P4 specifically is how intertwined both game worlds are to each other. The Confidants all feel like people chosen to help you get further with Phantom Thieving as opposed to something you do on your time off. Also the Baton Pass mechanic is ingenious and finally brings back a level of strategy I was missing from P4. The conversation mechanic is also a welcome return for me as it was one of my favorite mechanics from SMT.

Also, I am incredibly grateful that Morgana is nowhere near as annoying as Teddie. No puns and he seems to have a more interesting story going for him as opposed to Teddie whom the P4 cast sort of just accepted without question and then resolved itself with little ceremony. I am having an issue rectifying the fact that Morgana is traditionally a female name and he's voiced by a girl, so it's weird he refers to himself as a guy.

Also, dungeon checkpoints are great.

Wolf Kanno
05-21-2017, 08:29 PM
Second palace down. I was relieved after the tutorial hell of the first one that this would be similar, but thankfully I found this dungeon to be shorter, thanks to not having the plot fore me out half a dozen times like the first one.

I've also opened up a few more confidants and leveled up a few more. The cast is very interesting, not coming across as I thought they would. Ann especially has not turned out the way I imagined her based on what little of the marketing I've seen. I'm a little sad the game pulled a P4 and relegated two social links to fulfill gameplay expansions that previous games had done for free. I'm hoping the payoff for the Fool Arcana will be worth it.

The social link with the Velvet Room Twins is basically the same SL as Margaret from P4, but I'm liking it a bit more because Margaret always felt really flat to me as a character, whereas the twins have an interesting conflicting personality dynamic that makes them more amusing to converse with. Wonder if they'll continue the Secret Boss tradition the series had since Eternal Punishment or if Igor is finally going to do so. As of now, my real hope is that the Death Arcana is someone I can date, cause that's going to happen if it can.

Being late with video rental fees aside, I'm having a blast with the game so far and have enjoyed the little touches. I think my favorite Easter Egg so far has been the return of the Trivia Drink feature from Catherine whenever you brew some coffee.

Wolf Kanno
05-25-2017, 10:11 PM
Found this and felt I needed to share.

uRKIXNz8E_g

81UiRGGormA

Omni-Odin
05-29-2017, 02:13 AM
Just picked it up. Can't wait to see what all the hubbub is all about!!!

Yellow_Magic
05-29-2017, 08:37 PM
I'm now not sure what my favourite Persona game is anymore. It used to be Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, but the dungeon design in P5 is hands down the best in any jRPG I've ever played, and the graphics/music are super slick.

I've never been a fan of the MC-death==Game Over stuff, though, and the enemy encounters weren't varied enough for me to appreciate the battle system as much as I probably should have.

But overall, apart from the underwhelming final Palace, I really really liked P5. I Wouldn't be surprised if this picks up most Game of the Year awards, and there appears to be a lot of competition from what I can tell (still haven't played Nier Automata!! Woe is me)

Vyk
05-30-2017, 03:08 PM
While I can't disagree with the opinion, I highly doubt mainstream games media will choose a JRPG, even a fantastic one, as game of the year

I need to get back into this game, now that I'm on a vacation, where a loss of an hour or so won't hurt as much if I get hit by Lucky Punch, until I find or create a persona stronger against physical attacks, so I can finish enjoying the game

Yellow_Magic
05-30-2017, 07:04 PM
While I can't disagree with the opinion, I highly doubt mainstream games media will choose a JRPG, even a fantastic one, as game of the year
Normally I'd agree, but P5 entered the sales charts in the top 5 in the US (http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/19/mario-kart-8-and-persona-5-top-us-sales-charts-for-april-6647467/) and at number 1 (http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/10/persona-5-goes-straight-to-number-one-in-uk-sales-charts-6564973/) here in the UK. I think compared to other jRPGS it had a lot more coverage/positive press. Never say never....

I need to get back into this game, now that I'm on a vacation, where a loss of an hour or so won't hurt as much if I get hit by Lucky Punch, until I find or create a persona stronger against physical attacks, so I can finish enjoying the game
Not gonna lie, once I got a Shiki-Ouji at Level 26 (Nulls Phys/Gun) the game felt substantially less difficult. Only recommended if you wanna borderline-break the game...

Wolf Kanno
05-30-2017, 07:09 PM
It's all about getting Arabahki, he is almost always a highlight for me when he actually shows up in the game cause dude reflects Physical and Gun. Also, Lucky Strike just has a ridiculously high Crit rate, so it's always dangerous. I am actually pretty happy that P5 brought back some skills from Nocturne where they do low damage but have like 70% crit rates attached to them. Lucky/Mircale Strike is one of the reasons why Mona is such a well rounded character.

I'm now not sure what my favourite Persona game is anymore. It used to be Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, but the dungeon design in P5 is hands down the best in any jRPG I've ever played, and the graphics/music are super slick.

I've never been a fan of the MC-death==Game Over stuff, though, and the enemy encounters weren't varied enough for me to appreciate the battle system as much as I probably should have.

But overall, apart from the underwhelming final Palace, I really really liked P5. I Wouldn't be surprised if this picks up most Game of the Year awards, and there appears to be a lot of competition from what I can tell (still haven't played Nier Automata!! Woe is me)

I certainly agree about this game seriously contending with my favorite entries within the Persona series. I love P2 and P3, and this game kind of feels like a love letter to the fans of both games.

Formalhaut
05-30-2017, 07:10 PM
I've been following news. I'm with Fynn in wanting to play the game but alas, no funds to do so as of yet. Some point in summer though, definitely!

What tempers my mood somewhat is lingering questions about the representation of LGBT people in what seems like a backslide from P4, but I need to play the game myself to get a full picture. Doesn't look great though from what I've been told asking around.

Wolf Kanno
05-30-2017, 07:22 PM
I've been following news. I'm with Fynn in wanting to play the game but alas, no funds to do so as of yet. Some point in summer though, definitely!

What tempers my mood somewhat is lingering questions about the representation of LGBT people in what seems like a backslide from P4, but I need to play the game myself to get a full picture. Doesn't look great though from what I've been told asking around.

Barring two side joke NPCs who are cringy stereotypes, the element doesn't really come up. There is a Drag Queen NPC as well, but they are actually pretty awesome in my opinion and I was so excited when I learned I could work for them. Lala is the highlight of the Devil Confidant.

Pumpkin
05-30-2017, 07:25 PM
I'm kind of running out of steam on this game, honestly. I like it, it's fun and for a while I played it very consistently, but now I kind of wish it was done.

So far I like it more than P3P but less than P4G

Scruffington
05-30-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm kind of running out of steam on this game, honestly. I like it, it's fun and for a while I played it very consistently, but now I kind of wish it was done.

By the game's end, you'll be wishing it weren't.

For me, its been 10 days since I got the platinum trophy. I'm still thinking about the game, and I'm still listening to some of the OST.

I honestly can't even remember the last time I was so passionate about a video game in the last few years.

Psychotic
05-30-2017, 08:51 PM

So far I like it more than P3P but less than P4GI kept thinking we were about to hit the end and then it just kept on going and going. It kind of Lord of the Ringsed it.

Wolf Kanno
05-30-2017, 09:14 PM

So far I like it more than P3P but less than P4GI kept thinking we were about to hit the end and then it just kept on going and going. It kind of Lord of the Ringsed it.

The escalation within the story is pretty palpable. I'm in September and trying to figure out how this game is going to keep going for another few months in-game time. I'm already over 70 hours in but it hardly feels like it to me.

Yellow_Magic
05-30-2017, 11:19 PM
It's all about getting Arabahki, he is almost always a highlight for me when he actually shows up in the game cause dude reflects Physical and Gun.
Oh, I got an Arahabaki too! Quite a bit of the time I was deciding between Shiki-Ouji and Arahabaki - the former has higher stats and less weaknesses, but Repel Physical is hella useful. Ended up using both throughout the game.

I've heard a lot of people talk about it this way. My brother had never played a Persona game before and after about 50 hours into P5, he's pretty much dropped it.

On the other hand, a couple of my friends who played P3 and P4 said that they felt P5 was more of the same, in terms of storyline at least. I'd kinda agree with them...the storyline was far from the highlight of the game.

Wolf Kanno
05-31-2017, 12:00 AM
Honestly, I feel P5 has the best story of the new generation Persona games. The fact it feels like more of a focus for once has helped me stay invested. I mean the cast hits that odd sweet spot of being very flawed but still likable and the game's framing device is a neat concept,especially when it comes back to play after each "chapter" and when you unlock a new confidant. Maybe I'll feel differently when I reach the end, but I keep pushing forward because I really want to know where it's going to go.

Pumpkin
05-31-2017, 03:08 AM
I am feeling super sad for Morgana right now :(

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2017, 01:57 AM
So here's a question for people playing: Who did you choose to date?

I'm aware that you can date everyone at once if you want to, but I'm curious to know which girl won your heart?

Mine is pretty obvious...

Pumpkin
06-01-2017, 02:14 AM
I romanced Chihaya, but my next playthrough I plan to do Haru because she is super presh

Squall Leonhart Loire
06-01-2017, 05:07 AM

I'm aware that you can date everyone at once if you want to, but I'm curious to know which girl won your heart?

This one would as well.

:up:

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2017, 10:01 AM
Some P5 thoughts now that I'm getting close to starting November...

Dear Haru, stop being a goddamn tease and establish a social link with me already, you're the last one I need to open and we've had two really adorable bonding moments and you still won't seal the deal. I don't want your money or to get in your pants, I just need to start making some Empress Personas. :colbert:

Holy crap Atlus, October is just gone... what happened?! Well a lot actually...

I still have a love/hate relationship with the concept of using your social skills as requirements to complete social links. I'm sitting on four social links I want to complete that I can't because I need maxed out Charm, Proficiency, and Kindness. I don't have time to pour anymore evenings into maxing those out. Three of them are some of my favorite characters as well.

I have officially hit that moment of knowing I probably only have three months of in-game time left, of which a good half of that is going to be filled with story stuff so I really now only have a month and a half to complete all my Confidants. Let the panic commence.

With that said, I've completed two social links so far, and close to finishing up two more. This is not counting the story based ones who automatically rank up throughout the game.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-02-2017, 03:29 AM

I'm having trouble choosing between Takemi, the Temperance teacher and Makoto. I'm leaning towards Makoto for my first playthrough but I'm still unsure.

As for making time for the social skills, I'll probably have to start a New Game + with them maxed or close to maxed to do a complete Confidant run next time, assuming there is a New Game + option.

Wolf Kanno
06-02-2017, 10:05 AM
There's a New Game + mode, so no worries. I think only the first game and Innocent Sin didn't have a NG+ mode.

Makoto and the Home Room teacher are my second choices as well. Makoto is just so adorable and won me over with her "expert" shadowing skills. She's just so adorkable it hurts.

Also, I am so freaking happy, because I finally found Tanaka in the game, I was so sad when he wasn't running the home shopping network show anymore but I finally found him in the game and his theme is still there as well. :love:

Vyk
06-03-2017, 04:02 AM
Now that I plugged in a new hard drive for my console, I have to download updates for all of my old games. Persona is one of the few ready to play out of the box aside from optional stuff like the Japanese audio, which I wasn't using anyway. So I decided to get back into it while I slowly download everything else over the next few days. And immediately was reminded how I got my last game-over which was similar to Lucky Punch but called Meiha or something, and it almost did it to me again. Fortunately he followed up against a different character and I wasn't immediately slapped down

Here's hoping I can enjoy the rest of the game in relative peace...lol (Because I'm also reminded how much I really liked it before my 3 game-over marathons)

Wolf Kanno
06-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Well, November happened.

Thought I would share another silly video:

OuwdZaz5Sdc

Wolf Kanno
06-08-2017, 12:06 AM
In December and trying to juggle the dungeon and finishing up social links with party members.

Also, wanted to share these cool treats:

zWQZsaCz9Qk

ZyI-Lr5O_pg

Great editing. The P3 FES one is especially well done.

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2017, 08:55 AM
And.... DONE. Now to feel completely hollow for a few days after beating something so damn good. :(

Scotty_ffgamer
06-12-2017, 03:17 AM
Finally picked this up and am excited to finally play it. I've only spent a little time with it so far, but I think I'll love it.

Pumpkin
07-01-2017, 04:29 AM
I took a break for a while, got burned out on it. Picked it back up and am about to go in to November

Slothy
07-02-2017, 12:09 AM
Still can't play. So poor... :G:crying:

Vyk
07-02-2017, 04:43 AM
It's an RPG, and there are a lot of weirdos who are "one-and-done" with RPG games, so used prices will probably show up in a really decent range, but you'd have to be quick to nab them. A quick search shows it currently in the mid-to-upper $40USD range, which is $10-15USD off. It'll only get better. RPG depreciation is generally pretty drastic compared to other genres

Wolf Kanno
07-30-2017, 06:43 PM
No surprise for anyone, but Persona 5 is getting an anime adaption (http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/30/rsona-5-the-animation-tv-anime-series-to-air-in-japan-in-2018/) that will be airing next year in Japan.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-31-2017, 04:10 AM
I'm still slowly making my way through the game. I don't think I have a whole lot left though.

Are the anime adaptations of these games any good? I've never watched any of them.

Skyblade
07-31-2017, 10:20 AM
I'm still slowly making my way through the game. I don't think I have a whole lot left though.

Are the anime adaptations of these games any good? I've never watched any of them.

Persona 4 The Animation was excellent. What I saw of the Persona 3 movies was quite good (but they're hard to find as they never got a localization, and I've only gotten the first two of four, so I can't speak to overall quality). But I've heard that Persona 4 Golden The Animation was overall pretty terrible, focusing WAY too much on Marie, without giving her enough character to be interesting.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-02-2017, 04:48 AM
I might have to look these up sometime soon!

Skyblade
08-02-2017, 04:46 PM
ATLUS announced two new Persona spinoffs today.

cNl9P8FmEp0
0INh3MYkeiI

HD Minato is nice, but it's so out of character for him.

The P5 crew, with the huge focus on rebellion and doing their own thing, fit right in.

Wolf Kanno
08-02-2017, 06:21 PM
I am really not sure how I feel about these. Rhythm games are something I love and I love P3 and P5 as well, but seriously Atlus, WTF? It was weird enough the first time.

Also Persona Q2 was announced as well, which simply reminded me that I have yet to even play my copy. :cry:

Scotty_ffgamer
08-02-2017, 09:42 PM
I still haven't played more than a few minutes of the first persona q. Eventually I'll get around to it. I even have the first dancing all night game, but I hardly played it. I love rhythm games, but playing that made me just want to play theatrhythm again. I think id prefer they did something like that that encompasses the series as a whole and didn't try to shove a terrible story in the mix. At least I feel like the story wasn't any good in the first one. I didn't really like that it adopted persona 4 arena's style of story telling.

Skyblade
08-03-2017, 01:21 AM
I'm curious as to how they'll fit in Persona 3 to the story. I mean, with Minato there, it takes place before the end of the game, right? How do you fit that into P3? They set up Dancing All Night to be a followup a year after P4, but they can't do that for P3...

Scotty_ffgamer
08-03-2017, 02:25 AM
I've been a little curious on where it would fit as well. I honestly don't know where it would fit in outside of something like PQ already did.

Scruffington
08-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Persona 5 has cracked my top 5 games of all time. Maybe even my top 3 at this point.

I think anyone who is a fan of RPGs or Japanese games owes it to themselves to play this masterpiece. One of the greatest games ever made.

Scruffington
03-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Figured I would resurrect this thread because we have some news about P5R.

Atlus is set to reveal more information about Persona 5 R tomorrow (March 23, 2019), following the Persona 5: The Animation anime special. (https://personacentral.com/follow-up-news-on-p5r-confirmed-for-march-23-2019-after-the-persona-5-the-animation-stars-and-ours-special/)

What do you think Persona 5 R is?

Wolf Kanno
03-22-2019, 09:45 PM
The popular consensus is that it's very likely going to be P5's version of FES and Golden, which I totally expected and depending on what they do for it, will be quite welcome.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-23-2019, 12:00 AM
I actually just returned to the game after several months and finished it in a few days (the story really picks up after it catches up to the present!) I was quite close to completing the last few Confidants - kind of bummed I ran out of time but at least my social stats are maxed. I ended up picking Makoto after turning down a bunch of people - I felt bad about turning down Haru but after the Valentines Day scene with Makoto no regrets! (And then I cheated and watched all the others on Youtube). xD

Perfect timing for finishing the game just before they release info on the enhanced version! I hope the English localization doesn't take too long this time after the Japan release and hopefully they can get back the VA's, because PQ2 will be the Japanese cast only. It'll be neat to play through PQ2 with the original cast because I've never played an Undub and am curious, but I hope the English cast will be there for P5R (probably will). I wonder if SMT 5 will have a localized cast or not. Got a Switch with that one in mind.

I was a bit more critical of P5 before but it really grew on me with the ending. I'm a bit disappointed it's over now. xD

Wolf Kanno
03-23-2019, 06:16 PM
Here's the teaser trailer for Persona 5 Royal:

ygyz3Mqjh0k

Translation from Siliconera (https://www.siliconera.com/2019/03/23/persona-5-the-royal-announced-for-ps4-teaser-shows-a-new-female-character/):

“What are your thoughts on the Phantom Thieves?”

New female character: “It’s wonderful thing to help other people… but if I had to say, I don’t like them. I just have a feeling that the way the Phantom Thieves doesn’t help fix the world or help anyone. In the end, I think those are things you must fix yourself.”

Scruffington
03-23-2019, 06:19 PM
We still don't really know what Persona 5: The Royal is.

About all we can assume is that it's something new related to Persona 5 and it features a new female character.
A lot of people were falsely reporting that it's a female protagonist, but there's no confirmation that's the case. She could just be a new Social Link.

Either way, I know I'm getting it on day one. Can't wait to play it on PS4.

Fynn
03-23-2019, 06:41 PM
Great. Another Marie.

Scruffington
03-23-2019, 07:02 PM
Great. Another Marie.

No one literally knows anything about this new character. You're jumping to conclusions.

But I'm not sure why that's a bad thing. Even if the new character ended up being like Marie, that's totally fine because I love Marie. Persona 4 Golden was fantastic.

Fynn
03-23-2019, 07:54 PM
Marie is simply the embodiment of everything wrong with Atlus’s recent enhanced rereleases - it’s not an addition that organically to the story that’s already there - rather, she’s there to rewrite what there is to be all about her. Marie on her own is fine, but it’s her role and purpose in the plot that’s just... kinda insulting.

Honestly, I’d vastly prefer a new female protagonist.

Scruffington
03-23-2019, 08:06 PM
Marie is simply the embodiment of everything wrong with Atlus’s recent enhanced rereleases - it’s not an addition that organically to the story that’s already there - rather, she’s there to rewrite what there is to be all about her. Marie on her own is fine, but it’s her role and purpose in the plot that’s just... kinda insulting.

Honestly, I’d vastly prefer a new female protagonist.

And I strongly disagree because I think Marie was one of my favorite Social Links in Persona 4, if not outright my favorite. She was a really interesting character and I was interested in seeing her story develop as the game progressed.

Again, you're jumping to conclusions without any basis. We have close to zero information as to what the character is supposed to be, so it's pretty irrational to imply that she's a "Marie clone" or "not a female protagonist."

Vincent, Thunder God
03-23-2019, 09:22 PM
I thought Marie was a good character, but I hadn't played through the original P4 before playing Golden, and I also didn't finish her social link or get the extra dungeon/ending.

I wonder how many of the people who disliked Marie actually played Golden first - probably most people who dislike her played the original first. Might also be the case for people who really didn't like Chie's new VA as well.

Some day I'll have to replay P4G and get the other ending to see if it changes my opinion. I think the original True ending was kind of bizarre in making the gas station attendant the Big Bad after only being in one scene at the start .

The Adachi bad ending was also part of P4G too right? It's a pretty brutal addition as an ending. P5 too also had a similar option to side with fake Igor. What are your thoughts on the evil MC endings?

Also since the thread has been resurrected, who were everyone's favourite VA's in P5? I thought Sojiro's was really good. It was neat that the real Igor had a similar voice to his original VA - all along I thought the fake Igor voice sounded way too evil.

Jinx
03-23-2019, 09:55 PM
JUST LET ME PLAY AS A GIRL WHO CAN ROMANCE AKECHI

Lord Golbez
03-23-2019, 10:58 PM
Hopefully it's a female protagonist because that's a much bigger change than just a new confidant. It would likely affect the interactions with many if not all confidants as well as probably changing some plot scenes a bit. That's enough to make another purchase worthwhile.

Wolf Kanno
03-23-2019, 11:03 PM
If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say she's a Marie/Rin situation, where she'll be a new character who is going to be woven into the main narrative to shake things up. I'm basing this on the dialogue from the trailer that makes her sound like an antagonist, as well as this kind of being Atlus MO for most of their "director's cut" games. I wouldn't be surprised if she is a rival Phantom Thief that tries to stop the party and will likely join later. This is just my hot take on the teaser trailer. We'll know more next month. I would personally prefer a FemMC though.

Karifean
03-24-2019, 12:14 AM
My mind's been racing a bit and I feel like yeah she'll be an original character crammed somewhere in the story, and probably be antagonistic at first but have an arc where she comes to side with the Kaitoudan. If she is what she claims to be she'll fit the thematic hole left by the original.

More than anything her introductory quote makes her instantly sound like an incredibly naive rich bitch very much deserving of her own palace. Kinda the anti-Makoto/Haru, a girl who actually profits a lot personally from the twistedness of the adults around her and thus spouts some idealistic bullshit about how people need to be introspective themselves and shit to discredit the protags. Honestly I hope they go all the way with her and make her impossible to reason with to show how truly evil that kind of mindset can be and not shy away from pointing out that she'd totally defend Kamoshida freely abusing his students.

I doubt it'll play out quite the way I envision it but I'm definitely curious to see where it goes.

Vincent, Thunder God
04-24-2019, 07:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh6rjo81MHY

New Royal trailer - thoughts?

Looks like an October release for Japan and a Western release in 2020. Also more details on whatever P5S is tomorrow.

Wolf Kanno
04-24-2019, 09:22 PM
Called it, I figured the new girl, Kasumi Yoshizawa, would be a new addition to the cast. She's apparently a gymnast and falls for Joker's civilian identity but hates the phantom thieves for some reason. Judging by her "thief" form though I'm wondering if she'll somehow inherit Akechi's Persona Loki, since her outfit is reminiscent of his assassin form.

Other things to note about the game from official sources:

There is a new Counselor character who looks like he'll be a new Confidant.
There is another "new" character in the form of a teenage boy seen in a few screenshots. His dialogue hints he's connected to Morganna.
New date spots with mini-games.
One of these new locations allows you to spend time with the Velvet Room twins.
There is a new scenario involving a "missing third semester" which will feature some new characters as well and a visit to a shrine for New Year's which hints that the game's ending may be altered.
There are new enemy types in the game, one called Kyoma in a screenshot gives the impression they're like the F.O.E. enemies in the PQ/Etrian Odyssey franchises.
There are new options in the Velvet Room as well as for Mementos.

My hot take from the trailer:

Looks like some new special abilities have been unlocked which may be similar to the special take downs from Persona 4 like Chie's famous kick to the moon special.
Not sure if the grappling hook is a new feature or just a flavor element to the obvious new additions to the dungeons.
I'm also curious if the Morganna/Haru special attack we saw is one of the aforementioned special attacks above or if it hints to unite attacks.

Fynn
04-24-2019, 09:37 PM
can you date yusuke now or

Jinx
04-24-2019, 09:40 PM
can you date akechi now or

Lord Golbez
04-24-2019, 11:16 PM
can you date sojiro now or

Wolf Kanno
04-24-2019, 11:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that Tatsuya will still continue to be the only bisexual protagonist in the series outside of fanfiction. :soothe:" smilieid="509" class="inlineimg" border="0">

Fynn
04-24-2019, 11:23 PM
Tatsuya x Jun 5ever :heart:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f4c37ee518b694cf8529b32440fb4ad9/tumblr_ojeouhGado1ufeli7o1_500.png

Jessweeee♪
04-28-2019, 08:37 PM
Yeah probably another Marie/Qatherine. I want to be a girl Joker.

:cry:

Fynn
04-29-2019, 05:20 AM
Well at least she’s a playable party member this time

Wolf Kanno
04-29-2019, 05:49 AM
So... is anyone going to talk about the big pink elephant in the room? :shifty:

Okay, so Persona 5 Scramble is a Dynasty Warrior game for the Switch that was also announced. I'm personally giving this a hard pass as I've learned I really don;'t care for those style of games, but I know a few people who are really excited for this entry cause they love that style of games.

Lord Golbez
04-29-2019, 10:22 AM
Yeah no interest in Scramble just like no interest in the dancing games. Far as I'm concerned that's all just bs to try and tide us over until P6.

Fynn
04-29-2019, 10:36 AM
Yeah, don’t really like the style either. Don’t really get why everything needs a musou spin-off nowadays. I will defend the dancing games to my death, however. Also, thought it’s important to mention that Scramble is coming to both Switch and PS4.

Overall, I’m kinda let down by these announcements? I was hoping Royal would come for switch as well, as Persona is, IMO, structured perfectly for a handheld experience. Also, they really dropped the ball on no female protagonist :( Hope they can rectify this with a future rerelease a la P3P

Lord Golbez
04-29-2019, 02:13 PM
It would sure be nice if we could get a full version of a game with a female protagonist option (as opposed to the downgraded p3p). Hopefully P6 will have the option right out of the gate, but the lack of that choice for both P4 Golden and P5 Royal makes me doubt it. It would probably be unlikely anyway just because the number of scenario changes would require significant delay to release.

Wolf Kanno
05-08-2019, 10:36 AM
New Famitsu mag just gave some more details:

Since the main Persona team has left to work on that new fantasy RPG, directing duties have been given to Daiki Itoh who was the Lead Designer for the Confidants in P5 as well as the director for P4 Golden.
The game will add in some quality of life improvements like easier ways to gain XP.
There is a Player Assist function that takes in consideration your levels with Confidants and character parameters.
The volume of content in this new Third Semester will surpass the volume seen in P4 Golden.
Kasumi's role in the game is to help expand a lot of the characters the player already knows.
With that said, the development team is doing their best to adjust the story so she doesn't feel tacked on to it.
To no one's surprise, Kasumi will also be a Confidant.
The name of the school nurse Confidant is Maruki, and he's described as a very nice and polite adult.
The developers have teased the idea that there will be more new Confidants besides these two.
You can't use your old Save Data for the Royal edition, but there will be a bonus for having one.
There is a new handsome male figure who has a scene in with the protagonist in his bed. This guy is the one many fans assume is Morgana's potential human form.

Source: Siliconera (https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/08/persona-5-royals-third-semester-will-be-unexpectedly-voluminous-adds-qol-improvements/)

Lord Golbez
05-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Turning Morgana into Teddie is dumb. I don't like it. Don't get me wrong, I like Teddie, but I don't like them repeating shit for all their mascots. Teddie is Teddie and Morgana is Morgana. Leave it that way.

Jinx
05-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Morgana needs to turn human so he can finally get with Ann, though.

Fynn
05-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Teddie is absolute trash

Jessweeee♪
05-09-2019, 02:05 PM
More confidants? I wonder if they're making up more arcana or taking some of the existing confidants away.

Jinx
05-09-2019, 02:48 PM
I'm getting more excited about this since it looks like they're adding in a ton of new content, it's not just a slight retelling of the story.

IS THAT A LUNCH DATE WITH AKECHI I SEE?!?!?!?!

I mean, if any of you followed my thread from last year, you'll know I intend to get this regardless.

Lord Golbez
05-09-2019, 03:45 PM
More confidants? I wonder if they're making up more arcana or taking some of the existing confidants away.

Traditionally they have used alternative versions of arcana names (e.g. Jester is another name for Fool, Aeon is an alternate for Judgement, etc.) I suspect they will continue this tradition, but who knows?

Fynn
05-09-2019, 03:51 PM
Yeah, there’s more than one tarot deck that’s traditionally used, and some major arcana differ. Heck, they might just use minor arcana too. I remember some special Personas in P2 were of the minor arcana.

Lord Golbez
05-09-2019, 08:50 PM
While they add new Personas in these followup games they also tend to change the arcana of some that were in the original version too, so the new arcana will likely have some familiar Personas. I don't really know if that's because they don't add enough new persona to fill out the new arcana or just because they like to mix things up (they do change between pre-existing arcana though, so it's probably the latter)

Wolf Kanno
06-07-2019, 03:31 AM
New trailer showing off the new girl and her Persona Cendrillion

5N69XEbmbek

Interesting enough, Cendrillon is the name of a French Opera based on the story of Cinderella. Wonder how that will play into her character?

I'm also agreeing with a few other fans that her design feels so similar to Jokers that we're all curious to know if she may have initially been meant to be a female version of him that got turned into a more conventional character sometime in the course of development.

Fynn
06-07-2019, 05:27 AM
Yup. I am convinced that’s exactly what happened.

Jinx
06-07-2019, 12:45 PM
Which is kind of infuriating.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2019, 07:16 PM
New English Trailer released and it shows the game will be coming out next year.

rzGoNlmLxDE

Jinx
06-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Did Makoto get a new VA? Oof.

Karifean
06-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Kasumi betrayal foreshadowing?

Lord Golbez
06-10-2019, 11:36 PM
Did Makoto get a new VA? Oof.

Ugh. Sounds like it. Not happy about that.

Jessweeee♪
06-13-2019, 03:05 AM
It's Chie all over again :(

Fynn
06-13-2019, 04:51 AM
New Chie was best Chie though

Lord Golbez
06-13-2019, 03:07 PM
I didn't care for new Chie at first, but I uad to give her props for fixing the delivery on some lines.

Mr. Carnelian
06-13-2019, 04:08 PM

Just give us the option to have a female protagonist, already! :grumble:

Jinx
06-13-2019, 04:37 PM

Just give us the option to have a female protagonist, already! :grumble:

and f u c k akechi-kun

Wolf Kanno
06-14-2019, 07:24 PM
Atlus just released some more information concerning new additions to Persona 5 Royal.

Kasumi's Persona is Cendrillion and she uses the Bless element but her Persona is physical base. Her Tarot is La Foi or "Faith" which is also her Social Link.
It looks like the new Lupin Hook/Grappling Hook item will get it's upgrades through her social link. You can eventually be able to use it to enter battle from a distance. For the most part, the item is used to avoid new traps or reach new sections of the dungeons.
Guns have been retooled in this version. They now recover all of their ammo after battle and there are new customization options for them that will give you the ability to use status effect inducing bullets a la classic SMT/Persona 1. The purpose of retooling them is so players will use them more often.
Akechi Goro will have some extra scenes in this version.
Like P4 Golden, the characters will all sport new outfits for this game in certain places.
There is a new type of treasure found in dungeons that the Lupin Hook is likely going to be needed to get. Basically every dungeon has a special treasure that has been broken up into pieces. If you collect all of the pieces, it will become and accessory that grants a special ability when equipped such as Diarama.
As suspected the new enemy types in the game are powerful FOE style enemies that have powerful counterattacks and drop rare items if you can manage to defeat them.

Fox
06-15-2019, 02:31 PM
Akechi Goro will have some extra scenes in this version.

RIP Jinx

Wolf Kanno
06-28-2019, 12:37 AM
Atlus just released a video showing off some new sequences with Ryuji and including the revelation that the cast are going to get third tier summons as well as the new combo attacks party members get with each other.

YP4__qUJWfM

Wolf Kanno
07-05-2019, 08:40 PM
Next character video is up, this time featuring Anne who has a hilarious unite attack with Morgana. Sadly, we don't get to see her third tier Persona in this trailer but we do get to see her best friend.

PKMYKduu95U

Vincent, Thunder God
07-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Since this is the first time I've actually played the OG version before an expanded one, I wonder if I'll end up like those crotchety fans who don't like P4G or whatever.

Back in my day we didn't have a third trimester!

Wolf Kanno
07-10-2019, 05:37 AM
Since this is the first time I've actually played the OG version before an expanded one, I wonder if I'll end up like those crotchety fans who don't like P4G or whatever.

Back in my day we didn't have a third trimester!

More likely you'll simply feel how off it is when they cram in the new social links because you'll remember they weren't there to begin with.

New trailer featuring my main man Yusuke. If only there was an option to date him... Anyway, he's got a dual tech with Ann.

DPCLSkZmpLQ

Wolf Kanno
07-11-2019, 11:41 PM
Some new details from the Morgana Report #3 for Persona 5 Royal.

The Unite/Combo/Dual tech attacks seen in some of the trailers are officially called Show Time attacks. You earn them by doing events that allow the other team members to bond and get closer to each other.
Stealing an idea from Pokemon and possibly Devil Survivor, Personas are now going to have Traits which will add some new elements to them. These traits can be inherited through fusion as well.
There are new accessories in the game that grant additional support abilities or skills to a character which will seriously open up customization options.
The Baton Pass mechanic will now have ranks which grant more passive bonuses to the receiver such as cutting down skill/magic costs or even more bonus damage. The highest rank apparently makes all abilities cost nothing.
The new Kichijoji area has a few new things for players to do such as the dart and billiards minigames which will help rank up the MC's stats and help the other team members bond with each other.
There is a new Jazz Club in this area you can visit in the evening as well.
There is a Thrift Store in this area as well which will allow you to sell back items and gear you find in Palaces and Mementos. These will stack up points with the place that can net you some new items.

Karifean
07-12-2019, 12:12 AM
Huh, that all sounds pretty intriguing. Wonder if there'll be a genuine "matrix" of relationships instead of just "Joker's relationship to everyone". That sounds awfully ambitious for an updated rerelease.

The accessories and Baton Pass upgrades sound like they're probably going to be hilariously overpowered. Though I suppose in the fights that matter the most you don't actually get many Baton Passes, so maybe it'll just make normal fights flashier and more unique. Which would be cool and welcome.

Lord Golbez
07-12-2019, 12:39 AM
It's probably not going to be terribly complicated. It probably will just give some kind of unite attack ranking that will go up for each Sunday or whenever when you meet up with multiple characters but don't advance any of their individual social links.

Oops missed the part about minigames. So it's probably even simpler than I said.

Wolf Kanno
09-12-2019, 05:27 AM
Here's the new opening to Persona 5 Royal for anyone who cares.

XdyH3qHq1eA

Fynn
09-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Akechi romance confirmed?

Vincent, Thunder God
09-17-2019, 03:56 PM
Wonder if there'll be a genuine "matrix" of relationships instead of just "Joker's relationship to everyone".

Yeah, a lot of titles would benefit from more depth than just "everything's about the MC," especially in current AAA games.

Depression Moon
09-24-2019, 02:50 PM
Man, I got this game a couple weeks ago and nobody told me it was going to be this addiciting. I'm already over 50 hours in this game. I'm shocked. This is longer than a Final Fantasy because y'all know it takes around 40 hours to beat a Final Fantasy.

Jinx
09-24-2019, 06:47 PM
Man, I got this game a couple weeks ago and nobody told me it was going to be this addiciting. I'm already over 50 hours in this game. I'm shocked. This is longer than a Final Fantasy because y'all know it takes around 40 hours to beat a Final Fantasy.

My first playthrough took 118 hours, and I missed out on two whole confidants, and did not play in an optimized way at all. I missed out on a lot of stuff, actually. This game is unreal in its amount of content.

Replaying right now. Upthread I mentioned that in a trailer it sounded like Makoto's VA had been recast, but I just looked at the cast list and she hasn't. Thank goodness! Makoto's has the best female voice actor in the game.

Lord Golbez
09-25-2019, 05:46 PM
Makoto's the best everything.

Depression Moon
09-27-2019, 04:14 AM

My first playthrough took 118 hours, and I missed out on two whole confidants, and did not play in an optimized way at all. I missed out on a lot of stuff, actually. This game is unreal in its amount of content.

Replaying right now. Upthread I mentioned that in a trailer it sounded like Makoto's VA had been recast, but I just looked at the cast list and she hasn't. Thank goodness! Makoto's has the best female voice actor in the game.

Are all the Persona games this long and doesn't it seem like Ryuji fucks up a lot? I liked him at first, but now he's getting annoying. We could have seriously been effed over a few times due to him.

Fynn
09-27-2019, 05:15 AM
Personas 3, 4, and 5 follow a similar format, yes. The first three games (1, 2 Innocent Sin and 2 Eternal Punishment) follow a more traditional RPG formula, so they're shorter, but still probably longer than FFs usually are

Depression Moon
09-30-2019, 02:02 AM
Why does this game have me questioning my morals? I just spent a whole day with Ann and kissed her and them my teacher sent me a text saying she can do any chore I want. I'm not sure why I still need to use the yellow phone when she has the number to my cell, but whatever.

I'm really struggling if I should call her or just make some lockpicks before bed.

Wolf Kanno
09-30-2019, 07:17 AM
Why does this game have me questioning my morals? I just spent a whole day with Ann and kissed her and them my teacher sent me a text saying she can do any chore I want. I'm not sure why I still need to use the yellow phone when she has the number to my cell, but whatever.

I'm really struggling if I should call her or just make some lockpicks before bed.

She makes you use the public phone so that it will be harder to trace her activity in case his phone ever got confiscated. Also, if you raise her rank high enough, she can actually make lockpicks for you.

Jinx
10-01-2019, 06:34 PM
There's some decidedly questionable stuff in this game especially regarding adult women preying on the minor protagonist.

Wolf Kanno
10-01-2019, 07:30 PM
There's some decidedly questionable stuff in this game especially regarding adult women preying on the minor protagonist.

Well you're not exactly playing a model student in this one. Course since the series reboot, Persona has played up a few male fetishes more than usual.

Wolf Kanno
10-04-2019, 03:24 AM
Some more info about Persona 5 The Royal

There is a strange feature called My Palace Mode.

LJ6zp6xBLug

It's a strange hub world you can decorate with features bought from medals awarded for doing achievements in the main game. You can then decorate the world as you please. You can also change who your main character model is within the world to other playable cast members. Depending on what items you place, you can have various characters from the game appear in the world for special scenes.Not sure if these worlds will be available for other players to visit though. The place also has an archive mode that lets you re-watch cutscenes and there is also a mode to play some mini-games against the other cast members.

Personally, I'm a little bewildered and disappointed with this mode.

The other big announcement was DLC.

Persona 5 Dancing All Night costumes
Persona Q 2 costumes (yes it makes your characters look like their chibi forms from the game)
Challenge Battles, which let you fight the main protagonists from P3 and P4 as super bosses.

Slothy
10-04-2019, 12:40 PM
Well you're not exactly playing a model student in this one. Course since the series reboot, Persona has played up a few male fetishes more than usual.

I'll have you know my MC was a model student. Other people treating him like he wasn't for no good reason is not his fault. :colbert:

Fynn
10-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Well, at least they're acknowledging P3 and P4. Too bad all connection with P2 seems lost, as I feel the casts of these two games would really work together well

Also, please just confirm there is a gay option now

Depression Moon
10-09-2019, 01:22 AM
I beat this game a few days ago and OMG! One of the best games I've ever played period. I never played a game that made me question if I was a fuckboy or not. This game is so addicting too. I was obsessed with making relationships with people.

Wolf Kanno
10-09-2019, 04:15 AM
I'm happy you enjoyed it. It's a pretty great franchise overall. ;)

Depression Moon
10-09-2019, 03:58 PM

What girl(s) did you choose in your first playthrough?

Jinx
10-09-2019, 04:55 PM
It's definitely worth going over with a guide for NG+, but having max or nearly maxed social stats will help soooo much. Of course, Royal comes out in (according to one thing I read) March, so might just be worth it to wait for that since it's confirmed your save file WON'T carry over.

But yeah, I bought the game thinking I wouldn't be too into it, and then I ended up no-lifeing it for 3 weeks. It's absolutely amazing.

Fynn
10-09-2019, 05:11 PM
You guys should check out the other Persona games as well, then!

Wolf Kanno
10-10-2019, 01:17 AM

In P5 I romanced Tae Takemi the Quack Doctor. In my second, I am debating between Haru, Makoto, or getting the Cheating Valentine event.

Depression Moon
10-10-2019, 02:34 AM

In P5 I romanced Tae Takemi the Quack Doctor. In my second, I am debating between Haru, Makoto, or getting the Cheating Valentine event.

Eww, Haru? I think she's boring and I hate her voice. You must like her because she got money and you trying to be a suga baby. Well, at least it isn't Ohya who is the worst girl. I went with Ann at first because I felt that it was right and it felt almost real to me when we finally established a relationship, but then I did some foul trout and got with Takemi too later on, but they came to bite me as she knocked my ass out the day after Valentine's Day. Sojiro had to pick me up from the floor.

I sort of want to hop right back into this game, but I feel like I need a breather, but I was thinking of getting with Makoto too or Futaba, but on my first playthrough Futaba's constant game references started to make me roll my eyes and that made me feel like she was more of my sister than a girlfriend.

Jinx
10-10-2019, 02:41 AM
Futaba definitely feels like more of a sister. She's very fucking annoying.

OHYA IS OBJECTIVELY WORST GIRL.

I romanced everyone on the most recent playthrough, and I think Ann actually has the best supports. Or rather, she feels the most natural to actually enter into a relationship with.

Depression Moon
10-10-2019, 04:12 AM
I'm guessing ranks carry over for each playthrough because on mine I barely managed to max out 2 girls by the end of the game, like I got Takemi to kiss me during the last palace.

Wolf Kanno
10-10-2019, 05:13 AM
Eww, Haru? I think she's boring and I hate her voice. You must like her because she got money and you trying to be a suga baby. Well, at least it isn't Ohya who is the worst girl.

I like Haru cause she's actually a bit psychotic if you pay attention to her dialogue in Mementos. She's got a serious violent streak that I find amusing. She also pulls a P3 Mitsuru on you if you cheat on her, and is the only character who flashes an "All-Out-Attack" close up when she berates you. I honestly feel she's the most underrated girl besides Hifumi Togo.

I sort of want to hop right back into this game, but I feel like I need a breather, but I was thinking of getting with Makoto too or Futaba, but on my first playthrough Futaba's constant game references started to make me roll my eyes and that made me feel like she was more of my sister than a girlfriend.

Futaba is honestly my least favorite girl of the bunch. I just look at her and just see a character the devs tried too hard to make as fetishistic as possible for the demograph. Underage, sister-like personality, gamer, nerd, socially awkward, moe, glasses, short skirt/pants with long socks, red head, and acts really childish; she's like every awful sexual anime trope rolled into one character and it made every scene with her awkward for me. I grew to like her eventually, but I actually find her Confidant cringy so I never finished it. Even Kawakimi doesn't hit as many tropes and she's the freaking forbidden teacher romance and maid fetish character.

Ohya never bothered me, but I like her frankness and I could easily jive with her "I'm an adult, just a dysfunctional one" cause that's what most adults are like I find. I don't know, I like reporter characters. Perhaps its a leftover feeling from Persona 2. As for Anne, I just feel like she's the most boring choice and frankly she's a bit too "dumb blonde" for my taste. That and I ship her with Ryuji. I did something similar in previous games because I never tried to date Mitsuru or Chie because I shipped them with other cast mates.

Despite all that, I actually feel P5 has the best romance options overall among the female cast. Now if I could only date Yusuke, the character I truly fell in love with in this game. :love:

Fynn
10-10-2019, 08:53 AM
Futaba is honestly my least favorite girl of the bunch. I just look at her and just see a character the devs tried too hard to make as fetishistic as possible for the demograph. Underage, sister-like personality, gamer, nerd, socially awkward, moe, glasses, short skirt/pants with long socks, red head, and acts really childish; she's like every awful sexual anime trope rolled into one character and it made every scene with her awkward for me. I grew to like her eventually, but I actually find her Confidant cringy so I never finished it. Even Kawakimi doesn't hit as many tropes and she's the freaking forbidden teacher romance and maid fetish character.

Now that you mention it, she does look the type that could make a living selling her bath water

Depression Moon
10-10-2019, 01:56 PM
I didn't pick up on any of that. Y'all must watch wayyyyy more anime than me.