PDA

View Full Version : EoFF XXVII Discussion Thread - Strengthen Those Social Links

Pages : 1 [2]

Fynn
02-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Naturally the one time I'm away from my computer an incredibly rare occurance happens in-game. :roll2

Regardless of how much I enjoy ribbing you, it's all good man. This will be (hopefully) the last post I make about you that isn't me ribbing you.

Ha

Formalhaut
02-22-2017, 06:27 PM
Oh, don't worry that's just me ribbing myself. I mean, if you can't laugh at yourself, what can you do? :p

Then again, when Igor's absent in the games that tends to imply something serious is about to go down, so.

Freya
02-22-2017, 06:28 PM
In light of all this positive feeling, I would appreciate it if all the remaining mafia members would make themselves known.

Thanks.

*taps watch*

It's been 6 minutes guys.
This is just a mafia tactic guys. She's letting you think she's asking people to reveal themselves as if she's not mafia herself! Don't trust her!

##vote: Shunna

Fynn
In light of all this positive feeling, I would appreciate it if all the remaining mafia members would make themselves known.

Thanks.

*taps watch*

shona pls

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
You make it sound like I'm on a freeway or something.
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii611/bmxman98/Mobile%20Uploads/EC0240CF-CCBA-432A-BF49-93A2388A122F_zpsflg0imop.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/bmxman98/media/Mobile%20Uploads/EC0240CF-CCBA-432A-BF49-93A2388A122F_zpsflg0imop.jpg.html)

Formalhaut

Thanks.

*taps watch*

This is just a mafia tactic guys. SHe's letting you think she's asking peopel to reveal themselevs as if she's not mafia herself! Don't trust her!

Nuuuu frey-frey, pls.

EDIT: Also, wow, that's a fairly... open field.

Fynn
02-22-2017, 06:29 PM
Junpei;3655413']You make it sound like I'm on a freeway or something.
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii611/bmxman98/Mobile%20Uploads/EC0240CF-CCBA-432A-BF49-93A2388A122F_zpsflg0imop.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/bmxman98/media/Mobile%20Uploads/EC0240CF-CCBA-432A-BF49-93A2388A122F_zpsflg0imop.jpg.html)

OH MY GOD HE'S TIPPED OVER!!!

Freya
02-22-2017, 06:29 PM
If anyone had any doubts who Junpei was xD Think they just confirmed it with that snow!

Slothy
02-22-2017, 06:30 PM

Thanks.

*taps watch*

This is just a mafia tactic guys. She's letting you think she's asking people to reveal themselves as if she's not mafia herself! Don't trust her!

Typical mafia diversion.

##vote: Fryea

Slothy
02-22-2017, 06:31 PM
If anyone had any doubts who Junpei was xD Think they just confirmed it with that snow!

What? Snow and some seemingly oil rig related equipment?

Could be anywhere.

PS: that piddly amount of snow is laughable.

Fynn
02-22-2017, 06:32 PM
veebl pls

Fynn
02-22-2017, 06:33 PM
wow u guys are ruining your game

and u killed ur doctor wow

Slothy
02-22-2017, 06:34 PM
wow u guys are ruining your game

and u killed ur doctor wow

I always knew that suicide by mafia was how I'd die.

Formalhaut
02-22-2017, 06:35 PM

What? Snow and some seemingly oil rig related equipment?

Could be anywhere.

PS: that piddly amount of snow is laughable.

It's the Mafia's secret hideout. Junpei = Mafia confirmed.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
02-22-2017, 07:16 PM
In all fairness it was 15c here last week now it's -5c and snowing today.

Fynn
02-22-2017, 07:22 PM
Okay, that's a lie and you know it

When temperature falls snow fast, it never snows, since that usually indicates a pressure high which means clouds disperse

##vote: jnpy

Busted

FFNut
02-22-2017, 07:25 PM
I'll admit I'm no doplor radar. It is hot one day, cold. ##Vote: weather

Formalhaut
02-22-2017, 09:19 PM
I've got all night actions in now guys, so I'll just start resolving them and then we can get Day Four underway!

Fynn
02-22-2017, 09:23 PM
Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Pumpkin
02-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Okay, that's a lie and you know it

When temperature falls snow fast, it never snows, since that usually indicates a pressure high which means clouds disperse

##vote: jnpy

Busted

Never is a strong word

source: Former meteorologist bf

#vote: Koromoro again

Fynn
02-22-2017, 09:35 PM
pimpken why

no pls no

Fynn
02-22-2017, 09:58 PM
Hey Vivi

Welcome to the dead side

Slothy
02-22-2017, 10:01 PM
Does that mean we get to hang out with thanatos?

Fynn
02-22-2017, 10:02 PM
I mean, not like literally, but we have like Laddy, so it evens out

Freya
02-22-2017, 10:04 PM
Well now for sure we're out both "doctors"

Formalhaut
02-22-2017, 10:20 PM
So yeah, thanks for playing Vivi!

There's just six players left. This means if Town do well and lynch a Mafia, we're going to at least Day Five. If a Town is lynched, things get dicey. With no Doctor, there's no way to stop a kill going through. So yeah, Day Four is going to be huge.

Fynn
02-22-2017, 10:22 PM
'Yuge

Tremendous

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-22-2017, 10:33 PM
I kinda hope Mafia wins. Sorry, I'm pretty like that. Can I change sides, even after I'm dead?

02-22-2017, 10:36 PM
I meant to say petty but autocorrect and when I go to edit it keeps asking if I want to delete. Damn mobile.

Slothy
02-22-2017, 10:43 PM
Hey, I'm a huge fan of a massive body count too. Doesn't matter to me who wins now as long as people die.

Formalhaut
02-22-2017, 10:43 PM
I mean, you are pretty but ;)

02-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Hey, I'm a huge fan of a massive body count too. Doesn't matter to me who wins now as long as people die.

*sits by Vivi and watch the world burn*

I mean, you are pretty but ;)

Awww, :blush:

FFNut
02-23-2017, 12:20 AM
Ok I am back from work. Able to talk a bit more on things.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 05:27 AM
Yeah, sure come on! There's still plenty of room on the mafia bench! :bigsmile:

Cmon Vivi, you too! I made some pizza!

Slothy
02-23-2017, 05:47 AM

Does it have pineapple?

Fynn
02-23-2017, 07:27 AM

Does it have pineapple?

:bigsmile:

Scruffington
02-23-2017, 02:09 PM
I think this game is making me want to play Persona 3. I never had any interest in it before, but now it's definitely on my radar. I don't know if it could top Persona 4 for me but I still think I should give it a shot.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 02:15 PM
I personally prefer it to 4 because of its themes and characters (though I am in the minority, since people usually prefer the more heavily anime-inspired and immediately likeable cast of 4), but it might be a bit harder to get into after 4 since 4 really makes many aspects of gameplay smoother. Your best bet would be to get the portable version if you have a PSP or Vita - what that version sacrifices in anime cut-scenes it really makes up for with huge gameplay improvements, like a smoother equipment interface and controllable party members (not to mention there's a female path which is awesome). If you can't get that, get FES. There is literally no reason to play the basic version of the game at this point.

Scruffington
02-23-2017, 02:23 PM
I personally prefer it to 4 because of its themes and characters (though I am in the minority, since people usually prefer the more heavily anime-inspired and immediately likeable cast of 4), but it might be a bit harder to get into after 4 since 4 really makes many aspects of gameplay smoother. Your best bet would be to get the portable version if you have a PSP or Vita - what that version sacrifices in anime cut-scenes it really makes up for with huge gameplay improvements, like a smoother equipment interface and controllable party members (not to mention there's a female path which is awesome). If you can't get that, get FES. There is literally no reason to play the basic version of the game at this point.

I actually do have a Vita...which has unfortunately been collecting dust since I finished the two Danganronpa games months ago. Sounds like P3 Portable is the better version so I'll pick that one up.

This seems like a good time to play through it with Persona 5 just around the corner. :P

Formalhaut
02-23-2017, 02:53 PM

While I do number myself in with the majority who prefer Persona 4 (I can't help it, I just like happiness), I do really enjoy Persona 3. It was the game that introduced me to the entire series, after all, I'm pretty indebted.

As for the version, I played P3P's female path, and the story was fantastic. The lack of anime cutscenes means it is more heavily visual-novelish, which is a shame, but the gameplay improvements are pretty important, so I think it is a decent trade-off.

FES retains the anime cutscenes and has mild additions to the game. I've not played it myself. FES also only has the original male path, which I feel isn't as well-written than the female path which was written after FES was released and allows you to develop social links with every member of S.E.E.S, as opposed to just the women. Also, you can choose not to romance everyone, unlike in the male path.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 06:21 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ld884DKjVyI/VfCOjWJOr0I/AAAAAAAAR6M/2kAP1NtZnQc/s320/brendapipoca.gif

Formalhaut
02-23-2017, 07:41 PM
Ken;3655616']Oh my god. I'm an idiot. Igor PM'd me days ago, but I didn't notice it and didn't read it. I'm NOT just a regular cop. I'm a "Corrupt Cop": when mafia roleblock me, rather than me getting no investigation results, my investigation results get switched. A mafia result becomes a town result and vice versa.

Ken;3655617']This changes everything. I'm almost certain that Shinjiro ISN'T mafia now. After I revealed myself as cop, I must have been roleblocked by mafia the next night, making Shinjiro appear as mafia rather than town.

Yeah no.

Oh, the end of the day is always so full of humour.

Psychotic
02-23-2017, 07:43 PM
oh dear

Karifean
02-23-2017, 07:45 PM
Oh dear indeed

Fynn
02-23-2017, 07:46 PM
pshaw

amateur

using a 2011 meme as your send-off? classy

Freya
02-23-2017, 07:48 PM
You guys are ridiculous. Was that a Suicide pack :lol:

Slothy
02-23-2017, 07:48 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/QgixZj4y3TwnS/giphy.gif
https://media4.giphy.com/media/cDJq5MNA7GE6c/giphy.gif
https://media2.giphy.com/media/aLdiZJmmx4OVW/giphy.gif

Karifean
02-23-2017, 07:49 PM
I'm almost surprised it took this long for Ken to vote for himself.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 07:49 PM
We're the Suicide Squad

I'm Harley Quinn! Dibs!

Freya
02-23-2017, 07:53 PM
Alright now that i've wasted most my work day posting here, I'm gonna have to actually work on this T & M :lol:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
02-23-2017, 07:53 PM
Driving ATM, well... that escalated quickly.

Shauna
02-23-2017, 07:54 PM
Man, Mafia team, get a new gimmick.

Mr. Carnelian
02-23-2017, 07:57 PM
You get a new gimmick.

Mr. Carnelian
02-23-2017, 07:58 PM
You just can't take how cool we are :smug:

Psychotic
02-23-2017, 07:59 PM
Self hammering is actually a pretty smart tactic tbh.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 08:02 PM
That's why I did it

Ken is just copying me

Mr. Carnelian
02-23-2017, 08:03 PM
But I'm the one who did "Yes we Ken." No-one can take that away from me. No-one.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 08:04 PM
you ruined it

Mr. Carnelian
02-23-2017, 08:04 PM
YOU ruined it.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 08:06 PM
no, I made art

you just... made a cheap knock-off!

Mr. Carnelian
02-23-2017, 08:08 PM
You invented it, but I perfected it.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 08:09 PM
pffff

whatever you say, little dude

Shauna
02-23-2017, 08:09 PM
:smug:

Formalhaut
02-23-2017, 08:16 PM
If you're wondering why the write-up for Ken's death suddenly channels Scarface, Mr. Carny insisted I give Ken a glorious death, so I had to re-write the ending. :p

Pumpkin
02-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Guys. GUYS.

I think I figured out who the mafia is.

It's Ken.

Psychotic
02-23-2017, 08:23 PM
I don't know why you two are bragging when you absolutely shited the bed and made ridiculous and unnecessary claims :p

Mr. Carnelian
02-23-2017, 08:27 PM
I don't know why you two are bragging when you absolutely trouted the bed and made ridiculous and unnecessary claims :p

Shush, you. This was literally my first mafia (in which I didn't die within like an hour of joining). Not sure what Fynn's excuse is... :erm:

Formalhaut
02-23-2017, 08:30 PM
In Mr. Carny's defence, I think Ken had no choice but to claim cop. Because he couldn't really claim Vanilla, and claiming nothing would've been suspicious as all hell.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 08:30 PM
I super underestimated Junpei's cunning. That was my bad and I seriously didn't see it coming.

Still, it was my action that made the game actually fun rather than just tense. So I think you're just jealous, Psy

Psychotic
02-23-2017, 08:35 PM
Junpei made a huge mistake lying like that assuming he is indeed town. He got lucky from you panicking. No townie should ever lie! Assuming Mitsuru is being truthful too, his lie could've cost town the cop and if you'd kept your mouth shut and let the town destroy itself it just might've!

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
02-23-2017, 08:35 PM
Ya I can bees smarts.

Mr. Carnelian
02-23-2017, 08:41 PM
We may not have made all the right moves, but we had a LOT of fun.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 08:42 PM
Except it was legitimately a smart choice on his part. Yes, it involved risk, but he lured me out in a way that would pretty much make me suspicious if I didn't say anything

Could I have tried and argue that? Of course. But you can't deny that his move was well-planned and worked well to the point of being a total game-changer, not only incriminating me completely and indisputably, but also presenting him to the rest of town as undeniably saying the truth - to this point he is the only living townie who cannot possibly be mafia

Really well done, Junpei

Fynn
02-23-2017, 08:44 PM
A townie will lie for strategic reasons though? Like when you don't want to be revealed as a role. What kind of logic is that? A townie should never lie? What?

##vote: Psychotic

Psychotic
02-23-2017, 08:45 PM
Sorry dude, I don't think it was smart to lie and say a random person did something when they didn't. You incriminated yourself under zero pressure. It worked because of you, but it would've failed disastrously if you had ignored the bait - ending with, at best, the cop exposed and at worst, lynched.
A townie will lie for strategic reasons though? Like when you don't want to be revealed as a role. What kind of logic is that? A townie should never lie? What?

##vote: PsychoticYes, a townie should never lie. Lynch all liars (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lynch_All_Liars) is a basic town rule. Don't claim at all if you don't want your role to be revealed, don't just pull something out of your ass.

Freya
02-23-2017, 08:50 PM
IN OTHER NEWS. I had a theme idea the other night

So Bachelorette

But the bachelors are like Fabio, Derek Zoolander etc

I think the role playing would be hilarious and I want to watch it
SO​GUYS. MY IDEA. WHAT THINK

Mr. Carnelian
02-23-2017, 08:52 PM
##Vote: Psychotic

Mafia solidarity, yo.

Mr. Carnelian
02-23-2017, 08:52 PM
IN OTHER NEWS. I had a theme idea the other night

So Bachelorette

But the bachelors are like Fabio, Derek Zoolander etc

I think the role playing would be hilarious and I want to watch it
SO​GUYS. MY IDEA. WHAT THINK

Yaaas! :D

Fynn
02-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Sorry dude, I don't think it was smart to lie and say a random person did something when they didn't. You incriminated yourself under zero pressure. It worked because of you, but it would've failed disastrously if you had ignored the bait - ending with, at best, the cop exposed and at worst, lynched.

##vote: PsychoticYes, a townie should never lie. Lynch all liars (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lynch_All_Liars) is a basic town rule. Don't claim at all if you don't want your role to be revealed, don't just pull something out of your ass.

Except his risk payed out hugely, so how can you still criticize it? He managed to say something to make everyone believe him and revealed himself just at the right time to gain back everyone's trust. There's no lynch all liars rule here - and frankly, it's a very stupid one because in this instance, it would have given mafia a huge edge because I was completely pinned down.

The pressure was there because everything he said was aligned with what we knew. Then Mitsuru came in, and everything came crumbling down. Claim whatever you want, but I can assure you, his guess was accurate enough to give us definitely more than zero pressure.

Of course, it's easy to judge when you're on the other side.

Psychotic
02-23-2017, 09:05 PM
How would you have been under any pressure? Everyone would've been up in arms about the Tracker and Cop claims and you could've sat quiet and let them bicker about the mechanics of Mitsuru's role. If Junpei had then said "Lol I lied I investigated the dog he did nothing" and you hadn't said anything everyone would've assumed you were vanilla and he'd have looked suspect as all hell for lying.

Not trying to be an ass here, just offering feedback and analysis. I get you'd like to have been caught out by a masterplan but I gotta be totally honest and say it wasn't through his genius you were caught out, it was through your own mistake. And yeah you're right it's easy for me to sit on the sidelines and say that. Fully accept that. If I'd been in your position maybe I'd have done the same! Just calling them like I see 'em.

Formalhaut
02-23-2017, 09:05 PM
I mean, Psychotic is right: Lynch All Liars is an established policy. I personally don't like policy lynches, because by their very definition they are inflexible, and I like to consider everything to their proper context.

I agree with Psychotic: it was damn risky, and Mitsuru came under some heat which could've crippled the Town. Despite that, it did work out, it forced Koromaru to claim (making him the number one target), which resulted in Ken having to claim a significantly weaker position (making him face off against Mitsuru, and we know how that ended up)

I'll also go into slightly more detail about why I'm more sympathetic to the risky gambit, but I'll wait until after the game's finished. I will say though Junpei: risky as smurf, but good job.

EDIT: It's easy to be objective. I mean, objectively, yeah, I totally agree with Psy. But subjectively, I can't help but say Junpei's risky gambit was the turning point of the game.

A game which isn't over just yet, though. Day Five could go one of two ways, still.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 09:08 PM
And I'm not saying I didn't make a mistake! I acknowledged that as far back as yesterday. Still, Junpei made a decision that hinged on me making that mistake. He saw an opportunity and he took it - it was rolling the dice, but in the end, he won and I lost. I didn't think he had it in him to lie, so I did my best to adjust to the facts he presented. I made the mistake, but he planted the lie. Which I think was very smart, even if a lot of it relied on luck.

Mr. Carnelian
02-23-2017, 09:17 PM
Honestly, I think Junpei played us like a fiddle. He's put himself in a position above all reproach, whilst leading us into incriminating ourselves. Formy and Psychotic are looking at it all wrong: it was a brilliant gamble, not a mistake.

##Vote: Formy AND Psychotic

'cause I'm a mafia and I live to break rules.

Formalhaut
02-23-2017, 09:24 PM
Hey, don't lump me in with Psy, I'm ultimately with you guys! I just think Psy has a point and under normal circumstances, it is way too risky to consider.

But it worked, and he ended up directly bagging Koromaru, and forcing Ken to claim a weakened position. Besides, it was Day Three, and Town were in a shambles before, so someone had to do something.

Psychotic
02-23-2017, 09:26 PM
You're all missing one key thing. Junpei was motivated by his obsession with the idea that Mitsuru was scum. Mitsuru as in not scum Mitsuru. As in Cop Mitsuru. He was trying to get Mitsu's scum buddies to come to her aid. He wasn't onto any actual scum! He even straight up said "Koromaru: don't think you are playing as mafia" right before you claimed. :p

[M] D'Anna
02-23-2017, 09:29 PM
You're all missing one key thing. Junpei was motivated by his obsession with the idea that Mitsuru was scum. Mitsuru as in not scum Mitsuru. As in Cop Mitsuru. He was trying to get Mitsu's scum buddies to come to her aid. He wasn't onto any actual scum! He even straight up said "Koromaru: don't think you are playing as mafia" right before you claimed. :p

Pretty much this. In fact, I would even argue that Junpei's move somewhat backfired because he actually ended up exposing the real Cop.

Formalhaut
02-23-2017, 09:30 PM
Maybe that was a false sense of security. It's easier to roleclaim to someone who trusts you than someone who's finger pointing you and shouting that you claim something.

But yeah, Junpei was awry with the Mitsuru finger-point. :p

Fynn
02-23-2017, 09:31 PM
Yep, which is why I said nothing until Mitsuru revealed stuff. She said some stuff that I knew I couldn't refute once Aigis came in, so I decided to claim Doctor first since I'd actually been less suspected than her, so I could have the upper hand and frame Aigis.

But then Junpei revealed he was lying which I was NOT expecting, which is why I thought it was smart. I already thought of three steps that I'd be performing and was getting ready to fight Aigis, but I failed to consider Junpei might be playing me.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
02-23-2017, 09:32 PM
I will go into after the game why and how I set it up.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 09:33 PM
I did it PRECISELY because I thought he was going to push Mitsuru and didn't suspect me.

Psychotic
02-23-2017, 09:34 PM
Yeah but once he'd pushed Mitsuru and she'd been lynched and flipped Cop, you'd have been exposed anyway. No need to try to set up the Doc - because there's no way you could've taken them both out - just take the Cop lynch you've already got and laugh all the way to the bank, kill the Doc at night (if he claims to substantiate Mitsuru) and then do your jnpy pls routine the next day.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 09:38 PM
Sigh

You know what, guys? Dealing with the fact that I'm not as smart as I thought and then trying to make a joke out of it was hard enough. You really don't need to spend energy rubbing that fact in my face :(

Psychotic
02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Hey we all fuck up and make mistakes, that's part of the game. I've made some shockers in my time! Phoenix Wright mafia for example was a shitshow of bad on my part.

Anyway, there's a wider strategic discussion as to whether it's right for town to lie or not and that was more intended to be the point of my posts, we kind of drifted off that.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 09:45 PM
I still think it's a valid strategy because that means you can also trick mafia. If a game Master doesn't specify that it's against the rules, I really don't think there's anything wrong with that

Formalhaut
02-23-2017, 09:46 PM
I lost the last two Mafia games pretty handily, with several mistakes in the last one, so yeah. Don't beat yourself up about it Fynn. You're a really good player! :D

Psychotic
02-23-2017, 09:53 PM
Exactly, Dissidia proved that! That was really well played.

Also Junpei if your explanation is anything more than "Actually yeah I got really bloody lucky but hey it worked :D" I will call you a liar. ;)

Scruffington
02-23-2017, 09:54 PM
I won't talk about anything game-specific since I'm still playing, but I think you did a fine job Fynn. And you definitely made the game more entertaining. :)

02-23-2017, 09:57 PM
I think regardless of the outcome the real winners were Mafia this game. I love how they went out with a bang.

Fynn
02-23-2017, 10:05 PM
Well look at all y'all dinguses, making me blush

FFNut
02-23-2017, 11:37 PM
Ok, home from work. What a day today was. Great job Mr. Carny!

Formalhaut
02-23-2017, 11:57 PM
We're at the final day now guys! What a rollercoaster! (well, assuming everyone decides to not vote 'No Lynch', I guess).

FFNut
02-23-2017, 11:59 PM
Not going to happen.

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 01:45 AM
I just have an image now of Elizabeth rage playing Portal 2 now. No idea why.

Slothy
02-24-2017, 02:11 AM
I just have an image now of Elizabeth rage playing Portal 2 now. No idea why.

You know, I've got this funny feeling she is as well. I don't have the slightest idea why.

Pumpkin
02-24-2017, 03:36 AM
What is edgy cop?

Karifean
02-24-2017, 03:37 AM
What is edgy cop?

Mitsuru explained it in thread. Normally getting the right results, but getting flipped/wrong results if she happens to be protected by the doctor on that night.

Pumpkin
02-24-2017, 03:38 AM
Oh okay, sorry

Slothy
02-24-2017, 03:39 AM
Nothing to be sorry about. There's an awful lot of stuff to keep track of in that thread.

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 03:58 AM
Yeah, it is a unique game mechanic from the game setup I used, so I don't expect people to know it.

Basically, the cop's investigations are sane (i.e, accurate) unless the cop is being protected. When the cop is being protected, all results show up as paranoid (all guilty), regardless of accuracy.

Funnily enough the setup I used doesn't give it a flavour. I was going to go for 'obsessive' but felt that sounded too similar to 'compulsive' which was already being used by the doctor, so I went with edgy, because I didn't have a theasaurus to hand.

Karifean
02-24-2017, 04:33 AM
Welp, I guess this ends the game then.

Shauna
02-24-2017, 07:14 AM
Oh God. I am at the edge of my seat. Was my investigation legit?!

[M] Al - Biker Dad
02-24-2017, 09:40 AM
Hey guys, sorry I'm late. What did I miss?

...oh.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 09:45 AM
WHAT THE FUUUUUU

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 09:55 AM
Aw snap. Town got its hustle on the last couple of days, well-played!

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 10:04 AM
Now that it is over, I can freely admit that before Day Three, Town was - respectfully - getting smushed. From the middle of Day Three onwards, Town got their act together and were in the ascendancy. It was so interesting seeing the reversal happen.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 10:49 AM
They were not getting smushed. We failed to hit a single role before the end of night 2, and we didn't manage to kill anyone on day 1. Town really had a good start.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 10:50 AM
We couldn't get a single role before they all got revealed. That was the opposite of a good start for us.

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 11:08 AM
The inability to hit a power role did hurt, to be sure, but in the first two days, you guys didn't really need to do much. It's telling that not a single one of you jumped on the bandwagon for Yukari, for example. You simply didn't need to. None of you were on the Theodore bandwagon either.

Whether or not the lack of killing a power role would've hindered your lategame chances (I would say it did), I do think it is fair to say that Town were under some pressure in the first third of the game. And besides, power roles are no guarantee. Mitsuru's cop investigations only really became useful in Day Three because of the unique mechanic. You guys basically made Junpei a Vanilla Townie.

I mean yeah, it wasn't the best start not killing someone Night One, but that's just the luck of the draw. Vivi can confirm his protection was very arbitrary. Going into Day Three, no-one from Town seemed suspicious of you guys, at least, not above the usual level of suspicion, though I might have to re-read the latter part of Day Two to see where things were at.

Ken was actually playing a great game until he needed to claim, because most were happy enough to leave him be.

Honestly, I think Mafia had a good enough start. Not hitting a power role probably hurt your long term chances, as power roles tend to get more powerful over time, but in the short term, I can think of worse starts.

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 11:14 AM
Yeah I agree with Formalhaut. Success for mafia isn't defined by taking out the powers necessarily - I mean, if you do, happy bloody days, but it's a crapshoot - in the early days if your head is down and the town are focused on squabbling over lynching townies without thinking about you then you are doing a damn fine job. And that's exactly what happened.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Sure, but failing to kill ANYONE on night 1 is a big blow to morale :p

FFNut
02-24-2017, 11:26 AM
I can't believe I survived that game. I thought going into night two and day three I was done for.

FFNut
02-24-2017, 11:50 AM
I said I'll explain how I was able to bait Mafia into claiming too.

Here is how I did it.

i was shocked when I survived night two. I made a mistake by mixing two different members who I didn't know this at the time, but were town. If you look at the thread I laid low for a good chunk of time after that.

When I survived night two I figured it was because Mafia thought they had a more powerful kill then me, yet them Role Blocking me showed them I too had a night role as that would have come back succeful to them. So when I claimed I said Smurf it anyways as half the town was looking to lynch me next, and Mafia knew I had a night move.

At this point my suspicions of Shuana had dropped a good deal as I had mixed her up with another player. (Why you shouldn't drive and Mafia) but I kept them up to set up the farce. I knew Fynn was the puppy and I had a feeling he was a goon because he had no movement night one and I have played against Fynn before when he was Mafia, and he was acting in the same way. It is why I tracked him night one.

When I claimed I insinuated that I had evidence against Shauna as the tracker to see what would go down. It was desperate I will admit but I thought nothing to lose. That's when Fynn popped his head up out of no where and dropped the I am the Doctor and helped her night one. It was exactly what I was looking to achieve. Someone to lynch who wasn't me, but Mafia. After that I was still suspicious of Shauna a bit, but when I really read what everyone else wrote about Mitsuru I had to admit she was the cop. Sorry Shauna I made this game a little hard on you.

Shauna
02-24-2017, 12:03 PM
Screw you Freya for making me doubt myself pretty heavily. :colbert:

Shauna
02-24-2017, 12:25 PM
But honestly, after Theo flipped town, it put a major dampener on my confidence in my results. Even if I couldn't be protected two consecutive nights (maybe not the best thing for Igor to slip me this information xP), I still had massive paranoia. Although, Igor's slip cemented that Koromaru defos was mafia because I suddenly had information I probably shouldn't have had.

Also, not sure why Ken roleclaimed. It just made him suspicious. Like, obviously I knew, but nobody else really bought it.

FFNut
02-24-2017, 12:32 PM
I wondered the same thing. If anything he could have claimed tracker and tossed me under the bus. More people were for killing me on day 3 then you. It would have destroyed my game.

Freya
02-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Screw you Freya for making me doubt myself pretty heavily. :colbert:

Hehehe

So day 1 and 2 I was actually very busy. I was a bit pissed that ffnut was pointing a finger at me for no damn reason. I had a hint he was a role night one. We went for mitsuru instead for the kill and blocked shinjiro. Night to I was not going to let my hunch get away so I tried ffnut.

Day one I was like, I have a strong feeling he's a role I just know it! No one else was giving me strong vibes so whatever just go with it. Then he confirms it so just to rub it in I blocked him a few more times for the luls.

We didn't have to do shit day one and two. That was lovely.

Theeeeennnn, my victory was right there in my hand. I had just woken up when you claimed. Fynn messages asking is he should claim I said if you think you can be believable but let's see how it goes. Aki and junpei get suspicious, I send messages omg no, they are not buying it, we can work this. But fynn didn't check those as he was writing up his post and he hit publish.

My reaction was nooooooooo fuck. The moment he did it haha

At that moment it was surviving. I told him to suicide himself so you guys would shut up. And I told carn the same haha.

I was going to go heavy on scruff today but his blow up about the self vote think pretty much solidified he was town. I was grumpy.

I was talking so much shit behind the scenes though.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 12:36 PM
who cares that we lost we're still the most fabulous

Freya
02-24-2017, 12:42 PM
My reaction to junpei saying he's got me.

"You don't got shit! Fite me!
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/animal-jam-clans-1/images/e/ee/0561C2A8-54BA-4ADF-AACA-939E8F85C7FD.gif/revision/latest?cb=20160808195010

FFNut
02-24-2017, 12:45 PM
You played a good game Freya, but I knew you were Mafia too. That is why I voted you day 2. You joined the conversation fine but never really tried to dig for any information that didn't point to anyone who I thought was Mafia. Really Scruff was so busy trying to dig up anything he sold me on he was town.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 12:48 PM
YEp, I pretty much ruined everything :D

BET YOU WISH YOU HAD YHE ORIGINAL KOROMARU INSTEAD, HUH :G

FFNut
02-24-2017, 12:50 PM
No you played it well Fynn. You just made one mistake. I was starting to think Carny was suspicious too due to him not doing any digging so if you didn't claim that was who I was going to try to dig out of his fox hole.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 12:54 PM
Well, of course you think that since I helped you win! :colbert:

FFNut
02-24-2017, 12:56 PM
I was so on to you already tho...

Freya
02-24-2017, 01:00 PM
You played a good game Freya, but I knew you were Mafia too. That is why I voted you day 2. You joined the conversation fine but never really tried to dig for any information that didn't point to anyone who I thought was Mafia. Really Scruff was so busy trying to dig up anything he sold me on he was town.

Nope. Thay wasn't me being mafia. That was me being inactive. I'm actually very pissed you thought I was for that. Cause I would have been screwed had I been town

That and your lying blatently. I agree with paul. Mafia equals lying.

You were fortunate it panned out.

FFNut
02-24-2017, 01:02 PM
I was yes. It was a desperate shot on my end thinking I was going to be dead the next day or night phase.

Freya
02-24-2017, 01:09 PM
Also this doesn't validate all the silly logic by the way. It was more a process of elimination. Here's some things I've avoided saying to not out myself:

No-lynch day one does not equal mafia
Few words on day 0 does not equal mafia
Most often, typoes do not mean mafia.
Not claiming town when others have does not mean mafia either. Like what, a mafia is just going to say, "oh the roles are all taken, therefore I must admit to you all that I am mafia!" Yeah no.
Most mafia will claim vanilla townie. If it's believable, they don't get tracked or have to deal with the conflicting actual role. In games where the roles aren't told, it's even more common.
Inactivity does not equal mafia, junpei laid low, mitsuru was busy. Both town. Come off that around here because most of us are adults and have lives.

Oh and no lynch day one does not mean mafia omg poor bobby.

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 01:13 PM
You missed an obvious one. They're my bff outside of the game so they can't possibly be mafia.

How'd that one work out, Doc? ;)

Freya
02-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Hahha yeahhhhhh sorry Tyler! I did apologize to him after we brutally murdered him. Then argued with him for an hour yesterday about my probability of winning on day 3 had fynn not claimed.

Freya
02-24-2017, 01:17 PM
The plan was get two vote son a town and rush it. Although the carny was a bit inactive for that. But yeah Aki already suspected mitsuru, had junpei put a vote, all three hop on bam bam bam, day ends. Town lynched, night kill, win!

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Yeah I think Mitsuru would've been lynched to hell and back and you could've won. Akihiko and Junpei were both all aboard that train. You might not even needed to do the rush. If those two had let up on her, one of you could've been an attack dog to sway town opinion, ripping her roleclaim to shreds as nonsense thanks to the Doctor stipulation (even though it turned out to be real, of course!)

Karifean
02-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who didn't really care about figuring out the members behind the masks. Scruffy was the only one I got instantly and that's because his style of playing is just so distinct.

@Formy You have Junpei as a Vanilla Townie in your opening post.

Freya
02-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Yeah honestly it wouldn't have mattered how hard we went on that day because unless aigis got that protection again, we would have won so there wouldn't have been a day 4.

When it flipped I was just trying my best to survive. Blocking junpei and killing shauna was about my only way out. There was just a tiny bit of doubt about her investigation I could have worked with. I tried to somewhat set that up day 4 while still being suspicious of ken.

Again, had scruff not blown up in here and validate his town postion, I think I could have worked that angle. We left him alive for that reason, he was so all over the place we felt it was more of a town distraction then help.

Freya
02-24-2017, 01:31 PM
Day two I actually forgot vivi was playing and thought aigis was psy. Then I was like fuck he has to go. Because psy, you're a monster. But then I remembered you weren't and Tyler was soooo

If you know who the person is, you know how they play. It shouldn't happen, that's the point of the accounts. But it's also half the fun

02-24-2017, 01:31 PM
Oh and no lynch day one does not mean mafia omg poor bobby.

<3~

Scruffington
02-24-2017, 01:43 PM
Well it looks like we won. Good game everyone!

Again, had scruff not blown up in here and validate his town postion, I think I could have worked that angle. We left him alive for that reason, he was so all over the place we felt it was more of a town distraction then help.

Being all over the place doesn't necessarily mean scum. When you're playing a vanilla role, you're kind of free to approach the game however you want. You don't have any way of obtaining information through an ability so you have to do things the old fashioned way: scumhunting.

My play for the first two days was definitely a little bit sloppy since there was hardly anything to work off of, haha. I think Day 3 was when I really turned my game around.

Karifean
02-24-2017, 01:46 PM
Meanwhile, look at what y'all all did to me.

https://i.imgur.com/xmRS8kB.png

Freya
02-24-2017, 01:46 PM
I really only think you were able to because of the obvious mafia slip up ha.

Playing all over the place doesn't usually help the town, it distracts them. You should have seen us scramble about an old member called demondude. Now his plays were absolutely crazy. Haha

Freya
02-24-2017, 01:49 PM
Also I actually was playing portal 2 ha. Glaados is a bitch. Probably cause I murdered her in the first game. So Sassy

Fynn
02-24-2017, 01:50 PM
Yeah, no offense, but that play style was actually the least threatening to us throughout since we knew that even if you personally had "pinned down" any one of us, we could hand wave it since I think there wasn't a single person you didn't point your finger at

And YAS, KARIFEAN!!!! PERSONA!!!

Now that only leaves Freya, I believe :colbert:

Scruffington
02-24-2017, 01:57 PM
Meanwhile, look at what y'all all did to me.

Yeah, this is probably gonna be me soon!

I really only think you were able to because of the obvious mafia slip up ha.

Playing all over the place doesn't usually help the town, it distracts them. You should have seen us scramble about an old member called demondude. Now his plays were absolutely crazy. Haha

The mafia slip up definitely helped yeah. But really when you're playing a vanilla town you don't have much information to go on until someone makes a role claim or you can notice some specific voting and gameplay patterns.

I did notice both you and Fynn vote for me by the end of Day 2 which started making me suspect you two more than other players. I knew my playstyle would get me a lot of heat, and the mafia would almost certainly use me as a free lynch if they needed to. That was kind of my plan in a sense: I was trying to lure out some of the mafia to take the bait (me).

Freya
02-24-2017, 02:11 PM
I actually put myself in towns shoes at that point. To me, even without mafia knowledge, it was obvious theo wasn't mafia. I didn't want to point that out too much though so you guys would kill another of your own. But you on the other hand, had I been town I would have thought it was all a play because it's exactly how you played in your first game here too. Which you were mafia. I underestimated you that game because I thought you were just acting crazy.

Scruffington
02-24-2017, 02:15 PM
I actually put myself in towns shoes at that point. To me, even without mafia knowledge, it was obvious theo wasn't mafia. I didn't want to point that out too much though so you guys would kill another of your own. But you on the other hand, had I been town I would have thought it was all a play because it's exactly how you played in your first game here too. Which you were mafia. I underestimated you that game because I thought you were just acting crazy.

Oh I totally agree. It was actually when I wrote my big post on Day 2 that I saw a few other players had started noticing the Aigis & Theodore "connection" that ended up not actually being there. I went along with it anyways, but in hindsight I agree with you that it was clear he wasn't mafia.

I dunno, I was just trying a few things this game. Some worked and some didn't. I'll build off of what worked and improve for next game :)

Laddy
02-24-2017, 02:23 PM
w2g town

Slothy
02-24-2017, 02:24 PM
You missed an obvious one. They're my bff outside of the game so they can't possibly be mafia.

How'd that one work out, Doc? ;)

Didn't say she couldn't possibly be mafia. Said I didn't believe she was at that point. I admitted it was nothing but my gut feeling because I didn't have a lot to go on and sometimes you've gotta take a chance on something eventually.

I did mention to her several times in FB that is she flipped mafia I'd cut her.

Slothy
02-24-2017, 02:26 PM
Also I actually was playing portal 2 ha. Glaados is a bitch. Probably cause I murdered her in the first game. So Sassy

You're welcome.

Wait, why did I gift my murderer a game?

FFNut
02-24-2017, 02:30 PM
It was a fun game all around.

Shauna
02-24-2017, 02:35 PM
Yeah I think Mitsuru would've been lynched to hell and back and you could've won.

Absolutely. You dug your own graves, mafia! ;)

Fynn
02-24-2017, 02:38 PM

You're welcome.

Wait, why did I gift my murderer a game?

Actually, Ken killed you

Fynn
02-24-2017, 02:38 PM
Yeah I think Mitsuru would've been lynched to hell and back and you could've won.

Absolutely. You dug your own graves, mafia! ;)

GOD, WE KNOW ALREADY! :mad2:

FFNut
02-24-2017, 02:54 PM
I was going to buy Dragon Quest VIII today, but may now buy a persona game instead after work.

Freya
02-24-2017, 02:57 PM
Yeah Ken did all the kills besides the last one.

I made sure to clarify when I first got my role though that if somehow I was the last left, could I use both my role and kill. Formy confirmed only in that situation and then it turned out that that was the situation!

Slothy
02-24-2017, 03:15 PM
I was going to buy Dragon Quest VIII today, but may now buy a persona game instead after work.

Do it. Persona 3 and 4 are magnificent.

Pumpkin
02-24-2017, 03:31 PM
I knew Fynn was Koromaru pretty early on because I talk to him enough to know his posting style :3

Fynn
02-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Well, am a foreigner after all :p

Freya
02-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Yeah I was pretty much lost with all the role playing haha. But many of you were really obvious with your accounts even with them! We need a "how to not act like yourself" 101.

I will admit, I didn't try to pretend much cause i kinda half thought vivi would think i'm town if he knew who I was muhahaha

Fynn
02-24-2017, 03:41 PM
I could immediately tell who had played Persona and who hadn't

Personas aren't pets, Quin :p

Shauna
02-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Anyway I will probably look into actually playing my copy of P3 because Mitsuru is p hot and I look forward to romancing the heck out of her.

Freya
02-24-2017, 04:29 PM
Wait you can romance in persona?

Slothy
02-24-2017, 04:33 PM
Yes you can.

Fun fact: the only reason I protected Shauna on night one is because Mitsuru is my waifu. I shit you not.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 04:35 PM
YUP

Freys, get the PSP version you can be a girl and romance guys! I had three boyfriends!

Pumpkin
02-24-2017, 04:35 PM
Saori is my P3 waifu

Freya
02-24-2017, 04:36 PM
I don't have a PSP, can I be a girl on PS3 or PS4 versions?

Slothy
02-24-2017, 04:38 PM
I don't have a PSP, can I be a girl on PS3 or PS4 versions?

No I'm afraid. but if that's what you've got they're still worth playing.

Pumpkin
02-24-2017, 04:39 PM
You can't meet Saori without the female protag though :(

Fynn
02-24-2017, 04:40 PM
Then maybe you have a Vita or PS TV?

Slothy
02-24-2017, 04:45 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-PCH-1001-Black-System-Firmware-3-63-/262829311044?hash=item3d31d90444:g:11MAAOSwA3dYjqhf

Bam!

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 04:57 PM
why has nobody made an EoFF game with romance options

Freya
02-24-2017, 05:03 PM
I started working on an EoFF romance game at one point but I got too busy. It's when I had switched jobs. This was years ago. You were going to have fine gems like Rantzien, NorthernChaosGod, and even Steve was going to be a romance option!

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 05:19 PM
Would you call your own appearance in my EoFF game a romance option...?

Freya
My brief appearance as a prostitute I guess could be called that haha

Formalhaut
I bought my PSTV literally so I could play Persona 4: Golden. They're pretty darn cheap as well.

I do hope this encourages some of you to play a game in the series! It is perfect time for April when Persona 5 is released.

EDIT: Also, the game thread has been updated with Role PMs and an overview of actions. Enjoy!

And yes Freya, I posted them like you asked. :jess:

Freya
02-24-2017, 05:27 PM
Igor;3655868']
Night Actions:

- Aigis is dead, and thus can no longer protect Elizabeth's kill towards Mitsuru.

- Mitsuru investigates Shinjiro (which would have turned up innocent), but this is never completed.

- Yet again, Junpei's tracking is blocked by Elizabeth.

Elizabeth']Roleblock:
Junpei

Kill:
Mitsuru

Drop and Lock:
Elizabeth

http://i.imgur.com/1X9DMwb.gif

I found this gif and it reflected my once optimistic dancing and reduced it to sad dancing. I knew I was screwed but I couldn't stop the beat from making me dance

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 05:28 PM
My brief appearance as a prostitute I guess could be called that hahaYou had a much better role in the sequel I think.

Freya
02-24-2017, 05:31 PM
I don't even remember what role that was

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 05:33 PM
It was Eyes on's Next Cid's Knight so you were the host!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/CK1_zpsqgn4stde.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/photobucketamazingness/media/CK1_zpsqgn4stde.jpg.html)

I think it was the one won by this thread's very own Vivi22 actually.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/CK2_zps5abxro38.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/photobucketamazingness/media/CK2_zps5abxro38.jpg.html)

Here he is inside a bar which is inside a fat chocobo.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/CK3_zpsxh40whhc.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/photobucketamazingness/media/CK3_zpsxh40whhc.jpg.html)

Formy was in it too I guess!

Freya
02-24-2017, 05:35 PM
! I don't remember this one! Wait, did I not play it?

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 05:36 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA.

WHAT IS THIS. I was IN this?

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 05:36 PM
Dude you picked out your own sprite (Steampunk girl #3) and everything.

Freya
02-24-2017, 05:37 PM
I have a shit memory tho :lol:

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 05:40 PM
I have realised I did not release this to the general public :shobon: I didn't finish the game but a few people played it.

There was about an hour's worth of gameplay to it I think though. It had some cool things like you know the terminals in Mass Effect with private messages? You had that but it was an actual Moogle rather than a terminal because it was Mognet messages. Battle system was originally FF Tactics but then I think I switched it to be an Action RPG like Zelda.

You definitely knew about it and picked out your sprite though!

Freya
02-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Ahh so i'm not crazy about the not playing it thing. I thought maybe I really did just gloss over it. I mean I remembered playing the first one. I must have forgot about picking the sprite out since i Never saw the actual game.

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 05:47 PM
I for one don't remember picking out a sprite. When was this again? I swear I'd remember something as unique as being picked to go inside a game.

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Oh I picked your sprite. It's Luke Skywalker!

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Hmm, it might've been when I was away from the forums for a few years.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 06:08 PM
Im not in this

Wow

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 06:10 PM
you're the main character fynn

Fynn
02-24-2017, 06:11 PM
Don't patronize me Paul

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 06:14 PM
https://pics.onsizzle.com/cloud-yeah-i-remember-you-were-selling-flowers-youre-the-5698188.png

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 06:15 PM
Don't patronize me PaulFirst you bugger up in the mafia game, then you go and say a thing like this.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/CK5_zpsjdufvokk.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/photobucketamazingness/media/CK5_zpsjdufvokk.jpg.html)

Boy, sure hasn't been your week, has it? ;)

Fynn
02-24-2017, 06:17 PM
Nice try

I'm sure the protagonist is actually a silent "Hello, Insert Your Name Here!" Protagonist, isn't he

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 06:19 PM
Sort of. You're not silent and you and choose name, gender, how you look etc. as well as your EoFF join date (some people might be less kind to newbies) However I did actually choose your name when I took those shots earlier and I made him dress like a pimp, so we'll chalk it up as a win.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 06:20 PM
Why a pimp?

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 06:20 PM
Why was it never finished? This sounds like the best thing I've heard today.

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 06:25 PM
Why a pimp?I don't know Fynn maybe I have fantasies about seeing you in a purple hat. You don't know me, you don't know my life.

Why was it never finished? This sounds like the best thing I've heard today.I don't know! Ran out of steam. Sometimes it's hard being a one man band.

Just remembered there's a cool little system whereby if you input the name of an existing NPC as your character name, that character then becomes another EoFFer. So say if you put Formalhaut in, Formalhaut in the game gets his name changed to Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World so you can then play as yourself without any continuity breaks. It's pretty funny if you tell Freya your name is Freya because then she says "Did I tell you my name was Freya? How silly of me, my name is Aulayna!"

Fynn
02-24-2017, 06:25 PM
I'm guessing he didn't have the time. RPG Maker games aren't exactly quick to make

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 06:26 PM
That naming system sounds pretty well done, actually.

What was the plot?

Fynn
02-24-2017, 06:26 PM
Why a pimp?I don't know Fynn maybe I have fantasies about seeing you in a purple hat. You don't know me, you don't know my life.

Why was it never finished? This sounds like the best thing I've heard today.I don't know! Ran out of steam. Sometimes it's hard being a one man band.

Just remembered there's a cool little system whereby if you input the name of an existing NPC as your character name, that character then becomes another EoFFer. So say if you put Formalhaut in, Formalhaut in the game gets his name changed to Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World so you can then play as yourself without any continuity breaks. It's pretty funny if you tell Freya your name is Freya because then she says "Did I tell you my name was Freya? How silly of me, my name is Aulayna!"

I can do the hat one day, if you'd like

W-would you, uh, like that?

Freya
02-24-2017, 06:31 PM
We need more random ass community stuff like that. It's what makes this place so swell.

I was debating doing some type of Lucky Egg type event again just for luls, even if it's just silly more negative things like "Your sig and avy are now a literal blob. Good job blob"

Slothy
02-24-2017, 06:32 PM
I think it was the one won by this thread's very own Vivi22 actually.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/CK2_zps5abxro38.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/photobucketamazingness/media/CK2_zps5abxro38.jpg.html)

I've never felt like anyone truly gets me until right now. I'm tearing up over here. :jess::G

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 06:33 PM
I can do the hat one day, if you'd like

W-would you, uh, like that?

I think we would all like that. ;)

Actually Freya I was thinking of planning and starting an EoFF 'Would I Lie to You' game sometime in March. More games!

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Yes, I would like that.
That naming system sounds pretty well done, actually.

What was the plot?Oh gosh I can't possibly fit it all down. The intro though was the Eyes On's Next Cid's Knight contest, and you sign up as a contestant and you have to do the challenges and win the tournament to become a CK. Along the way you can make friends and allies with sub plots and side quests, and build up a reputation for yourself. I hate most games' morality systems so I wanted to make my own. There were six invisible values being tracked based on your answers. I think it was like

Stupid ---- Intelligent
Dorky ----- Suave
Arrogant ----- Humble
Serious ------ Joker
Insidious ----- Untrustworthy

So maybe someone wouldn't want to talk to you about a personal problem if you have a reputation of being a joker and not taking things seriously. And maybe NPC1 wouldn't ask you to escort their six lovely wagons of gold if you had a reputation of not being trustworthy but perhaps instead NPC2 would ask you to help them ambush them instead.

The main plot of the minisode, if you can call it that, was the CK contest but also that spambots had broken through the spam filter and nobody knew how it had happened.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Let's get another mafia rollin though? Who's up next for hosting?

Fynn
02-24-2017, 06:37 PM
You should totes either continue that game, or redo it again, except this time with more people to spread the wirk

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Here's an old text file I once wrote called the Del Murder Story Arc.

The Del Murder Story Arc

Hypoalergenic Cactuar and his boys (Iceglow, NCG, etc.) run a casino, The Wonder Square. Based on money from his rich parents who have bought ads on EoFF. Del Murder wants a slice of the action and you're going to be his main man. Or errand boy/girl.

Part I - Beginnings
Maybe Del sends you to try to intimidate HC into giving him a cut of the profits. It is not likely to be successful. So instead Del wants to plan a heist. You have to put together a team of EoFFers to do the job. You will have choices - eg that Jiro is very talented at things, but he is an unstable nut whereas Laddy is really good at charming people (such as guards) but he's not much use in combat.

At any point you can betray Del and your team, and reveal these plans to HC for a reward.

Act II - The Heist
The Heist mission would be open-ended I guess, with different choices on how to do things. Do you enter the casino through the helipad on the roof, or through the sewers? Do we kill the guards? In addition, your choices from earlier come into play, so Jiro may go crazy and blow the gag. If you sided with HC the mission goes ahead but you can lure your friends into a trap. Note, can. You can also triple cross HC with your newfound knowledge of the defences. The amount of money you get depends on your choices.

If you do side with HC I guess there's a quest chain for him too.

Act III - Winding down
Del Murder holds all of the money and says he will distribute it when the heat is off. The Cid's Knights - of which you are a part - are investigating the heist. There is a lot of heat on everyone. You can sell Del and the gang out to the staff if you wish. Your CK standing improves and this arc ends here.

Anyway, a couple of your team members run their mouths. One by one, as the days go by, team members are winding up dead. Is this the result of the killer from the main plot? It can't just be coincidence? The Cid's Knights investigate further. Del Murder's cool persona has seemingly broken and he is irritated, paranoid, reeling off names who he thinks could be behind this. Psychotic. It must be him! Tail him! You have a lovely sidequest adventure with me where I act like a general buffoon I guess idk. Every time a body turns up, this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WUdlaLWSVM#t=3m10s) is quietly playing.

Act IV - The Payout
You can put pressure on Del to give you your cut of the money. He will give you half if you can convince him - perhaps by threatening to tell the staff- but will pay the other half later. Jiro (or whoever) is the only other team member alive and he is paranoid of both you and Del, but if you help him escape from the closing net of the badass Cid's Knight foa who is about to capture and pummel him, you win his trust. You can alternatively sell him out to foa, of course. She hints that an admin put her onto Jiro's case.

If you save him, you will receive a note from Jiro telling you he has found where Del has hidden the loot. Come and meet him in the VGM/TSW forum and you can split it! A cave somewhere idk. If you smurfed Jiro over and badgered Del for his share, Del will summon you to the cave to pay you the rest of your share. If you go, you will find the corpses of all your team members throughout the cave, and layla is playing full blast. And so you meet Del. Naturally he has been eliminating all of the team members subtly. He put foa onto Jiro. The Psychotic thing was a distraction while Del killed someone else. And now you are becoming a problem, trying to smurf him over and/or take the loot for yourself. You fight, and believe you me it is not a fight you are meant to win. You may be able to. It'll be damned hard, but you can.

Act V - Outcomes
- If you defeat Del in the cave, you report him to the staff, claim all of the casino loot for yourself and your standing will improve amongst staff.
- If you lose, he names you the culprit for the heist and nobody will believe you otherwise. You will find yourself in the WML Banned Members Prison. Maybe an adventure will happen there, who knows. Either way, you will have to regain your honour if you want to be a CK again!
- If you did not badger Del for your share, and smurfed Jiro over, he will meet with you in the cave, thank you for all your help and pay you double your promised share.
- If you do not go to the trap, betrayed jiro but badgered him for your share, Del will meet with you, thank you for your work and pay you the half that he promised.
- If you do not go to the trap, saved Jiro and did not badger Del for your share, Del thanks you for your work and pays you 75% of what he promised. Jiro is paid the rest of the money to keep his silence.
- If you do not go to the trap, and did not betray Jiro, but badgered Del for his share, he still wants you dead. There will be an encounter with you in the street where he attacks you, although given that it is in public, you can expect help from friends.
- If you have smurfed Del over, either by selling him out to the staff or HC, he will come after you. I assume part of the HC/Staff questline will result in a mission to eliminate Del.

Freya
02-24-2017, 06:58 PM
If you smurfed Jiro over and badgered Del for his share, Del will summon you to the cave to pay you the rest of your share. If you go, you will find the corpses of all your team members throughout the cave, and layla is playing full blast. And so you meet Del. Naturally he has been eliminating all of the team members subtly. He put foa onto Jiro. The Psychotic thing was a distraction while Del killed someone else. And now you are becoming a problem, trying to smurf him over and/or take the loot for yourself. You fight, and believe you me it is not a fight you are meant to win. You may be able to. It'll be damned hard, but you can.

This is channeling del's mafia playstyle haha

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 06:59 PM
Yes indeed! And of course for those who did not get the reference, Layla is a scene from Goodfellas (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6MJIjCJ20) which I was channeling very heavily. Del is a confirmed fan of it, but then of course he would be.

But yeah maybe the bug will bite again and if people wanted to help then I'd be happy to put together a team! The groundwork is all there, really.

Scruffington
02-24-2017, 07:16 PM
Let's get another mafia rollin though? Who's up next for hosting?

I let Karifean go ahead of me so he's supposed to be up next. :)

Pumpkin
02-24-2017, 07:46 PM
I will try the next mafias if you guys can wait a second for me this time :stare:

I've never played before though so :ohdear:

Slothy
02-24-2017, 07:53 PM
I never played before this one so whatever. Just know that no one will go easy on you and you will fuck up going in so it's not so bad when it all actually happens.

Freya
02-24-2017, 07:55 PM
But yeah maybe the bug will bite again and if people wanted to help then I'd be happy to put together a team! The groundwork is all there, really.
I sure these nerds would probably love to haha

Fynn
02-24-2017, 08:03 PM
I mean, as long as I get to be an actual character

Fynn
02-24-2017, 08:04 PM
I kinda think you should do an updated one where it consist of people who are still active now

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 08:05 PM
You know what I forgot Fuuka existed when I did the character avatars. ^^;

Psychotic
02-24-2017, 08:05 PM
I kinda think you should do an updated one where it consist of people who are still active nowWell I mean yeah we could easily do that, thanks to the renaming system.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 08:07 PM
You know what I forgot Fuuka existed when I did the character avatars. ^^;

Ugh

I'm so glad they got Wendee Lee to voice her in Q. Her voice in P3 was terrible

FFNut
02-24-2017, 08:15 PM
It's on PSP? I may just download it.

Fynn
02-24-2017, 08:20 PM
Yes, the optimal version is on PSP

Pumpkin
02-24-2017, 08:21 PM
Because Saori

Fynn
02-24-2017, 08:23 PM
ye that too i guess

FFNut
02-24-2017, 08:23 PM
My PPSSPP just got a new addition! Took a half day off of work. I have a 15 pack of beer. I may be busy the rest of the day.

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 08:25 PM
Because Saori

ye that too i guess

She was the Hermit S.Link, right?

Pumpkin
02-24-2017, 08:26 PM
You mean the best character in P3? Yes, yes she was.

Formalhaut
02-24-2017, 08:28 PM
If I had known Saori was your favourite character I'd have included her in the Mafia Game just for you!