PDA

View Full Version : Han Solo Movie

Bubba
02-21-2017, 06:44 PM
So it looks like we're getting another Star Wars spin-off detailing the exploits of a young Han Solo! Here are the cast in the Millenium Falcon.

What do we think? Excited?

charliepanayi
02-21-2017, 07:42 PM
Donald Glover as Lando - I approve.

Good cast in general really, and I like Lord and Miller.

Formalhaut
02-21-2017, 08:39 PM
Concured with Donald Glover, he seems like a really good fit.

DMKA
02-22-2017, 01:09 AM
Aw lawd is that Woody Harrelson?

Bubba
02-22-2017, 11:09 AM
I reckon this would be awesome as a TV series.

Handsome, roguish young man and motley crew smuggle things across the galaxy.

They could call it... Firefly.

charliepanayi
02-22-2017, 11:59 AM
I reckon this would be awesome as a TV series.

Handsome, roguish young man and motley crew smuggle things across the galaxy.

They could call it... Firefly.

Just watch Cowboy Bebop!

Sephex
02-22-2017, 03:00 PM
If this is a Solo movie how come there is more than one person on the cast?

Checkmate bantha Poodo sa kawa wookie!1 Ho ho ho ho ho...

charliepanayi
06-22-2017, 03:50 PM
Lord/Miller out - Ron Howard in.

krissy
06-22-2017, 04:13 PM
sDUDBaG0sp4

Darth Ganon
06-23-2017, 03:30 AM
If you told me back in 1960 that Opie would be directing a Star Wars movie I would have said, "Holy crap, another time traveler."

charliepanayi
05-26-2018, 05:46 PM
It's out and...it's OK but pretty forgettable. It would have been much improved if they'd switched around Emilia Clarke and Pheobe Waller-Bridge's screentime.

Spuuky
05-26-2018, 10:19 PM
I watched the movie today, and I thought it was really bad. Sooooooo that's dumb.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-26-2018, 10:53 PM
This will be one i rent, if that. I only want to kind of see it to see how Donald Glover does as Lando, but the trailers don’t really make it look appealing to me.

maybee
05-31-2018, 03:55 AM
I want to see this movie because I LOVE Chewie, and Lando looks smoking hot.

Could care less about Solo himself though, so going to wait till Netflix release or something.

Is it safe to say that this is the type of Star Wars movie that nobody asked for?

Yeah but $isney has gotta get that extra $$$ inbetween episode VIII and IX.

Bubba
05-31-2018, 12:07 PM
Couldn't care less about Solo himself though

Fixed.

:monster:

Example
06-09-2018, 01:46 PM
I actually really liked it, it was the most fun I've had with a Star Wars movie since the original trilogy. Which is honestly kinda sad now that I think about it.

Iceglow
06-09-2018, 04:16 PM
I thought it was pretty boring for a Star Wars movie. If I'm honest, the movies action scenes were dull and not as exciting as far as action movies go. The plot points of Qi'Ra's (Emilia Clarke's) story and why she was so beholden to the organisation she worked for needed more explanation.

I had to literally explain to my friend who I saw it with the whole "Darth Maul is alive" aspect of the plot as someone who had only watched the movies and not immersed themselves in the universe fully would have had no clue that Darth Maul was alive.

If you're watching just the movies it makes the timeline make no sense. As it makes the events in Solo seem prior to the events of Episode 1 which means the presence of the Imperial forces very strange as they would be in existence some 20 years too soon.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-10-2018, 08:38 PM
I saw Force Awakens, Rogue One and Last Jedi in theaters, and was disappointed by all 3, so I won't be giving Disney more money in the theater for their SW films. I think the least disappointing was Rogue One, but it was at its best when it wasn't really trying to be a Star Wars movie - it could have been a generic sci-fi film and probably would've been as good. I'm not even interested in Episode IX - I might not get around to watching it at all even after a home release. The best non-original trilogy Star Wars media for me was probably KOTOR. At some point I mean to read the Thrawn trilogy as well, because the EU novels interest me much more than the current Disney timeline.

EDIT:
I had to literally explain to my friend who I saw it with the whole "Darth Maul is alive" aspect of the plot as someone who had only watched the movies and not immersed themselves in the universe fully would have had no clue that Darth Maul was alive.

If you're watching just the movies it makes the timeline make no sense. As it makes the events in Solo seem prior to the events of Episode 1 which means the presence of the Imperial forces very strange as they would be in existence some 20 years too soon.

So they scrap the EU, invent a silly new reason for the Death Star flaw, CGI in a dead actor, and now they've screwed up the timeline for the start of the Empire.

The new films feel like they're just appropriating the OT's visual style while completely losing the heart of what made those movies great - plus they clearly don't have any respect for the original continuity either.

theundeadhero
06-11-2018, 04:31 AM
It was better than The Last Jedi. I'll give it that.

Darth Ganon
06-18-2018, 05:53 AM
I honestly can't believe I enjoyed it as much as I did. It wasn't thrilling, but it was more enjoyable than The Last Jedi. I am really curious to know what kind of train wreck it originally was that they had to replace the director and rework it.

As it stands for me: The Force Awakens = Rogue One >> Solo >> The Last Jedi

What bothers me, though, and I first felt this in The Last Jedi, is that it appears they're creating loose threads in these movies intentionally to feed the new EU canon. Which is a really crappy thing to do considering many people watch only the movies and it makes it a weaker and more confusing experience for them. I'm all for story arcs across films, but if it can't stand alone then it falters.

Example
06-19-2018, 02:58 AM
So they scrap the EU, invent a silly new reason for the Death Star flaw, CGI in a dead actor, and now they've screwed up the timeline for the start of the Empire.

The new films feel like they're just appropriating the OT's visual style while completely losing the heart of what made those movies great - plus they clearly don't have any respect for the original continuity either.

Maul was shown to have survived in the Clone Wars TV series, which is still canon to the films.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-19-2018, 04:17 PM

Maul was shown to have survived in the Clone Wars TV series, which is still canon to the films.

I was referring more to Steve's comment that the movie seems to be set before Episode 1, and that in it the Empire is already formed. I haven't actually seen the Han Solo movie, so if it's set after the Clone Wars I guess that makes more sense. In early versions of the Episode 3 script Lucas was going to have Han on Kashyyyk as a young boy, so I guess if Han is a young adult in this movie it's post-Episode 3 pre-Episode 4.

I still feel though that things like inventing a new reason for the Death Star flaw in Rogue One are kind of lame and ring false to me.