PDA

View Full Version : What's your earliest memory?

Psychotic
02-27-2017, 04:16 PM
I can remember being in my crib in my room, standing up and waving my soft toy penguin named Poosie (my older brother had one called Percy penguin and being a little brother I naturally had to copy but couldn't actually say Percy) around and being careful not to throw him out before flinging myself down onto the soft covers. I assume I would've been perhaps 2 or so at that point but I don't know, it's hard to be precise!

FFNut
02-27-2017, 04:28 PM
I remeber looking outside the window and seeing my sisters outside playing with their friends, and wondering why I wasn't allowed to go out and play with them. I may have been 3 or 4 at the time.

There are a few others too but nothing I can say happend for sure like the one I just mentioned.

Bubba
02-27-2017, 04:48 PM
It was either my third or fourth birthday. My Mum had invited a load of kids round for a party and whenever people wished me a "happy birthday" I said the same thing back to them. I thought it was like "Merry Christmas".

Pumpkin
02-27-2017, 05:13 PM
I remember an apartment I lived in when I was about 3. I don't know which of the memories I have there was the very first, but I think it was when my mom was trying to take away my safety blanket?

Other noticeable memories include trying to jump out of a window and pretending to read a book.

Lyndis Highwind
02-27-2017, 08:36 PM
This may sound weird, but I vaguely remember my first birthday. I remember reaching out and touching my cake, and everybody cheering.
I also remember taking a nap in my older brother's room and staring at the Star Wars posters on his wall when I was about 2 or 3.

Freya
02-27-2017, 09:21 PM
A zoo! With my grandma! I remember I was in some type of zoo stroller, it was a whale or a zebra or something. It was animal shaped. That's about it. Just that I was at a zoo in a stroller.

I have forgotten a lot of my early childhood. I think it's because we moved a lot when I was young between various states, finally settling for the longest period in Wyoming when I was in 5th grade to 12th grade. So I think not being around a lot of locations and people caused many of my memories to not really cement themselves much. I have some memories of my family and my brother in law's family since obviously they're still around. I didn't interact with most things though to refresh and cement a lot of memories I guess.

Formalhaut
02-27-2017, 11:04 PM
I have a shockingly terrible childhood memory. Off the top of my head, my earliest memory is me age... seven or eight, cuddling the extended family's pet dog.

And that's just the one memory. I have very scattered memories up until about age eleven-twelve.

Galuf
02-27-2017, 11:07 PM
Not sure. Its weird I have alot of early memories but im not sure what comes first. Im going to have to say unfortunately the night my mum and dad fought and the police had to take my dad away. Dont remember it clearly anfld my dad never got jailed but. Yeah I just barely remember snippets so good enough bye

Fox
02-27-2017, 11:11 PM
1994 San Marino Grand Prix.

My earliest memory, at least that I can reliably recall, is watching the TV as medical crews were putting sheets up around Ayrton Senna's crash. Apologies for the morbid twist on this happy nostalgia thread ^^;

Laddy
02-28-2017, 05:37 PM
My earliest memory is I loudly proclaim that I'm going to school at the age of three and then walk to the end of the driveway to wait for the bus (naturally it's coming for ME), and my mom upon several minutes of semi-panicked searching, decides to inform me that I'm three years old and I'm not going to school yet.

Squall Leonhart Loire
02-28-2017, 08:49 PM
I remember the exact moment when I was born and I saw my relatives saying my name.

Slothy
02-28-2017, 10:04 PM
I shit you not, my dad or whoever watching the David Lynch Dune film on TV. I remember the sand worms and the explanation of the spice cycle and always have, even for literally years and years before I ever read the books or watched any of the various media adaptations.

Mr. Carnelian
02-28-2017, 11:10 PM
Somewhere between 2 and 3, in a baby seat attached to my Dad's bicycle, being cycled around Bicester late in the evening. I'm told this was a pretty regular occurence from about two months old until I was about 3, as it helped me get to sleep.

krissy
03-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Registering at eoff to post about characters armpits

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-07-2017, 02:56 AM
My best friend's bloody face after my dog attacked her. We were like 2?

Levian
03-07-2017, 01:57 PM
I remember waiting outside a yarn shop for my mother. I remember an intense boredom and walking around in circles on the pavement repeating the word "twelve" out loud to myself over and over again.

This still actually happens on occasion.

Madame Adequate
04-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Sneaking out of my bedroom to go say hi to my grandma. I had been grounded to my bedroom because my parents were mad at my grandma about something. I crossed the hallway anyway, then my parents caught me and spanked me until I was crying.

That, or when I was rubbing my forehead back and forth against the frame of my bed, because it was bumpy metal and had an interesting sensation, and I was so bored and ignored that this was the most fun I could have. My dad came in to find out what the noise was, then left. I, being very young, took this at face value, so I went back to doing it, only for him to come back in a minute later and yell at me to stop.

I can't remember which actually came first, but I'm pretty sure it was the top one.

Colonel Angus
04-10-2017, 06:12 AM
Somewhere between 2 and 3, in a baby seat attached to my Dad's bicycle, being cycled around Bicester late in the evening. I'm told this was a pretty regular occurence from about two months old until I was about 3, as it helped me get to sleep.

Sephiroth
04-10-2017, 07:51 AM
I remember a stork flying me over the city.

fire_of_avalon
04-13-2017, 04:09 AM
I can remember bits of my second birthday and second Christmas, and seeing my sister for the first time (which also happened toward the tail end of my second year of life.)

KleinerKiller
04-29-2017, 09:03 PM
I have an extremely vivid memory of lying on a cot in a dark hospital room watching Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius on a little TV. I was about 3 or 4 at the time and was recovering from one of the many surgeries that made up my childhood, though I can't remember exactly which one that was. I can remember the layout and lighting of the room almost perfectly, though, I think.

Rocket Edge
05-03-2017, 06:25 PM
One that I'm not 100% sure about: About 18 months in hospital undergoing a small surgery. I said in pretty good detail to my mother what the details of the room was and everything was correct some years ago.

One I'm certain about: At 2 years of age at an amusement park. I was on the spinning cups and got very sick. Could remember the details of events that day.