PDA

View Full Version : Oh hello, PS3.

fat_moogle
03-04-2017, 12:35 AM
So a few days ago I decided to set up my PS3 again. It's been rotting away under my bed for almost two years now, but it lives again. Seeing as I can't afford any new games at the moment I thought I'd go back and play some games that I didn't finish, as well as some that I missed. Just ordered Red Ded Redemption for £2.20!

Formalhaut
03-04-2017, 12:47 AM
My PS3 has gotten some good use lately! Primarily because of Tales of Xillia, to be fair.

fat_moogle
03-04-2017, 12:49 AM
My PS3 has gotten some good use lately! Primarily because of Tales of Xillia, to be fair.

That's what I'm playing right now! I forgot how much I was enjoying this game :)

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-04-2017, 01:04 AM
The console that has very few JRPGs as opposed to the PS1 and PS2

fat_moogle
03-04-2017, 11:09 AM
The console that has very few JRPGs as opposed to the PS1 and PS2
Even if that may be the case there are many games that I haven't played yet. Waiting on Red Dead Redemption, and I've downloaded Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 that I forgot I downloaded with PS+. After Tales of Xillia I'll look in to getting Xillia 2, and I really want to play the first NieR before Automata. That game is hard to find, though :/

FFNut
03-04-2017, 11:35 AM
You will love Red Dead Redemption. That and Bully were my two favourite games RockStar has done.

Elly
03-04-2017, 12:19 PM
considering the size of my backlog, my PS3 never got unhooked, it sits right between my PS2 & PS4... i even mix my PS3 and PS4 games on the shelf when i usually separate games by system (might also help that the cases are the same size)...
i honestly don't understand the concept of tossing your old system when a new one comes out, but i see so many people do just that... good on the OP for only storing theirs away, 'cause you never know when that bug to play an older game you love will bite, or when you'll run across that classic gem you somehow missed when the console was still new...

Fox
03-04-2017, 09:21 PM
Honestly my PS3 still gets about as much use as my PS4.

Mainly because I have FFVII, VIII and IX downloaded on my PS3

DMKA
03-04-2017, 10:07 PM
I was trying to platinum all the KH games I'd yet to platinum on PS3. Then they announced the stupid PS4 collection coming out in a few months.

Vyk
03-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Thanks to Fallout, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Fable and Tales games our last generation consoles get regular use at my place

Formalhaut
03-06-2017, 10:42 PM
And PS3 and other last-gen games are now much cheaper, so I can play games from that generation without killing my bank balance, which is neat.

Raebus
03-06-2017, 10:53 PM
I still play on my PS3 due to the good jrpgs released for it and won't be selling it for a good while. :)

Formalhaut
03-06-2017, 10:56 PM
I still have my PS2 come to think of it. Which absolutely still works. I can even play Worms Armageddon in it, which is just amazing.

Vyk
03-07-2017, 12:25 AM
FYI there are cheap HDMI PS2 converters that work surprisingly well. They just require external power. But the one I use runs on usb power and the usb port on the PS2 works just fine

Pumpkin
03-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Aye there are some good games going for rather affordable prices on the PSN store

I still use my PS3 regularly

Karifean
03-08-2017, 09:34 PM
I use it to play Persona 3 FES right now since the Persona games aren't on PS4 for some reason, and I don't own any handhelds Xx

Rocket Edge
03-13-2017, 01:37 PM
I still regularly play Tekken Tag 2 on my PS3, and I finished a game of FFX a few months ago on it. When Tekken 7 is released in the summer I'd imagine I'll have little use for it.

Sephiroth
03-13-2017, 01:57 PM
I always use my PS3. It is like one of the best consoles ever. Universal, not an opinion.

fat_moogle
03-13-2017, 01:58 PM
I still regularly play Tekken Tag 2 on my PS3, and I finished a game of FFX a few months ago on it. When Tekken 7 is released in the summer I'd imagine I'll have little use for it.

I've got Tekken Tag 2. I haven't played it for ages! If you ever fancy a game online hit me up with your PSN. I'm not amazing, only a casual player.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-20-2017, 01:53 AM
I'll play some Tekken Tag 2 online. (VERY rusty, haven't played in ages.)

fat_moogle
03-22-2017, 01:17 AM
I'll play some Tekken Tag 2 online. (VERY rusty, haven't played in ages.)
Message me your PSN :)

I had a few games with Rocket Edge earlier and I had my ass handed to me on a plate. Not gonna lie...I threw my controller a couple of times xD

FUN FACT: I broke my PSP years ago by throwing my controller in a rage whilst playing Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. Crisis Core was releasing a week later. I was pissed!

sharkythesharkdogg
03-23-2017, 05:48 PM
Sure, I'm out of town right now, but I'll get back with you after that.

I'm really out of practice too, so RE can kick both our asses. :lol:

fat_moogle
03-24-2017, 01:57 PM
Sure, I'm out of town right now, but I'll get back with you after that.

I'm really out of practice too, so RE can kick both our asses. :lol:
I'm going to ask for yours and Pumpkins PSN again as I didn't save it when you moogle hugged me haha.

& I told Rocket that I've been training with Jun but he reminded me that she won't be in Tekken 7 so maybe I should pick someone else lol.

krissy
03-24-2017, 03:58 PM
i just bought capcom vs snk 2 on it and it's great

(not sure if there's been any improvements since 1 but whatvere)

still need to start/finish MGSV on this console

fat_moogle
04-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Guys I've been practising on Tekken, when I see you guys online again we'll have to get a match going! I've never enjoyed Tekken as much as I have now and I've just pre-ordered Tekken 7 on PS4.