PDA

View Full Version : Skyblade Plays Breath of the Wild

Skyblade
03-04-2017, 06:41 AM
UVHiTbgPQ2I

Currently deciding how to approach this series. I'm currently just going to record it how I'll play it casually, going through and exploring everything, seeing what I can find. If you guys would prefer me to focus on story or such, or offer particular things you'd like to see explored, just let me know.

Skyblade
03-04-2017, 03:00 PM
ENqFDqQKhIM

I've got a lot more recorded. I've been playing this pretty much nonstop. Episodes are also getting longer, which I'm not happy about. Eighty minutes for my longest one. I might have to try editing some of these down.

Skyblade
03-04-2017, 06:12 PM
Yeah, this series is going to have to go through some substantial retooling. Apparently Nintendo is coming down hard on cutscenes and blocking videos, especially spoiler heavy ones (and there was one so big I was actually thinking of naming the episode "Spoilers"). While I might be able to figure out how to edit them out, I don't know how much I talked about them afterward, or how weird it might be to have me discussing info you guys didn't see. I guess I could just restart, but...

If you guys have any thoughts or advice, I'd appreciate it.

Formalhaut
03-04-2017, 06:44 PM
It's tricky, to say the least. In theory you could cut the cutscenes. You'd have to stop yourself divulging critical information in the commentary, though I'm not sure how they can police that, to be honest.

Also, this seems like awful micromanagement. If people didn't want to be spoiled on cutscenes or what have you, they certainly wouldn't be watching an LP based around playing the game.

Slothy
03-05-2017, 02:18 AM
If the problem people are having is Nintendo making contentID claims, Jim Sterling came up with a nice little workaround several months back that keeps them from doing anything. Since I agree that people who don't want spoilers won't watch an LP and an LP is fair use as far as I'm concerned, I wholeheartedly recommend looking into it if it will solve your issue. Even if it does mean occasional footage of totally unrelated things just to throw these companies for a loop.

http://kotaku.com/game-critic-uses-brilliant-workaround-for-youtubes-copy-1773452452

Skyblade
03-05-2017, 03:54 AM
Well, my problem is that I have never edited my videos before. And I've already filmed several past one of the biggest cutscenes that has been getting videos claimed (the name of that episode was going to be "Spoilers").

So, I'd have to figure out how to edit out the cutscenes, then edit in some explanation of what happened.

Going forward, I could simply stop the recording before scenes like that, but I'm not sure what to do with what I have.

Skyblade
03-06-2017, 04:30 PM
nQXoCbVJXGM

Skyblade
03-06-2017, 10:19 PM
xO-3JxRP-eE

Skyblade
03-09-2017, 05:10 PM
GJ34OUiSlIQ
In which I explain that I'll cut cutscenes with voice acting, and collect some of the stuff I missed.

Skyblade
03-09-2017, 06:47 PM
mpwYLIIg3Dw