PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to be in love with a fictional character? (Read below)

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-05-2017, 07:35 PM
I made my dream goal a long time to find a woman like Rinoa. Is it wrong to feel this way?

Psychotic
03-05-2017, 08:47 PM
No. I am in love with Strago from Final Fantasy VI and I am unable to sleep if I am not cuddling my husbando body pillow.

Karifean
03-05-2017, 08:52 PM
a woman like Rinoa

That's the critical part I think. As long as it doesn't "have to be Rinoa herself" I don't see a problem.

Pike
03-05-2017, 09:26 PM
No. I am in love with Strago from Final Fantasy VI and I am unable to sleep if I am not cuddling my husbando body pillow.

This but with a different character and unironically, i.e. i actually own a body pillow of my fave.

Everyone who doesn't should step it up.

Psychotic
03-05-2017, 09:27 PM
It's Zevran, isn't it?

Pike
03-05-2017, 09:31 PM
It's Zevran, isn't it?

No. But I wouldn't mind one of those too, honestly.

It's everyone's favorite mage who blows shit up. :shobon:

Come at me, my husbando and I can take ya'll

Madame Adequate
03-05-2017, 09:33 PM
So if you have any questions about the cuckold lifestyle I'm here to answer.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-05-2017, 09:42 PM
a woman like Rinoa

That's the critical part I think. As long as it doesn't "have to be Rinoa herself" I don't see a problem.

Well, it doesn't have to be like the guy in Japan who married his Waifu..

It's Zevran, isn't it?

No. But I wouldn't mind one of those too, honestly.

It's everyone's favorite mage who blows shit up. :shobon:

Come at me, my husbando and I can take ya'll
Who is that?

Fox
03-05-2017, 10:39 PM
Glad to see I am not the only daki owner here! Mine is Kagami from Lucky Star and she keeps my cold cold heart warm at night.

In terms of the OP question - I think it's impossible for such a thing to be 'wrong.' OK, your fictional love can't consent, but they also don't exist so you can't hurt them in anyway. Here's an example: how many religions are there in the world? I'd say it's pretty unlikely that they're all correct, therefore anyone following one of those not-correct religion who 'loves God' loves a fictional character.

It's far more dangerous to love your ex than a game character, I promise you that.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-05-2017, 10:49 PM
Glad to see I am not the only daki owner here! Mine is Kagami from Lucky Star and she keeps my cold cold heart warm at night.

In terms of the OP question - I think it's impossible for such a thing to be 'wrong.' OK, your fictional love can't consent, but they also don't exist so you can't hurt them in anyway. Here's an example: how many religions are there in the world? I'd say it's pretty unlikely that they're all correct, therefore anyone following one of those not-correct religion who 'loves God' loves a fictional character.

It's far more dangerous to love your ex than a game character, I promise you that.I just want a woman who is at least 95% similar to her. In appearance, personality, and some background information as well such as name. She doesn't have to be a virtual copy of her. I have tried studying the Law of Attraction but it seems like BS, especially to someone like me who is anti-spiritual.

Pheesh
03-06-2017, 12:04 AM

It's far more dangerous to love your ex than a game character, I promise you that.I just want a woman who is at least 95% similar to her. In appearance, personality, and some background information as well such as name. She doesn't have to be a virtual copy of her. I have tried studying the Law of Attraction but it seems like BS, especially to someone like me who is anti-spiritual.

It's not wrong to want that, but it's unreasonable to expect it in any realistic way. Such a person, more than likely, doesn't exist and if they did the odds of finding her would be slim at best.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-06-2017, 12:23 AM

It's not wrong to want that, but it's unreasonable to expect it in any realistic way. Such a person, more than likely, doesn't exist and if they did the odds of finding her would be slim at best.
It's best to try. I just don't know how to try.

maybee
03-06-2017, 10:25 AM
As longs as you don't take it too obsessively, don't see anything wrong with it imo. Had a massive crush on Vincent Valentine when was younger imafo, so can't really judge anyways. ^^;

Spuuky
03-06-2017, 10:17 PM
So if you have any questions about the cuckold lifestyle I'm here to answer.Everyone knows Anders is gay though.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-06-2017, 11:15 PM
As longs as you don't take it too obsessively, don't see anything wrong with it imo. Had a massive crush on Vincent Valentine when was younger imafo, so can't really judge anyways. ^^;It's just a matter of wanting a woman similar to Rinoa in the real world, that's all. And yeah, she may just be the glorified perfection fantasy woman out of a Japanese dude's head(she was based off Nomura's friend though) but I am sure it's possible to find a woman with similar qualities if you break it down.

Spuuky
03-07-2017, 12:29 AM
Similar qualities such as:

Extremely pixelated
Possessing only surface-level emotions
Only displaying attributes assigned to her by a man
No need to poop

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-07-2017, 12:38 AM
Similar qualities such as:

Extremely pixelated
Possessing only surface-level emotions
Only displaying attributes assigned to her by a man
No need to poop
I don't want those.

Spuuky
03-07-2017, 12:47 AM
That's most her attributes, though.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-07-2017, 02:03 AM
This is amazing. :heart:

http://i.imgur.com/BrnyhCu.jpg

crashNUMBERS
03-07-2017, 02:18 AM
That's most her attributes, though.^ got eem.

furthermore
There are such things as attractive/positive attributes that can be possessed by one. These traits, whether physical or within the realm of personality, can be displayed either through entertainment mediums, stories, or real people that we encounter.
art draws from life, life draws from art
what comes first, the chicken or the egg
etc etc etc

Now the problem to me lies really in the idea of time being stopped to chase such a microscopic chance. What I mean by this is:
Are there women out there who might look like Rinoa? Very much perhaps so. Whether by accident or through nature, it's not an unrealistic thing to occur.
Are there women out there who possess some of her personality traits? Way more than there are ones that look like her.
Now here's where it starts to get tricky. Are there women out there who possess either all of her personality traits or even a majority of it? The pendulum starts to have longer and stagnant swings towards the unlikely side of things.
Now to want a woman that looks like Rinoa, an already limiting concept, with all or even a majority of her personality traits is a horrendous act of abuse to the feeble* human body. It's not impossible, but the likelihood of it happening within your lifespan while in the range of your age frame divided by morals and societal perceptions is tiny. Now if you're still stuck within your needs, the only two suggestions I can think of at the moment are finding someway to time travel, possibly a century forward or backward, or figure out how to astral project and look for a morphing and willing apparition.
If you choose to bear your human feebleness, like the rest of us, I'd say the best way to go about this is to go through some sort of ego death process with this want of yours. Go through all that comes with it, the revelation that it probably won't happen, the pain, all the stuff that is a result of your personal feelings being an obstacle, a dam between the waters of truth disallowing its flow. Then you can be your own Squall, who finds in their own way their own Rinoa, who ultimately might not be anything like Squall and Rinoa.

*any mention of feebleness is not done so in a condescending rhetoric. I am implying that the human experience, with the limited constraints of a lifetime within the infinitely open field of time, is innately very feeble against the majority of whatever everything is out there.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-07-2017, 02:39 AM
I read your post and it gave me a virus. Then again, no need to fear. My computer is fine now and it's probably just some stupid pop-up ad.

Does Astral Project work at all? Seems like pseudoscience.

crashNUMBERS
03-07-2017, 02:48 AM
-_____-.
well read it again

and tbh I'm not sure, but I don't dismiss anything just because I haven't experienced it. That's dumb

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-07-2017, 02:51 AM
-_____-.
well read it again

and tbh I'm not sure, but I don't dismiss anything just because I haven't experienced it. That's dumbI've tried but it never works. I think I have tried hundreds of times already.

Pheesh
03-07-2017, 05:10 AM
What the fuck is going on in this thread though...

Fynn
03-07-2017, 05:55 AM
You poor bastards

Del Murder
03-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Isn't all love basically just falling for fictional versions of each other?

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-07-2017, 11:03 PM
Isn't all love basically just falling for fictional versions of each other?That's a nice way to think of it. We are all fiction.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-23-2017, 11:36 PM
UPDATE: My wish has come true. :heart:

Del Murder
03-24-2017, 12:46 AM
And it took less than a month. Not bad. Now please let me borrow your monkey's paw as I have a few wishes myself.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-24-2017, 01:02 AM
And it took less than a month. Not bad. Now please let me borrow your monkey's paw as I have a few wishes myself.

It was a course of over 10 years.

Example
03-24-2017, 01:22 AM
Not really. Some day I'd like to meet a girl like Tifa, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-24-2017, 01:40 AM
Not really. Some day I'd like to meet a girl like Tifa, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Jinx
03-24-2017, 02:06 AM
If it is, my love for Aymeric de Borel is a dirty, dirty thing.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-24-2017, 02:09 AM
If it is, my love for Aymeric de Borel is a dirty, dirty thing.

Naughty girl.

But I am over it now since it came true. It was really in plain sight.

Peter1986
03-24-2017, 10:00 PM
Katyuska Moonfox is basically Tifa in real life:

Also, speaking of Tifa, I have always felt that her personality in the game is a bit overlooked because a lot of people consider her eye candy.
And well yes, she obviously is eye candy, but she also seems to have a great personality as well.
Also, she never tries to "act sexy" in that embarrassing self-conscious way that some "hot" characters do - there is not a single scene in the whole game where she comes off as cheap.
The closest she comes to appearing cheap is when she is one of Don Corneo's "picks", but apparently she was only there to get some kind of information from Don Corneo himself;
although sometimes it's hard to tell what the hell the characters are saying, since the translation is kinda terrible.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-24-2017, 10:21 PM
Katyuska Moonfox is basically Tifa in real life:

Also, speaking of Tifa, I have always felt that her personality in the game is a bit overlooked because a lot of people consider her eye candy.
And well yes, she obviously is eye candy, but she also seems to have a great personality as well.
Also, she never tries to "act sexy" in that embarrassing self-conscious way that some "hot" characters do - there is not a single scene in the whole game where she comes off as cheap.
The closest she comes to appearing cheap is when she is one of Don Corneo's "picks", but apparently she was only there to get some kind of information from Don Corneo himself;
although sometimes it's hard to tell what the hell the characters are saying, since the translation is kinda terrible.She doesn't look that much like Tifa to me, mate. Looks like an AV star

Mirage
03-26-2017, 06:57 AM
She looks like a brunette in a tank top(i guess?) and mini skirt to me.

Peter1986
03-26-2017, 11:47 AM
...so despite the fact that she has pretty much the exactly same clothes, a very similar hairstyle, and even fairly similar body proportions and is a highly appreciated cosplayer in general she still "doesn't look that much like Tifa"?

Interesting.

In that case it must be her face features that you find somewhat different, because everything else about her is definitely extremely well prepared.
You would immediately recognise which character she was cosplaying as even if I never told you the name of the character. :p

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-26-2017, 03:01 PM
...so despite the fact that she has pretty much the exactly same clothes, a very similar hairstyle, and even fairly similar body proportions and is a highly appreciated cosplayer in general she still "doesn't look that much like Tifa"?

Interesting.

In that case it must be her face features that you find somewhat different, because everything else about her is definitely extremely well prepared.
You would immediately recognise which character she was cosplaying as even if I never told you the name of the character. :p Yeah the features are different.

Spuuky
03-26-2017, 03:27 PM
Hmm, you're right, this doesn't look much like that girl.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-26-2017, 04:25 PM
Hmm, you're right, this doesn't look much like that girl. I think Ayumi Ito is a good fit for Tifa, appearance wise. At least she could do AC Tifa good.

Peter1986
03-26-2017, 04:47 PM
To be honest, I highly doubt that anyone who has played FF7 or is even remotely aware of that game would be unable to tell that the girl in my image was supposed to be Tifa.

Let's just say that she looks way more like Tifa than any other female FF character, I mean, that's quite obvious really.
She had specifically designed those clothes to look like Tifa's clothes, and she frequently receives compliments for being such a talented cosplayer.

So yeah, you would easily recognise her as Tifa in that image, without a doubt.
I know I did when I was checking out cosplayer images a while ago and saw that image, I was immediately like "yeah, obviously Tifa".

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Dude, you're comparing an anime character to real woman.

Peter1986
03-26-2017, 06:10 PM
Dude, you're comparing an anime character to real woman.
Yep, I usually don't expect real humans to look exactly like animated characters down to subatomic precision.

But anyway...

I used to be mutually interested in a girl from my school days who was very similar to Rinoa from "Final Fantasy 8" in many ways.
The look quite similar (except this girl has a Scandinavian look instead of Rinoa's Japanese look - it's a bit hard to explain, but they really do look similar despite being different ethnicities) and she also had the same playful personality as Rinoa.
The ballroom dance scene is more or less how she would behave during more laidback moments - maybe not that forward, but something like that.
I remember she once stopped me in the school corridors by standing in my way and started asking random questions and giggling at everything I said.
I can see a lot of her in Rinoa actually, so that's probably the closest I have come to being "in love" with a video game character.

Another video game character who kind of resembles this girl is Joy from "Shenmue 2".
She is probably more similar in looks, whereas Rinoa is a bit more similar in personality (except Rinoa seems slightly more immature than the girl I know in real life).
But both of them are similar to her in many ways.

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-26-2017, 06:50 PM
Look similar? Is this girl a Bjork Scando?

Peter1986
03-27-2017, 12:15 PM
Look similar? Is this girl a Bjork Scando?
She is actually more similar to what Agneta Fältskog ("felt-skoog" if you want to get close to the proper Swedish pronunciation) from ABBA looked like when she was in her early 20s - not totally identical, but they definitely look quite similar.
I just mentioned Rinoa and Joy because they were the best comparisons I could find among video game characters.
And it's not really a matter of how similar they look to her (although they do kinda resemble her a bit), it's more about the way they "feel" when they are their laidback selves.