PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

MSJ
03-19-2017, 03:22 AM
Hey there. New guy here, just wanted to introduce myself a little bit. My name is Sebastian, I'm a 26 year old guy from Indiana that has loved Final Fantasy since I first played 7 when I was a kid. Sort of an oddball, I like a bunch of things that you wouldn't normally expect in 1 person. Which is why I have always enjoyed discussing my hobbies with people on Forums who have similar tastes!

As I said, my first Final Fantasy was 7. It was probably 1999 or 2000. I had always played sports games and platformers before that, with a lot of Zelda thrown in. Once my step dad brought home FF7 and I saw him playing it, I was hooked! RPG's just appeal to me, the numbers and menus and repetitive nature I actually enjoy. However, 7 is not my favorite. I will probably go to my grave never playing a game I like more than Final Fantasy Tactics. Not a perfect game, but so much fun.

I love sports and music also, basketball being my second favorite hobby. I have no children of my own, 2 nieces and 1 nephew. I stay fairly busy with them but also have plenty of free time. It is a nice balance.

I've browsed around before, but never registered because it seemed sort of slow here. I have grown very tired of the children at GameFaQs, however, and decided to register. Looking forward to talking with you guys!

Sephex
03-19-2017, 03:58 AM
Hey, welcome to the forum, you seem like a friendly fellow. Sounds like you found the place you are looking for! Have fun and hope to see you around!

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-19-2017, 04:29 AM
Welcome, mate. :)

FFNut
03-19-2017, 06:02 AM
Welcome to the Fourms. I see you love Tatics too. One of the best stories written for the series in my opinion.

MSJ
03-19-2017, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I would agree, Tactics has in my opinion the BEST story in the series. I play the original PS1 version, and yeah it has a lot of mis-translations and weird errors. But once I played thru a few times and really understood what was going on, I loved it. So much deceit, ego, loss, and emotion in that game.

I've said it a few times on this board already in like 5 posts, but it truly is a masterpiece. I must have put 1000 hours into this game, easily. You could stick me in a cell with a visitor every now and again, a place to sleep, and Tactics and I'd be perfect. I doubt if I ever play a game I enjoy more.

I'm still waiting for Square to get off their butts and make a proper sequel! Set in Ivalice, with familiar families and locations. They must know about the sizeable following the game STILL has, even if it didn't sell extremely well when released. I would be over the moon if they made a SRPG like Tactics again. Hell, put it on a handheld. I know they did this with Tactics Advance, but it's not the same if you ask me. I long for the dark and twisted Ivalice of the original.

Bubba
03-19-2017, 08:01 AM
Welcome MSJ! Great to have you here :D

Psychotic
03-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Welcome and I gotta agree with you - a proper FF Tactics sequel would be incredible.

Yubel-Lover
03-19-2017, 11:32 AM
Welcome!! :D

Lyndis Highwind
03-20-2017, 08:51 AM
Welcome, welcome! Having nieces and nephews is awesome isn't it?

Simona Padmore
03-20-2017, 11:23 AM
Hello, fellow newbie:shobon:

Fynn
03-20-2017, 11:41 AM
Hiya! Hope you stick around :D

To me, the optimal version of FFT is iOS - true, it has a slightly clunky interface, but it has all the benefits of the PSP version (sublime translation, cutscenes, the Dark Knight) and more (have you seen those incredibly detailed sprites?) without all the slowdown in battles!

Still, while I love FFT, FFTA is probably my favorite FF of all time and I think it's sad how so many people dismiss it and can't see past the cute outward appearance to see what is probably one of the most mature stories in the series. Then again, that can be said of most Matsuno games?

Have you played Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre, or FFXII?

fat_moogle
03-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Hello & welcome!

You didn't used to frequent another forum by the name of MSJ Seifer, did you?

Rocket Edge
03-21-2017, 05:00 PM
Welcome to EoFF!

Shauna
03-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself in this strange little corner of the Internet. :3

Laddy
03-22-2017, 08:59 AM
Howdy~