PDA

View Full Version : Mafia XXIX: Signup Thread

Scruffington
03-21-2017, 07:48 PM
EoFF Mafia XXIX: The Legend of Zelda Edition (Signup Thread)

Hey everyone. I'll be hosting my first mafia game here at EoFF. This game's theme will be The Legend of Zelda. While Mafia XXVIII had a lot of fun abilities and interesting mechanics, Mafia XXIX will feature a much more vanilla theme. This means that there are no hidden tricks, and the roles are very straightforward.

The official role list will not be posted until the actual game thread goes up, but you can expect to see the usual standard mafia roles (and maybe a few new ones too). For the most part the list will include all roles in the game, but there may be some roles in the game that you have to deduce yourself (this will be evident later). I am aiming for approximately 9 players, but more are always welcomed.

General Rules

All game discussion must only take place in the official Game Thread (and the Discussion Thread). No private messaging or discussing the game out of these two threads whatsoever. The only exception to this is the Mafia, who can talk freely to each other.
Editing or deleting posts is prohibited.
If you're going to be absent for a long period of time (24+ hours), please PM me.
You are not allowed to use any PMs I have sent you as evidence in the Game Thread. Example: Don't copy-paste your role PM if you're claiming to be a Vanilla Townie.
Once dead, you are no longer able to post in the Game Thread, However, you can still post in the Discussion Thread (as long as you don't contribute anything that would affect the outcome of the game).
It is highly recommended that all players use Invisibility Mode during the game. This will prevent users from seeing you messaging someone.
We have an official Discord channel for EoFF, which the Mafia can use to add their partner if they wish.
If a player fails to vote for two consecutive days, they will be modkilled or replaced.
Day Phases last 48 hours. Night Phases last 24 hours.
Most important rule: Mafia is a game. The main goal of this game is to have fun and try the best you can to win. Anything personal should be kept outside of the game.

More rules will be added when the Game Thread is officially open. This covers most of the general rules for the game. Of course, feel free to ask any questions in this thread or message me if you wish.

Signup List

1. Karifean
2. Formalhaut
3. Fynn
4. Laddy
5. Citizen Bleys
6. Pumpkin
7. Squall Leonhart Loire
8. Slothy

Karifean
03-21-2017, 08:44 PM
Hell yes.

Formalhaut
03-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Sure, why not!

Scruffington
03-21-2017, 09:12 PM
Also, this game likely won't be starting for a week (unless we get enough players and everyone really wants to start right away).

Fynn
03-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Sign me up

FFNut
03-22-2017, 12:03 AM
I will be watching from the sidelines.

Laddy
03-22-2017, 08:58 AM
You know it!

Scruffington
03-22-2017, 05:12 PM
Thanks for signing up so far, everyone.

I'll likely keep the signup thread open until we get 9 players, even if it takes another week or two.

Fynn
03-22-2017, 05:31 PM
I think Pumpkin was interested but she's away for now, so in case we get like 8 people or something, we'll know there's still one place that can be filled up

Citizen Bleys
03-22-2017, 08:21 PM
I miss Mafia. Count me in.

Pumpkin
03-23-2017, 01:03 AM
I'll sign up!

Squall Leonhart Loire
03-23-2017, 01:16 AM
Count me in.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-27-2017, 02:01 AM
I am tempted but was gonna take a break from Mafia. IT WAS KILLING MY SPARE TIME. x-x;

BUT ZELDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Scruffington
03-27-2017, 02:34 AM
I am tempted but was gonna take a break from Mafia. IT WAS KILLING MY SPARE TIME. x-x;

Does that mean you're joining?

I can definitely make this game work with 8 players. I could start on Tuesday if that's cool with everyone.

Fynn
03-27-2017, 05:49 AM

You, really, are also taking part in my mafia later and I don't wanna hear any excuses :colbert:

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-28-2017, 12:53 AM
Probably not as my week is a bit crazy this week and possibly next week. :x

Slothy
03-28-2017, 01:42 AM
I won't be able to be quite as active in this one as in my first one but sign me up. I'll certainly make the time to appear everyday at least.

Karifean
03-28-2017, 01:57 AM
I'd prefer if we started on Thursday, but I'm okay with starting earlier if need be.

Scruffington
03-28-2017, 02:17 PM
Alright, the game will be starting on Thursday. People are still welcome to sign up until then.

Formalhaut
03-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Exciting!

Fynn
03-28-2017, 07:05 PM
Woooo!

Laddy
04-07-2017, 05:45 AM
Game thread is gone...

Fynn
04-07-2017, 05:49 AM
Forum got reset to March 28 so we could get general chat back. I have to idea if there's anyway we'll get all those posts back

Formalhaut
04-07-2017, 06:56 AM
WHAT.

Fynn
04-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Yeah nope, not coming back

I say we just resume, though

Formalhaut
04-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Nooooo Psy why couldn't you reset the forum once the game ended! Ugh. Yeah. We'll have to just resume where we left off. Which I believe was the process of lynching me.

We'll wait for Scruff to re-open the thread. Never a game goes by without incident, eh?

Fynn
04-07-2017, 07:08 AM
Not Psy. Let's leave that for now, though. I expect it'll be addressed in an announcement or something.

But yeah, moving on, Formy is Mafia, so

Fynn
04-07-2017, 07:08 AM
Also Fynn tell Mafia players to check their browser cache for the thread and to do it NOW. They may have it in their files and can save it from there. They may not but worth a shot.

Laddy
04-07-2017, 09:31 AM
I think Formy was majority lynched, correct?

Fynn
04-07-2017, 09:48 AM
The day isn't over yet

Citizen Bleys
04-07-2017, 10:48 AM
I took a backup at the end of Day One, but nothing more recent.

Page 1 (http://www.bastardly.org/mafia/Mafia XXIX_ Game Thread.html)
Page 2 (http://www.bastardly.org/mafia/Mafia XXIX_ Game Thread - Page 2.html)

Formalhaut
04-07-2017, 12:09 PM
I mean, I could predict where the day was leading to (my death) , but yeah, it was

Formalhaut - 2 (Fynn, Slothy)
Laddy. - 1 (Formalhaut)

Slothy
04-07-2017, 12:10 PM
I guess whenever Scruff makes a new game thread we should just all restate our votes and then go from there?

Formalhaut
04-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, we all remember the highlights right?

Slothy
04-07-2017, 12:45 PM
I suppose so. At the very least I think we'll all have the gist of who we are suspicious of.

Freya
04-07-2017, 02:54 PM
I have a few posts saved in my cache. Posts 271 to 290.

No.

I'm concerned that Slothy outed himself as the doctor, as this effectively puts us in a more perilous position. If we lynch incorrectly today, the Mafia are all but guaranteed to kill off a Town, ending the game.
I'd question why he would do that. The main finding is that Sharky is probably not Mafia, but there are subtler ways of trying to suggest Sharky is innocent. The other protection he made (to me, apparently) unfortunately tells us nothing.
What I find peculiar is that Fynn earlier stated "the Doctor should definitely not reveal themselves." Slothy proceeds to reveal himself as the Doctor. Fynn has since posted twice, neither about Slothy being the Doctor.
The absence of "oh my God, what have you done" or "but I said not to!" or "I said not to, but the info helps Slothy" (basically, any commentary about the reveal). Instead he points out my lack of posting again, despite the fact that the time period I described in my last post (bedtime to after work) is when I'm not active anyway, something that happened the previous Day as well.
Like, how many times do I need to say I work?

TBH, I meant to post it might actually not be a bad idea for the doc to reveal themselves just when I noticed Slothy do it

Basically what I'm saying is Slothy's reveal is suspicious because there's no gamebreaking revelation that could change the game (say, a guilty verdict), the info he does have could be insinuated in non-revealing posting (the bit about Sharky), and he was expressly told that the doctor shouldn't reveal, the last reminder being posted earlier today.
I'm very wary about voting Slothy though because if he turns out to actually be the Doctor, voting your own doctor is just embarrassing. He's definitely become a person of interest to me, though.

That's interesting, but ultimately impossible to verify. But it might be helpful if you gave your reasons as to why the Doctor revealing themselves would've been a good idea. Personally, I'm still sceptical of the move.

While we're on the process of heavy hitting revelations, I might as well say that I'm a Vanilla Townie.

I mean, claiming Vanilla is like claiming that I like breathing - everyone would say that. But for what it is worth, that is the truth. Don't worry, I'm not expecting anyone to just believe that straight up, but if it helps fill in people's diagrams and charts, why not.

Because at this point, we NEED to get mafia. So we need to know as much as possible, or else there won't be a tomorrow, so it doesn't matter if it's the doctor that dies next or anyone else. The doctor's info is way more important at this point since we need to work fast and the chances that he protects someone who got targeted are slim
Also, like with Karifean, no one counterclaimed. And at this point, its kinda for late for that
[Vote Lynch Formalhaut]
I can read you like a book, friend

I would like to point out that my revealing doesn't put us in anymore peril than we were already in. If we mislynched mafia still have Fynn's neutral role claim making it basically impossible they wouldn't lynch another townie tonight. I am very suspicious of the fact that Formy is trying to suggest my reveal put us in more danger when that's patently absurd at this point.

As to why I would reveal when others said not to: again, we lynch correctly today or we almost certainly lose. There's no gain in holding back any information now and as a rule I dislike playing it safe when defeat is almost assured. We'll, honestly I hate playing it safe all of the time but especially when our demise is imminent.

Just be careful you're not reading the book upside down.

I would like to point out that my revealing doesn't put us in anymore peril than we were already in. If we mislynched mafia still have Fynn's neutral role claim making it basically impossible they wouldn't lynch another townie tonight. I am very suspicious of the fact that Formy is trying to suggest my reveal put us in more danger when that's patently absurd at this point.

As to why I would reveal when others said not to: again, we lynch correctly today or we almost certainly lose. There's no gain in holding back any information now and as a rule I dislike playing it safe when defeat is almost assured. We'll, honestly I hate playing it safe all of the time but especially when our demise is imminent.
So we're pretty much on the same page

See, Townie Formy would behave way differently :p

Also, I can read upside down just fine, so it's no problem, thank you :p

[vote lynch Formy]
Trying to suggest my reveal was dangerous when I know it puts us in no more danger, and sharing my info could actually reduce today's danger is suspicious as all hell. My but said Formy at the end of day 2 and I'm more convinced now.

My gut rather. But my butt days Formy too.

One thing I've noticed now over the past few days has been Slothy and Fynn have both been in lockstep. I'm willing to believe one of them. The person I'm most likely to believe is Slothy, because as they both point out correctly - yes, there has been no counterclaim. Unless Squall is the doctor, in which point he probably couldn't be bothered to claim anything. Or even turn up.
But then again, there's been no kills both nights, so I also doubt that Squall is the doctor, thus, Slothy's doctor roleclaim rings true. I still don't think it was really necessary to claim though.
That leaves Fynn. He's either a Survivor looking to bandwagon a Town for an easy victory, or a Mafia who's using a Survivor roleclaim to pass off as a psuedo-Town/passively helpful member. More likely to be the former, if I'm honest. I'll repeat what I said in Day One: survivors cannot be trusted to remain on your side.
Can I just take a moment to say that yeah, sure, sometimes the theories I suggest, the scenarios I entertain, could end up in later discussion become discounted. I'm willing to entertain the possibility that a few things I said was suspicious. Posting is always a risk. Posting your thoughts and opinions and theories on something is a greater risk.
Personally, I'd find the people who didn't risk much to be more suspicious. The people who rocks up, agrees with someone else's opinion, leaves. Mafia don't need to risk much when they post. They only need to appear Town. That means they don't need to commit.
Looking at the list, probably the person that springs to mind most is Laddy. I've looked at his posts. There's not a lot of substance here. In the posts, especially the later posts, there's no real sense of urgency, or danger. Even though we're at MyLo (well, LyLo really but who's being picky?). There's something off with the way Laddy is playing. It is far too casual, even taking into account the odd goofball moments.
[VOTE LYNCH Laddy]

One thing I've noticed now over the past few days has been Slothy and Fynn have both been in lockstep. I'm willing to believe one of them.
Forgot to add this that. The reason why I'm willing to believe one of them is because I don't both of them are Mafia. Two people working together would never be so obvious. Even if neither of them are Mafia, one of them in my opinion is working against Town.
While I'm here, we all know Fynn and Slothy's verdict of me. Sharky is suspicious. Anyone else want to join in on this Scary-go-Round?

Reaching hard, I see, Formy

If you tunnel much further you'll reach the other end of the world.

Can we get a time and vote check, Scruff?

VOTING HISTORY
Karifean -> No Vote
Formalhaut -> Laddy
Fynn -> Formalhaut
Laddy -> No Vote
Squall Leonhart Loire -> No Vote
Slothy -> Formalhaut
sharkythesharkdogg -> No Vote

VOTE TALLY
Formalhaut - 2
Laddy - 1

sharkythesharkdogg
04-07-2017, 04:31 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

I'm fine with picking up where we left off, or starting over. :shrug:

Does everyone want to keep going, or have Scruff "re-roll the characters" and play again? (I don't know mafia terms, some I'm just going to go with DnD slang until I pick it up.)

Karifean
04-07-2017, 04:43 PM
I mean I remember what was going on. We can keep going as far as I'm concerned.

Fynn
04-07-2017, 04:44 PM
Unless sharky is getting cold feet for... some reason? Hmmmm....

Formalhaut
04-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Yeah I'm fine to continue. Also, I'm happy for Scruff to take my place in the signup thread so he can host a game that isn't interrupted by freak occurrences.

Trust me, Mafia games usually go much better than they have been!

sharkythesharkdogg
04-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Nah, I'm fine continuing. It's just fair to be flexible and open to what others might want. Especially Scruff, since he's the one running the show.

Formalhaut
04-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Oh, I'm back from work and I've checked my cache, and I do have items that relate to the Game Thread. Should I save them to my laptop? I tried opening one of the cache files but it said I didn't have permission or what have you.

Scruffington
04-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Uh yeah...so the Game Thread got deleted.

To be honest I don't really have much motivation to continue after the forum got rolled back with no warning whatsoever. I would have really liked an opportunity to backup the thread.

I'm not really sure where to take things from here. There's a few ways we could go about it.

1. We could move onto the next game (Fynn's) and call that Mafia XXIX.
2. We could completely restart this game from scratch.
3. We could start the game up from Day 3 again with a new thread, and everyone who has any of the game info can PM it to me.

I'm really not a fan of option 3. The game thread is completely gone, and I'd like for there to be records kept of all of the games.

Karifean
04-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Fair. It's your game after all.

Fynn, what do you think?

Fynn
04-07-2017, 08:22 PM
I'm fine with any option. Just letting you guys know that if we move straight into my game, we're still gonna need some time to set up. We need a whole sign-up thing and it'll use mafia accounts again so

Slothy
04-07-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm not really a fan of the restart option. I would have been fine with just keeping going from where we were but if scruff doesn't want that that's fine. If we restart I'd prefer we find someone to take my place. I won't have a much time as I did come Monday or so for a little bit and I don't want to be a detriment to the game due to inactivity.

Formalhaut
04-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Yeah, this sucks. I'm really sorry Scruffy. Whichever option you decide is fine by me. My offer of giving you my spot in the sign-ups still stand!

Laddy
04-08-2017, 12:47 AM
Sorry Scruff, this really really sucks that this happened :<

sharkythesharkdogg
04-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Yeah, sorry Scruff. I think we're all fine with picking up where we left off but I knew this game was important for you, so that's why I was trying to get your feelings on what you wanted to do.

I'd like to continue, but if it's really eating at you don't feel pressured to continue. No hard feelings from me on that decision. Thanks for all the hard work, either way! :salute:

Laddy
04-10-2017, 02:05 AM
Since the game got lost in the EoFF Time Machine I guess I should reveal.

I was The Godfather and sharky was the goon. We targeted Fynn and Bleys each night in that order and had the Formy lynch panned out we would have a lot of work to try and target the person who isn't being protected to squeak out a win since our under the radar strategy seemed to start proving old and ineffective. I deliberately was tying to play an appeaser which worked relatively well at first but in a longer game would probably screw me, so who knows how things would have turned out. :p

Formalhaut
04-10-2017, 03:13 AM
Oh, are we sharing now? Fair enough. Sadly, I don't think this game will be continuing. As Laddy has insinuated, I was a Vanilla Town in this game. Ha, suck it, Fynn.

I'm impressed my final vote was on a Mafia, and the Godfather no less. I wasn't initially suspicious of you Laddy, but after Bleys flipped Town (and thus could be trusted), I re-examined his posts and remembered the very direct question he asked me about your behaviour in another game. It felt unusual, so I examined your posts and thought it sounded very much like 'active lurking', which Bleys mentioned with Pumpkin, but we know she was Jester so that was kinda a given.

I was also pretty suspicious of Sharky, come to think of it, and I included him in my 'top three' suspects list. Granted, all I had to go on was 'he does nothing' but I'd hope more stuff would come about. Never found Slothy to be too suspicious, though I felt his buddying with Fynn to be something of interest. I found Fynn hella suspicious though. Like, constantly piling pressure on me for one post he thought was scummy. He really milked that one dry. Well, that and apparently I was playing differently with my style but I didn't see it.

I mean, I guess I was playing more assertively, but when someone's constantly challenging you it's natural to defend yourself. Actually Fynn's constant goads inside and outside the game thread slowed me down. Instead of theorising about Laddy, Sharky and anyone else I found suspicious, I was having to defend myself. And even then I couldn't immediately point the finger anywhere else, because that might be viewed as 'reactionary'. In the end I voted Laddy but by that point I probably would've been lynched.

Pumpkin
04-10-2017, 03:17 AM
To be fair, sharky is actually just a busy dude, so just keep that in mind for future games. He might be mafia but he just won't be as active as some players because of work and errythang

I'm trying to switch up my play style based on my character because that's fun, but hopefully that'll have the side effect of it not being obvious when I'm mafia because I changed my play style. Because I'll often try and change my play style for role playing! Like I got to be super trolly as Tingle

I'm sorry your game got messed up Scruff, but hopefully you can host another one in the future, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. This one was fun too! And I won, yay!

I'm hype for the mafias to continue and extra hype to get to host soon :D

Fynn
04-10-2017, 05:54 AM
I didn't think Laddy was the other mafia, tbh! Sharky was hard to read tho, and it didn't feel fair judging him because it was his first game and he did legit seem busy. So that flew under my radar, but at least i got Laddy right!

And it would've been easier to trust you, Formy, had you not been so adamant about lynching me sooner or later! :mad2:

Laddy
04-10-2017, 07:05 AM
I thought you were on to me and just wanted to keep me around cause it means a shorter path to victory. :p

Laddy
04-10-2017, 07:06 AM
I considered PM'ing you and saying "vote for x and we win" assuming the game lasted another day but idk if that's legal.

Fynn
04-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Defo not legal :p And honestly, it wouldn't work because I wanted Town to win :p As long as I couldn't be killed, I would win either way, so I decided that I'd try to make Town win, but it also meant that the stakes were lower for me so I could go wild with my suspicions, which is why I wasn't too careful when deciding on my lynch - I just had little to lose :p

Citizen Bleys
04-10-2017, 09:34 AM
The reason I wanted to rant in a Dead QT was that YOU WERE ABOUT TO LYNCH TOWN IN A POSSIBLE MYLO WITH A LIVE, PROTECTED COP.

When it's MyLo you no lynch, always, unless there's an unprotected, confirmed town player. Due to the lack of counterclaims, you had two confTown players. Yes, they were confTown, since any town PR who didn't counterclaim in MYLO would have been throwing the game.

I didn't actually suspect Laddy, but I had a medium-strong townread on Formy based on my interaction with him D1. Were I Kari, Sharky would have been my scan target N3 based on PoE. Had he done that, Laddy's optimal play would be to shoot Slothy and you'd wind up in probLyLo with live confTown. Scum rarely wins in LyLo with live confTown. So yes, we were steaming to a win, and you were going to piss it all away by doing the one thing you never, ever do in MyLo.

Tl;dr version: MyLo = no lynch.

FFNut
04-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Form watching on the sidelines I was half right. I had Laddy and Fynn as the Mafia. I wanted to tell people don't vote for Formy as he is town but I couldn't jump into the posts to do so as an outsider reading the game.

Formalhaut
04-10-2017, 11:24 AM
I kinda want people's opinions on this because Fynn keeps saying I was adamantly trying to lynch him but I genuinely don't think I was, or even intended to? Like I made one post outlining what we could do after Fynn claimed survivor, didn't vote for Fynn, and allowed conversation to deliberate further, which resulted in the consensus that Fynn shouldn't be lynched at this stage. Like as far as I'm aware I didn't keep hammering Fynn after that, with the main exception being I thought he was suspcious because he was so adamant about lynching me (and dragging Slothy along for the ride).

If you didn't keep hammering away at me both in thread and outside, I would've left you well alone after the consensus on not killing yet.

At the end of the day though, I did warn everyone you were anti-Town, and good intentions or not you were leading everyone down hard towards a mis-lynch. Sure, I advocated for lynching you eventually, but I've never encountered a survivor before so how the hell was I supposed to know proper etiquette?

While we're having this nice little debrief, who did Karifean think was suspicious?

Fynn
04-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Jesus, Formy, wat to takie it super personalny!

Formalhaut
04-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Jesus, Formy, wat to takie it super personalny!

Pfft please, I'm super bemused. Ever since you started your false crusade I could not wait to reveal all.

FFNut
04-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Formy was convinced at the start I thought he was Mafia. Lol not for a second did I think that. I did think Fynn was though. Fynn plays a great Mafia member and has the ability to pull votes people's way. I always think Fynn is Mafia though.

Formalhaut
04-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Formy was convinced at the start I thought he was Mafia. Lol not for a second did I think that. I did think Fynn was though. Fynn plays a great Mafia member and has the ability to pull votes people's way. I always think Fynn is Mafia though.

Honestly I thought most of the spectators pegged me as Mafia. I mean, Fynn was so damn adamant about I could've sworn he wasn't the only one.

Fynn
04-10-2017, 12:16 PM
That's just my natural charisma, Nutty

FFNut
04-10-2017, 12:20 PM

Honestly I thought most of the spectators pegged me as Mafia. I mean, Fynn was so damn adamant about I could've sworn he wasn't the only one.

I played a few games now and I have gotten better at it. Me not playing in this one but just spectating gave me a different view from a not so enclosed spot to try and read between the lines. Didn't think Sharky was Mafia as he truly is a busy guy. However I was looking at Laddy and was getting suspicious of him. He looked like he was working to fly under the radar.

Fynn
04-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Honestly, though, the "he'll betray us!" thing was kinda weird? The easiest way for me to win with mafia was to just do nothing at all. Purposefully turning people to a wrong vote really seemed counter-intuitive, since I could've easily won by just flinging my hands in the air and saying "lol, you guys do your thing, I'm gonna win this anyway"

FFNut
04-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Very true You could jump either side of the fence with your role. It may be a easy claim and not have to work hard.

Karifean
04-10-2017, 12:53 PM
I actually did consider investigating sharky too. Ultimately though I decided it was more likely for tbe explanation for his posting to be being busy IRL so I went for Squall. sharky probably would have been my next target though. Oh well.

I didn't find Formy particularly suspicious myself but I chalked that up to me being the one missing something when both Fynn and Slothy started ganging on him.

I had Fynn pegged as Mafia on Day 1 too, which is why I investigated him =P

Formalhaut
04-10-2017, 01:20 PM
Honestly, though, the "he'll betray us!" thing was kinda weird? The easiest way for me to win with mafia was to just do nothing at all. Purposefully turning people to a wrong vote really seemed counter-intuitive, since I could've easily won by just flinging my hands in the air and saying "lol, you guys do your thing, I'm gonna win this anyway"

Just to remind everyone again this is the first time a Survivor's cropped up, so I mean, my first instinct is 'he's not Town'. More precisely, my first instinct was 'he doesn't have our win condition'.

This particular survivor was bulletproof, so the only way they could lose was being lynched. So honestly, allying with Town was ideal. Good to get close with the only people who can kill the survivor. Which is why I was always suspicious. Didn't help you were tunnelling me hard. Like wow, you didn't stop. Pretty much every post was a snarky 'heh, I can read you like a book' or something like it. I mean, I knew I was Town, and I don't immediately suspect everyone who thinks I'm not, but you were coming down so hard on me for what I thought wasn't much evidence, I mean, I couldn't help but be wary.

Helping Town was convenient, but there was no real danger if a mislynch happened. As long as the survivor is looking like a good pseudo-Town, they're effectively invincible. I was suspicious - no, more fearful - beacause it didn't matter if your target was Mafia or not. There was no... caution, no reticence. Not a single shred of doubt.

Ultimately though, whatever my suspicions were, the fact was lynching you would be damaging Town anyway, no matter what you were doing. Which, again, I did not. :p

Fynn
04-10-2017, 01:27 PM
That's a nice attitude you have to an Other, Formy

sharkythesharkdogg
04-10-2017, 01:52 PM
I was pretty busy and brand new, so since I came up goon on my first play through, I just decided to use that as my personality in the game. I hoped it would come across as real since my confusion and minimal posting were actually real. :p

Formalhaut
04-10-2017, 02:17 PM
That's a nice attitude you have to an Other, Formy

:monster: It's Mafia. You know I love you Fynn, but you were the Survivor. My gut instinct was to not fully trust you, and well, you didn't do anything to dispell that notion to me!

I do wonder how it all would've panned out that day. Given that it was MyLo, with two votes already on me by non-Mafia people (Fynn and Slothy) I could easily see one of Laddy or Sharky giving me three to close out the win.

EDIT: That's not a bad strategy, Sharky. It was very believable. A lie is at its best when it isn't really a lie.

Pumpkin
04-10-2017, 02:36 PM
I knew who mafia were after I was lynched because I asked sharky, so I knew everything they were doing.

I was like, hey, since I'm out, might as well get a look at the behind the scenes stuff :lol:

Laddy
04-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah last game I was a town equivalent and flew under the radar and answered questions asked to me so with my rather expressive communication style I've learned my survivability is way stronger when I rein it in.

Formalhaut
04-10-2017, 09:04 PM
My usual play-style is to play cautious, if anything overcautious, so I have been trying since the previous game to be a bit more assertive and more engaging, as opposed to constantly 'umming and ahhing'.

Citizen Bleys
04-10-2017, 11:36 PM
Constantly uhmming and aahing can make you more readable and thus smurf up your scumgame

EDIT:. Although, I suppose, one's scum game doesn't need as much attention in EoFF's meta....I can't wait for my first scum game here

Slothy
04-11-2017, 12:42 AM
I think I may try to avoid that game then.

Formalhaut
04-11-2017, 06:45 AM
I mean, I thought I was doing my best for Town yet apparently that could be read as the scummiest play in the world by Fynn so what can I do? :shrug:

Citizen Bleys
04-11-2017, 11:48 AM
I think I may try to avoid that game then.

xD If I'm this much of a murder-hungry maniac as town, imagine what I'm like with a gun.

Formalhaut
04-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I am not looking forward to that.

Actually, it's been so long since I played as a Mafia I have no idea how I'd do, or how I'd play.

Citizen Bleys
04-11-2017, 08:40 PM
Don't worry, I'll catch you D1 and it'll all be over soon.

Formalhaut
04-11-2017, 08:48 PM
The first ever Mafia I ever played had me as Penelo, that obvious Mafia gangster. I ended up doing very well! Made it to the penultimate day, which wasn't a bad innings.

Second Mafia game I got about halfway through. I was Dwayne Johnson. Not sure if we won that or not, my memory is stronger with the first game.

Laddy
04-11-2017, 11:54 PM
You shot the Nexus and got killed.

Formalhaut
04-12-2017, 12:21 AM
Well, that was unfortunate.

Pumpkin
04-12-2017, 03:07 AM
Well. Should we play another mafia?

Citizen Bleys
04-12-2017, 03:48 AM
Isn't start times of new games up to the listmod?

Fynn
04-12-2017, 04:42 AM
I mean, I have all the avatars ready, I just need Paul to set up the mafia accounts. So I guess we can start the new sign-up thread if people are looking forward to that?

Laddy
04-12-2017, 07:04 AM
I'm always down to Mafia

Formalhaut
04-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Yeah, sure! Here's hoping this game goes much more smoothly.

FFNut
04-13-2017, 03:34 AM
I may hop in the next one... May being a big word there.

Fynn
04-13-2017, 05:52 AM
You must because I'd like it to be 16 players

Formalhaut
04-13-2017, 07:03 AM
Ah yeah, I love big games!

Scruffington
04-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Just going to close this thread. Really depressed about how things ended up.