PDA

View Full Version : Weird things you've eaten

Bubba
04-07-2017, 10:36 AM
This isn't going in Quina's Kitchen because it isn't in relation to actual food.

I'm talking weird stuff. Maybe you munch on paper to pass the time? Are you one of those freaks that eats the sponge from your sofa? The eraser from the end of a pencil (we've all done that, haven't we?).

Come on weirdos, step forward.

Psychotic
04-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Quina's Kitchen is the reason all of this happened in the first place :colbert:

I once ate kangaroo at the triple Cid's Knight meeting of '09. Wasn't all that great.

Freya
04-07-2017, 02:40 PM
I don't tend to eat weird things. I mean I guess I eat alligator fairly regularly when I go to my favorite cajun restaurant ?

Bubba
04-07-2017, 03:01 PM
No no no, you are all doing this wrong.

These are non-food items that you eat anyway because you are all freaks like me. Paper, sand, staplers... stuff like that.

I'm not revealing mine until I get at least three acceptable responses :colbert:

Sephex
04-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Not sure if this counts but when I was 2 or 3 years old I ate what I think was a cat food bit. I thought it was candy. It was not and tasted terrible. The 80s were different, man.

Shauna
04-07-2017, 04:22 PM
I knew a kid in primary school who ate crayons. He said the black ones tasted the best.

Pike
04-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Everyone at the pet store where I worked tried a dog biscuit at least once. Including myself.

I also ate (unused) toilet paper once when I was a kid. Why? My mom told me paper was technically edible so I wanted to test it.

Oh and a few times when I was pretending to be a bunny outside I would eat grass. It's... very tough and chewy, I do not recommend.

Once I ate a mealworm as part of a school dare sort of thing, and promptly barfed it up.

Colonel Angus
04-07-2017, 10:50 PM
I knew a kid in primary school who ate crayons. He said the black ones tasted the best.

They say once you go black, you never go back.

Like, I am an almost 26-year-old woman who will occasionally lick things out of curiosity. Like, please don't tell me you've never seen some object and been like, "I wonder what that tastes like."
Protip: Do not taste Nintendo Switch cartridges.

Madame Adequate
04-08-2017, 08:47 PM
I've tried a cat food biscuit before. Not very impressive, but edible if it's the apocalypse or something I guess.

Mr. Carnelian
04-10-2017, 01:36 AM
My nails. Bit them a LOT when I was younger. For the most part, I've substituted it with picking at my nails. Still catch myself biting them when I'm nervous, though.

maybee
04-10-2017, 04:28 AM
A moth, a fucking MOTH. One got inside my drink when I was looking, and went to take a sip of water and ended up getting a large moth in my mouth. ughhhhhhhghgh. Never again. I always look before drinking now.

Mr. Carnelian
04-10-2017, 02:52 PM
A moth, a smurfing MOTH. One got inside my drink when I was looking, and went to take a sip of water and ended up getting a large moth in my mouth. ughhhhhhhghgh. Never again. I always look before drinking now.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me with a bee. I got lucky, and it didn't sting the inside of my mouth.

Laddy
04-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Dog biscuits are surprisingly palatable ngl

Colonel Angus
04-11-2017, 10:11 PM
My nails. Bit them a LOT when I was younger. For the most part, I've substituted it with picking at my nails. Still catch myself biting them when I'm nervous, though.
To this day I still bite my nails & the skin along the edge.

fire_of_avalon
04-13-2017, 04:28 AM
I ate a flower once to spook a kid who was bugging me.

It wasn't yesterday.

Also I accidentally swallowed a fly but who hasn't done that.

Vasher
05-20-2017, 09:07 AM
A moth, a smurfing MOTH. One got inside my drink when I was looking, and went to take a sip of water and ended up getting a large moth in my mouth. ughhhhhhhghgh. Never again. I always look before drinking now.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me with a bee. I got lucky, and it didn't sting the inside of my mouth.

I had eaten a PB&J, "crunchy" pb. While finishing up my glass of milk, I felt what I thought was a peanut remnant. I chewed it up, despite the texture being "off". Once I'd finished the milk, I noticed a large wing from a "Daddy Long Legs" at the bottom.

That must have desensitized me because...

I caught a large leaf hopper during a break while watching "The UFC" with friends. Cut it in half and shared it with a friend.

We were attacked by very large beetles while sitting around the camp fire. I felt one graze my head, smacked at it, and it thumped against a log in the fire, stunning it. It sat there for a moment, just outside the flames, it began to hiss, then sizzle. I grabbed it, snapped it in half, and threw the front portion to one of my brothers (middle). Not bad at all.

Some might find this weird, but a hotdog with just sourkraut and mustard is heaven.

I had to replace jelly/honey with thick maple syrup in a peanut butter sandwich. That led to adding Maple Bacon potato chips, and later the addition of maple bacon. Do not try this at home.

Darth Ganon
05-23-2017, 07:55 AM
To this day I still bite my nails & the skin along the edge.

Me, too. All the time often to the point of bleeding and slight discomfort. Then I allow them to head and begin all over again.

There are also times when the paper wrapper sticks to the food and I look at it like, "I just don't care this time" and eat it anyway.

Just a few days ago I felt something not-liquid in my water. I don't know what it was, but it was past the point of no return and I swallowed.