PDA

View Full Version : Another what to play poll

Pumpkin
04-14-2017, 07:56 PM
I like these.

So I'll be off for the summer in a little bit (yay!) which means more time for gaming (yay!) and I'm wondering which game I should play next. I have an extensive list, but I've narrowed it down to games I'm currently in the mood for.

Games I am currently playing, in case that influences anyone's decision:
FFXV
Kingdom Hearts (as per the last poll)
Donkey Kong Country 2
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Danganronpa
Soul Calibur IV

Thanks guys :D

Slothy
04-14-2017, 08:01 PM
None of the above. Get the Sexy Brutale instead because I think it'd be right up your alley.

Fynn
04-14-2017, 08:13 PM
Child of Light is pretty aight

Formalhaut
04-14-2017, 09:30 PM
I would say Crash Bandicoot 3 but the remastered version is coming out this year so if anything I'd hold off on that.

Maybe the Atelier game? I know you like the series!

Madame Adequate
04-14-2017, 11:06 PM
From that list I'd say either Grandia or Valkyria Chronicles!

Slothy
04-14-2017, 11:20 PM
For serious answer: valkyria chronicles is really good.

Pumpkin
04-15-2017, 02:29 AM
I would say Crash Bandicoot 3 but the remastered version is coming out this year so if anything I'd hold off on that.

Maybe the Atelier game? I know you like the series!

The Iris trilogy is a bit different from what I'm used to playing and I'm not going to be getting the remastered Crash games anytime soon (if at all) if that affects your decision!

Wolf Kanno
04-15-2017, 03:25 AM
Grandia, it has quirky characters.

Karifean
04-15-2017, 04:50 AM
I'm not going to be getting the remastered Crash games anytime soon (if at all) if that affects your decision!

Sure does =P

Skyblade
04-15-2017, 07:01 AM
Go with LEGO Star Wars. The original trilogy. It's the favorite of the LEGO games I've played so far. Quite fun.

Shauna
04-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Atelier Iris is very different from current iterations of Atelier games. More traditional RPG with some crafting in the background if you fancy. I really loved it though.

Laddy
04-16-2017, 01:49 PM
I suggest Grandia. Battle system is great and it's full of charm.

Formalhaut
04-16-2017, 01:53 PM
In that case...

Huh. Now I'm stumped. I really like the Crash games though, so that's always a vote from me.

Pike
04-16-2017, 03:09 PM
Haven't played any of these (or even heard of most of them) actually so I'm gonna pass on the poll

Vyk
04-16-2017, 03:41 PM
I am positive you would love the characters in Grandia if you want to see into history's favorite turn-based battle system

The characters in Valkyria Chronicles are also mostly enjoyable, and the battle system is a lot easier to get into than most other strategy RPGs, but it has a hand full of ridiculous difficulty spikes that like to put up a brick wall against your progress. I don't know how much you'd enjoy the game after doing the same battle 5 times and dying each time. But there are nifty how-to videos out there that make it way more tolerable, and when you're not getting your butt handed to you the rest of the game is super enjoyable. And also beautiful. Probably the prettiest stylized game before Ni No Kuni

But realistically I'd have to say Grandia. I usually hate playing as kids, but there's so much character in the personalities, I can't help but love that game. Shame I never got around to beating it

Vermachtnis
04-17-2017, 06:28 AM
Child of Light is very cute and has a nice battle system. And it's pretty short.

Atelier Iris is my second choice. They're very enjoyable, but like Shauna said, they're straight up rpgs with crafting unlike the normal simmy Atelier games.

Spuuky
04-17-2017, 06:37 AM
Valkyria Chronicles, which you will love.